-Death-
Sadness, Great Change.  Inevitability

(undisclosedtoyou)

Catherine Montgomery, 24
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
Height: 5’4”
Place of birth: Los Angeles, California
An orphan, she was given up at birth.  Her mother dying while delivering her, and an unknown father, she was thrown from foster home to foster home.  She first gained her powers when she was Eight years old and a girl who had befriended her had fallen through the ice of a frozen over lake.  When she was pulled out dead, Catherine had inadvertently used her powers to bring her back.  When she got back home she found out that her foster mother had died in a car accident driving from the grocery store.   She was moved from foster home to foster home from then on.  She stays to herself, living alone, and working from home as an online graphics designer.  She makes cover art for Bands, books, athletic gear, and posters.

Abilities: Retro-cognition- The ability to see or perceive the past in the form of a vision or premonition
Rebirth: The ability to bring someone back to life, with the cost of taking the life of someone equal in Alignment, and someone dear to Catherine.

Affliction: Insomnia, Her dreams are plagued with death and memories that are not hers, so she refuses/unable to fall asleep.  By bringing someone back to life, someone close to her is taken.  The responsibility of giving the sacrifice in order to bring someone back is her responsibility, so without someone close to sacrifice, she cannot use this power.  So she is a rather introverted isolated person, who can be seen as rude to push people away.   
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

JMadame

Okay, so I am not quite sure that I thoroughly understand the specifics of assimilation.
Like when you have sex with another Entity, do you absorb their power and give them yours? Or do you have both for the 72 hours? And if it is a blood exchange. do you have both powers forever and likewise with the other Entity?
If you do keep both, then why when you are raped, is it possible to not have your power anymore? Is that because it was an unwilling exchange?

Sorry if these are silly questions, I am just trying to understand fully.... :)

Thanks.

~JM
You know what this is... ;)"To conceal anything from those to whom I am attached, is not in my nature. I can never close my lips where I have opened my heart.” Charles Dickens

miss Hysteria

I fixed the age in my original post.

Name: Columbine
Eyes: One green, one colorless (albino)
Hair: Dark
Affliction: Insanity, Speaks only in Rhyme
Abillity: Columbine has the ability to excell at whatever activity she is currently engaged in, reaching the full potential of an ideal practicioner.  However, she is heavily delusional and unable to really direct this ability in any purposeful way
Columbine’s past in mysterious, her present enigmatic, her future incomprehensible.  Those that know anything about her know her as a wander; a child, looking no older than 18 (though that could be the malnourishment talking; she could be as old as 20 or 25), strolling aimlessly though the streets of New York or Chicago or Los Angeles or London or Tokyo in a quilted motley of rags, always looking like she knew something – some secret that no one else was privy to.  Every Sunday she goes to the park to play chess – she always wins – until, eventually, people stop playing with her and she moves on to a new park.  She hardly ever speaks; and when she does, you usually wish she hadn’t.

**Whoops, chaged it to a smaller picture**

TinyValkyrie

Argh~ sorry for the delay, everybody~ I updated the first post, and went a little more depth about the process of Assimilation, and added a bit more to the Entity/Alignment list.
Thank you for being so patient, especially when asked to make changes- we'll be on our way in a little bit!

~TinyValkyrie~

Erebus

This sounds *very* interesting.

Can I play the Hermit please?

My Introduction
My ONs & OFFs
Absences

In need for some short term players/NPCs? Place your request ==> here <==

Are you a lucky little lady in the city of light; Or just another lost angel, city of night. - James Douglas Morrison

TinyValkyrie

Quote from: Erebus on February 20, 2009, 03:36:57 AM
This sounds *very* interesting.

Can I play the Hermit please?

Certainly! Just send me your chara sheet and pic when you're ready!<3

Erebus

Quote from: TinyValkyrie on February 20, 2009, 03:45:24 AM
Certainly! Just send me your chara sheet and pic when you're ready!<3

What do you think of this:

===============================

IX
-The Hermit-
Isolation. Reflection. Philosophical.

(Erebus)

Nikos Ksuris, 41
Eyes: Black
Height: 5'9"

History:
Nikos is the youngest son of Anthony and Maria Ksuri. He was born and breed in a small village in Crete Greece, called Mires (Μοίρες) which is Greek for fates.
His family was really poor, since the only income they had was from the fish his father and his four older brothers would catch and then sell to the local market. So he was forced from a very young age, to help his father in his fishing sail offs.  It was during one of these sail offs that he was met with his destiny, when their boat sunk and they were all drowned.  Only his drowning wasn't so ...permanent. He found himself washed out on the beach a couple of days later, with severe amnesia.  About a week or so, his memory was almost restored, and he was already on his way home.  When he got there however, he found out that the tragic news of their demise, have gotten there first, leading his old mother to suicide. He was fifteen and he was all alone.

After that, young Nikos alienated himself from society.  He spend the next 5 years in a remote cave, in complete solitude, lost between philosophical pursuits and suicide attempts. Attempts that would always end with him washed out on that same beach suffering from amnesia.

At the age of twenty, still searching for answers, he decided to attend philosophical and theological classes in the university of Crete. Money was no object for him, since whenever he needed cash, all he had to do was to make some impossible, extremely dangerous bet and collect a week later, leaving everyone in awe.

Alas his university courses didn't gave him the answers he sought.  The only thing that he gained from the time he spend in there, was a moderate knowledge of the English language.  So after four years, he abandoned everything. He bought a piece of land just behind the beach he had come to know so well, built a house and decided to spend there the rest of his life or eternity for that matter, conducting his own research on theology, philosophy and death.

Ability:
Nikos Ksuris is immortal. Every encounter with death, ends with him washed out on that beach.

Affictions:
Emotionless.  The years he's spent in solitude, his unique 'ability' and the death of his family, have deprived him of his feelings.
Alienation.  He perceives himself as not part of the human species.

===============================

I would like to make a suggestion:
Since this game will have 20+ players, it would be rather difficult for any of us to remember which character is actually doing/saying what during the game.
My suggestion is, to put a small picture of our character in the beginning of our posts.
This visual aid, will help everyone playing connecting the text he/she reads with the character.

What do you (all) think?

My Introduction
My ONs & OFFs
Absences

Are you a lucky little lady in the city of light; Or just another lost angel, city of night. - James Douglas Morrison

undisclosedtoyou

I actually like that suggestion, so I'll probably do it.  Thanks for the tip.

*smile*
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Duchess

cool...i did it in other games and it help wonders..

Jael

Excellent idea, Erebus!

This one is Gomorrah's:

Duchess

i finish my character sheet

LadySky

XIX
-The Sun-
Optimism. Splendor. Boisterous
Aileen Tucker  Age~26
Eyes~Brown  Hair~Blonde
Height~5'7  Weight~132

Born in East Texas on the Tucker Ranch Aileen is all cowgirl. Raised on a horse with 5 brothers she is a tomboy with a Playboy body.
Her mother died in childbirth and she is the only girl and her father and brothers are fiercley loyal and protective. Her one and ONLY sexual experience
ended with her being hospitilized for the first time.

Ability~At 13 Aileen noticed she could cheer people up. When she focused she could bring joy and happiness to her family and friends.
By the time she was 16 she could simply touch someone and lighten a dark soul or lift a dejected spirit.
At 26 she can simply look at a person and bring hope, happiness, and joy to anyone.

Affliction~At first panic attacks were here only problem. By the time she turned 21 she had been hospitilized
4 times for suicide watch. Acute Depression cripples her any time she uses her ability. At 18 and just arrived at college
she became involved with a young man and while having sex her nerves overwhelmed her causing her to wish for her partners satisfaction and
joy so he would be pleased with her. It backfired and though he had the sexual high of a lifetime and would never quite come down from the high
she gave him she crashed so hard she almost killed herself the following day. Needless to say Aileen never tried again. Her horses are all she needs, or so she tells herself.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Lilias

Could I take up the Empress? I'll come up with a character sheet presently.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

TinyValkyrie

Everybody, I'm SO sorry that this has taken FOREVER to get started, but due to some personal issues, and in a play production I was quite caught up in getting it going..!
HOWEVER!
I will officially start the thread on <<<Monday, March 9th>>> as people are still sending me their info, changing, and what have you~ Once again, thank you for being so patient, and I'll have everybody's info up ASAP!

<3333
TinyValkyrie

Lilias

No problem. Life does get in the way; that's what life does.

So here's the final(?) version - let me know if you need me to change anything.

III - The Empress
Sexuality. Beauty. Fickle.
(Lilias)

Name: Jana Velimirovic
Eyes: Dark brown
Height: 5'10"
Place of Birth: Novi Sad, Yugoslavia

History: Jana's family was driven to emigrate to the US in the aftermath of the Yugoslavian crisis of the mid-90s. Jana herself had already begun training to become a dancer, but the new situation she found herself in drove her towards different career paths. She's currently a lingerie and glamour model in quite high demand, and does the occasional classical-inspired exotic dance performance in the LA club circuit.

Abilities: Apart from being photogenic in the extreme and able to convey any impression needed through the camera lens, Jana has innate healing powers. She is always in excellent health and shape, recovers amazingly fast from whatever may damage her physical form, and that extends, to a degree, even to the people who stay close to her for long enough.

Affliction: Jana lacks any foresight at all. She never thinks of the consequences of what she does, and is utterly incapable of making long-term plans or keeping commitments.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Erebus

Quote from: TinyValkyrie on March 04, 2009, 02:40:31 AM
Everybody, I'm SO sorry that this has taken FOREVER to get started, but due to some personal issues, and in a play production I was quite caught up in getting it going..!
HOWEVER!
I will officially start the thread on <<<Monday, March 9th>>> as people are still sending me their info, changing, and what have you~ Once again, thank you for being so patient, and I'll have everybody's info up ASAP!

<3333
TinyValkyrie

Don't worry hon, no big deal.
Play production!!! That sounds cool. Good luck with it.

Cheers!!!
My Introduction
My ONs & OFFs
Absences

undisclosedtoyou

oooh I'm quite excited about this game to start.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Duchess

and which one are you?

Omniferious

Because the Hanged Man tarot card is made of win.

XII
-The Hanged Man-
Sacrifice. Conformism. Inner harmony.

(Omniferious)

(picture pending)

Name: Jack Bohn
Hair: Auburn
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5'9"
Frame: Muscular
Place of Birth: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA

History: Jack was born in the War Zone, the stretch of turf in southern Albuquerque that gangs have been have been killing each other over for over twenty years now. Born to a nineteen year-old and a twenty-two year old, things were understandably a little tight. It sort of ran that way for the rest of his life, until he turned fourteen and ran away, before reappearing on his parents' doorstep two years later, completely different, with an eerily cool gaze that seemed to cut into them. He got his GED and ended up getting a degree in Fabrication and Welding Technologies, leaving him with a trade by the time he was eighteen. He has since been moving around, trying to find the right place to live that's not a huge desert.

Ability: Mind Over Body. Jack has an amazing level of inner harmony, a well spring of inner strength and calmness that allows him to push his body to supernatural levels of strength, endurance and agility.

Affliction: Every time he pushes his body beyond the limits of what it should physically be capable of he risks indulging in an emotion or state of mind to a polar extreme as a reflection of how he is disturbing the harmony of his body.

Tad

Did you get my PM about my idea for Temperance?  If not, I can send it again or post it here.
In the process of moving, so posts may be slow
Need an idea?        Ons and Offs

BigBuckBob

James Debure -Wheel of Fortune-

I'm ready to go, and I see the thread is up now. Any guidelines on where to begin?
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

TinyValkyrie

It turns out that there is another thread here already entitled 'Fate'
-sigh-

So, the game is now called "An Overture to Causality"

And also.. you guys are free to post whenever you wish!
Forgive me, I am in a play production for the next two weeks, so I'll be posting, but not very frequently~ but don't wait for me, you all go ahead!!!

Go! Shoo! Have fun!

Erebus

Quote from: TinyValkyrie on March 11, 2009, 02:11:00 AM
It turns out that there is another thread here already entitled 'Fate'
-sigh-

So, the game is now called "An Overture to Causality"

And also.. you guys are free to post whenever you wish!
Forgive me, I am in a play production for the next two weeks, so I'll be posting, but not very frequently~ but don't wait for me, you all go ahead!!!

Go! Shoo! Have fun!

No worries TinyValkyrie.

If only you could create the game threads so we could start posting...

Cheers and good luck with your play :)

My Introduction
My ONs & OFFs
Absences

undisclosedtoyou

the threads are made, the link is on the first post...or it was a day ago.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Erebus

You're right.

I ...missed it *stupid* :)
My Introduction
My ONs & OFFs
Absences