[Closed] [M/M] [Poly] [Mercenaries] [Super Powers] Soldiers of Fortune

Started by Dotley, December 07, 2017, 08:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dotley

Introduction
(Written by Ouroboros + Dotley)

There's always a war to be fought. It never really ends. So long as there's at least two people left alive on this earth somebody is going to want someone else dead.

So it goes on.

The beginning of the twentieth century was rocked by conflict after conflict. The first World War was followed by a second; a bomb was unleashed that ushered in a new and terrifying chapter to humanity's history of warfare. That bomb changed everything because it changed people. Children conceived after detonation of the atomic bombings dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were born different. Among these children was the emergence of...powers. What had previously been a fantastical story told around a campfire or a once-in-a-generation miracle of superhuman ability became almost commonplace. The 1960's saw teenagers around the world developing extraordinary abilities. Some were stronger, faster, and tougher. Others found they could talk to animals or feel someone else's emotions. Some of them were even able to control the minds of others or move objects by merely thinking about it.

Not everyone developed powers. Not most people. But by all accounts somewhere between fifteen to twenty percent of the world's population was something more than normal.

They were empowered.

Reactions varied. The Normals regarded the Empowered with fear, curiosity, and avarice. While some Empowered were barred from certain positions in society due to the potential for abuse others were sought out and coveted for their natural powers. Governments, armed forces, and law enforcement academies all around the world began hiring the empowered into their folds en masse. After all, the Empowered made for better soldiers, policemen, and spies compared to the Normals. So long as they could be controlled. It's said that a nation's control over their Empowered doubles as control over all of their populace. Because when you have the people with the powers on your payroll what chance does the average Normal on the street have against them?

For decades the governments of the world have been recruiting, enlisting, and training their Empowered to protect, serve, and obey. It's been inspirational. And profitable too. While some misguided souls tried to emulate the superheroes found in comic books most simply took the change with a more realistic stride. Humanity's ability to normalize even the most momentous or striking changes cannot be overestimated and within a decade it was accepted that humans with powers were part of society. And more Empowered are being born every day. History marched on and overall very little changed.

The same wars were fought. They were just fought with different weapons; in a war the Empowered are considered the greatest weapon there is.

There are plenty of Empowered out there that are more than happy to sell themselves out. So long as they get to set the price. Private military companies are a booming business and the ranks of private military contractors are rife with the Empowered. For every five professional soldiers loyal serving their nation there's a private contractor selling their power and skill set to the highest bidder.

Some Empowered don't care about politics or subscribing to a higher ideal. They don't want to make the world a better place or protect their country.

They just want money.

Call them whatever you want. Mercenaries, guns for hire, or private military contractors. It's all the same in the end so long as they get their pay.

Merriweather International Services
"Service In All Weathers."

Merriweather International Services is a multinational private military company. Its headquarters are located in the United Kingdom, but it has official branch offices around the world. The range of services it offers are varied and specialized. It provides private security, transportation, operational support, weapons consultation, logistics management, risk management, and intelligence gathering to corporate, government, and non-profit clients. Merriweather has active contracts and ongoing operations on every continent except Antarctica. While it may not be the largest or most infamous private military company in the world Merriweather has a well deserved reputation for professionalism and competence.

Merriweather was founded in the late 1970's by a small group of Vietnam war veterans. To this day Merriweather is dedicated to offering Empowered individuals with steady, respectful, and profitable careers while providing its clientele with the best and brightest Empowered employees.

Unusual among private military companies is Merriweather's active discouragement of fraternization between its contractors and local civilian populations. Take no wife with you and leave no baby behind is the unofficial motto of many a Merriman. However this disapproval of fraternization doesn't extend to socialization between its own contractors; Merrimen are notable for their camaraderie, group cohesiveness, and teamwork skills.

Merriweather has a very well deserved reputation for frequent fraternization between its employees.

Powers & Presentations

The powers of the Empowered aren't necessarily comic-book style powers. Humans have physical and mental limitations; the Empowered are still very much human. It takes time and plenty of practice to learn how to manage these changes and integrate them into one's life. Luckily for the Empowered there's drug assistance for those that need it and most Empowered need it at some point in their life.

Baseline is the proprietary eponym of the drug that is used worldwide by Empowered to dull the effect of their powers. While it is sometimes forcibly administered it is often voluntarily taken by Empowered adolescents that are still learning to utilize and control their powers. Many Empowered also use it recreationally as when taken in low doses the side effects of baseline are generally considered pleasant. However, there are some Empowered that abuse baseline and develop an addiction to it. Instead of properly learning to control their powers at peak performance they rely on the drug to dim them down to a manageable level.

Normal

Anyone who completes puberty without presenting as an Empowered is regarded as Normal. There are currently no known cases of anyone developing empowered abilities later in life. An Empowered's primary presentation will always develop during adolescence though secondary presentations have been known to present later on in adulthood. Babies, children, teenagers, and adolescents still undergoing puberty are labeled as un-presented.

