[Dragonsong] High Fantasy Adventure - Dragons & Riders - (Closed)

Started by Wispyr, July 05, 2016, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lindrea

Quote from: Thorne on July 07, 2016, 09:29:50 PM
... Grease would still count as a 'minor' power ...? (one of the nastiest 'minor' spells in any mage's repertoire, even if it does not create a combustible slick).

These spells.. powers.. whatever.. aren't limited to specific lists, though?
For example, a character with an academy background might learn different spells than someone who was taught via a less structured school; an herb witch, druid or whatever, but there is no real limit on what kinds of spells they can learn?

That's the impression I'm getting.  It's all in how you connect with and use the Aethyr, in my mind.

AribethAmkiir

Could you explain the abbreviations used in the timeline?  What's YoB, YoP, and YoD stand for?  Sorry if I missed its mention elsewhere.

Wispyr

Quote from: Thorne on July 07, 2016, 09:29:50 PM
... Grease would still count as a 'minor' power ...? (one of the nastiest 'minor' spells in any mage's repertoire, even if it does not create a combustible slick).

These spells.. powers.. whatever.. aren't limited to specific lists, though?
For example, a character with an academy background might learn different spells than someone who was taught via a less structured school; an herb witch, druid or whatever, but there is no real limit on what kinds of spells they can learn?
We've been using the term "powers" because a physical oriented character might have abilities that tailor to that rather being 'traditional spells', in reality they are spells not 'powers'. If we want to get super technical, Mages use spells, martial characters use techniques... #RandomClarity

This is correct. You should tailor your spell selections to represent the character themselves, so don't just go 'grab a healing spell' for the hell of it - but in theory, they could know 'fireball' and 'cure moderate wounds'. Traditional 'classes' are more like titles then anything... Mage is a broad term. Druid might be used for an Elf who has naturey magic who lives... like druids do. Witch Doctor might be applied to a mage who is also an apothecary... etc.

Wispyr

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on July 07, 2016, 09:39:31 PM
Could you explain the abbreviations used in the timeline?  What's YoB, YoP, and YoD stand for?  Sorry if I missed its mention elsewhere.

PW: Pre-war
AW: After-war

YoD: Year of the Dragon
YoP: Year of the Phoenix
YoK: Year of the Kraken
YoB: Year of the Behemoth

The years are always counted in that order going 1-2-3-4 (dragon, phoenix, kraken, behemoth) (Mu, Kae, Vi, Laj) and there is never a year 0.

Wispyr

PM's for sent character concepts should be rolling out here very shortly tonight... So keep an eye out.

We're working steadily through the logistics of the group currently, but it will probably be tomorrow before we're ready to comment any more on the back end of things.

Cerevan

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: Cerevan on July 07, 2016, 11:18:40 PM
@ Mighty GMs: Plz also FC Manu Bennett for meee. <333
Only with a promise of cheesecake! <3
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

Elysian Radiance

"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

Thorne

Quote from: Cerevan on July 07, 2016, 11:18:40 PM
@ Mighty GMs: Plz also FC Manu Bennett for meee. <333

... *drool*

. . sorry, what? >.>    ^^;
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Dominique

I see I have volunteered without posting :D I'm happy for it, else I would have missed the deadline, and now I get go write with the most awesome dragon ^^

Cataclysmic Archangel

Hi folks.

I had a pretty rough 'weekend' (my days off for the week), death in the family of a beloved pet, parents in town, and now I'm back at work.  I have a lot of catching up to do (approximately 6 pages of replies since wednesday). 

Ely and I have a vague idea of what's going on with our pairing.  I need to start figuring out character stuff.

@wyspyr:  I assume the MIGHT stat is all things physical?  Legolas as well as Conan?

Lindrea

Quote from: Arcannyx on July 08, 2016, 06:18:46 AM
@wyspyr:  I assume the MIGHT stat is all things physical?  Legolas as well as Conan?

From my understanding so far, yeah.  Might is physical capability.  Aethyr is magical capability.  Might would be strength, dexterity, constitution, reflexes, aim, etc.

Wispyr

Quote from: Arcannyx on July 08, 2016, 06:18:46 AM
Quote from: Lindrea on July 08, 2016, 09:55:29 AM
From my understanding so far, yeah.  Might is physical capability.  Aethyr is magical capability.  Might would be strength, dexterity, constitution, reflexes, aim, etc.
Yup yup.

Might is all things non-magical, the actual application of which is entirely up to you.

Lindrea

Oh!  Wispyr, Aribeth and I sent in our basic outline concepts.  Will you be responding in PM about them if they're acceptable?  Or if we require a bit more detail? :)

Wispyr

Quote from: Lindrea on July 08, 2016, 09:59:29 AM
Oh!  Wispyr, Aribeth and I sent in our basic outline concepts.  Will you be responding in PM about them if they're acceptable?  Or if we require a bit more detail? :)
We'll check out the PM today - I've only grazed over it thus far. Trying to play catch up on my posting list right now - cause I've been slacking for days - and then we've got to run to the doctor for an eye exam here this early afternoon. Once we're home and settled back in for the day we'll be looking at the PM's we got over night.

We should have more information, sample sheets, sheet templates, and more game details up and ready for everyone later this afternoon which will be posted here - but all of the PM's we get will get attention themselves.

Flower

Did I miss the character sheets somewhere? What exactly are we sending to our talented duo?

Wispyr

No you didn't Flower. People have just been sending us rough concepts and what not - not required - to get confirmation and start hatching brain eggs and what not.

Lindrea

I've got a Fire Mage Rider in the works.  Lots of Aethyr, very low Might.  Super curious about ancient magic/technology and history. :D

Aribeth is working on the Dragon of the pair.  A frost dragon.  So we're going for the entire Fire and Ice duality.  It should be really fun to play.

Aiyanna

Alcandre and I are plotting our lovely ladies out, when we have concepts finished we will send them in for approval.
When you message me, please use the same message thread every time.
Ideas
O/o's

Amelita

Elysian, I switched my face claim from Derek Theler to Channing Tatum a couple of pages back <3

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Cataclysmic Archangel

For reasons of being over complicated and mysterious, I'm not eager to say much about my character, however I'll be mostly might, and focusing most of my 'powers' on all sorts of Exalted-style combat effects.

Whee.

Lindrea

So, here's Phiandra.  The resident fire mage. ^.^

Phiandra

Hazy Sky

Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB