News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

You know you are over 40 if...

Started by Captain Maltese, May 10, 2011, 07:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anesa

You couldn't wait for Saturday so you could watch "American Bandstand"....

Davina

I love to wear lingerie. The problem is that men always rip it off too quickly. When women are dolled up in lingerie they feel sexy. So let us wear it for five minutes.

I think trying too hard to be sexy is the worst thing in the world a woman can do.

Anesa

"thongs" were what you called those things on your feet?  (Now they're "flip flops"?)  LOL!

Davina

AMG, I forgot all about that.. When the Simpsons FIRST came out.
I love to wear lingerie. The problem is that men always rip it off too quickly. When women are dolled up in lingerie they feel sexy. So let us wear it for five minutes.

I think trying too hard to be sexy is the worst thing in the world a woman can do.

despickable

Quote from: camille on June 28, 2011, 12:46:22 PM
"thongs" were what you called those things on your feet?  (Now they're "flip flops"?)  LOL!

In Aussie we still call them thongs on the feet.

OT
When ugg boots were not fashion accessories for outside but worn as slippers inside

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Sybl

TaintedAndDelish

If your're older than MTV?

( Jeez, that almost sounds like "older than dirt")

auroraChloe

Quote from: TaintedAndDelish on June 29, 2011, 08:20:22 AM
If your're older than MTV?

( Jeez, that almost sounds like "older than dirt")

- or -    you remember when MTV actually played music videos.

now it's all crap 'reality' tv. 

a/a 8/21/17

TaintedAndDelish

you remember the fuss about "back-tracked messages"

Anesa

you remember "full-service" gas stations....someone would actually come out and pump yer gas fer ya?  And then, clean your windshield!!!   

Sybl

you remember when there was no need for privacy fences.

Captain Maltese

If you once considered buying a 14 pound.... cellphone. Because it was so new and cool.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Anesa

.. you've ever had a grandma put "mercurochrome or merthiolate" on a scrape or cut.  (It was the stuff that stained your skin a bright red-orange color and it stung like a mother!)  ;P

Sybl

XD if you know what Camille is talking about, and experienced it personally!! ow

Prefect Mos

damn fears of mercury posining, that stuff was awesome for cuts.-

If you remeber when Slushies came with awesome hologram thingies. 

auroraChloe

... it takes longer to bounce back from a night of drinking beers and shots. 

a/a 8/21/17

Sybl

When you are too tired to party, take a nap instead.

gaggedLouise

Some books you thought would always be around at the public library have been sorted out to make place for xbox games.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Captain Maltese

When you leave a mall emptyhanded because there wasn't anything you needed.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

TaintedAndDelish

If you remember this jingle: "Here comes Koogle with the koo koo koogly eyes..you'll love koogle, the crafty nutty surprise."

If you remember tearing the lid off that chocolate or bananna flavored peanut spead and sniffing the freshly opened jar!

( For those interested, it was also called "Google." There is a wikipedia page for koogle (made by Kraft) and a google answers page )

Sybl

If you were not yet a teenager in 1965

TaintedAndDelish

... If you ride a motorcycle, wear a toupee (or sport a comb-over) and try to pick up 20 year old girls XD!

Sybl

TaintedAndDelish

If you remember when 5 megabyte hard drives were external and about the size of a PC

Sybl

You remember a Hershey bar costing a nickle.