Watcher

Individuals with enhanced senses (taste, smell, touch, sight, and hearing) are colloquially known as Watchers. The degree of enhancement differs between each individual Watcher. Some may have all their senses enhanced equally while others have only one or two heightened. Some unlucky Watchers may find their sensitive senses enhanced so greatly that it becomes an impediment rather than a blessing. A sense that is too enhanced compared to the others can manifest as a sensory processing disorder, leading to health or social issues.

Protector

One of the hardest presentations to accurately gauge upon manifestation is that of the Protector. Due to the wide variation in its manifestation some Protectors don't realize they've presented until an accident or incident occurs that reveals their presentation. Protectors are tougher than others. It can manifest as the ability to stay awake and functional for long periods of time, resistance to the effects of extreme temperatures, increased endurance and stamina, and the ability to rapidly heal from wounds, injuries, illness, and disease.

Striker

Strikers are fast and Strikers are strong. They're more agile and have better reflexes than others. They can punch harder and jump higher than anyone else. In some cases a Striker's strength can be so great that they can lift up a car with their bare hands. However, without the proper training Strikers are liable to overexert and injury themselves.

Handler

Handlers are empaths. They can sense the emotions of others and are also capable of manipulating them. They can heighten emotions that are already being experienced or dull them down. A handler must always be wary not to confuse the emotions of others with their own. It takes great personal fortitude for a Handler to keep themselves from being influenced by the feelings of those around them.

Controller

Out of all the presentations of the Empowered the Controller is the most feared. A Controller's ultimate weapon and defense is simply their voice - with only a few words they can mentally control another person into doing their bidding. Though this control must be actively maintained. It doesn't last forever. The compulsion of a controller isn't always guaranteed and most Controller's utilize suggestion rather than command to increase their chances of swaying someone into obeying them. Only the most powerful of Controllers can control groups of people; most can only control one person at a time. As they cannot rewrite memories Controllers must be subtle if they don't want their interference to be realized. The compulsions of a Controller must also be physically heard to be effective. A Controller can't control anyone through recordings or over the phone.

Shifter

The Shifter's power is not related to any physical change, but rather in their ability to create mental illusions. It has to be seen. Most shifts are based on an alternation in the appearance of a person or the structure of an object. The scope and duration of a shift differs among shifters. Some changes can last for days while others fade within an hour. The level of detail and accuracy also varies. While all shifters can form visual shifts only a few can accompany it with auditory shifts. A rare few can form kinesthetic shifts. No shift includes scent or taste.

Mover

Movers are able to manipulate and control objects with nothing but their own will and thought. Many movers are even capable of levitating themselves or others in the air, though most movers find it difficult if not impossible to move things that outweigh their personal body weight.

Trainer

Trainers are able to emotionally communicate with and exert influence over animals. The degree of control they can command of an animal is dependent on the creature's intelligence. Trainers could train a dog to follow complex commands, but could only teach a squirrel the most basics of commands.
O&O's || A&A's

"I don’t use people for stories.
I use stories to express my feelings for people."

Dotley

What Is This?

This is an interest check for a small group story that follows the lives of a group of men with super powers working as private military contractors. The story will begin on day one of their six month contract of employment with Merriweather International Services.

So have we piqued your interest? Let us know in this thread right here! Got questions? We have answers! Finished character sheets should be PMed to both Dotley and Ouroboros.

Important Info

• All Who Apply May Not Be Accepted: This isn't a first come first served story. Character sheets may be declined if the proposed character doesn't mesh well the game's setting and themes.
  • Ladies/Lieges/Legates/Lords Are All Welcome: The gender of the character you play doesn't need to match whatever you are in the real world. That's irrelevant. "Cross-gender" writing and writers are more than welcome here.
  • Board Category: Extreme. Definitely extreme due to the inherently violent and dangerous nature of mercenary work.
  • Polyamory Friendly: Players are encouraged to write characters that are polyamorous and write character relationships that are non-monogamous. Do all characters need to fall in love and/or sleep with each other? Of course not. But a delightfully messy and wonderfully complicated web of polyamory is ideally the aim of the game when it comes to pairings.
  • Smut VS Plot: This isn't just a thinly veiled excuse for rampant paramilitary themed smut. Be ready for plenty of plot advancement and character development! How much "action" your character gets in regards to their romantic pursuits or sex life is entirely player dependent.

