My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Started by Kunoichi, April 10, 2011, 08:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alysanthia

Sabby

Was guna give myself a Power Ranger logo cutie mark, but, as usual, I am hidden by my hair.

Kunoichi

Quote from: Changingsaint on February 29, 2012, 03:04:23 PM
Edit: I am doubly offended actually, because of my speech problems that needed corrective help, as well as needing eye surgery to help fix a lazy eye. So this feels doubly insulting to me. I'm writing Hasbro a firm letter.

There's talk that this is actually just something iTunes is doing, and that Hasbro hasn't changed a thing for the DVD releases, so make sure you send iTunes a letter as well.  And good luck. ^^

*fiddles around with pony creator*

Alysanthia

D'aww Sabby that is the cutest little pony!

I had heard that too about iTunes changing so not to 'offend' anyone.... -__-;

Gave her a little steampunk cutie mark and green! I love green! 8D

Autumn Sativus

Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Sabby

Saff, I've never even seen this Derpy girl outside of a few pictures, and that video made me guilty anyway Dx

Autumn Sativus

Us against the world

Sabby

Wow, this is what's gotten everyone's feathers so ruffled? xD Ironic, really... having a mentally handicapped character is apparently insensitive, but 'making her normal' is the politically correct approach. Now I'm starting to understand why certain people insist on being called Rationalists.

Autumn Sativus

I don't believe she is actually handicapped. She's just a klutzy pony with a lazy eye, from what I understand.

In either case, this whole outrage/riot thing seems a bit silly to me. The only place where they made the change was in the episode for purchase on iTunes. Just wait for the DVDs or download it. I don't see the huge issue. :-\
Us against the world

Sabby

Eh, the upset has gotta be sparked by something, whether it's intended by the show or just in the soccer mums head. I don't think they intended for the character to be handicapped, but whoever decided it should be changed clearly thinks so.

Kunoichi

I suppose I should add in something relevant...

Oniya

Okay, the Halloween frame in that image made me laugh out loud.  The cat is now looking at me funny.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Alysanthia

*Chokes on her soda laughing.*

That was great Kunoichi.

Sabby

Saffron is making me watch -.-

Strangely, the one thing I keep wondering is how the hell they build anything. The one's born with wings must feel like second class citizens, since they have no hands AND no telekinisis.

Kunoichi

Nah, Pegasus Ponies mostly handle the weather, actually.  The real question is how Earth Ponies get anything done when they can only use their hooves and mouths to manipulate things...

Maverick Hunter Cake

A better question is how the stuff like trains got there. Stuff that's obviously meant for people and not ponies....it makes you wonder a bit.

Oniya

Well, there are bipedal creatures with opposable thumbs around. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Kunoichi

Including minotaurs, as this week's episode showed.

Maverick Hunter Cake

Minotaurs, dragons...Diamond Dogs(Gnolls, that's what they look like to me), it's getting really DnD in MLP.

Kunoichi

It may be a bit D&D, but Iron Will's voice actor was in DBZ. ;D

...Yes, I know, it was a terrible joke. >>;

Maverick Hunter Cake

I like it. Hercule(Mr. Satan) was an amusing character. Hell, he befriended Maijin buu of all people until Vee got shot...and bigger buu came out.

Alysanthia

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 03, 2012, 07:44:05 PM
It may be a bit D&D, but Iron Will's voice actor was in DBZ. ;D

...Yes, I know, it was a terrible joke. >>;

*Gigglesnorts*

Kunoichi

So, something I hadn't noticed that took place during this week's episode...

Though, looking through the episode again, it is really easy to miss.

Wolfy

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 05, 2012, 12:46:18 AM
So, something I hadn't noticed that took place during this week's episode...

Though, looking through the episode again, it is really easy to miss.

So.......FxF pony relationships?

This show really is progressive. <3

Anyway..

The Legend of Pony: Navi Pie

.....*falls over*

and to balance that out....

Save Derpy

@_@ If you didn't believe in saving Derpy..you will now.