DC Earth Two, Intrest Check (Closed for now)

Started by VoluptuousVixen, August 26, 2013, 11:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VoluptuousVixen

VoluptuousVixen

Soooo a lot of action to start with will Take place in Gotham I think.

Whos bios are we waiting on?

Huntress?
Zatanna?
Green Lantern?
Jason Todd?

Tackyhillbilly

How will this new Justice Society get put together? It seems like our characters don't really have anything to do with each other. Supergirl (Starfire) is a Government asset. Batgirl is a rich Vigilante, though probably one of the more personable of the group. Triumph is antisocial, and also none of us know who he is. White Canary is an antisocial vigilante. And Booster Gold is a vainglorius idiot at best.

We don't really have a leader (I know your bio said Triumph is a natural leader, but given your description of how he treats people, most of us are likely blow him off.) I don't know how many people in the Roster would even seek out help. Supergirl would go for her government contacts. Triumph is strong enough to throw most people into the sun. White Canary is noted as not a team person. Booster Gold is a gloryhog. Batgirl is pretty much the one exception we have.

Doomsday

I think I will work on a bio for Red Hood, might not finish it til tomorrow.

Crash

Gah every time I think I have Argent down, I think maybe I should play Zatanna.  It think I am going to bite the bullet and switch.  I don't know a ton about the the character so you will have to give me some creative license to mold her away from the comic some because I know I will do so by shear accident.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Doomsday

== Character Bio ==

== Personal Information ==
Legal Name: Jason Todd
Alias: Red Hood
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Part of Gotham Residing In: An island base in Gotham's Great Bay

== Physical Description == 
Jason Todd possesses the peak human strength of a 6-foot, 225-pound young man who regularly engages in intensive physical exercise. There is a small white streak in the center-left side of his hair, a possible cosmetic side-effect of the Lazarus Pits, as Ra's Al Ghul shared this feature. His dark hair is usually unmanaged and rustled, thanks to the signature red helmet that he wears. Jason tries to stay clean shaven, usually not sporting much more than a short, scratchy beard, and that's only when he hasn't had a chance to return to base for whatever reason. He has hazel eyes that usually appear gray from a distance, but are more of a faded green color when viewed up close.

== Persona ==           
Jason was once an optimistic young man, believing deeply in the sense of justice that Bruce Wayne imparted into him, but that black and white sense of right and wrong was shattered when Jason was killed and subsequently resurrected. Ra's Al Ghul claims the young man went mad when he was dragged out of the Pit; Jason has never denied this, but also claims, in his defense, that nobody really knows how you're supposed to react when you've come back from death. He still has a thirst for fighting crime and thwarting evildoers, but he does so now with a brand of ruthlessness that Batman did not possess. Not only does he not shy away from slaying his enemies, Jason seems almost gleeful to kill.

When he's not in the heat of battle, Jason is generally cold and callous; Not many can see beneath the emotion armor he has erected for himself. Some select few, such as Dick Grayson, know him to be energetic and excitable when the occasion calls for it, over-eager to prove himself, but it remains to be seen if those bits of his personality were revived with him.

== Key Skills ==
Master Martial Artist: Jason Todd is a highly skilled combatant trained by Batman. Although he was always more of a brawler as Robin, following his resurrection, he gained more training and demonstrated himself to be far more skilled than before. This is shown when he fought his former mentor and Nightwing to a standstill, when Jason held his own against the Green Arrow in a sword fight, and when he overpowered Tim Drake at Titans Tower.
Skilled Acrobat: In his training as Robin, he had been taught acrobatics and gymnastics routines.
Skilled Swordsman: Jason has been shown to be skilled enough to hold his own against the Green Arrow in a sword fight until he ultimately lost.
Skilled detective: Jason has shown some skill as a detective most notably in Outsiders #44 and #45.
Multi-Lingual: Taught by Batman, Jason is fluent in several languages having spoken English, French, German, Italian and various others with Russian being his weakest.
Polymath: After being adopted by Bruce, Jason received excellent education and tutoring from both private tutors and Bruce thus, has deep knowledge in many subjects, including Science, Math, Medicine, Geography, Criminology, World History and English.
Intermediate Bomb assembly and Diffusal: Taught by a world renowned bomb expert in Russia, Jason is able to assemble and defuse a wide variety of conventional explosive devices, from improvised to military grade designs. It is yet to be determined whether or not he can diffuse Nuclear devices, in contrast to Batman and Damian's demonstrated ability.
Vehicular Driver: Jason has driven a variety of vehicles from cars and boats, to being trained in the Middle East by an ace pilot to fly helicopters.

== Advantages ==
Lazarus-Enhanced Capabilities: As of his perfect resurrection by the Lazarus Pit, he no longer ages & regenerates from injuries at a very fast rate, allowing him to perfectly cheat death on several occasions.
Peak Physical Condition: By matching his former mentor in combat he has proven that he is physically superior to most Olympic athletes, just as Batman is. His strength, reflexes, stamina, and endurance are roughly comparable to that of Dick Grayson.

== Disadvantages == 
Mentally Unstable: Jason has died and come back, thanks to the Lazarus Pits. Only one other man has done that, and Ra's Al Ghul might consider himself lucky to have his faculties intact after such a harrowing experience. Jason has a good grip on his emotions, but if he is pushed in the right way, he's prone to explode, harming friends and enemies alike.

Jealousy/Rivalry: Jason is reluctant to consider himself a friend of anyone in the Bat Family, even Dick Grayson, who had always considered him like a younger brother. He feels like they all betrayed him by not killing the Joker after his death. If forced to pick a side, he would fight with them, but otherwise he prefers to do his own thing.

== Background ==
Jason Todd was once a desperate street youth, discovered and taken in by Batman/Bruce Wayne after being caught in the act of stripping the Batmobile of its tires. Impressed by the young boy's audacity to think he could steal from Batman, and all of the daring and courage that came with it, Jason Todd was trained to be the next Robin, as the previous one had grown perhaps too old and independent for the mantle of a sidekick. Jason accepted his duties with relish, having idolized Batman and Robin as a defender of poor folks like himself.

Serving as the Dark Knight's squire until his early adulthood, Jason showed a level of recklessness that sometimes put him in danger, a contrast to the much more cautious and obedient Grayson. He was perhaps not as acrobatic as his predecessor, but he had a street-wise toughness about him, a willingness to take brutal hits and keep getting up.

Everything fell apart for Jason and Bruce when they were on a mission in Europe, investigating a plot by Ra's Al Ghul, when they ran into the Joker and his henchmen seemingly by sheer chance. During the fight, Batman and Robin were separated, as Robin pursued the fleeing Joker. The boy wonder was overpowered in their struggle and knocked unconscious. He woke up in an unknown warehouse, tied to a chair; The Joker waited before him, a crowbar in hand, wickedly waiting to deal out pain and punishment just because it suited his fancy. Over a great deal of time, Jason was brutally beaten, suffering from broken bones, shattered ribs, internal bleeding, a concussion and a collapsed lung. His life hanging by a thread, the Joker left, seemingly bored with the entire ordeal. As Robin wearily escaped from his bonds and tried to escape the warehouse, it exploded, the Joker having played one last prank on the boy wonder, not intending to let him leave the warehouse alive. Batman was en route but arrived too late, and he carried Robin's body from the inferno.

Jason was buried at Wayne manor, or so it seemed; In fact, Jason's body had been switched with a fake by Ra's Al Ghul, who felt responsible for Jason's death, as he had paid the Joker to distract Batman in Europe, to keep him from ruining the League of Shadow's plans in Serbia. To make things even with Bruce Wayne, he threw Jason's body into the Lazarus Pits, where Jason was revived... Though it seemed his mind was shattered, as he immediately fled from Ra's by throwing himself out of an open window. Ra's assumed the boy died from the fall, but a body was never recovered.

Several months later, Jason returned to Gotham as the mysterious Red Hood, intent on taking control of the crime element of the city and dealing revenge to Batman, who had not avenged his death. Batman foiled Jason's attempt to kill Joker, to set the ledger straight; Jason disappeared for Gotham for some time, and returned to the city to compete with Batman instead of facing him. He believed that Batman allowed crime to continue to thrive with his strict code to not kill his enemies, so Jason killed with urgency, to balance Batman's misguided benevolence. Equipped with a state of the art computerized mask, a signature combat knife sharp enough to match any of Batman's weapons and a small aresenal supplied to him by Talia Al Ghul, Jason's alias became known and feared around Gotham.

After Batman died saving the world, Jason thought to take up the cowl and call himself Batman, and struggles with this decision to this day. At the same time, he feels as if he's carved out his own legend as the Red Hood, perhaps to someday become more infamous than his deceased tutor.

== Character Extras =

= Face Claim: Tyler Hoechlin

Ons: Same as player's

Offs: Same as player's

Doomsday

I saw there was a claim for Nightwing/Dick Grayson. Is that person okay with sticking to the canonical history between the two, plus what I've written in my bio?

Also, mia, Jason and Kori are friends/teammates/sometimes lovers in New 52, did you want to have a pre-existing relationship or anything between our two characters?

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Tackyhillbilly on November 02, 2015, 10:16:11 PM
How will this new Justice Society get put together? It seems like our characters don't really have anything to do with each other. Supergirl (Starfire) is a Government asset. Batgirl is a rich Vigilante, though probably one of the more personable of the group. Triumph is antisocial, and also none of us know who he is. White Canary is an antisocial vigilante. And Booster Gold is a vainglorius idiot at best.

We don't really have a leader (I know your bio said Triumph is a natural leader, but given your description of how he treats people, most of us are likely blow him off.) I don't know how many people in the Roster would even seek out help. Supergirl would go for her government contacts. Triumph is strong enough to throw most people into the sun. White Canary is noted as not a team person. Booster Gold is a gloryhog. Batgirl is pretty much the one exception we have.

Look at how the New52 Earth 1 Justice League formed.  They had their mutual differences in how things worked out.  I think the appeal is to see if the heroes can set aside their differences to pull together to answer the call to arms and repel a crisis that threatens the sanctity of their loved ones and homes.

However, I do agree.  I've seen plenty of games in other mediums fall apart because the team composition was unable to pull together and reach a compromising playing field.   I'll extend the benefit of the doubt of course and trust that everyone here knows that adjustments will have to be made to accommodate the transition from solo to team-based operations.

Tackyhillbilly

No, my question isn't if our different characters can work together. My question is more just "What Device brings us together." In the New 52 the Justice League formed because of heroes consciously seeking each other out (Batman, and Green Lantern go looking for Supes.)

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Tackyhillbilly on November 03, 2015, 01:02:29 AM
No, my question isn't if our different characters can work together. My question is more just "What Device brings us together." In the New 52 the Justice League formed because of heroes consciously seeking each other out (Batman, and Green Lantern go looking for Supes.)

Ah, I see.  Well, judging from the general premise of Silk's initial post, it gives us just a few things that may be elements to make it possible.  President Amanda Waller may seek out the best help she can get and take notice of our respective characters as a means to an end.  Perhaps Solomon Grundy's actions before the start of the game have gathered the interest of the heroes and by fate's design pulled us into Metropolis (or Gotham).

I can't say for certain but I trust Silk has something in mind and if not, we can all brainstorm it out together.  I'd be willing to have Batwoman try working on gathering the heroes all in Gotham in the wake of a crisis if necessary.

Juggtacular

After some thought I might be going another way with my first character. I'll know by tomorrow.

mia h

Quote from: Doomsday on November 02, 2015, 11:45:29 PM
Also, mia, Jason and Kori are friends/teammates/sometimes lovers in New 52, did you want to have a pre-existing relationship or anything between our two characters?
I'm fine with them not having met.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Tackyhillbilly

Quote from: WardenIce on November 03, 2015, 01:10:59 AM
Ah, I see.  Well, judging from the general premise of Silk's initial post, it gives us just a few things that may be elements to make it possible.  President Amanda Waller may seek out the best help she can get and take notice of our respective characters as a means to an end.  Perhaps Solomon Grundy's actions before the start of the game have gathered the interest of the heroes and by fate's design pulled us into Metropolis (or Gotham).

