A interest call: 3.5 DnD Unique Devil/Demon Campaign in Hell/Abyss (closed FULL)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, December 08, 2011, 06:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleEnchantress

Nice, some of that shit is pretty scary to consider combating. I believe Zaer said that no matter what template we added we would be staying outsiders and therefore not gain undead traits.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

TheGlyphstone

Indeed.  For me, at least, the fun is in building the character, I don't expect any of us to get into more than one actual fight over the entire life of the game, because of the sheer nonsensical power of anything that could threaten us.

PaleEnchantress

One of my templates (Vampire Lord) gives me leadership as a bonus feat as well as wildshape as a level 12 druid. Since I can't actually use either one despite them both being very versatile abilities that probably play into the CR adjustment I'm willing to trade them for...

- 1 cr to the template (sure to take the bite out of the +6 cr for my vampireness), or

Summon monster IX 1/day (versatility and servants, exactly what the template originally offered), or

2 extra feats (not my Favorite, but very simple)

PS: Can I take corpsecrafting feats and have them apply to my spawn rather than raised undead?

SomeGuy

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 10, 2011, 11:22:03 AM
Don't count on it. Absolute minimum of 4 PC levels, absolute maximum of 8. Outsider HD come out of your CR allowance.

Yeah, I can always hope though.

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on December 10, 2011, 01:12:23 PM
Nice, some of that shit is pretty scary to consider combating. I believe Zaer said that no matter what template we added we would be staying outsiders and therefore not gain undead traits.

That's actually not something I had thought about, and both a good and very important point.

ShadowFox89

So, CR of 27 max, right? With 4 of that due to class levels, minimum.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: SomeGuy on December 10, 2011, 03:14:26 PM

That's actually not something I had thought about, and both a good and very important point.

Indeed. I managed to score the properties of the Elemental type from my template only because it has a specific "Elemental Traits" special quality, explicitly stated as being in addition to the base creature's traits. That only took care of critical hits, stuns, and paralysis, I'm relying on magic items for most of my other immunities.

Kunoichi

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on December 10, 2011, 01:12:23 PM

Not from a type change, perhaps, but the Demilich template actually grants undead traits separately for some reason, which is good for me. ^^

Interestingly, this means I'm healed by both positive and negative energy...

PaleEnchantress

ShadowFox89

Character concepts at this point:
Base of Skullcrusher Ogre, add in Unholy Scion, levels of some melee class (likely Warblade)
Base of Tarterian Dragon, add in Dracolich, a couple levels in a class (do Dragon PrC's count?)
Possibly some other character ideas, depending on how much time it will take to make them work.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

PaleEnchantress

Kunoichi

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on December 10, 2011, 03:39:17 PM
That's going to need some clairification to be sure.

It all hinges around the fact that 'healed by negative energy' is a general trait of the undead, but 'positive energy harms undead' is specific to a small amount of spells.  So, with undead traits but no undead type, I get the healing from negative energy, but am not harmed by positive energy.

Of course, I imagine I'll be relying on my at-will Harm for healing most of the time, anyway...

Karasu

wow.. I beleiv EI missed quite a lot o.o uhh Pale, did you help me create mine?
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

PaleEnchantress

Well we kind of got an idea of what you were doing Karasu.

Btw I'm not done but this is now my character is shaping up.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Na'Amah
Male LE Radiant Idol (Unique) Cleric 1/Master Vampire 3, Level 22 HD, Init +17, HP 229/229, Speed 30 ft. Swin 50 ft.
AC 22, Touch 22, Flat-footed 9, Fort +36, Ref +44, Will +41, Base Attack Bonus 21   
(+13 Dex, -1 Size)
Abilities (After +6 Belt) Str 35, Dex 36, Con 25, Int 30, Wis 31, Cha 48

Feats: Brand of the Nine Hells, Corpsecrafter, Undying Warriors,  Ability Focus: Aura of Divinity, Mindsight, Mark of Nessus, Quicken Spell Like Ability (Slow), Widen Aura of Divinity, Alertness (B), Persuasive (B), Lightning Reflexes (B), Iron Will (B), Improved initiative (B).

Spell-Like Abilities
1/day: (Idol) Dominate person, eyebite, hold monster, song of discord, greater teleport. (Terror Vampire): Project Image, Mislead, Programmed Image, Mirage Arcana, Seeming, Nightmare, Phantasmal Killer, Hallucinary Terrain, Displacement, Misdirection. (Phenric) Force Screen, Body Adjustment, Brain Lock, Aversion, Energy Stun, Psychic Crush, Psionic Dominate, Energy Current, Tower of Iron Will, Fission, UIltrablast. (Divine Portfolio) Mnenonic Enhancer, Break Enchantment, Anyspell

3/day: (Idol) Confusion, Greater Dispelling, Mind Fog, Slow. (Terror Vampire): Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Cause Fear, Disguise Self, Silent Image, Greater Invisability, Fear. (Phenric) Defensive Precognition, Empty Mind, Mind Thrust, Intellect Fortress, Psionic Teleport. (Divine Portfolio) Silence, Anyspell

At Will: (Idol) Alter Self, Charm Person, Dream, Heroism, Nightmare, Rage (Divine Portfolio) Mage Armor (Vampire Lord) Control Weather, Telekinesis, Fog Cloud

--

Aura of Divinity (Su): Radiant Idols are surrounded by an aura of false divinity that inspires fear and awe. Enemies within 30 ft of Na'Amah must make a -DC 42 Will- save of be affected as if by the crushing despair spell. Allies within range are affected by the Good Hope spell.

Blood Oath (Su): Na'Amah can perform a ritual
of initiation that binds cult members to his service.
The ritual forges a magical, mental bond between
Na'Amah and those mortals who participate. It
requires one day of preparation, during which time
Na'Amah must meditate and ready a room in which
the ritual will take place. The ritual itself lasts for 2
hours, plus an additional 10 minutes per mortal initiate.
If either the preparation or the ritual is interrupted,
the process is ruined and Na'Amah must start
again. Every creature in the room (and no more than
60 feet away from Na'Amah) when the ritual begins
or that enters that area during the ritual must make a
Will save (DC 40) or be affected as if by an enthrall
spell. A willing participant in the ritual takes a –4
penalty on this saving throw, while a hostile
onlooker receives a +4 bonus. After the first 2 hours
of the ritual, each initiate receives Na'Amah's individual
attention for 10 minutes, during which time the
bond between the two is formed, and the creature
becomes one of Na'Amah’s cultists. An initiate who
wishes to resist the bond can attempt a Will saving
throw (DC 45). Willing participants may voluntarily
fail their saving throws. If an initiate makes a successful
saving throw, Na'Amah is aware that the bond
was not properly formed, but this does not interrupt
the ritual.

Locate Cultists (Su): Na'Amah can use a supernatural effect similar to the Locate Creature spell to sense the location of any creature that has sworn a blood bond to him.

Scry on Cultist (Su): Na'Amah can use a scrying effect on any creature who has sworn him a blood bond as long as they are on the same plane. He can only do this once per day on any given cultist but can do it on as many cultists as he desires.

Torture Cultist (Su): Na'Amah can torture any cultists on the same plane as him. When He uses this ability the target takes a -4 penalty to Attack rolls, skill checks, and saving throws for 22 rounds. A DC 40 fort save reduces the penalties to -2.

Kill Cultist (Su): Na'Amah can kill any creature that has sworn a blood oath to him as long as they are on the same plane. The target creature much make a DC 40 Fort save or die. If the save is successful the target creature takes 3d6+10 damage instead.

Domain Powers: Na'Amah's godly portfolio is reflected through his mastery of the Spell domain. He Gains the domains granted power and can use the spells level 1-6 a set number of times per day.

Flightless (Su): Na'Amah can not fly by any means. Spells that change his form do not grant the flight aspect of his new form. Otherwise all flight granting magics within 30 ft. fail to function as if in an antimagic field. Even creatures with natural flight feel uneasy around him.

Glibness (Su): Na'Amah has a constant +30 bonus on bluff checks to convince someone he speaks the truth.