Character Creation

• Players are limited to a maximum of two characters. If you want to just stick with one that's fine. If you want to run two right from the beginning that's fine too. Or if you want to start with one and bring on a second character later in the story that's also fine!
  • No characters under the age of thirty will be accepted due to the need for characters to be seasoned professionals. They should have a military service record or prior involvement in law enforcement. Previous employment within a private military company is also acceptable. Everyone should have already received their baptism by fire long before the game begins.
  • On the sliding scale of morality characters should sit somewhere on the grey end of things. The work of private military contractors is legally dubious and characters are likely to find themselves in ethically questionable situations.
  • Create a character that you're excited to write! It's fine if multiple characters share a similar trait or there's an overlap in professional expertise. If we end up with a lot of former marines it just means we're going to hear a lot of "rah" said around the dinner table. If there's multiple explosives technicians we'll send the characters on plenty of missions where things go boom.
  • Empowered presentations are encouraged, but not required. Just be aware that a Normal character will have to work twice as hard to be seen as useful and may struggle to prove themselves just as competent as their empowered coworkers. And they're probably in for some harder hazing.
  • Characters may identify as any orientation under the rainbow, but since the story focuses on an all-male group of private military contractors that means any romantic interests and sexual romps are inherently M/M in nature. If your dude isn't at least occasionally into other dudes than this probably isn't the game for you.
[float=left][img height=300 padding=5][/img][/float][font=georgia][b]Name[/b]: The character's full legal name.
[b]Nicknames[/b]: Any nicknames, pet-names, etc that the character has.
[b]Aliases[/b]: Any aliases or other assumed names the character has used.

[b]Age[/b]: How old are they?
[b]Date of Birth[/b]: The month and day of their birth.
[b]Bloodtype[/b]: What's their bloodtype?
[b]Country of Origin[/b]: Where your character was born.
[b]Current Citizenship[/b]: List all citizenships that your character legally possesses.

[b]Height[/b]: How tall are they?
[b]Hair[/b]: Color? Length? Style?
[b]Eyes[/b]: Color? Shape?
[b]Body Type[/b]: Describe their weight, proportions, build, etc.
[b]Distinguishing Features[/b]: Anything that makes them unique. Piercings or tattoos? Scars? A large nose, freckles, or pencil thin eyebrows? Anything of immediate notice goes here.

[b]Primary Presentation[/b]: What is their primary presentation? If the character is Empowered this should be the presentation that first emerged during puberty.
[b]Secondary Presentation[/b]: Occasionally an Empowered will present powers outside of their initial and primary presentation. If this applies to your character list it here. Normals should just mark this section as N/a.
[b]Power Analysis[/b]: Analyse your character's powers here. How skilled are they? What training have they received? Are there any areas of particular strength or weakness? Normals should mark this section as N/a.

[b]Education[/b]: Did they ever graduate high school? Attend university? List any degrees or certificates here.
[b]Employment History[/b]: Your character's relevant work history.
[b]Special Skills[/b]: This is what your character knows how to do best. All mercenaries know how to point a gun and shoot something dead. So what else does your character know how to do?
[b]Languages[/b]: Any and all languages that your character speaks and/or reads.

[b]Hobbies & Interests[/b]: What does your character enjoy? What do they do in their free time?

[b]Motivation[/b]: Why did your character sign their contract with Merriweather?
[b]Personality[/b]: Your character's personality. Provide at least a paragraph describing it. Try to think of positive, neutral, and negative traits to round them out.

[b]Relationship Status[/b]: Single? Divorced? In A Relationship? It's Complicated? Describe it here.
[b]Sexuality[/b]: Write about your character's sexual nature in as much or as little detail as you like. You can describe their sexual orientation, role preferences, their kinks, their turn offs, etc.

[b]Developed Relationships[/b]: Use this space in the future to keep track of the connections your character establishes with other characters.[/font]

[center][spoiler=Additional Images][center]Feel free to include any additional images of your character here.[/center][/spoiler][/center]
[center][font=georgia][b]Player Name[/b]:
[b]Face Claim[/b]:[/font][/center]
O&O's || A&A's

Dotley

O&O's || A&A's

Dotley

O&O's || A&A's

Orange Marmalade

Oh this looks interesting! And your types have a very 'Push' feel if you've seen the movie - I like it. Color me interested!

Orange Marmalade

Dotley

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on December 07, 2017, 08:57:45 PM
Oh this looks interesting! And your types have a very 'Push' feel if you've seen the movie - I like it. Color me interested!

Hiya! Slightly inspired by it, but definitely not a fandom game  :-)

Quote from: Cerevan on December 07, 2017, 09:36:37 PM
/plants motherfucking flag

Heyo Cere! <3
O&O's || A&A's

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Dotley on December 07, 2017, 10:14:39 PM
Hiya! Slightly inspired by it, but definitely not a fandom game  :-)

Oh yeah definitely seems to be its own thing - It was most just the categories reminded me of it, which I really like. I always thought the types of names they kind of came up with is pretty close to the sorts of labels that'd really pop up if powers started showing up :)

Dotley

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on December 07, 2017, 10:20:13 PM
Oh yeah definitely seems to be its own thing - It was most just the categories reminded me of it, which I really like. I always thought the types of names they kind of came up with is pretty close to the sorts of labels that'd really pop up if powers started showing up :)

Right? I loved that too. I like the quite literal tone to the power labels. Controllers control people, movers move things, etc.

Let me know if you have questions about the game or would like to hash out any character ideas  :-)
O&O's || A&A's

Lockepick

Posting interest! Sheet will likely not be done until after the weekend though.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

BitterSweet

Haha ... you know my thoughts on the matter.  8-)

I'll try and finish up my character and send him in in the next few days.  May work on a second as well.

Ouroboros

Semi-Relevant Information
wants and needs | apologies and absences  | ons and offs

Dotley

Yay! Looking forward to seeing what characters everyone comes up with.
O&O's || A&A's

Dotley

Since we've had questions about the character limit: each player will be allowed two characters. If you want to just stick with one that's fine. If you want to run two right from the beginning that's fine too. Or if you want to start with one and bring on a second character later in the story that's also fine.
O&O's || A&A's

Orange Marmalade

Got started on my dude tonight, will finish him up tomorrow most likely :)

BitterSweet

First in!

Approved and ready for action! (and action!   ;)  )  I'll add some more photos over time.

Anyone looking for:

• dude for casual hook-up!  He's your guy!
  • random dude you cheated on in a bar ... only to go to work and discover you (and your actual boyfriend) will be working with him for the next six months?  He's also your guy!
  • like weird travel videos/cooking/foods?  Might have seen his vlog!
  • Worked in highly corrupt/low legality countries as a cop?  Might have seen his face amid the gangs/organizations you were fighting!
  • dealt with Doc's sans Frontiers?  Might have known him from there!

Name: Victor Raphael Marchand
Nicknames: Usually called Vic, sometimes Cock Junkie.
Aliases: Rafel March (false passport), Victor Mallory (another false passport)

Date of Birth: Dec 8
Bloodtype: 0-
Country of Origin: France (but born in Lebanon).
Current Citizenship: French.  Under Victor: US

Height: 6’
Hair: Brown, well kept, loose, medium length - generally swept back, sometimes tied in a ‘man bun’.  Often has a close cropped beard, or scruffy goatee.
Eyes: Very dark brown, often mistaken for black, sometimes described as soulful.
Body Type: Tall, slender, and graceful.  He keeps fit, neat and tidy.
Distinguishing Features: Ridiculously good looking, with elegant features that don’t suit the stereotypes of ‘merc’ at all, he’s been sent to ‘make nice’ with the locals based on those looks more than once.  He has a languid grace that makes watching him do simple things like reloading his gun a pleasure to watch.  Vic had defensive scars on his forearms and hands from an attack in his adolescence.

Primary Presentation: Mover.
Secondary Presentation: A touch of Watcher, mainly in his kinesthetic senses - that grace and hand-eye coordination are a bit more than human.  Isn’t even aware he has a second presentation.
Power Analysis: ‘leap tall buildings in a single bound’ - Vic heard that in his childhood and he was determined to do it.  When he was fourteen, he did.  In other words, he learned to fly.  Since then he’s practiced and perfected his ability to move himself, and - to a lesser extent - other things.  He can move other objects, though less precisely than moving himself and, like most movers, attempting to move something heavier than himself is difficult and dangerous.

Education: Almost a French medical degree, European private schools.  He’s the son of a minor French diplomat, and has the education to prove it - not that he let’s that on.
Employment History: Civil police: Algiers. French Foreign Legion (really!). 
Special Skills: Medical corpsman.  Can fly a helicopter but not well.  Can make spectacular Turkish coffee under any circumstances.
Languages: Native speaker in both French and Arabic.  Decent English and Turkish, mediocre Afrikaans.

Hobbies & Interests: Vic likes to fuck.  He also likes to shop, find interesting little historical places to explore (especially if there’s weird and unusual foods involved) and he - fairly often - volunteers as a medic in rural, out of the way places when between jobs.  He keeps a fairly popular travel and food vlog under a false identity - he wears a somewhat ridiculous Venetian mask to hide who he is - that focuses on places, people and things that no one can generally get access to because it’s in the middle of a war zone or whatever.  Anthropologists and famous chefs sometimes note the vlog as a source of information or inspiration, journalists often follow it as there can be interesting bits of information about politically volatile situations and locations.

Motivation: Vic’s never fit in in ‘regular’ society; being queer in Lebanon can get you killed, and he nearly was.  France was better but one too many times caught fucking during his residency prevented him from finishing his medical degree.  He joined the Algerian police, was caught bent over the desk of the local governor, and run out of town (the governor was killed).  He joined the Foreign Legion and that suited him ... until his partner was killed.  After leaving the French Foreign Legion, and a bit of aimless wandering, Vic was ready to get back into a more stable situation where the skills he had would be of use.
Personality: Vic is easy going.  He’s friendly, even with assholes, doesn't get involved in interpersonal bullshit, and can be relied on to get you home after a black-out drinking binge, and keeps confidences well.  He is absolutely intolerant of anyone trying to judge or mess with his personal choices or preferences and can be a cutting, mean shithead to anyone who tries.  Basically, beyond workplace orders or games in bed, anyone trying to tell him what to do is going to have a handful of meanness.  He’s a touch self-destructive.  He also retains, as most Legionnaires do, a certain level of loyalty - and contacts - with the legion.  Vic is a mercenary because the generally all male environment suits him (he's spent most of his life in male segregated environments; from boys boarding schools to a police force in a conservative country to the Legion.) and he's good at  it - he doesn't see the people he's hired to fight as enemies, more as co-workers ... but that doesn't mean he won't shoot them in the face.  A world traveler by now, Vic has no national loyalties, or idealism; he's loyal to the Legion (to an extent) and to whomever are his current fellow mercs (also to an extent).

