F2P Games - SWTOR - Possible Star Wars RP

Started by Pyrre, November 08, 2012, 04:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyrre

So, Star Wars: The Old Republic will go free to play on the 15th.  I'm currently subscribed to that game.

Was wondering if anyone on this site would like to play it, or does.

Brand new to this place after all, just got approved!

Silverfyre

I've been playing since launch (even did some beta time) and am still enjoying it.  I'm currently subscribed to it and plan on converting to F2P once my six months of paid time runs out.  I play mostly for the RP and the story so end game content really doesn't bother me and I get my Star Wars kicks in with it, so I'm still logging in.

Shjade

I was planning to check it out just for character generation when it went F2P. Then someone told me all the races are the same model and all you change is faces.

:|
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

ShadowFox89

Best advice I can offer on that is to look up youtube vids of people playing with the character creator.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Shjade on November 09, 2012, 12:46:01 AM
I was planning to check it out just for character generation when it went F2P. Then someone told me all the races are the same model and all you change is faces.

:|

Not exactly. All the races are basically humanoid, yes. There are 4 different body types. The majority of the customisation is with the head / face, but I think that's the same with most games.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

ShadowFox89

It is, the two with the most customization were superhero games.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Pyrre

Well, I'm still planning on playing it.  I figured it would be a good rp outlet once it goes F2P.  In fact, I believe the RP servers are the most filled anyways.

There is enough diversity in the character creation.  You should feel satisfied, but there can definitely be more added.  Hopefully at some point, they will do that.

Chris Brady

Still subbin', going to continue to.  I like it it.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Pyrre

Which servers and which side are you playing?

Silverfyre

Ebon Hawk and both sides. I am bisidual.

Pyrre

Yeah, I'm currently on the Ebonhawke as well.  Got a capped IA, and was starting a Jedi Knight.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Silverfyre on November 09, 2012, 06:53:17 PM
Ebon Hawk and both sides. I am bisidual.
Same, capped BH Merc.  Have one of every class save the Sage/Inquisitor.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Funguy81

I'm on ebon hawk as well. I got a maxed vanguard as my main, and i'm starting to play through the stories of several other classes.