The Gauntlet Has Been Thrown: The Future of Superhero Movies

Started by Mathim, November 18, 2014, 02:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSithChicken

Discrete is not how I would describe melodramatically announced chapters trying to cover up the overly self indulgent masochism parade that is the Snyder Cut.

Dhi

Nevertheless they are organized into discrete chapters to accommodate watching in chunks.

TheSithChicken

Making a shorter but good movie would have been more effective means to that end.

Dhi

There's a trailer out for Suicide Squad 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuDLepNa7hw

And a release date, August 6th, also on HBO Max.

There's a major villain reveal which is a big affirmation for what I think the movie is about. I won't spoil it, but I'm excited.

TheGlyphstone

I already get a sense of Shazam more than I do Justice League, which is a definite point in its favor over the first Suicide Squad. Even Marvel movies have started taking themselves too seriously, this looks like an unapologetic goofy romp. Plus giant sharkmen tearing people in half.

TheGlyphstone

At the very least, he's willing to laugh at himself as shown by his embrace of John Cena memes. Stallone still seem to have an issue sometimes with being the butt of the joke, and the trailer devotes a lot of its runtime to him.

TheLaughingOne

My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Dhi

Another trailer for Suicide Squad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ3Ef1sGnTg

How's Loki and all? Is it worth checking out?

TheLaughingOne

"... Starfish is slang for butthole.. possible connection..?"

*entire room stares in silence* no.

*adjusts paper pad and starts writing...* no...
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

TheLaughingOne

Ive only seen first episode of loki, but quite liked it. Hoping to watch more soon and see how it goes..
My Ons and Offs!

TheGlyphstone

I'm up to Episode 3 so far, and I am also enjoying it. Hiddleston is clearly having an absolute ball being the protagonist for once, and Wilson is an excellent straight-man with his deadpan wit. That this is a legitimate way to describe Owen Wilson amazes me too.

TheLaughingOne

So, just finished The Suicide Squad, And damn i loved it. No spoilers...
But Batman SUCKS ASS at keeping his word...
And Waller can go help clean up that beach.
My Ons and Offs!

Dhi

TheLaughingOne

My Ons and Offs!

Callie Del Noire

Dhi

Doom Patrol goes full Grant Morrison with season 3 and the Brotherhood of Dada, next month.

https://youtu.be/Tybn_gP6MwM

A day after Netflix premieres Sandman, if I'm not mistaken.

It's unfortunate Swamp Thing never had the opportunity to flex its source material in the same way.

TheLaughingOne

was that a giant sharked tooth penis monster howling..........?
My Ons and Offs!

TheLaughingOne

ok. semi related to The Suicide Squad. which makes the movie even more win.

David Dastmalchian adopted a stray cat who approached him during the filming of The Suicide Squad in Panama, and costume designer Judiana Makovsky sewed a little Polka Dot Man outfit for the cat, named Bubblegum.

Source: https://twitter.com/gynoidprincess/status/1426205421447094275
My Ons and Offs!

Azy

I've seen a few of the movies that have come out in the last decade or so.  They were okay.  I wasn't much of a fan of the first Avengers movie, so I didn't watch the others.  The Iron Man movies were decent.  I saw the second on TV one evening and figured what the hell.  I wouldn't mind more of those movies.  I should probably put a disclaimer that I've never really been all that into superheroes, but watching the movies kinda started when a friend insisted on me going with her to see an X-men movie.  I like a good action movie. 

Writersblockade

Should rename this A Rage in Gotham,  because Batman looks like he's got some feelings to beat into people.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!