The Sanitarium [NWoD-Second Sight]

Started by Black Howling, August 28, 2011, 04:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Howling

The world is slowly becoming a much darker place for our children to deal with. Young adults bear the largest of this burden, with their changing emotions conflicting with the new troubles globalization brings for them. It's so easy to get lost for these youngsters, so easy for the need to be unique to rule their lives. To make them create a fantasy where they are more unique, and enforce that with tricks they like to play on others. Tricks they don't understand they are really playing.

Here at The Salvero Sanitarium for troubled young adults, we understand the special needs of these Victims. Psychosis has begun to rule their lives, and in their fear they create something to help them deal with it. So if your youngster ever complains about nightmares they believe have come true, or that they fear they may can change the weather by thought; call the professionals at Salvero Institutes. Here we will not only help them recover, but also turn that struggle they face into a strength that helps them combat the future.

"The institute gave that speech over the air, and a similar one to every family that came in. They said it was an illness that could be treated. That we were just sick. I know I'm not sick. I'm not crazy, and none of the patients here are.Don't let them lie to you, don't fall for their tricks. Once you hear the screams at night, you'll know..."

Welcome to Salvero Sanitarium

This is an Asylum themed game, where the patients aren't all crazy; they are actually psychics of one sort or another. I'll be using the New World of Darkness system for this game, and including the add on rules from Second sight. Players will take the part of Patients admitted to the asylum, ages should range from 16-19. Each are classified as mentally unstable, and a danger to themselves and others. This gives the institute all the power they need to hold them.

I'll be allowing the Core Book, Second Sight, and perhaps select information from others if it makes sense to character background. I will be granting one free merit dot in any second sight ability. Please stray from Hedge Magic or Things that Should not be cults, this game is really more themed around psychics.

All character sheets should be made using This Site's Character Sheet generator.

Please note that I'm very watchful of skills and attributes over a three. I'll need a reason for someone between those ages to be a body builder of 4 srength, just like I'll require a reason why a high-school student has the equivalent of a masters degree with 3+ dots in academics or science. Now, here's the Character Skeleton I want you to use.

[b]Concept:[/b]
[b]Portrait:[/b]
[b]CS Link:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Psychological Profile:[/b]
[b]Background[/b]

Miyu

Concept: Ex-Punk Student
Portrait: http://www.gallerygator.com/images/galleries/Big%20Tits/Beautiful%20Gothic%20Redhead%20Shows%20Her%20Huge%20Boobs/Beautiful%20Gothic%20Redhead%20Shows%20Her%20Huge%20Boobs%203.jpg
CS Link: http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/12729?message=true
Name: Elizabeth Rosario
Psychological Profile: Paranoid Schizophrenia. Suppressed Aggression known to come out unexpectedly
Background She was born in Mexico, ever since little she knew that she was special, getting straight A's on every exam without a single question wrong. Her parents were very proud of her and always did their best to make her happy. However during her fourteen birthday her powers started to become apparent. She could make people do something with just her asking and even got to the point where she directly caused the death of her best friend but without nobody noticing except of course herself.

Since too many things were happening around her she decided to just stay on her room and don't talk to anybody. Ever since then the incidents started to go down rapidly and it was at that point that per parents figured out what was wrong with her. One night however she was taken from her room while she slept. A drug was placed on her system and she was delivered to the mental institution with no idea on what would happen to her in there.

Black Howling

After looking her over, she looks good. Could you please edit the Psychological profile to reflect the mental illness they are trying to make her out to have. I don't care if she actually has it or not, though it's likely that the isolation the psychic powers bring would put some stress on her mind. The bit about the mind control and how to handle it wouldn't be in psyche profile, well not her public one anyhow. Though it is excellent fluff.

If you aren't familiar with mental disorders, you can look them up online or work with me. I just give you all the choice for creativity's sake, and so you don't feel like I'm hosing you too much. >_>

Oh, and CS says she is 17 but the forum quick view says she is 16. Clarify?

Lady Lunarius

Very interested ~giggle~ Looking forward to making up a sheet, have a bit of an idea lets see what a bit of reading brings up for me ;)
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Black Howling

Forgot to mention, since I forgot it wasn't listed in the core book, that you can drop Morality for Experience at Character Creation if it's fitting to your background. Note that Morality DOES mean something on my games. So if you drop it, do so wisely and with consideration.

For those that don't know, each drop in Morality, up to two, will grant you five points each. This has to be for something serious. Having a bit of bad childhood, or one mild kidnapping wont suffice. This is something truly traumatic, IE killing someone; witnessing the death of someone close to you, Rape, etc.

Eternal Blade

I'll go ahead and express interest, being the only male in a game with two females sounds like a bit of fun. Hope I don't bite off more than I can chew. ;) I should have the sheet and bio up sometime today.

Karasu

OMG Must play Must Play! *goes to type up char sheet*

Anime pics alright? *hopes*
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

Black Howling

Quote from: Karasu on August 29, 2011, 03:07:38 PM
OMG Must play Must Play! *goes to type up char sheet*

Anime pics alright? *hopes*
I'd really more prefer Real Life pictures for this, as I feel it fits the mood much better. Though I'm excited to see more interest. :)

Lady Lunarius

Concept:Haunted Dreamer
Portrait:

CS Link: Here
Name:Lily Talbert
Psychological Profile: Delusional Paranoia
Background Lily had grown up, fearing sleep, knowing what dreams it would bring. Often she'd dream of her friends, lying about her behind her back, her mother talking with family about how "out of hand she was".  She'd even seen her best friend with her crush. The one she'd finally thought she'd be able to talk to and let him know how she felt.

As a result of these "nightmares" and dreams she started close herself off, keeping her family at arms length, her friends even further. She hated the dreams, she hated feeling as though she were ling this through another's eyes. She knew many of these dreams were untrue, but it still scared her. The thought that the people she loved the most were betraying her.

Sometime later, when she was fourteen, she had the dream of dreams, the one that send her spiraling. She was walking through her neighbors home, no, not her, some stranger, but she could see through his eyes. As (s)he navigated the woman's home, (s)he found herself opening the door to the oldest daughters room. The one who'd just come home from college. Moving over to the bed she put her hand over the girls mouth and straddled her as her eyes shot opened.

The voice that came out though was nothing like Lily's it was deep, raspy, and hungry. The girl struggled trying to push him off, but he shoved something into her mouth, and she started to still. Just as he ripped her clothes off her form and started to push inside her Lily woke up screaming. As her mother came in running she clung to the woman, talking about how some man was next door raping the girl.

Needless to say, her mother rushed to the phone and called the police, telling them her daughter had seen someone entering her neighbors house. Lily had tried to explain that she'd seen him raping the girl but the look in her mothers eyes grew to fear. Lily panicked at the look, and curled up in the corner even after it was discovered no one besides the family was in the home, that everyone was okay.

Lily stuck to her story even as she saw the young woman. That's how she ended up at the Sanatarium. Even two years later that dream still haunts her, though others do as well. Especially here, only they seem more real and more true. Though she doesn't tell the nurses and doctors of them. THey just think her paranoid already. Calling her dreams a disease, telling her she sick though she knows she's not.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Eternal Blade

Concept: Rebel Without a Cause
Portrait: CP
CS Link: CS
Name: Daniel Benet

Psychological Profile: From our Greatest efforts; we can only surmise that Mr. Benet suffers from Paranoid Schizophrenia, but we've been unable to talk with him extensively enough to diagnose him further. He appears to have problems with authority figures, particularly males with any sort of perceived power over him him. His first psychologist at our facility was found dead after just their third sessions, and the second psychologist, a woman this time was convinced to remove his restraints. She was unharmed, but even she was unable to get much more than the litany of philosophy he tends to speak when asked about different events in his life. At all times he has acted like we're the enemy, as if we're interrogating him rather than trying to help him. He's extremely dangerous and unpredictable; but it's our hope that we can get through to him with more time.

Background: Daniel is the son of an army special forces officer who fought during operations; Desert Shield, and Desert Storm. When Daniel was just a toddler, men from the military confronted his father about volunteer work he'd done while he was still in the Army, and eventually his father killed those same men. Daniel doesn't know what happened to his mother, his father never wanted to talk about while they were on the run, but he assumes that she died around the time they started running.

Running was all he knew for the longest time, that and defying what the police who were chasing them said was the law. That only lasted until Daniel was 14, at which point the police caught up with them. His father died in a shoot out with the police, and he was taken into social services. He was explained that his father killed his mother, which he still doesn't believe to this day, and that he kidnapped Daniel. The youth just paid lip service to them, until he was about to be adopted by a general and his wife, and the training his father had taught him kicked in.

Daniel waited until a moment when no one was looking, and ran without looking back. It was less than a year later that he had tried to settle down, he had a fake ID that had his finger prints and facial identification in the system, and even a girl friend he was living with. He had himself fooled into thinking they would never find out where he was, and that the new life he'd built wouldn't get dusted over once they did. It took them a year, the guy he'd paid for the ID had done a very good job, but they came.

It happened fast, men in black tactical gear rushing into his house, and tear gas being shot through the windows. On instinct he fought them, but was hit with a dart in the back of the neck. Next thing he knew, he was in jail going through a murder trial, the murder of two police officers. The hardest thing to swallow was that his girl friend had testified against him, but he tried not to hold it against her. After a lengthy trial, he was determined to be innocent by way of insanity, and was sent to Salvero Sanitarium for rehabilitation.

Starlequin

Heh, I must be insane to even consider taking on a second WoD game when im still not totally familiar with  the system, but...dear gods, me want!  :D I think i could have a CS up tonight, if thats alright?
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Karasu

Concept:Shy, Haunted Student
Portrait: http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii89/CowGoil08/leigh2.jpg
CS Link: http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/12742?message=true
Name: Sarine Jay
Psychological Profile: We have been unable to get much out of her as she refuses to talk to us or even look us in the eye. What she's written on paper was taht she hears voices and from the marks on her wrists (and her parent's worries) she will remain in our care until she ceases this nonsense of hearing voices and trying to kill herself or others. One experience with a psychologist had the girl actually lashing out and trying to bite her, claiming the voices wanted her dead. She screamed and passed out afterwards
Background For as long as she could remember, Sarine had lived in the shadow of an antique japanese style temple of which she was dressed up and oggled at as the "shrine maiden". At 13 she started loosing sleep, and collasped five times in one month at the temple gates. After this fifth time Sarine refused to go anywhere near the temple, claiming she could hear voices in her head. Really she had known about them but it was at 13 when the voices had started to terrify her, ghosts of the past, lost souls taht tormented her nightmares.

By 16 she had becoem recluse, not that she had ever been a social butterfly to begin with, but now it was worse than ever. Her mother discovered her laying ont he ground, wrists slashed three times each, no one would beleive Sarine taht she hadn't done it herelf but the spirits had. She was deemed insane and sentenced tot he sanitarium for counselling and Rehab.

Lady Lunarius

Lol stealing from my album are you Kara? :P ~Teasing~
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Karasu

nuu honest.. *shift eyes* >> and the writer helped me with the pic XD

Black Howling

Quote from: Starlequin on August 29, 2011, 04:21:49 PM
Heh, I must be insane to even consider taking on a second WoD game when im still not totally familiar with  the system, but...dear gods, me want!  :D I think i could have a CS up tonight, if thats alright?
Lay it on me. Still recruiting.

Karasu, Gonna speak to you on IMs about some things.

Lady Lunarius

Well I look forward to playing with her...I mean...um...not how that sounded *innocent look* he loves stealing from me too...he stole a few precious things I'll never get back XD like my sweet innocence >.>

if i ever had any to begin with
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Karasu

heheh hopefully I got it right now XD

Black Howling

Alright, now that I'm not rushed I'll make a more thorough post. Everyone's sheets are looking good so far. And yes, you got it right as far as I can tell Karasu. If not, I'll nudge you about it when I notice. ;) We are pretty much ready to start.

Starlequin, you can go ahead and make up your character sheet and send it over. I'd love to have you in the game. That will pretty much fill it up though. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with more then a group of five. I might let in six depending, but doubtful. So work up the sheet, and throw it at me. :-) Can't wait to see it.

Now, I'll get the OOC up and start working on some IC Action. The first post in the OOC will describe much of the situation.

Black Howling

Umm, just noticed that Luna and Karasu don't have their specializations down. So, you girls get on that for me please. Message me on YIM if you need help.

Black Howling

OOC is up. I'll have the characters thread up in a minute, then the IC thread. Move to the OOC for that info.

Wintercat

Darn, looks like I missed the start huh?

Ah well, still interested though, just been busy this week's start. If you think you'd have room for one more male (or female) character, I'll get to typing though.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

Black Howling

Quote from: Wintercat on August 30, 2011, 05:40:01 PM
Darn, looks like I missed the start huh?

Ah well, still interested though, just been busy this week's start. If you think you'd have room for one more male (or female) character, I'll get to typing though.
The male who was gonna join stopped short, and I could definitely use another. You'd be a welcome addition, as I had wanted  a full five for the game. It hasn't progressed too far at all, and you could easily jump right in.

Wintercat

Concept: Troubled Writer
Portrait:
----->
CS Link: Thomas King
Name: Thomas King
Psychological Profile: Depressed teen with Self-Destructive Impulses and Confused Body-Image
Background: (See Below)
Thomas King was sure he could become a great author in time. He found it annoying how often he got laughed at that there was already an author by the name King, and that he couldn't compete. Well, Thomas was determined to try anyway. He was often looking for ideas, even going as far as to put himself at harm's way sometimes to try and come up with inspiration for a good drama. Often, he ended up with some scrapes or bruises for his troubles, but he began to notice, little by little, that not everything about him was normal. He was not physically that imposing, not in bad health by any means but not imposing or incredible either, but he never seemed to stay hurt for every long.

What's more, he often showed up strange traits like studying just before an exam, knowing the answers and getting the perfect score in the test but then forgetting things again fairly quickly soon after. It was puzzling, until he became aware of it. He seemed to have some measure of control over his own body, both how it affected his mind and how he recovered from harm's way. He took a bit of curiosity to this, purposefully hurting himself a few times, seeing how fast his body recovered. It was not that he liked pain but he was fascinated with how he recovered, testing his limits.

His parents grew concerned though, feeling their precious little boy was turning suicidal and self-destructive. They wanted to lock him up, for his own good.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

Black Howling

Quote from: Wintercat on August 30, 2011, 07:25:44 PM
Concept: Troubled Writer
Portrait:
----->
CS Link: Thomas King
Name: Thomas King
Psychological Profile: Depressed teen with Self-Destructive Impulses and Confused Body-Image
Background: (See Below)
Thomas King was sure he could become a great author in time. He found it annoying how often he got laughed at that there was already an author by the name King, and that he couldn't compete. Well, Thomas was determined to try anyway. He was often looking for ideas, even going as far as to put himself at harm's way sometimes to try and come up with inspiration for a good drama. Often, he ended up with some scrapes or bruises for his troubles, but he began to notice, little by little, that not everything about him was normal. He was not physically that imposing, not in bad health by any means but not imposing or incredible either, but he never seemed to stay hurt for every long.

What's more, he often showed up strange traits like studying just before an exam, knowing the answers and getting the perfect score in the test but then forgetting things again fairly quickly soon after. It was puzzling, until he became aware of it. He seemed to have some measure of control over his own body, both how it affected his mind and how he recovered from harm's way. He took a bit of curiosity to this, purposefully hurting himself a few times, seeing how fast his body recovered. It was not that he liked pain but he was fascinated with how he recovered, testing his limits.

His parents grew concerned though, feeling their precious little boy was turning suicidal and self-destructive. They wanted to lock him up, for his own good.
Approved! Welcome aboard, feel free to post him up in the character archive and jump in. Both the IC and Character Archive links can be found on the first post of the OOC. Great to be gaming with you again, my friend. :-)

AndyZ

Only just noticed this game but it looks to have been pretty stuffed up already.  Still got room for more?  If not, no worries.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.