Relationship Status: Formerly partnered. Vic’s long term partner was killed a few years ago, and he left the Legion to wander around southern Europe, hiring himself out to small operations (criminal and not) before joining Merriweather.  He’s still hurting from the loss, though he’s not so much as breathed the man’s name to anyone since he left the Legion.
Sexuality: He loves cock.  Vic loves his own, and anyone and everyone else’s.  He’s an unrepentant cock hound; gangbangs, gloryholes, orgies, anonymous sex with total strangers in alleys - he’s done it all and loves it all.  He’ll get on his knees in the five minute layover between deployments, or spend a weekend with a few guys where ‘fuck me harder’ is pretty much all anyone says.  He’s also big on exhibition and enjoys being the ‘victim’ of roleplayed kidnapping and assault (best birthday gift from his partner ever, so far as Vic’s concerned).  In general, he’s a pervy guy and refuses to let anyone make him feel bad about it. For the most part, Vic is a fuck ‘em and forget ‘em sort, but he has had close relationships and the loss of his long time partner is something he’s still struggling to recover from.

Developed Relationships: Use this space in the future to keep track of the connections your character establishes with other characters.

Additional Images
Feel free to include any additional images of your character here.
Player Name: Bittersweet
Face Claim: Ben Barnes

Dotley

Looking forward to your character, Orange Marmalade!

And welcome to BitterSweet. Good to have you on board  :D
O&O's || A&A's

Ouroboros

Look who's back again...

Cas

Name: Cassius Thibault
Nicknames: Cas.  Gator.
Aliases: Classified

Date of Birth: December 1
Bloodtype: O Positive
Country of Origin: USA
Current Citizenship: USA

Height: 5'7"
Hair: Brown and short.
Eyes: Brown and triangular
Body Type: Trim and short. Cas has tried to bulk up but it never seems to work.
Distinguishing Features: None, other than his features all being slightly off and oddly proportioned.

Primary Presentation: Watcher
Secondary Presentation: Striker
Power Analysis: Cas' primary presentation is as a Watcher. His eyesight and hearing are keen, though his scent of smell and taste are only slightly above the norm. His most enhanced sense is that of touch, but it is most definitely in the realm of disabiliy rather than enhancement. His Secondary power is also strong, both in his strength and speed, but had a later onset.

Education: Cas finished high school a year early, and spent half a semester at UT - Austin in the honors college. Most everything else was learned on his own or via training provided by his first PMC stint.
Employment History: Cassius signed a multi-year contract with Blackwater, leading to the development of combat skills as well as more specialized skillsets. After the first contract expired he started signing on year to year until 2006, when he abruptly quit at the end of a contract and joined the public sector as a police detective. Once this was over, Cas joined Merriweather.
Special Skills: Safecracking/Larceny, some hacking, enhanced interrogation techniques.
Languages: Fluent - Arabic, English, Farsi, French, Pashto, Spanish. Intermediate - Mandarin, Russian. Rudimentary - Hebrew, Portuguese
Hobbies & Interests: Cas is keenly interested in langugages. Prior to his Presentation, Cas planned to be a linguist; that was derailed by the manifestation of his powers, but he still made an effort to learn the local languages on his deployments, taking advantage of training offered by his first stint as a gun for hire. Cas also quite enjoys cooking, baking in particular, and has the refined palate of many a Watcher. Also he might have a thing for blackmail.

Motivation: Prior to a stint in the private sector as a member of the Vice squad in New Orleans and later New York City, Cas was a private military contractor. He knew it wasn't a bad life, and he couldn't go full civvie after he left the police force... so back to the life of a PMC it was. The money isn't bad either.
Personality: Cassius is a cold fish. Not particularly friendly or chatty, or particularly interested in anyone else outside of Gar. He's prompt and neat, all of his forms are filled out and meticulously detailed, his gear is always properly tended to and fitted a little too stylishly. He also brings along quite a lot of personal gear, clothes and gloves. Maybe it's better to say that he's fussy.

That saying about watching the quiet ones is true as hell, and Cas has a temper on him. It's hard to tell when he's near his breaking point, but once it's been reached, everyone knows. He doesn't yell or scream, but he will throw, punch, bite, and hiss his displeasure. In a fight, it takes a good number of men to pry him away from the poor bastard who pissed him off. Many a time that is his partner, Gar Lambert. For people that fight so much they tend to be pretty inseparable, however.

Cas also has a tendency to rant with people that he's comfortable with. He rants about people, things, it doesn't matter. It'll be profane and full of hyperbole, all sound and fury signifying nothing. Usually it's to mask the fact that he might actually care about something, which he often does, deeply. He thinks kindness is a weakness however, and does his best to make others think he's anything but.