I can't say for certain but I trust Silk has something in mind and if not, we can all brainstorm it out together.  I'd be willing to have Batwoman try working on gathering the heroes all in Gotham in the wake of a crisis if necessary.

Mhmmm. I'm just hoping to know what Silk has in mind, so I can make sure Booster is in a position to accept.

Vergil Tanner

I am still around, I'm just working through the bio whilst considering whether I'm actually gonna post it. XD Bear with me please. :-)
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Kokaine

I am deciding if I want to go more Helena Wayne or Helena Bertinelli or even Helena Wayne impersonating Helena Bertinelli :P
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

VoluptuousVixen

mia h

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on November 03, 2015, 08:00:59 AM
I am still around, I'm just working through the bio whilst considering whether I'm actually gonna post it. XD Bear with me please. :-)

mia h

Quote from: Kokaine on November 03, 2015, 08:40:15 AM
I am deciding if I want to go more Helena Wayne or Helena Bertinelli or even Helena Wayne impersonating Helena Bertinelli :P
or maybe even Paula Brooks if you want everyone to go "Who?"  ;D

Crash

Okay I have settled in a character.  I have gone back to my original character Cyclone and will have her character sheet submitted tonight barring unforeseen circumstances.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Juggtacular

== Character Bio ==

Legal Name: Kon-El(Conner Kent)
Alias: Superboy, Experiment 13, Superman
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Part of Gotham Residing In: Gotham Heights

== Physical Description ==  Conner stands at about 6'4, and his body is well muscled from training and exercise. Also when he was cloned, he was designed to have a perfect physique reminiscent of his "father", Superman. He's very good looking, again thanks to his genes and further modifications during the cloning process. And his hair is usually a dark brown, but sometimes he dyes it blond for kicks. His eyes are almost a neon shade of blue; maybe Cadmus went a bit too far on that one, but he can't complain as he looks like a Human/Kryptonian Adonis. He has a few different outfits when he's fighting as Superboy. His most iconic one is simply a black t-shirt with the "S" logo across it in bright red, jeans, and boots. He's also got a suit that is reminiscent of Superman's, and he's started to wear it more and more to give people something to look up to.  He has a barcode tattoo with the number 13 on his right arm, but it only shows up under UV light and special scanners.

== Persona == Kon is cloned from Superman, so he has all of his personality traits. The golden boy, the boy scout, the guy who would fight until he's bruised and broken even if he didn't have any powers. He cares for the well being of everyone, but especially that of his team and friends. He's willing to sacrifice himself, and take the big hits so others don't have to. However, as Kon is also half human, half...Luthor, he's got some of Lex's personality traits as well. Highly intelligent, suave, smooth, sophisticated.

He's essentially a blend of all their best traits. However, he's got some of the bad ones too. Both his fathers have pretty well known tempers, and Conner can too at times. Although since he's still young, he's more likely to hang around and show off than he is get upset for the most part. When it comes to a fight, he seems to embody Superman almost perfectly, and he can take orders just as good as giving them.

== Key Skills ==

1)  Genius Intellect: Conner was given not only the powers of Superman, but the abilities of Lex Luthor as well. That means he has a genius level intelligence(when he decides to use it) and is one of the smarter people around due to having the brains of Luthor, and the computer-like mind of a Kryptonian.

2) Detective: He's got Clark's blood in him alright, as Conner has a natural affinity towards investigation and detective work. He can find out the source of a problem the same as punch it into submission.

3) Fighting: Cadmus downloaded years of combat mastery into Conner's head before he was born. He is a naturally gifted fighter even without his powers because of this.

4) People Reading: As he was made to replace Superman after his death, Cadmus made sure they downloaded some psychiatric training into Conner, so he knows how to read people, how to say the right things to make them comfortable with a clone taking over for the original.

== Advantages ==

1) Kryptonian Physiology: As he is a clone of Kal-El, under a yellow sun, Kon-El is granted a number of super powers. All of them identical to his "father" Clark. These powers are of course, super strength, super speed, super stamina, super agility, super reflexes, multiple vision powers(x-ray, heat, microscopic, etc...), flight, invulnerability, super senses, etc... He has every power that Superman had, and at similar levels. Also he is still growing, so he has room to grow stronger as well.

2) Tactile Telekinesis: Superman's strength and  invulnerability didn't come from simply being tough. As a Kryptonian, his body had an invisible, highly durable bio-electric field. That field was the reason he could lift things and they didn't crumble under their own weight. Cadmus decided to take the field a bit further when creating Conner, and because of that he can control and manipulate his field as a form of psuedo-telekinesis. Even without his Kryptonian powers, Conner can simulate them using his tactile tk, and boost them with it as well.

3) Disassemble/Reassemble: By touching something, Conner can use his tk and cause it to fall apart at the seams. If he knows how the item in question works, he can put it back together just as easily. If he touches something like sand, he can cause all the individual particles to explode outward in a surprise attack.

4) Psionics: Superboy is still growing, but as of this moment he has somewhat impressive telepathic powers like mind reading, seeing memories, etc... He can even absorb language skills by a data dump through touch.

5) TK Force Blast: Kon can gather raw psionic energy and launch it like a projectile toward his enemies.

== Disadvantages == 

1) Kryptonian Physiology: As a Kryptonian, Conner possesses all of Superman's powers. But he also possesses many of his weaknesses. For example, while yellow sunlight strengthens him, red sunlight weaknes him. Not as much as a full blooded Kryptonian, but enough that he doesn't like red sunlight.

2) Kryptonite: Kryptonite is Conner's...well Kryptonite. The radioactive remains of Krypton react just as violently with him as any other Kryptonian, and being within a few feet of a large enough source immediately causes him to feel ill. Exposed to enough and for long enough, he will die.

3) Magic: Something about magic and Kryptonian cells just don't mix, and because of that Conner has a weakness against all forms of hostile magic.

== Background ==

Conner Kent...well that's not his real name. Experiment 13, or "Project: Superman" was born in a lab in Cadmus. After Superman's death fighting Darkseid and the forces of Apokolips, Cadmus gained access to some of his DNA and decided that while they didn't always agree with him, the world needed a Superman. So they hatched a plan to create a new one...one they could control like a puppet. Experiment 0 was the first, but no results came of it. This continued for five years until they got a bit of extra funding from Lex Luthor, as well as some genetic material from one of the most brilliant minds on the planet. Enter Experiment 13.

Made of Superman and Luthor's DNA, he was the perfect mix of the bitterest of enemies, and Cadmus knew it. He was artificially aged to twenty-one years old while they implanted all the necessary information and lies into his brain. Every day it was the same thing. He'd have commands drilled into his brain while he was sleeping, then when he woke up he'd go over them and run drills. He'd do this and more all day and night until Cadmus was done; it wasn't like he could get tired, right?

It was Hell for Conner in the brief moments he had control over his own mind, but it was never long enough for him to do much more than wonder what life could be like if he were free. Had the process continued, he would have been aged even further and implanted with control tech so he'd be under Cadmus' commands 100%. He'd be a puppet they could send around as they saw fit; the perfect super soldier under the command of Cadmus and the US Government. One day though, a villain named Flaming Skull robbed a bank, and before he could escape, the brothers Hawk and Dove found him. A fight ensued, and one of Skull's fire blasts tore through a junction box connected to Cadmus. The short caused Cadmus' power systems to falter for about 30 seconds, but that was long enough for containment and the subliminal programming to cease. Experiment 13 was freed from his capsule.

For the first time in his life, he was awake, and he wasn't under Cadmus control. He escaped, but not before downloading as much info as he could, memorizing the rest, and taking some funds he was sure they wouldn't miss with him. Of course, there was one, final thing he had to do. The Cadmus facility housing him, code-named "Facility S-2" was disguised to look like an abandoned warehouse, so when it was destroyed that night, people just assumed it was an explosion and didn't think too much about it. But Conner and the personnel knew the truth.

They'd created Superman's replacement, but they hadn't done it the right way. And now that he was free, he was angry. Thankfully he didn't take any lives though, and simply disappeared into the night. He was satisfied with just millions of dollars in property damage. That was six months ago. Conner has been on the run since that night, bouncing around not just the country, but the world to stay one step ahead of Cadmus.

Finally he's started to feel safe enough to settle though, and has decided Gotham will be his home for the time being. He hasn't simply been running the past six months though; he's been doing what he was made for; helping people who can't help themselves. His actions have started to gather attention and notoriety, but so far he's been on the move so much no one can track him. New York, Shanghai, Peru, Russia. All people can say for certain is that there seems to be a guy dressed up like Superman, saving the day and righting wrongs. A "Superboy" running around, following in the original's footsteps.  And soon he'll be able to step into the spotlight; show the people that all hope isn't lost. He was built in a lab, but he was also given a destiny, and a legacy. He intends to do his father proud, and do the right thing.

== Character Extras =

= Face Claim: Kellan Lutz

Ons: Oral, Anal, Rough Sex, Public Sex, Seduction, Teasing, Foreplay,

Offs: Scat, Blood, Gore, Watersports, Anything nasty

Sooooo, I decided I wasn't going with Triumph. Mainly because I'm not great at playing super assholey characters, even ones who don't always do it on purpose lol.

Also, Superboy is awesome and the world needs a Superman, even if he is a clone.

Crash

Vergil Tanner

== Character Bio ==

Legal Name: Arthur Curry/Orin
Alias: Aquaman, Master Of The Seven Seas, Rightful King Of Atlantis and The Lord Of The Deep.
Sexuality: Straight
Part of Gotham Residing In: Nowhere permanent; he's just passing through, though he's staying in an up-scale hotel in Gotham Heights.

== Physical Description ==

Arthur stands at about 6'1, with broad shoulders and a well-defined, athletically muscular build. His long dark hair is currently left freely hanging around the back of his neck and the very top of his back, matching his long-ish pointed black beard. His eyes are similarly a darker colour being a muted hue of brown. His warriors conditioning and training has led to him being in almost perfect physical shape at the peak of what his species can achieve with the added benefit of being open to humanities ability to push past their limits if they drive for it. Whilst his normal persona involves wearing ordinary street clothes in the style of jeans and t-shirt - they feel odd sometimes, but he has to avoid standing out - his "costume" is largely just an armour-reinforced battlegreave set engineered to move like ordinary human trousers, whereas his upper half is clad only in a simple black boiled leather bandoleer-type belt that connects and keeps attached his long Atlantean scale-mail gauntlets and shoulder plate full sleeve. His "colours" tend to be that of the Atlantean royal linel that is, orange, blue and brown, though he makes an effort to avoid dressing in colour coded clothes when in "Civvies." He has a few scars from previous adventures in small isolated areas of his body, but for the most part, he is unblemished and looks as if he has never been in a serious fight...at least, not one that he got injured from. Whilst his face gives off the air of seriousness and determination when in battle, when with friends and trusted colleagues, he is quick to smile and laugh, and his face is capable of splitting into the broadest grin you've likely ever seen.

== Persona ==

When with friends or trusted confidantes in a casual setting, Arthur is relatively laid back and easy-going, always ready with a smile or a dry quip to lighten the mood and provide a welcoming, friendly environment. He's also fiercely loyal to his friends, always making certain that he's around if they need him with either advice, helpful action or simply a sympathetic ear...he sees it as his duty to provide whatever assistance he can to the people he considers worth his time and trust, and he takes duty very seriously. As such, he has an extremely strong moral code that he will follow regardless of who disagrees with him, and if you attempt to do something that he views as immoral or wrong, you will soon find yourself at odds with him in a much more real way than just verbally. Any attempt at putting civilians in harms way, committing crimes to solve a deeper crime, breaking more laws than absolutely necessary in the name of the "Greater Good" because the Ends justify the Means, deceiving friends or allies or generally breaking what he considers to be the Hero Code Of Honour will all get you on the opposite side of his wrath...and that's when his friendly demeanour changes. When in combat or in danger or in a serious situation in general, he soon becomes extremely businesslike, driven and humourless, unlikely to make quick quips in favour of making precise strikes and dealing with the issue as quickly as possible; when innocents are in danger, it is not the place to make jokes or make light of the situation. Similarly, when angered, despite his patience and understanding nature, he is relentless in his fury until he is satisfied that accounts have been balanced. He is not quick to anger except under certain circumstances, but when he does, it is truly a terrifying sight to behold.

