Thinking of running again: D&D, or Maid? [Humanoid Bondage/Consensual]

Started by kongming, August 01, 2011, 06:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SomeGuy

I don't particularly agree with how they did firearms, but that's how it is.

As for why people started using them, most people aren't going to have the BAB to make multiple attacks and you'd generally want to take a shot then get behind cover anyways, so spending the time behind cover reloading isn't a loss. The damage is way better, comparing a military rifle to a longbow the damage is 2d8 instead of 1d8, with a 19-20/x3 crit instead of just x3 and the range increment is double that of a longbow. The Serricsteel Military Rifle and Vanar Liberator are even better then a military rifle.

On a more helpful note, what about the Balanced Multi-barrel with a Ghordson Breechlock? (54 of LM)

frost rose

I suppose that's fair enough. I'm having severe problems mostly because most of my damage will be coming out of various bonuses that stack onto every attack, which only start growing rapidly at higher levels, and because I can have multiple attacks a round, same issue. Neither would be a serious issue up to level 5 or so at least.

And I checked into it, and basically it's the same problem—a single standard action reload means I quarter my ROF, and two or higher do even worse things to it. I'd need basically to have a magazine that takes a swift action to reload, or a standard action but with a proportionally deeper magazine.

I would consider doing this anyways if it were a very easy-going campaign, or if I were doing a solo and the GM were willing to ease back on the challenge to accommodate for a campaign flavour. But as it stands, with the rest of the party including things like combat oriented mages and steamjacks, well... yeah.
There was a SIGNATURE here.

It's gone now.

SomeGuy

Hrm, I'm out of ideas then. Beyond DM intervention I can't really think of anything that would help, sorry.  :-(

frost rose

Quote from: SomeGuy on August 27, 2011, 06:22:06 PM
Hrm, I'm out of ideas then. Beyond DM intervention I can't really think of anything that would help, sorry.  :-(

It's appreciated anyways. <3

I honestly kind of figured this would end up being the case since as cool as a gunslinger motif would be, once I started actually looking at the numbers it doesn't really hold up. I'm super reluctant to go bow use since, well, it really doesn't fit the mood, to my mind. I mean, runed magic duster, excessive numbers of belts, knee high boots, and shortbow? Come on. Hopefully I'll have this all retooled towards melee quickly.
There was a SIGNATURE here.

It's gone now.

TheGlyphstone

It's a kinda sad phenomenon, Paizo did it to with their guns...people want firearms in their fantasy games, but the designers don't want to 'spoil' the bows/crossbows ideal of a fantasy setting, so they make official gun rules that are awful and say 'here you go, stop complaining'. Paizo's Ultimate Combat does have a revolver, though.

EDIT: This just in - IK does have a revolver. Specifically, it has exactly four revolvers - one prototype and three production models, unless you go to the gunsmith who invented it and ask him to make you one. It's called the Radliff Firestorm, made by the same guy who invented the hand cannon, quad-iron pistol, and Long-gunner rifle. This gun didn't catch on, though, because the specially made ammunition was too expensive.

Summary:
Has a 5-round magazine, with a swift action needed to slide the next bullet into place. A full-round action to replace the magazine. Does 2d6/x3/70ft./piercing, and costs 6,000GP to commission one from Radliff Burke himself, but comes with 3 ammo clips free.

Ixy

I just think they want to keep the game balanced.  Pathfinder did a good job with the gunslinger class, and Kong's already indicated that she wants the setting to be early-guns only. 

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Ixy on August 27, 2011, 07:17:21 PM
I just think they want to keep the game balanced.  Pathfinder did a good job with the gunslinger class, and Kong's already indicated that she wants the setting to be early-guns only.

The problem is that 'balanced' would mean guns equal in effectiveness to bows/crossbows - if they're universally stronger, that's obviously bad, but if they're universally weaker, why print them in the first place? PF guns are awful unless you're the sole class who gets class features to bring them up to par.

Still, the Firestorm is the only canon revolver design in the IK (which makes you wonder what Caine is carrying, those are obviously revolvers on his model), so it's either get Kong to approve you commissioning one or...I dunno.

Ixy

I'm not getting into that argument again. I swore I wouldn't.

Kunoichi

Quote from: frost rose on August 27, 2011, 06:33:28 PM
It's appreciated anyways. <3

I honestly kind of figured this would end up being the case since as cool as a gunslinger motif would be, once I started actually looking at the numbers it doesn't really hold up. I'm super reluctant to go bow use since, well, it really doesn't fit the mood, to my mind. I mean, runed magic duster, excessive numbers of belts, knee high boots, and shortbow? Come on. Hopefully I'll have this all retooled towards melee quickly.