Tongues (su): Na'Amah can speak and understand all languages.

-

Blood Drain (Ex): A vampire can suck blood from a living victim with its fangs by making a successful grapple check. If it pins the foe, it drains blood, dealing 1d4+2  points of Constitution drain each round the pin is maintained. On each such successful attack, the vampire gains 5 temporary hit points.

Children of the Night (Su) Vampires command the lesser creatures of the world and once per day can call forth 1d6+1 rat swarms, 1d4+1 bat swarms, or a pack of 3d6 wolves as a standard action. (If the base creature is not terrestrial, this power might summon other creatures of similar power.) These creatures arrive in 2d6 rounds and serve Na'Amah until released. Na'Amah can sense with their senses at a distance of 10 miles.

Commanding Voice (Su): Instead of a classic Vampires Dominating gaze Na'Amah can command any number of targets within 60 ft as with the Suggestion spell. DC 40 Will save negates this effect.

Create Spawn (Su): Any creature brought to 0 con or wisdom through Na'Amah's vampire abilities rises as a vampire (never a vampire spawn) in 1d4 nights. There is no Limit to the number of spawn Na'Amah can control. Na'Amah has several unique abilities that enhance his spawn as well.

Psychic Vampire (Su): With a Successful touch or slam attack Na'Amah deals 1d6+2  wisdom drain and simultaneously gains 5 temporary hp for an hour. he can do this once per round. In addition all creatures within 10 ft. of Na'Amah take 2 wisdom drain per round (Dc 40 Will save negates) He can suppress or resume this aura as a standard action.

Vampire Repression (Su): As a free action Na'Amah can suppress all his vampire strength and weaknesses. He can do this 38 rounds per day broken up as he desires.

Telepathy 100 ft. Na'Amah can also pinpoint the location of any creature with an intelligence score that's in range of his telepathy.

More Spawn: Na'Amah can control a number of HD more of spawn equal to his cha modifier (Negated due to him having no limit)

Improved Turn Resistance: Na'Amah gains +1 turn resistance per spawn near him (negated since eh can't be turned)

Enhanced Spawn: Vampire's Na'Amah created receive a +2 bonus to strength and dexterity

Masters Chosen: One Vampire Na'Amah has created receives a +6 to Strength and Dexterity.

So Kunoichi between us we have fiend of possession and fiend of blasphemy.

SomeGuy

Hrm, cool. I don't actually know much... well, anything, about Radiant Idols. Seem pretty nifty though.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: SomeGuy on December 10, 2011, 06:01:33 PM
Hrm, cool. I don't actually know much... well, anything, about Radiant Idols. Seem pretty nifty though.

Essentially they are fallen angels who fell because in their extreme vanity they feel all mortals owe them worship. After the fall they acquired powers that allow them to blasphemously mimic the powers of gods. As part of the heavens curse upon them though they can never fly again.

Kunoichi

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on December 10, 2011, 05:56:17 PM
Well we kind of got an idea of what you were doing Karasu.

Btw I'm not done but this is now my character is shaping up.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Na'Amah
Male LE Radiant Idol (Unique) Cleric 1/Master Vampire 3, Level 22 HD, Init +17, HP 229/229, Speed 30 ft. Swin 50 ft.
AC 22, Touch 22, Flat-footed 9, Fort +36, Ref +44, Will +41, Base Attack Bonus 21   
(+13 Dex, -1 Size)
Abilities (After +6 Belt) Str 35, Dex 36, Con 25, Int 30, Wis 31, Cha 48

Feats: Brand of the Nine Hells, Corpsecrafter, Undying Warriors,  Ability Focus: Aura of Divinity, Mindsight, Mark of Nessus, Quicken Spell Like Ability (Slow), Widen Aura of Divinity, Alertness (B), Persuasive (B), Lightning Reflexes (B), Iron Will (B), Improved initiative (B).

Spell-Like Abilities
1/day: (Idol) Dominate person, eyebite, hold monster, song of discord, greater teleport. (Terror Vampire): Project Image, Mislead, Programmed Image, Mirage Arcana, Seeming, Nightmare, Phantasmal Killer, Hallucinary Terrain, Displacement, Misdirection. (Phenric) Force Screen, Body Adjustment, Brain Lock, Aversion, Energy Stun, Psychic Crush, Psionic Dominate, Energy Current, Tower of Iron Will, Fission, UIltrablast. (Divine Portfolio) Mnenonic Enhancer, Break Enchantment, Anyspell

3/day: (Idol) Confusion, Greater Dispelling, Mind Fog, Slow. (Terror Vampire): Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Cause Fear, Disguise Self, Silent Image, Greater Invisability, Fear. (Phenric) Defensive Precognition, Empty Mind, Mind Thrust, Intellect Fortress, Psionic Teleport. (Divine Portfolio) Silence, Anyspell

At Will: (Idol) Alter Self, Charm Person, Dream, Heroism, Nightmare, Rage (Divine Portfolio) Mage Armor (Vampire Lord) Control Weather, Telekinesis, Fog Cloud

--

Aura of Divinity (Su): Radiant Idols are surrounded by an aura of false divinity that inspires fear and awe. Enemies within 30 ft of Na'Amah must make a -DC 42 Will- save of be affected as if by the crushing despair spell. Allies within range are affected by the Good Hope spell.

Blood Oath (Su): Na'Amah can perform a ritual
of initiation that binds cult members to his service.
The ritual forges a magical, mental bond between
Na'Amah and those mortals who participate. It
requires one day of preparation, during which time
Na'Amah must meditate and ready a room in which
the ritual will take place. The ritual itself lasts for 2
hours, plus an additional 10 minutes per mortal initiate.
If either the preparation or the ritual is interrupted,
the process is ruined and Na'Amah must start
again. Every creature in the room (and no more than
60 feet away from Na'Amah) when the ritual begins
or that enters that area during the ritual must make a
Will save (DC 40) or be affected as if by an enthrall
spell. A willing participant in the ritual takes a –4
penalty on this saving throw, while a hostile
onlooker receives a +4 bonus. After the first 2 hours
of the ritual, each initiate receives Na'Amah's individual
attention for 10 minutes, during which time the
bond between the two is formed, and the creature
becomes one of Na'Amah’s cultists. An initiate who
wishes to resist the bond can attempt a Will saving
throw (DC 45). Willing participants may voluntarily
fail their saving throws. If an initiate makes a successful
saving throw, Na'Amah is aware that the bond
was not properly formed, but this does not interrupt
the ritual.

Locate Cultists (Su): Na'Amah can use a supernatural effect similar to the Locate Creature spell to sense the location of any creature that has sworn a blood bond to him.

Scry on Cultist (Su): Na'Amah can use a scrying effect on any creature who has sworn him a blood bond as long as they are on the same plane. He can only do this once per day on any given cultist but can do it on as many cultists as he desires.

Torture Cultist (Su): Na'Amah can torture any cultists on the same plane as him. When He uses this ability the target takes a -4 penalty to Attack rolls, skill checks, and saving throws for 22 rounds. A DC 40 fort save reduces the penalties to -2.

Kill Cultist (Su): Na'Amah can kill any creature that has sworn a blood oath to him as long as they are on the same plane. The target creature much make a DC 40 Fort save or die. If the save is successful the target creature takes 3d6+10 damage instead.

Domain Powers: Na'Amah's godly portfolio is reflected through his mastery of the Spell domain. He Gains the domains granted power and can use the spells level 1-6 a set number of times per day.

Flightless (Su): Na'Amah can not fly by any means. Spells that change his form do not grant the flight aspect of his new form. Otherwise all flight granting magics within 30 ft. fail to function as if in an antimagic field. Even creatures with natural flight feel uneasy around him.

Glibness (Su): Na'Amah has a constant +30 bonus on bluff checks to convince someone he speaks the truth.

Tongues (su): Na'Amah can speak and understand all languages.

-

Blood Drain (Ex): A vampire can suck blood from a living victim with its fangs by making a successful grapple check. If it pins the foe, it drains blood, dealing 1d4+2  points of Constitution drain each round the pin is maintained. On each such successful attack, the vampire gains 5 temporary hit points.

