The World of Darkness - Changeling (MUL)

Started by Mr Self Destruct, November 23, 2009, 10:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Self Destruct

I’m a huge fan of the games created by White Wolf Publsihing, especially the New World of Darkness game lines.  I’ve played them for years, and though I don’t yet have their newest game, Geist, there are those that I’m still craving to play, though not necessarily in their dice-rolling format.  Rather, I’m currently in the mood for a freeform game of Changeling: The Lost.  Below is a rundown of the setting, and what anyone interested can expect in terms of content.

For reference, please click here.

The game is set in the World of Darkness, a fictional analogue to the real world, but is a darker depiction thereof. Not only is the world cast in a more violent, malevolent and horrific manner, but humanity unknowingly coexist with legendary monsters and the supernatural. The "Changelings" of the title are ordinary human beings who were kidnapped by the Fae and taken to serve a durance of slavery in Faerie (alternately known as Arcadia). The player characters represent changelings who have escaped their otherworldly captors and through the netherworld that separates Faerie from Earth, known as the Hedge. The game focuses on the experiences of these changelings, the self-titled Lost, as they re-discover the world of their birth, try to cope with the changes they have undergone, and seek to evade recapture.

Changelings refer to themselves as "the Lost": they were kidnapped by the immortal Fae, taken to an alien realm, and held prisoner. While trapped in Faerie (referred to as their "Durance"), they were forced to serve their otherworldly masters and endure servitude ranging from menial labour to torture. In being dragged through the Hedge to Faerie, some essential piece of their humanity was torn away by the thorns of the Hedge, and over the course of their Durance, they are forced to forge compacts with the realm that triggers a change in their physical and metaphysical nature to survive under the twisted laws underpinning Faerie.

Many escape only to find that in their place has been left a Fetch, faerie simulacrum forged from leaves, twigs, and other debris, and that their experience of the passage of time may be greatly different from the passage of time on Earth since their theft. While some will seek to kill and replace the Fetch in hopes of reclaiming their lives, many more discover that either the world or their selves have altered far too much to resume where they left off.

In turn, many of the escaped turn to others of their kind, establishing political havens and refuges amongst the enclaves of humanity. Partly to provide mutual protection against external and internal threats, partly to provide a support network of fellow survivors of Faerie that they can identify with, and partly to hold society and court in the absence of true integration with humanity. For even under the best possible circumstances, the Lost are no longer fully human, and having been exposed to the wonders and horrors of Faerie, they cannot subsume themselves within the bliss of ignorance.
My idea is to play a Keeper who takes a mortal woman to his realm for one express purpose: physical pleasure.  He is a sadistic creature that is incapable of understanding love, and, after misinterpreting sex as being an expression of love (and witnessing humans make the same mistake), he decides to test it out for himself in hopes of understanding what he cannot comprehend.  For specific kinks, mostly anything in my On/Offs list is a go, and if my partner is interested, some Maybes and No’s can be discussed.

PM me if you’re interested, and please don’t be insulted or irritated if we can’t make a go of it.  I prefer literate writing partners who are paragraph posters, and while this game is mostly one of sexual exploitation, the potential for it to lead to a larger story is there.  I’ll be somewhat picky in my partner for this, as this game is near and dear to me, and I want it to be a lengthy one.