== Powers/Abilities ==

Atlantean Biological Adaptation:

Atlanteans have evolved and adapted to survive deep under the sea, leading to several biological advantages when on land.

- He can breathe underwater.

- Endure and survive extreme pressures without many negative effects, up to a certain number of "atmospheres" worth of pressure.

- Superhuman strength, speed, agility and durability as a by product of being adapted to survive in the intense pressures of the Deep Sea. He is strong enough to hypothetically make Superman recoil with a punch, fast enough to take him by surprise, durable enough to withstand a punch and agile enough to move out of the way if attacked by him...though he is nowhere near as strong or fast as Superman, he is easily at least 150 times as strong, fast and durable as an ordinary human. Being of the Royal Line, Aquaman is a "Super Atlantean," making him far stronger than most other Atlanteans.

- Amphibious nature. He can survive indefinitely underwater, and can go for extended periods of time on land without any ill effect, though he needs to return to the water at least once every couple of weeks or so to rehydrate.

- Due to being adapted to see in the low light conditions of the Deep Sea, Aquaman can see in near total darkness.

- His hearing is several factors of magnitude more sensitive than humans, which also gives him access to rudimentary Sonar.

- Enhanced sense of smell.

- Superhuman stamina that, for example, allows him to swim at 150mph for over four hours without a break.

- Extremely resistant to heat-and-energy-based attacks (EG, Amazo's heat vision).

- Extremely fast swimmer and runner, being able to swim at 150 MPH and run at 100 MPH.

- Super reflexes; he can react about 15-20 times faster than an ordinary human and has been shown to have superior reflexes to people like Deathstroke and Batman.

- Telepathy, though this is not restricted to marine life. He can compel any life that lives beneath or on the waves - for example, Sea Eagles - to obey him, though he generally requests their assistance rather than forces it. He can also perform basic telepathic feats like mind-to-mind contact and mental probes. In extreme cases, he has even been known to be able to dominate non-aquatic life due to their shared biological ancestry...though this is extremely difficult and almost impossible on stronger willed minds.

The Trident of Poseidon:

The Trident Of Poseidon is an indestructible three-pronged staff that Aquaman has incorporated into his fighting style. It has a number of unique abilities that only Aquaman can unleash, due to his nature as the favoured of Poseidon.

- Able to shapeshift into a sword and back again on command.

- Grants absolute control of any body of water, though the larger the amount, the more effort and energy it requires. Also able to create water from the air around it.

- The creation of Water Constructs including but not limited to Elemental soldiers and any type of water-borne craft.

- Able to disperse energy bolts and forcefields using magical energy.

- Able to conjure up any weather condition derived from water, including rain, hail, sleet, snow, thunderstorms, fog, waterspouts, tidal waves, whirlpools, intense storms due to its power over water and the oceans.

- Able to create earthquakes by altering water pressure beneath the Earth.

- Allows teleportation across the planet using water as a medium.

Other Abilities:

- Aquaman is a master of hand to hand combat and weapon-based warfare.

- Being a Super-Atlantean, he is a master tactician and has a natural inborn charisma that makes him a natural leader.

- Besides the sticky subject of coming from an Autocracy, he is generally very accomplished in the art of diplomacy.

Weaknesses:

- Needs to periodically return to water or he will weaken.

- Due to his powers nature, if he is cut off from the Trident or is trapped in an environment without water, he will rapidly wan in strength and potentially die.