Relationship Status: It's Complicated. Cas is functionally partnered with Gar Lambert, but they won't ever actually talk about their relationship in such terms. They are simply "partners." In the work sense. Who also fuck like rabbits.
Sexuality: Best described as bisexual with some ingrained issues about sex with men. He enjoys it a great deal, but woe betide anyone who says he's gay, other than Gar, and even that will probably spark an argument. When fucking around with men, he's vers, he's contrary, he can't stand receiving blowjobs but loves to give them. He also has a masochistic streak a mile wide and an unhealthy interest in weaponry. Probably best not to ask why he makes sure Gar keeps a perfectly smooth silencer for his rifle.

Developed Relationships: Gar Lambert: Partner, in more than one sense of the word.

Additional Images
Feel free to include any additional images of your character here.
Player Name: Ouroboros
Face Claim: Burn Gorman
Semi-Relevant Information
wants and needs | apologies and absences  | ons and offs

Dotley

And if there's a Cas that means a Gar isn't far behind!  ;)

Here is my first dude. I'm also working on a squad captain (aka the team dad) for our group of mercs as well.

Gar
Name: Garfield Lambert
Nicknames: He prefers to just go by "Gar" since he hates his full first name and most people can't pronounce his last name right. Is often dubbed string bean, giraffe, scarecrow, ostrich, sticks, toucan, and an assortment of other nicknames based on his height and/or weight. Gar doesn't particularly care for any of those, but he knows the surest way to get stuck with a nickname is to bitch about it so he just takes anything with a smile.
Aliases: N/a

Date of Birth: February 14th
Bloodtype: O Negative
Country of Origin: USA
Current Citizenship: USA

Height: 6'1"
Hair: Light Brown
Eyes: Dirty Blue
Body Type: His extremely thin frame makes him a ripe target for eat-a-sandwich jokes. He's got long limbs and an overall reedy appearance.
Distinguishing Features: Gar looks like he was born to play the role of comic relief to someone’s hero. He has a long nose and big dumbo-like ears. He isn't attractive in the traditional sense, but under a certain light and dressed in the right clothes there's a gawky charm to him. The lobe of his left ear is newly pierced and he only takes out that diamond earring when it's absolutely necessary. While he smiles constantly it rarely reaches his eyes.

Primary Presentation: Watcher
Secondary Presentation: Protector
Power Analysis: Gar's sense of smell and taste are his most enhanced senses. He's got a perfect palate and his ability to track through scent is almost as good as that of a bloodhound. Due to his hyperactive sense of taste and smell he's a picky eater and limits himself to bland food staples. Even then Gar still suffers from bouts of nausea and occasional vomiting fits. His sense of sight and hearing are likewise enhanced, but to a degree that it's beneficial rather than debilitating. Gar's sense of touch is his weakest enhanced sense and he's only able to feel things a smidgen more accurate than a Normal. His secondary presentation as a protector didn't manifest until his early twenties. Gar rarely falls ill and he's got a decent though not amazing accelerated healing factor - he's completely recovered from a broken arm in as little as three weeks. Though Gar's most impressive display of his presentation as a protector is his decreased need for sleep. On average Gar only sleeps an hour a day and if needed he can stay awake and fully functional for more than a week. He's also unusually good at holding his breath.

Education: Gar did exceptionally well in school growing up, but during his senior year of high school he presented and everything in his life pretty much fell apart. Gar just barely managed to get his high school diploma.
Employment History: He enlisted with the United States Marine Corps straight out of high school. Gar found himself right at home in a military environment. He moved up in rank and earned himself a specialty - Marine Scout Sniper. Gar did three tours over in Iraq and genuinely enjoyed his time in the sandbox. However, instead of getting a fourth tour like he wanted Gar received a general discharge under honorable conditions. He went back to his home state of Louisiana and moved to New Orleans. Gar tried the civilian life, but he just couldn't pull it off. He missed his gun and his uniform so Gar found a job where he could have both again. He became a police officer. After his obligatory time as a uni he was promoted to detective. Gar started out in the Homicide division, but office politics led to a transfer over to Vice. That was when he was partnered up with Cas Thibault. They've been partners ever since. He spent a year in Vice before he requested and was granted a transfer to Austin, Texas. In Austin he worked Special Victims for a year before he was done with that city and burned out from that line of work. Another transfer and a different city. Gar moved to New York City, New York. In NYC he found himself back in Vice and renewed his partnership with Cas. Though it didn't last long. An incident at the office between them resulted in Cas losing his badge. Gar got to keep his own badge, but without Cas he found he didn't particularly want it. He couldn't be a soldier again and he no longer wanted to a cop or a detective. Not without Cas. So they left New York together and looked for work elsewhere.

Special Skills: Marksmanship, Surveillance, Stealth & Concealment, Investigation, Negotiation, Conflict Resolution, Community Relations.
Languages: He speaks English and French fluently, though his French has a noticeable Cajun accent. Gar's ability to write in French is embarrassing and he can only read it on a first grade reading level.

Hobbies & Interests: Gar's decreased need for sleep leaves him with a lot of time to burn. He's an avid reader and can zone out on television for hours at a time. He likes watching documentaries and nature programs. Though he isn't too much of a couch potato. He'll never turn down a fishing or hunting trip and he's always up for a visit to the shooting range for practice. He enjoys working with his hands and is a mister fix-it - he can spend hours fiddling around with everyday objects, taking them apart and putting them back together to learn how they work. Gar likes to sing and he loves to dance; he's got a talent for both. He's also a skilled artist, but he keeps that to himself. Gar only indulges his drawing and wood whittling when no one's around to make fun of him for it.

Motivation: Gar likes to say it's about the money, but it's more than that. A whole lot more. Gar actually has a huge grudge against mercenary types. He never thought he'd become one himself. But shit happened. The truth is the contract with Merriweather was all Cas' idea. Gar only agreed to do it because it seemed like the only way he and Cas could go back to work together.
Personality: Gar is a nice guy and the ideal of a good southern boy. Polite to everyone and deferential to his elders. Gar dubs anyone even just a day older than him Sir or Ma'am. Unless they're pretty and female. Then they're a Miss. He might be prone to bouts of forgetfulness, but he always manages to remember people's birthdays and how they take their coffee. He's socially intelligent and great at reading the mood of a room; he knows just what to say or do to improve the morale of a group or turn someone's frown upside down. It's easy to like Gar because he just comes across as so damned likable. He's generally an agreeable guy to work with as he's more inclined to make friends than rivals, but he isn't a pushover. While he can occasionally appear bashful he's no shrinking violet. He's chatty and curious both with people he knows and with total strangers. He's as good at talking as he is at listening and Gar is always ready to offer his shoulder for someone to cry on. Especially when he was the one to cause the tears in the first place. Gar isn't that nice of a guy. But he sure is good at pretending to be one, isn't he?

Relationship Status: He's got an It's Complicated thing going on with Cas Thibault. They're partners, but Gar insists it isn't like that. It's not like they're gay. They just live together and work together; sometimes they fuck around. Their ambiguously defined and highly dysfunctional relationship is an open one.
Sexuality: Bisexual, but he'd never openly identify as such. Gar likes chicks and dicks. His sexual attraction to men and woman is about equal and he’ll flirt with anyone, but he's only capable of genuine emotional intimacy with men. He has to fake feelings for women. When it comes to sex he's into the seriously kinky shit and not in the safe or sane way. Gar will swear up and down he only ever tops. He's lying. Gar is the switchiest switch that ever switched and is as vers as versatile can get.

Developed Relationships: Cas Thibault || His partner. They get into a lot of petty arguments and occasionally it escalates into physical violence. But when things get real they work together like clockwork.

Additional Images

Player Name: Dotley
Face Claim: DJ Qualls
O&O's || A&A's

Orange Marmalade

Dotley

O&O's || A&A's

Orange Marmalade

One of my two done!

Sebastián

Name: Sebastián Herrera
Nicknames: Seb, Bastian, Asshole, Whatever
Aliases: Noting major, numerous past aliases

Date of Birth: June 18th
Bloodtype: O-
Country of Origin: Spain
Current Citizenship: Spanish/EU

Height: 6'3
Hair: Short, brown, often slightly messed
Eyes: Dark brown, intense
Body Type: Sebastian is about 225lbs of pretty solid muscle. Broad shoudlers taper down to a fairly narrow waist, and a good bit of fuzz covers well developed pecs and the rest of his chest.
Distinguishing Features: His complete lack of scars is probably somewhat unique to many, thanks to powers that manifested later in life. Aside from that he has no tattoos or other major distinguishing features. He does have a tendency to dress in fairly form fitting clothing, and parts of him may be considered 'distinguishing' depending on your tastes...

Primary Presentation: Striker
Power Analysis: Sebastian is an accomplished Striker, containing all of the skills they are known for. His strength is his most potent ability, and he has a habit of putting physics to use on top of it to great effect. His other powers came out near his 20th birthday and mostly shows in the form of extremely rapid regeneration, though he also has more endurance and requires less sleep than baseline humans.

Education: High School + military training. Sebastian is slightly dyslexic, but it is countered with a very high natural way of putting things together in his head - he can do great at estimating the final answer to a complex math problem, but he'd never be able to write out the complete solution. Similarly he picks up spoken languages very quickly, but things like dates and names are annoyances. Geometry comes natural, but chemistry is an utter bore. Fixing an engine is easy, writing code is not his thing.
Employment History: Street Gangs -> Spanish Armed Forces (Interpreter) -> Special Operations Command (Special Forces) -> Various Private Security Contractors -> Merriweather
Special Skills: Sebastian's main skillset (outside of blowing things up quite skillfully) is linguistics. He is a natural at languages and picks them up extremely quickly in addition to having an ear for accents. He can also drive or fly most anything, though the less computers or fancy technology involved the better.
Languages: Fluent in Spanish, Catalan, English, Italian, Russian, Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin). Conversational in German, French, Farsi, Greek, Portugese, Hindi, Ukrainian, Japanese. Minor abilities in many others. In all of these his spoken skills are noticeably better than his written.

Hobbies & Interests: He obviously loves learning new languages - though you'll never hear him use the term study. Sports of all kinds, from football (where he can beat people up) to pool (where he can put his natural math skills to work) are a lot of fun for him. Anything with a little competition is enjoyable.

Motivation: The money is certainly a big part of it - he's a thrill seeker, and the fun shit in life takes money. Added bonus is Merriweather of people that don't make him feel like a freak - They're empowered, and generally into men (and often into his dick - which is the best part the whole deal).
Personality: Sebastian loves a good time. A good time, however, can be many things - a firefight can be a really good time, so can skiing out of a helicopter in the Alps, as can getting drunk, watching a game, and fucking around with friends. He's not a jokester or the snarky type, but he's also rarely serious and often has a big, cocky grin on his face. He can be a little impatient, and more than a little demanding at times, and he has a habit for lashing out against authority outside of battle, but in the end he's a damn good soldier ad he's all business when it matters.

Relationship Status: Single, definitely always single.
Sexuality: Gay, no interest in anything but men who are obviously men. Fully poly even before coming to Merriweather. Mostly a top, but occasionally willing to bottom for the right guy - which is to say someone who wants to worship him that way, not dominate him. He doesn't really submit to anybody, though it could happen for the right guy. He's into a fairly wide variety of things, but tends to be a little egocentric and likes things to be about him. A guy who loves to worship him is great, two or three of them is even better. That said, he's also rather romantic and affectionate. He loves taking his boys and men on dates, sometimes together.

Developed Relationships: None yet

Additional Images
Player Name: Orange Marmalade
Face Claim: Franco Noriega

Dotley

O&O's || A&A's

Cerevan

Got him approved a couple days ago but now I'm gonna share him~

The Good Doctor

Name: Nyyrikki Lehtonen
Nicknames: 'Doc' to fellow Marines, 'Rik' to everyone else, 'Rikki' only to his sisters
Aliases: N|A

Date of Birth: Sept 22
Bloodtype: AB-
Country of Origin: United States of America
Current Citizenship: American

Height: 5'8"
Hair: Dirty Blond - Kept military regulation short.
Eyes: Blue
Body Type: Wiry - May look delicate but he's whipcord strong beneath the baggy tactical gear.
Distinguishing Features: Cheekbones sharp enough to kill a man. Tally mark tattoos on his inner forearms + the Marine Corps anchor on his right flank. Heavy scarring on the bottom of his feet. Knives hidden everywhere. Everywhere.

Primary Presentation: Striker
Power Analysis: Scores in the higher end of (empowered) normal for speed and strength. In the top tenth percentile for reflexes and dexterity. Training in the Marines honed his Striker abilities to their peak. No clinical data on his Protector abilities. Notes from the rescue op show that he showed signs of starvation, torture, and sleep deprivation; by discharge he had recovered from all except the lost mass from starvation. All signs point to upped endurance and accelerated healing.

Education: Highschool. BMTCP, FMTB, and a couple of C schools. Associates in Nursing. EMT Certification.
Employment History: Merriweather International Services (3 Years) | Student & Odd Jobs (3 Years) | US Marine Corps (7 Years)
Special Skills: Field & Combat Medicine, Field Surgery, Basic Pharmacology, Hand to Hand Combat, Knife Fighting, Sings Pretty as an Angel
Languages: English (Fluent), Arabic (Fluent), Finnish (Conversational)

Hobbies & Interests: Visits his sisters. They feed him and let him put the fear of god into their boyfriends. Rock climbs and hikes in the middle of nowhere. Goes drinking with his old buddies from the Marines. Wins bets in bars with his knife throwing skills. Goes to the VA with his old buddies from the Marines. Prays in churches but never stays for sermons. Naps on any horizontal surface.

Motivation: Needs an outlet. Money's not bad either.
Personality: Ninety percent rage. Some of it is noble and fueled by a righteous need to fix the injustice in the world. Most of it is petty. Old buddies will swear they saw Rik drag a man back from death's door in the middle of a fire fight just for spite. It's not too far off the mark. The other ten percent of him is pragmatism beaten in by joining the Marines at seventeen and seeing four and a half tours in the sandbox. Marines taught him to take orders and he'll still follow them eight tenths of the time. Knows well enough that there are no clean cut ethical solutions in war. Never was a whole lot of softness to him and the only part that's left is all reserved for his sisters and a handful of buddies from his military days.

Relationship Status: Single
Sexuality: Don't ask, don't tell. Knows he's masochistic and figures he can blame that on his time in the sandbox. Knives, choking, and play fighting are some of his favorite things. Will fight to see who's on top. Doesn't matter who wins so long as it hurts good enough. Won't stay until morning.

Developed Relationships: TBD

Additional Images

"Gunny used to tell me to pick my battles. Well, I'm full of rage and I'm picking all of them." - Rik

"Doc? Yeah, he's a real piece of work. He'll kick the enemy's ass. He'll kick the devil's ass. He'll kick his own ass." - Anonymous PFC

Player Name: Cerevan
Face Claim: Anton Lisin