Hmm.  As I recall, there's a first- or second-level spell called Cloud of Knives in one of the books that might allow you to stick to range.  Then there are things like the Lesser Orb series of spells, which could also work well for you.  They'd allow you to stack some pretty decent damage onto single shots...

kongming

O-kaaaay, a few things to answer here:

1. Crafting is going to be something that can happen, certainly. But yes, the real drawback to it is that it takes time, and that's something you won't always have (but then again, sometimes you might literally be on a ship for a week). Also of course, crafting magic items can be dangerous, whereas crafting mechanikal items does not have those risks.

2. The feat is fine for Crafting - you can pick Magic and Mechanikal Items to be able to Craft with it, you can even mix and match.

3. Agreed, for people who get bonus damage, multiple attacks is better than single high-damage attacks. My actual suggestion for most Sneak Attackers is to use Acid flasks. The damage is minimal, but you make ranged touch attacks (easy to hit). And if you use Sneak Attack, you don't mind having low base damage. Not to mention that, if you can get someone to cast Fire Trap (or if you can do it), you can Fire-Trap the flask. If an enemy opens it (such as by having it smashed against his face), the fire erupts on him.

Not sure if having bottles and vials strapped to the belts diminishes or enhances the image you're going for, though. And if you get subject to events that cause them to burst (there's a chance if you take falling damage or get caught in an explosion that one will go off, doing minor damage and ruining clothes), then you can bet I will pick ones to leave damage in the most inconvenient parts of the clothing.

I will be sticking with the incredible rarity of revolvers though - but most guns can come in double-barrel varieties. So it allows two shots before needing to reload, but that still does put a strong limit on how many bullets can be unleashed in a fight.

Did I miss any questions/comments/insults/jokes?
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

SomeGuy

I'm pretty sure Cain is using a Breech-loaded military pistol, he just has a bunch of levels in gunmage.

TheGlyphstone

Well, if the Firestorm revolver is off-limits then, the best option I can think of is dual-wielding double-barreled pistols, taking the Rapid Reload feat to make it 1 move action/barrel instead of 1 standard/barrel, and being able to reliably roll a DC18 Craft (Small Arms) check so you can load two barrels in a single action. That'd let you fire 2/turn, every turn, or 4/turn if dual-wielding and then spend a turn reloading.

Also, here's my cohort - instead of being a Wrench Wench, she's a frumpy, fussy, uptight librarian-priestess. Very much not a frontline combatant, for all that she can (if needed) rip boulders from the earth and throw them at someone's face. The makeup is kinda out of place, but it was the only good picture of a red-haired librarian with glasses I could find.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Preceptor Marana
Human Cloistered Cleric 5/Preceptor of Cyriss 3
Medium Female Humanoid (Human, Midlunder)
HD: 5d6+3d4+16 (47 HP)
Init: +1
Speed: 25ft.
Armor Class: 16 (+4 armor, +2 Dex), touch 12, flat-footed 14
BAB/Grapple: +4/+3
Attack: Masterwork Mechanoflail +4 melee (1d8-1/x2)
Space/Reach: 5ft./5ft.
Special Attacks: Body Control 1/day, Halt Construct 9/day, Turn Gremlins 3/day
Special Qualities:Faithcasting (Repair Light Damage, Repair Medium Damage, Repair Serious Damage, Repair Critical Damage, Ghost Touch Armor, Ghost Touch Weapon), Divine Arcana (Bombardment, Fly), Astrometry: Calder’s Boon 3/day, Pain of Healing (128/day, Neutral)
Saves: Fortitude +9, Reflex +4, Will +7
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 20/23, Wis 12, Cha 11
Skills: Concentration +13, Craft (Alchemy) +16, Craft (Armorsmithing) +16, Craft (Blacksmithing) +16, Craft (Clockwork) +16, Craft (Mechanika) +29 (10 ranks), Craft (Small Arms) +16, Craft (Steam Engine) +16, Craft (Tools) +16, Craft (Weaponsmithing) +16, Decipher Script +20 (11 ranks),Knowledge (Arcana) +13, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +13, Knowledge (Geography) +13, Knowledge (History) +16, Knowledge (Mechanika) +23, Knowledge (Nature) +13, Knowledge (Religion) +17, Search +17 (11 ranks), Spellcraft +17, Speak Language +11
Feats: Faithcasting (B), Religious Scholar, Fantastic Crafting [Tome, Skill], Cryptographer [Tome, Skill], Investigator [Tome, Skill]
Equipment: Bag of Infinite Coal+Bottle of Infinite Water, Headband of Intelligence +3, Grafted Mechanikal Leg, Goggles of Unseen Vision
Languages: Aeric, Cygnaran, Caspian, Gobberish, Infernal, Khadoran, Llaelese, Molgur, Ordic, Rhulic (spoken and written), Satyxi, Shyr (spoken and written), Skorne, Sulese
Alignment: True Neutral

Faithcasting Limitations: Must spend an hour each day pondering an unsolved enigma or puzzle, must spend half of her skill points each level on Craft, Knowledge, or Gather Information. Spell Mastered 6 spells.

Cryptographer
-Can decipher scrolls without Read Magic at DC20+spell level
-Can read or view magic traps without triggering them, disable them using Decipher Script, read a Secret page at DC25

Investigator
-Can detect traps as a Rogue
-Can search 10ft-10ft square in one full-round action
-Automatically detect magical auras in the searched area

Fantastic Crafter:
-Can apply the highest bonus you have to Craft towards any Craft skill with at least one rank in it
-Gain Item Creation bonus feats (Craft Cerebral Matrix, Craft Cyriss-Tech, Craft Mechanikal Construct,  Craft Mechanikal Prosthetic, Craft Wondrous Item, Etch Rune Plate)

Goggles of Unseen Vision:
Tiny Avatar Clock= 500 GP
Medium Devotional Engine =200 GP
Alchemical Goggles = 4,800 GP
See Invisibility Rune Plate = 3,300 GP

Mechanikal Leg:
Limb = 500 GP (crafted)
Tiny Avatar Clock=500 GP
Medium Devotional Engine=200 GP

Prepared Spells (Knowledge, Mechanika, Travel)

0th: Amanuensis x2, Detect Magic x2, Read Magic x2
1st: Bless, Bane, Cure Light Wounds x2, Magic Vestment, Shield of Faith, Scramble (D)
2nd: Close Wounds x2, Cure Moderate Wounds x2, Lesser Restoration, Detect Cortex (D)
3rd: Mass Aid, Mass Resist Energy, Cure Serious Wounds, Fly, Overdrive (D)
4th: Bombardment, Mass Shield of Faith, Cure Critical Wounds, Dimension Door (D)

SomeGuy

Updated Sheet
Name: Mara Ryland
Race: Human (Thurian)
Class: Marshall 1/Warmage 1/Eldritch Knight 5/Warcaster 3
Languages: Cygnaran, Ordic, Caspian, Khadoran, Khurzic, Llaelese
Physical Appearance:

Speed: 30ft (55ft in armor)

AbilityBaseTotal
Strength1010
Constitution1313
Dexterity1010
Wisdom88
Intelligence2226
Charisma1414

HP: 54 (1d12 + 9d6 + 10)
AC: 28 (+15 Armor, +3 Shield)

Feats: Combat Casting, Iron Will, Command, Intelligent Fighter
Bonus Feats: Subtle Magic, Mage Slayer

Special Abilities: Battle Shout, Healing Injuries, Inspire Bravery, Elemental Exchange, Familiar, Martial Focus, Somatic Skill, Arcane Strike, Channel Spell, Enduring Spell, Warcaster Focus, Journeyman Training

BAB: +8
Base Saves: +7 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will
Adjusted Saves: +8 Fort, +6 Reflex, +14 Will

SkillRanks  Total
Concentration1314
Craft (Mechanika)513
Diplomacy913
Heal43
Intimidate1012
'Jack Handling43
Knowledge (History)1321
Knowledge (Arcana)1321
Listen109
Search210
Survival54
Spellcraft1323
Spot1312

Attacks: Caspian Battleblade +20/+15 (2d4+5d6+4/x3)

Armor: Mechanikal Warcaster Adamantine Carapace of Mind Shielding

Arcane Turbine: Provides 8 Charges per round
Power Field Generator: ?? (cost dependent with no apparent limit) 1 Charge
Mechanikal Assist: Speed +35ft, 7 Charges

Major Equipment: Caspian Battleblade of Sharpness, Goggles of Intelligence, Ring of Sustenance, Firebox of Perpetual Motion (firebox that conjures water and coal for itself), Crystal Shield

Lesser Equipment: Frame Backpack, 2 Small Magnets, Tent, Bedroll, Masterwork Manacles w/ Amazing Lock, Mirror, 100ft of silk rope, 10 sunrods, 15 days of trail rations, 30ft of chain

Money: 1,000

Spells
Level  Per Day

History
Born in Bastion city, Mara was born to the Ryland family who had served in the city guard for generations, though recently some had begun seeking out a Letter or Marquis. They were a large family, though not nobles. The Ryland family has long held the 'outsiders' in disdain, seeing their city as not just the Bastion of Arcane but the true bastion of civilization and equality. They see the lands as being locked in a forever repeating cycle of catastrophes and betrayals, the Protectorate of Menoth in particular is reviled along with the Orgoth, which the Ryland family has kept the stories of for generations. For over 400 years Ryland children were brought up on horror stories of the Orgoth and the fact that they had merely been driven off and while the kingdoms continue to squabble the Orgoth have been rebuilding and studying the technologies that had been used to drive them out. They don't have any actual proof, but even the most disbelieving Ryland have conceded it was possible and the idea had a solid standing in logic.