- He is strong and durable, but not invulnerable; small arms fire barely phase him, but concentrated large arms fire or concentrated assault from a super-strong assailant will injure and eventually kill him.

== Background ==

Quite simply, Aquaman kept to his own domain until only a few years ago; he grew up the offspring of a human and an Atlantean in the Capital City of Atlantis being bred for rule of the Autocratic Empire. He eventually took his place on the throne when his father died about ten years ago, and attempted to lead his new subjects as best he could. Unfortunately, as soon as he took the throne, a splinter faction that opposed his father and sought to depose his son while he was still vulnerable attempted a coup of Atlantis and forced Orin into fleeing the palace in order to marshal his forces. He managed to escape with the Trident of Poseidon, the Atlantean Royal Lines greatest treasure, and went into hiding as he planned and orchestrated his return, seeking aid from anybody who would help him. In this time, he happened to meet several members of The Justice League and, after aiding them in a few of their fights, managed to persuade them by showing them evidence of the new regimes brutality to help him reclaim his homeland. Two years after the coup, he raised his banner against the oppressive new regime of Atlantis and marched on the Kingdom, reconquering his birthright and proving himself an able commander, promising the Justice League as much aid as he could offer as soon as his Kingdom had recovered from their ordeal. He fully intended to keep that promise, but the infrastructure of the Empire needed great attention to repair, so it was several years before the Kingdom was back to its former glory...unfortunately, when the Justice League requested Atlantean aid on its ill-fated final mission, disaster struck again.

Remnants of the old splinter group that had attempted to seize his throne returned, this time having secretly created a False Atlantis in an attempt to rival the original and conquer the planet in its own name. A devastating underwater war broke out beneath the seemingly peaceful waves of the ocean that raged for four bitter years, filled with atrocities on both sides, unleashing increasingly horrific prehistoric beasts and powers on Atlantean and Fauxlantean soldiers alike, before the False Atlantis finally fell in the climactic Battle Of The Abyss, a battle so horrific that none of the chroniclers present even dare speak of the brutality out loud, refusing to ever record the details of what transpired in the battle. The only detail that matters is that Orin emerged victorious, but scarred...not only had he just fought a four year war - the second conflict in the first decade of his reign - but he had failed to help his friends, which had led to their deaths. He saw to the reconstruction of Atlantis over the next year, devoting all of his efforts to repairing the damage done to all life beneath the sea, until a few months ago when he got word that something strange was happening on the surface; his Mystical Advisers warned of a great series of disasters approaching, of the kinds that would make The Great Atlantean Schism look like a mere squabble between children by comparison...and that in the future where it was defeated, Orin was standing by the side of the land-dwellers and not hiding in Atlantis. Thus, Orin took on the name Arthur, left his trusted lieutenant as regent in Atlantis and ventured to the surface to investigate this new threat. His Mystics aren't sure what the disaster will be, but they know that it will start in Gotham....so Orin ventures to Gotham in order to head off the catastrophe that has his advisor's so rattled....or die in the attempt.

== Face Claim: ==

Jason Momoa

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Vergil Tanner

There we go! Let me know whether that's acceptable or not please!

Also, I didn't realise he had so many abilities until I started listing them. I mean, I knew what he could do, but seeing them in a list like that makes it seem a LOT more impressive. XD

Aquaman kicks ass. XD

I also edited his background and took certain aspects of his comic run to make it so that he is older, but also explain why he wasn't around when Darkseid attacked. Hope that's ok! :D

mia h

Just a totally random thought, but if Aquaman susceptible to dehydration etc. wouldn't that make him more vulnerable to heat based attacks and not less?

Vergil Tanner

I don't know, that's what was on the Wiki. I'm guessing that heat based attacks can make him dehydrate faster, but they don't do as much physical damage to him since he doesn't feel the effects of dehydration until he's passed the two week mark. So like....Supermans heat vision could, if kept up, make him weaken by dehydration, but wouldn't actually cause physical harm like it would to a normal human (like burns or scorch marks or breaking the skin). Kinda like how you can have a skin tone that doesn't burn but still get dehydrated, y'know?