Interest check-Dark Wonderland ( fairly tale, dark and twisted)

Started by WindVoyager, March 30, 2018, 03:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindVoyager

Fairy Tales are dark. The old versions any way and I've always loved the older versions compared to the brighter more cartoon-like versions.My brain goes to all manner of very dark places so why not have a small group based off the darker versions? With a twist. I want to take the worst about the old tales and bring it all out.

And not just from tales, but add in things from The Wolf Among Us, Alice is Dead and McGee's Alice.

This Wonderland if not a bright, light gentle place at all. It is a dark foul and perverse place. Its a place where the Infernal Train-a huge, fiery and truly horrifying locomotive- blazes down its tracks that twist through out Wonderland and is rumored to be the source of corporation in Wonderland.

The dark alleys of Wonderland hide all manner of creeping and crawling things. Shops that line the main street sell all manner of things, from the mundane to the horrific. And then there's the brothel. Londerland.

Just to make the lives of those who live in Wonderland all the harder, the two Queens are at war and hold no bars and don't care who gets in their way and both are willing to do what it takes to become the ruler over Wonderland. And this includes kidnapping and torture.

Both have their own twisted guards and loyal minions but the Red Queen as the Jabberwock.

The White Queen for example, would be as twisted and corrupt and evil and her counterpart but she truly bevies what does is for the greater good and the cost justifies the price. The Tweedle Twins may be bouncers or enforcers, Mad March and the White Rabbit are mercenaries.

There can, in some cases, be two versions of the same character. They need to be vastly different in terms of personality and abilities. Like Alice from McGee's Alice and an Alice from another series. Some of the non human creatures can even be given a human form they can take at times to help them blend in when they need to.

I want to keep this a character heavy\story heavy RP and not a smut fest. I want to see the lives these characters lead in this twisted world. Are they forced to work the jobs they do? DO they feel as if they have no choice but to submit to some higher authority? What drives them.

Caela

Dhampyress

Roleplay Frog

*rolls in, ponders, puts up jukebox*

Hmnnn..

QuoteIts a place where the Infernal Train-a huge, fiery and truly horrifying locomotive- blazes down its tracks that twist through out Wonderland and is rumored to be the source of corporation in Wonderland.

I figure you mean corruption? Question: Why would there be a war ongoing if there's such an obvious threat to band together against?

Jovialtraveler

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on March 31, 2018, 06:29:15 PM
*rolls in, ponders, puts up jukebox*

Hmnnn..

I figure you mean corruption? Question: Why would there be a war ongoing if there's such an obvious threat to band together against?
THEORY: the queens started it