Mara was always fascinated with the legends of Dragons, the tale of the Dragon Father wiping out an entire Orgoth fleet with such ease they didn't dare send another was intended as a prime example of power being in the hands of the irresponsible. Instead Mara took away a something different, I want power like that

Under the rule of King Vinter the Ryland family suffered a number of losses, their views on authority while not widely known were out there and the ever increasing paranoia of Vinter and the activity of the secret police resulted with a large number of family members disappearing. Combined with the ever increasing activity of the Cryx pirates and corresponding increase of activity by the Cygnaran navy which had a major presence in Ceryl resulted in a tense, if eventful, childhood. The Ryland family decided to stay in the guard as they feared the sudden withdrawal would only cause the rest of the family to disappear.

The defeat of Vinter at his brother's hands was welcome news, and the few surviving members of the Ryland family while grateful for Leto's actions were leery of the government. With the Letter's of Marquis as an option, most of the surviving family members sought to gain one though some stayed with the guard and some were unable to obtain a Letter and returned to the guard.

Despite the families misgivings about the government when she was old enough Mara entered service to the guard. She served for only a single tour before she began studying the arcane, which was far more accessible in Ceryl then almost anywhere else due to the strong presence of arcane orders and the acceptance of wizards by the population.

Intelligent Fighter and Subtle Magic are both from the Tome Repository, Big Feat Thread and [Metamagic] Feats Thread respectively.

For my cohort I've actually been thinking about going with a Tome class, I really like that stuff. I don't really want to step on anyone's toes though, and after looking at classes stats along with what sort of implications there would be from the skill set.... I'm currently considering Warlock, thought about Curator for a bit but decided it was a bit to priestly. A descendant of someone who bargained with an infernal that is, not someone who dealt with them.

Edit- I can't really think of anything I want to buy, so I guess I'll just keep the 10k as jewels or something. With that, everything is done though I will write up a bit of back story for my cohort at some point.

Name: Lorna Lynch
Race: Human (Caspian)
Class: Warlock 8
Languages: Cygnaran
Fiendish Taint: Stands unnaturally still when not paying attention, shark-like teeth, slitted purple eyes, obviously enjoys blood meat

Speed: 30ft

AbilityBaseTotal
Strength1010
Constitution1010
Dexterity1515
Wisdom1212
Intelligence1010
Charisma2222

HP: 28 (8d6)
AC: 26 (+2 Dex, +8 Armor, +6 Shield)

Feats: Point Blank Shot, Heighten Spell-Like Ability,  Greater Teleport
Bonus Feats: Con Artist, Breath Weapon (Disintegrate)

Special Abilities: Eldritch Blast, Fiendish Similarities, Call Fiends, Hellfire Blast, Damage Reduction 4/Stone

BAB: +6/+1
Base Saves: +2 Fort, +6 Reflex, +6 Will
Adjusted Saves: +2 Fort, +8 Reflex, +7 Will

SkillRanks  Total
Bluff1117
Concentration1111
Spellcraft1111
Spot1112
Use Magic Device1711

Magic Equipment: Gith Armor, Force Shield

Mundane Equipment:

Money: 10k

Sphere    Access
DustExpert

Save DC: 20

TheGlyphstone

Gotta get you another Warcaster level ASAP...can't give a 'Jack focus until Warcaster 4, but when you can, holy crap will I be an unholy killing machine. Till then, I guess only you get to be an unholy killing machine...throw your entire spell allotment at something and for a turn, you get 170 bonus attacks at +20+2d6+1d20, dealing 2d4+5d6+2d6+4 each.

Never mind. They did put a cap on the number of points you can spend for extra attacks....good thing, really. So for 1 5th level slot a turn, you can have 4 bonus attacks and +2d6 hit/+2d6 damage to all of your 6 attacks that turn.

Kunoichi

...Huh.  So, if I take the Knock Down combat feat from here, does the effective size increase from that stack with the size increase from Juggernaut?  It says it stacks with all similar abilities, so I think it does...

SomeGuy

kongming

Warlock is fine - just be aware that this means the Infernals won't be happy ("Humans, stealing our power to use?") - but you'll end up fighting them anyway, so no big deal. Also, you might not want to advertise it too much in regular society.

Knock Down does indeed stack with Juggernaut.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:

SomeGuy

Alright, sounds good. I'll finish everything up and have the completed sheets later today.

How are we doing HP? It looks like Glyph rolled, but I don't remember you actually specifying a method.

TheGlyphstone

SomeGuy

Huh. I thought you had rolled.... poorly at that. My mistake.

Kunoichi

Well, I've got my character as complete as she'll ever be.  ^^

kongming

First Hit Die: Max
After that: half round up, half round down, half round up, half round down (etc)

Ons/Offs: