[D&D 3.5 high-level evil campaign] Project Blackguard

Started by Autocad, December 01, 2012, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunoichi

Hmm.  Basic Succubus Fiend of Possession is a pretty simple and obvious build.  ExisD could probably realize that 'Fallen Angel' character idea with any number of good-aligned outsiders, now, though the one that springs most readily to mind for me is to use the 12-HD Astral Deva.  I could try a monster with some form of innate spellcasting or manifesting, or maybe one with a boatload of SLAs...

...Darn, the Beholder doesn't have a listed LA. >>; Oh well.  Maybe a Silthilar?  Nah, Polymorph Any Object at will, even as a full-round action, is probably going to be a little too overpowered, while simultaneously pigeonholing my role to one very limited in scope.

Lessee, no real undead that catch my interest, Night Hags don't have a listed LA...  Ah, but that's interesting.  Efreeti don't have a listed LA in the Monster Manual, but were given a +9 LA in Savage Species.  And they have 10 racial HD.

...Nah, there's no way Autocad would allow that.  Oh well.  Succubus it is.

PaleEnchantress

Due to the somewhat comedic nature of this game im thinking of a few amusing stories. Like what it was like to grow up near a dryad with turrets Tourettes

"Fucking kids! Get the fuck away from my tree you miserable little bitches!"
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on December 04, 2012, 04:43:19 PM
Due to the somewhat comedic nature of this game im thinking of a few amusing stories. Like what it was like to grow up near a dryad with turrets.

"Fucking kids! Get the fuck away from my tree you miserable little bitches!"

You mean Tourette's?

I'd think growing up near a dryad with turrets would just involve a lot of bullet wounds.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 04, 2012, 04:46:09 PM
You mean Tourette's?

I'd think growing up near a dryad with turrets would just involve a lot of bullet wounds.

*headesk* I just woke up. Though that misspelling did give me some other ideas.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on December 04, 2012, 04:47:04 PM
*headesk* I just woke up. Though that misspelling did give me some other ideas.

Now I'm picturing a dryad who rides around in a tank, carrying her tree in a big planter's pot in the back.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 04, 2012, 04:48:09 PM
Now I'm picturing a dryad who rides around in a tank, carrying her tree in a big planter's pot.

TANK DRYAD! She has mutated Kangaroo's as infantry

Kunoichi

Well, with the magical livewood trees that Eberron introduced, a Dryad is now allowed to live inside ordinary wooden objects...

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Kunoichi on December 04, 2012, 04:55:53 PM
Well, with the magical livewood trees that Eberron introduced, a Dryad is now allowed to live inside ordinary wooden objects...

OMG maybe the tank is her tree.

Kunoichi

An Apparatus of the Crab with a livewood driver's seat. ;D

I suppose a better option would probably be Airship Dryad, though.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Kunoichi on December 04, 2012, 05:02:08 PM
An Apparatus of the Crab with a livewood driver's seat. ;D

I suppose a better option would probably be Airship Dryad, though.

The elemental bound air (or a landship really) would be perfect. Give it one of those fire enchanted ballistas.

And a keg of endless beer.

Kunoichi

xD And I suppose her boyfriend is the elemental bound into the ship?  Probably a Fire Elemental, since this sounds like the type of Dryad who likes to live dangerously. :P

TheGlyphstone

To the Stronghold Builder's Guide!

Mobile = -5%
Wood Shape spell = -5%

(1) Guard Post = .5 SS, 300GP.
Living Wood Walls = 2000GP/space*0.9*0.5=900 GP.
(1) Strong Wooden Door = 40 GP
(1)Arrow Slit = 30 GP
Crawling movement type = 1000/space = 1000 GP
Extraordinary Speed (6 miles/hour, roughly 45 ft. tactical move speed) = 21,000

Total cost = 23,270 GP. That's a 20x10x10 mobile space (roughly the size of an M-60 battle tank). Currently unarmed and without defenses, but that's what extras and enhancements are for.

Best. Book. Ever.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Kunoichi on December 04, 2012, 05:13:57 PM
xD And I suppose her boyfriend is the elemental bound into the ship?  Probably a Fire Elemental, since this sounds like the type of Dryad who likes to live dangerously. :P

"AH don't worry about the howling coming from under deck. He's into that kind of shit really... So Tristeria, I hear you went all vampire and shit now. What do you do? Bite them with the teeth in your snatch? Bah don't get your panties ruffled I'm just fucking with you. I ain't never seen a male nymph before, and after hanging around you, prettyboy ,I still say I haven't seen one. "

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 04, 2012, 05:16:54 PM
To the Stronghold Builder's Guide!

Mobile = -5%
Wood Shape spell = -5%

(1) Guard Post = .5 SS, 300GP.
Living Wood Walls = 2000GP/space*0.9*0.5=900 GP.
(1) Strong Wooden Door = 40 GP
(1)Arrow Slit = 30 GP
Crawling movement type = 1000/space = 1000 GP
Extraordinary Speed (6 miles/hour, roughly 45 ft. tactical move speed) = 21,000

Total cost = 23,270 GP. That's a 20x10x10 mobile space (roughly the size of an M-60 battle tank). Currently unarmed and without defenses, but that's what extras and enhancements are for.

Best. Book. Ever.

Thats awesome!

Kunoichi

And thus began the saga of Tank Dryad.

Although, now I'm starting to think that that Were-T-Rex idea I had might not be too over-the-top for this game after all...

TheGlyphstone

Honestly, I think we're getting a little carried away. Remember that we are supposed to be subtle, or at least not ridiculously over-the-top...if we're too attention-gathering, it'll tip off Good that we're up to something and ruin the entire operation.

Tank Dryads and Were-T-Rexes, while awesome, are not subtle.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Kunoichi on December 04, 2012, 05:23:27 PM
And thus began the saga of Tank Dryad.

Although, now I'm starting to think that that Were-T-Rex idea I had might not be too over-the-top for this game after all...

My favorite Lycanthrope was never imported from second to third edition. The Foxwoman. In 2e they were i8nstant kill against a party without a cleric (or a lot of women) I think the rules with less than 17 Wis who saw one was instantly dominated (no save).

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 04, 2012, 05:25:07 PM
Honestly, I think we're getting a little carried away. Remember that we are supposed to be subtle, or at least not ridiculously over-the-top...if we're too attention-gathering, it'll tip off Good that we're up to something and ruin the entire operation.

Tank Dryads and Were-T-Rexes, while awesome, are not subtle.

Hmm perhaps a good point. I have to wonder if the DM was wanting over the top hijinks or just a bit of self patronizing humor.

Well the wonderful thing about Tank Dryad is keep her at home with lots of beer and cigars and she will just make magic gear for everyone (Assuming you don't end up with this)

http://oglaf.com/breastplate/

And Were T Rex still has a human form.

Kunoichi

Eh, I'm not really interested in playing melee muscle, anyway. ^^; Besides, the best reason for being a lycanthrope is the one I mentioned a page or two ago.  Se can give the tragic hero of this little tale we're spinning a suitably epic mount.  Make it an initiator, and he'll be able to claim that his horse knows kung-fu. ;D

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Kunoichi on December 04, 2012, 05:37:49 PM
Eh, I'm not really interested in playing melee muscle, anyway. ^^; Besides, the best reason for being a lycanthrope is the one I mentioned a page or two ago.  Se can give the tragic hero of this little tale we're spinning a suitably epic mount.  Make it an initiator, and he'll be able to claim that his horse knows kung-fu. ;D

There are several ways to control his magic mount. One is planar bind a nightmare.

TheGlyphstone

Yeah, but once he hits level 5, how do we stop him from summoning his actual holy horse mount? Nightmares are cool, but I'm pretty sure jet-black demon horses with flaming hooves are a big tip-off on the Evil front.

Kunoichi

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 04, 2012, 05:39:21 PM
Yeah, but once he hits level 5, how do we stop him from summoning his actual holy horse mount?

It might involve planar travel. Im sure there is a way when you're level 15ish. We will have to see if we even care enough to go that route.

On a somewhat more relevant note what point buy allowance do you want to ask for? 32 is standard for high powered, but with most being powerful races we could be very happy at 28.

TheGlyphstone

The more the merrier. I don't get very big stat boosts compared to some of the other races being thrown around (Str -, +2 Dex, +4 Con, +4 Int, +4 Wis, +4 Cha). It's a good balanced spread, but Nymphs sport a +0/+6/+2/+6/+6/+8, succubi have +2/+2/+2/+6/+4/+16.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 04, 2012, 05:45:30 PM
The more the merrier. I don't get very big stat boosts compared to some of the other races being thrown around (Str -, +2 Dex, +4 Con, +4 Int, +4 Wis, +4 Cha). It's a good balanced spread, but Nymphs sport a +0/+6/+2/+6/+6/+8, succubi have +2/+2/+2/+6/+4/+16.

You're right, using less points seems to limit those with lowish race stats more than high points beef up those who already have good ones.