INTEREST CHECK: City of the Drow (reboot) 3.5 DnD [14/?? spots filled]

Started by Zaer Darkwail, September 29, 2011, 06:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karasu

SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

ulthakptah

Quote from: Karasu on October 09, 2011, 04:14:11 AM
Whipping.. oh yes it is his forte ;)
Your deadly skill is whipping? Mines murdering people.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Kunoichi

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on October 08, 2011, 11:53:09 AM
Yes I did see your sheet, if you saw mine you'll notice whipping isn't my forte. (My weapon master on the other hand...)  Though with spell absorption you have a decent defense against me anyway. i could have my minions beat you down but that just isn't worth the trouble.

You sure you wont submit willingly? I have all the parts a boy could want. *cackles with insane glee*

You know, sending Antimony to track down and capture a dangerous monster is probably one of the things she's normally used for...

Zaer Darkwail

I have got some peeps disappeared so there are further spots to this game.

Karasu

I'm still here, waiting for a time when I can post something useful.
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 02, 2011, 08:30:39 AM
I have got some peeps disappeared so there are further spots to this game.

Spots for what roles/positions? I need my system-game itch scratched.

inflatetress

I'm still here too...not that my character can drive the plot forward much!

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, the one who roleplayed the NPC had disappeared. Hope she shows up in following days give heads up what's going on.

Anyways we need replacement for two matron mothers, third has posted around and likely rejoins once game starts roll again.

Anyways I try slowly pick up all my games during the long weekend, I definately want continue this but want make kind of role call who all are here and look for replacements.

avorae

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 02, 2011, 11:38:00 AM
Yeah, the one who roleplayed the NPC had disappeared. Hope she shows up in following days give heads up what's going on.

Anyways we need replacement for two matron mothers, third has posted around and likely rejoins once game starts roll again.

Anyways I try slowly pick up all my games during the long weekend, I definately want continue this but want make kind of role call who all are here and look for replacements.

I tentatively would be interested in joining possibly as a matron mother if I could create my own
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

TheGlyphstone

I guess I can take over a matron mother - which ones are up for grabs?

Zaer Darkwail

Check the first page for charsheets for matron mothers; Lird'yl d'Szeossen and Phardril Lice-Drilloth.

If no one takes and grasps any matron mother, then you could create own matron mother avorae and house. I try think something catastrophic to happen in the house which would crumble it down and make room for new drow house (as I will NPC only one matron mother max).

Kunoichi

It's a pity I'm already playing a character in the game. ^^; I've actually got an idea for a Matron Mother that I think could be rather interesting, but I'm guessing it'll be a little while before I get to play that particular character concept, if I get to at all.

The basic idea involves being an evil variant Paladin...

Zaer Darkwail

Well, as I do need a matron mother badly so I could give specific special permission for you Kunoichi to run a matron mother char. Your choice abandon or keep your existing char. But naturally your char cannot work in same house as your matron mother char.

Kunoichi

Of course.  I was thinking I'd simply start up another house instead, perhaps with a business based around martial activities.  Though, it might be interesting if it was a fallen house masquerading as a mercenary company...

Anyway, as far as the bonus Matron feat goes, could I use the cohort granted by that feat to get a more powerful special mount?  I've got a backup plan that I'll probably take regardless, since the Dragon Cohort feat is pretty awesome, but I'd like to keep my options open. ^^;

Zaer Darkwail

The matron bonus feat only grants a cohort which is suitable as consort. So another drow, drider or some other powerful drow serving entity. So if you want a dragon as mount the deal is two way, if you know what I mean ;).

Snake

Yeah but having a big mount in the underdark seems a bit..... stupid if yo uask me but that's my opinion. it woujldn't fit most places.

And I had an idea for a elistraee-worshipping matron that survived a "sanctify the wicked" spell (in exalted deeds.)

Zaer Darkwail

Oh, so a big bad matron mother got ambushed by shadow knight of Eilistrae who hit her with redemption spell which changed her alignment :P. Remember that all matron mothers need be quite decent divine caster levels so no doubt Lolth would sense what happened to one her devoted.

TheGlyphstone

I'd still like to play, but as I can't come up with any good matron mother ideas and there are two already here, I'll step aside for them. :D

Kunoichi

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 06, 2011, 11:52:59 AM
The matron bonus feat only grants a cohort which is suitable as consort. So another drow, drider or some other powerful drow serving entity. So if you want a dragon as mount the deal is two day, if you know what I mean ;).

*doesn't know what you mean, actually* ^^;

Are you saying I'd be as much the dragon's cohort as it would be mine?  I think I can deal with that.  I just have to find a suitable dragon...

Edit: Or are you saying it's going to expect me to 'mount' it in more ways than one? :P

TheGlyphstone

I think he means you have to be interested in bumping uglies with a dragon...

Kunoichi

xD Well, if you'd be willing to waive some of the prerequisites on this feat that gives a dragon alternate form, I think we can manage it without needing to go into the EX section.

Though, I will admit I wouldn't mind making a separate thread in the EX section, should it come to that... :P

Edit: Hmm.  Given that the bonus HD granted for being a Paladin's mount contains the language 'The mount gains additional skill points or feats for bonus HD as normal for advancing a monster’s Hit Dice.', would it gain anything else that monsters normally get for advanced HD?  Because if so, I think that being a Paladin's mount would bump up a dragon's age category a few steps... ^^;

Edit2: Ah, and I think I just found the perfect draconic mount for an Underdark-based game.  Assuming that the bonus HD from being a Paladin's mount do advance a dragon's age category, the Hex Dragon from Dragon Magazine #343 would make an excellent mount.  I could get one of up to the Juvenile category that way, and given how dragon age categories work, my character could easily have purchased its egg in her youth and raised it herself.

Given that the personality description they're given in the magazine sounds quite a bit like a Drow, and the usual greed and lust for power all dragons tend to possess, then you could rather easily have the Hex Dragon as the real power behind the throne, with the house's holdings all seen as an extension of its hoard...

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I only allow deep dragon as potential mount but they do get alternative form quite soon in age category, but considering it's both cohort and mount I only treat him as cohort with mount benefits without extra HD. As any HD advancement your mount gets is based on what level cohort he is than your levels as paladin. But your paladin levels determine the additional abilities otherwise.

Snake

can I reasonably attempt to generate that matron I mentioned?  to at least see if it can work? *need sa new project of sorts atm*

Zaer Darkwail

Feel free create the matron and we shall see does she fit in. But as note if she was Lolth priestess the Lolth sensed when she changed camps and no doubt would had attacked her. More reasonable if she was lower graduated acolyte when it happened and she pulls of deception after killing her own mother and replace her as matron mother as it's tradition.