INTEREST CHECK: City of the Drow (3.5) [LOOKING FOR PLAYERS]

Started by Krayz, September 08, 2011, 05:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esclavage

That thought hadn't occured to me.  But if Angelic Blade and ulthakptah are up for the idea, I would be willing to run with it.   :-). The dread fang I get from Drow Matron can be a high level mook.  And that means I would take Angelic Blade in my House and Chloe can be part of Lice-Drilloth.

Also, how will the gold from Houses be used?  I am choosing to put 50,000 gp of my own personal gold in it so I would he interested in knowing if we can use it for more than expenses of maintaining the House.  Like a house fund and stipend for poisons, potions, wands, etc to those under my House and of course for myself.   ;D

And I like Medical Miracle's breakdown for followers and will use that as a template later during the week.

I saw pale kings and princes too // Pale warriors, death-pale were they all;
They cried—“La Belle Dame sans Merci hath thee in thrall!”  -- John Keats, 1884 

Writing Drabbles - Sampler Platter
Plot Ideas -  Darkstalkers, League of Legends, Drow, X-Men, Avengers, Pokemon!!!
Posting Order -  Check Here If You Write With Me!

Snake

It all sounds like a good idea and esclavage: I can get behind that idea that your matron is in fact my half-breed's biological mother. I wonder how THAT would play out in terms of relationship. His spellfire might be apoint of pride for her or a point of shame depending on how you want to play it out.  That's the redeeming factor to any of the drow as normally half-drow are ranked under male drow: superior to other races but still below the full bred.

ulthakptah

I'm though snake's character was in the other house. I think that makes the mother son relationship a bad one.

Anyway I don't mind if I get preferential treatment over her current consort. I kind of had the intentions of winning more affection from her than she give to her full blooded drow males by being the best spy/assassin I could be.

Snake

Haha probably, but it's up to her to decide how to handle that situation> :3

esclavage

Well, how I imagine it is Lird'yl is unaware that Snake is her son.  Like he should have been killed but wasn't.  Or is someone she never expected to see again.  So something qute antagnostic if and when we choose to reveal that plot point since his allegiance is with Lird-Drilloth.  Because it seemed too good not to play it.  The reason being is I plan on Lird'yl to be hedonistic even for drow standards.  So she has had a number of lovers and birthed a number of children, not all pure drow though she generally kills the half-drow or sells them as slaves.

And for ulthakptah, I like the idea and think it is why your character has caught my Matron's eye due to his skill even if he isn't pure drow.  Though I am wary of pitting you and Angelic Blade against one another without his consent.  If he'd rather not be involved, then I can use my original idea of my dread fang cohort versus your Daring Outlaw.  :-)

To that same end, do you want one of the bedroom suites in the ground floor?  It is either that or the barracks with the other common drow.

I saw pale kings and princes too // Pale warriors, death-pale were they all;
They cried—“La Belle Dame sans Merci hath thee in thrall!”  -- John Keats, 1884 

Writing Drabbles - Sampler Platter
Plot Ideas -  Darkstalkers, League of Legends, Drow, X-Men, Avengers, Pokemon!!!
Posting Order -  Check Here If You Write With Me!

Snake

Though like it was said: she could find out with that "discern bloodline" spell or a high level divination. But if he found out first; he'd probably attack her to get her attention to demand to know why. Foolish sure, but aggression first is what he's been conditioned for.

Just do everyone knows: I've given him a "birthname" as well "Dinirahc" is his "slave" name (Meaning Berserk DRagon/Wyrm) while his birthname means "Dusk Killer/Assassin"

ulthakptah

For fun I think I'll live in the barracks, and when I want to sleep in a comfy bed I'll just sneak into the matron's.

Snake

AngelicBlade

Right well, I'd like to disclaim that I'm not part of a house as of yet, I'm a weapon maker/master that makes weapons for any who can pay for them. :D

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: AngelicBlade on September 28, 2011, 03:48:13 PM
Right well, I'd like to disclaim that I'm not part of a house as of yet, I'm a weapon maker/master that makes weapons for any who can pay for them. :D

Ahaa, that case need lil edit on your gear so I get coin for your magic forge and also own house/forge workshop (and perhaps add able to craft armors too and bit profession:blacksmithing). Anyways expect rain of offers as to be weapon master 6 your fairly quite famous (at least in local arena maybe where you have visited when business has been low to get coin by advertising gear you self-crafted for non-magic weapon matches).

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, finished now with AngelicBlade's char. He has two magic forges which give him +20 craft weaponsmithing and armorsmithing, has ring of sustenance (so he doubles per day result for crafting his armor and weapons before taking -10 or -20 for his craft checks). Also added bag of holding for storage utility and spend +6K for his workshop plus a one employee who can do aid another craft check for his products (so his total mod is +30).

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=332156

Anyways I will open the brand new recruit thread where there in first posts all charsheets (done or under process) are placed along with matron mothers house/follower info.

What comes to matron mothers running the business I use DMG II pg180 formula for it. As said each matron mother has one major business and two lesser ones. The given gold numbers for major one is multiplied by 1,000 (so 50gp = 50,000gp per profit check). While two secondary checks are multiplied by 100 (50gp = 5,000gp). This is your monthly income which is rolled once and it uses modifiers as shown in that section.

However some matron mothers formulas may not fit to any existing business modules so I build them for them. Example Lird'yl has high risk business module so we roll two business events per month and gold gain is based on that (blackmail, information gathering and selling are highly risky which can backfire badlym, gold lost can be ressurection services from church or fines to appease offended house who succeed outplay one your agents and so on).

But as note matron mothers do not need pay the cost establish the business; all matron mothers business have been established a good while ago. But they can freely establish further businesses if they so wish (and could be very smart thing to do as it increases house income).

But note; if you fail profit check going under 25, then you loose lots of gold too. So if somereason there is bad event in major business and your check does not hit 25 mark, your accounts go to minus side quite badly (as per point decreases your gold by -50,000gp, so making 20 check = -250,000gp from house gold). As note the main skill check for any business you take 10 (you cannot take 20). Also matron mothers should use their cohorts or PC's as helpful experts in business if possible.

But also these business events give a flowing chart where to draw adventures, events where PC's can be involved and it also matters personally to them as if matron looses gold then guess to whom's pockets she takes it first :P.

Zaer Darkwail

Here is the rebooted recruit thread (with nice first page with all collected info) folks, so post there and continue discussion in there :).

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=120586.0

Karasu

Hey Posting up my itnerest and I'm working on a character sheet

Would love to be a member of one of the houses, if they don't mind a shy drow.

Ahh fro the record I've never played a drow before, but I'm rolling up two charactesr for cnsideration, a male and female made with no house name as of yet.
Removed, due to vandalism.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, do you know anything about drow culture or would you like tour of it? Anyways there is little difference between noble caste drow and commoners.

Also that in either direction women are top; meaning males are viewed to be below females and males are always second to females.

Karasu

Removed, due to vandalism.