News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Mechanized Craving

Started by TotesRider, July 27, 2016, 10:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TotesRider

I've been on bit of a mecha anime kick. And why not supply that kick with some healthy doses of RP?

But here's the thing. Most Mecha RPs are generally more gundam based or possibly MechWarrior style. However i'm honestly crazing a Super Robot themed RP. So what is Super Robot exactly?

Super Robot refers to mecha shows that basically say "Fuck Physics, the robot is a god damn super hero". This is the genre that basically goes for the over the topness of giant robots rather than using realistic military settings that happen to have robots.
To help out here's a handy dandy page and checklist from TV Tropes
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SuperRobotGenre?from=Main.SuperRobot

Some Examples

I have a few Super Robo themed ideas in mind but i'm open for brainstorming. They're a little on the ridiculous side but that's the fun of Super Robot. Though I do have a picture of the kind of robot I would like to see as the main bot
http://s698.photobucket.com/user/jroleplay/media/Megaton-Musashi_2016_07-27-16_003_zpsgbeyzfqi.jpg.html?o=0

School Robo Club
In the future, a new form of club has been forming in schools around the world. The Mecha Clubs. Through the use of extremely advanced 3D printing these clubs are able to make large piloted robots. As these clubs became more and more popular, a new school sport had been formed in which teams pit their robots together in a battle. Now there are massive tournaments and circuits with massive cash prizes. This is the story of a small school with very little in the way of funding. As a last ditch effort the school gets a loan to form their own Mecha Club with the hope of rising up and winning enough championships to save the school from financial ruin.

The Last Metal Guardian (kinda more serious)
In the year 2021, a bizarre race of giant insectoid monsters invaded the Earth. As they ravaged the world, humanity began to build colossal machines to battle these creatures. These Metal Guardians, as they were called, were the front line in fending off the invaders. However as the fights went on, the insectoids gained a horrifying new ability. They could essentially hijack the Metal Guardians and through creating a hive inside the cockpit, can turn them into a horrifying mixture of bug and robot.
Fifty years have passed since the bugs began to win every battle. Most of humanity had been wiped out. All that's left of our world are gigantic hives creates from pieces of cities and landmarks. Hope seems lost for mankind...
That is until a small group of survivors happen upon a still functional Metal Guardian. It was a prototype unit that utilized a new form of energy allowing it endless power to operate. With a new weapon of hope, this group now travels the world to destroy every single insectoid hive.

Another variation of the above plot would involve combining robots. Kinda like Aquarion or Getter. Each of our characters (More than 2 would be ideal) each have their own robots but the three can combine into an extremely powerful bot

Jazrae22

Gunbuster for the Win!

Great ideas and I can definitely see some great story opportunities.  Please keep me in mind for brainstorming or writing if things move forward!

-Jaz