Children of the Night (Su) Vampires command the lesser creatures of the world and once per day can call forth 1d6+1 rat swarms, 1d4+1 bat swarms, or a pack of 3d6 wolves as a standard action. (If the base creature is not terrestrial, this power might summon other creatures of similar power.) These creatures arrive in 2d6 rounds and serve Na'Amah until released. Na'Amah can sense with their senses at a distance of 10 miles.

Commanding Voice (Su): Instead of a classic Vampires Dominating gaze Na'Amah can command any number of targets within 60 ft as with the Suggestion spell. DC 40 Will save negates this effect.

Create Spawn (Su): Any creature brought to 0 con or wisdom through Na'Amah's vampire abilities rises as a vampire (never a vampire spawn) in 1d4 nights. There is no Limit to the number of spawn Na'Amah can control. Na'Amah has several unique abilities that enhance his spawn as well.

Psychic Vampire (Su): With a Successful touch or slam attack Na'Amah deals 1d6+2  wisdom drain and simultaneously gains 5 temporary hp for an hour. he can do this once per round. In addition all creatures within 10 ft. of Na'Amah take 2 wisdom drain per round (Dc 40 Will save negates) He can suppress or resume this aura as a standard action.

Vampire Repression (Su): As a free action Na'Amah can suppress all his vampire strength and weaknesses. He can do this 38 rounds per day broken up as he desires.

Telepathy 100 ft. Na'Amah can also pinpoint the location of any creature with an intelligence score that's in range of his telepathy.

More Spawn: Na'Amah can control a number of HD more of spawn equal to his cha modifier (Negated due to him having no limit)

Improved Turn Resistance: Na'Amah gains +1 turn resistance per spawn near him (negated since eh can't be turned)

Enhanced Spawn: Vampire's Na'Amah created receive a +2 bonus to strength and dexterity

Masters Chosen: One Vampire Na'Amah has created receives a +6 to Strength and Dexterity.

So Kunoichi between us we have fiend of possession and fiend of blasphemy.

Nice. ;D Though, one thing I should note that the Fiend of Blasphemy has over the Radiant Idol is that it can actually grant spells to clerics.  I'm guessing it would be difficult to work levels of that prestige class in at this point, though.

Now all we need is a Fiend of Corruption on our team, and we'll have the full triumvirate. ;D

SomeGuy

I was actually thinking about seeing if I could work it so I could qualify for that. Rogue isn't really something I want so much as something that works alright.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Kunoichi on December 10, 2011, 07:30:19 PM
Nice. ;D Though, one thing I should note that the Fiend of Blasphemy has over the Radiant Idol is that it can actually grant spells to clerics.  I'm guessing it would be difficult to work levels of that prestige class in at this point, though.

Now all we need is a Fiend of Corruption on our team, and we'll have the full triumvirate. ;D

Im still going to get a fiend of possession cohort one way or another. Create spawn is a powerful recruitment method.

Kunoichi

True.  And doubling up on Fiends of Possession should allow you to get quite the awesome set of bonuses...  One for you, and one for a weapon or shield of your choice. ^^

ShadowFox89

Final setup will be looking like this, if the DM allows:

Very Old Red Dragon (CR21) +  6 levels of Dragon Ascendant

The goal is to hit 12 levels of Dragon Ascendant, with the capstone becoming a quasi-deity.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

Hmm.  If you'd like to work in two extra levels of Dragon Ascendant, you could be an Ancient Black Dragon (CR 19) instead...

ShadowFox89

It's very tempting. That gives me maximum hitpoints and DR 20/epic, in addition to everything else.

My setup seems to be the simplest one between everyone.... Seems to be a common thing in games I join >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

xD Perhaps, but with the right feat and spell choices, you can still be pretty dangerous.

Hmm.  Having looked through Complete Arcane again, I can't help but want to do something with an Elemental Monolith.  They're all CR 17 and 36 HD, and they're gargantuan in size, so some rather interesting things could be done with one...