Titan Dream || Space Exploration - Interest Thread || 2 New Positions!

Started by la dame en noir, July 26, 2016, 02:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CurvyKitten

Delilah Rose Druitt
Played By Curvykitten
Engineer

Delilah Rose Druitt was and always has been something beyond a normal young woman. Even before she was born, she was special. Granted that was for reasons that her parents would have loved to avoid, her parents both leaders in their chosen fields. Her mother a brilliant doctor Helen Magnus, and her father an equally brilliant yet farm far more cocky engineer John Druitt. They were excited to know that they were about to bring a small life into the world they were helping to shape. But it seemed that fate wanted to test their devotion as Delilah attempted to come into the world far too early. Thankfully modern technology stepped in and with her parents and their teams they were able to hold off her birth. But it was clear she would still need help once she was brought into the world. So her parents set to work to create what she would need to survive.

Modern technology was an amazing thing of course, but Delilah was still very fragile when she was born. Her parents went to work the moment she was born. Using biotech they had developed for her, this technology opened new advancements that are still in use today. But Delilah is the original and most detailed creation they ever managed to pull off. The original blueprint for technology that has touched areas. Some ranging from modern medicine, to how humans survive lengthy space travel, and even the military.

For the first several years of her life Delilah's weaker systems were supported by outward machines as her parents finished the nano tech that would soon restore and strengthen her system enough to allow her to live freely in their ever evolving world. When she was old enough Delilah underwent a well-planned surgery. They replaced her weakened organs with bioengineer ones. The main one being her heart, they also placed their finally developed nano machines into her blood stream. They would maintain her replaced organs and strength her other systems as she grew up. Other unforeseen developments such as a healing factor, a seemingly unphasable immune system, and a highly active metabolism.

This surgery changed everything for Delilah. She went from a nearly bed ridden little girl. A small, fragile bit of life that lost herself in learning and books of fantasy and travel. The dreams of her future finally seemed to be possible as she grew stronger. Her stunted growth and other health issues were quickly corrected. And the ever smiling and determined girl finally got her chance to fly.

Once Delilah was allowed to run free to speak, she embraced the world like no other. She was of course as intelligent as her parents, that much was easily apparent at a young age even before the surgery. But her boldness and creative nature only grew as she was allowed to truly explore the world...or in this day and age worlds around her. She never met a stranger she didn't know, or a challenge she wasn't ready to face head on. Puzzles were her fun, and creating something new was her passion.

Her parents always said the only things that were ever truly impossible were the things you were too afraid to try. As mad as they sometimes sounded they proved time and time again that sometimes being bold enough to a mad scientist gave birth to the greatest of inventions. Delilah was living proof of this and she intended to continue to prove that.

Delilah quickly advanced through her schooling, even with her series of discipline issues. It wasn't that she went out of her way to break rules, and she never hurt anyone...well at least no one beyond herself and a few labs caught in the crossfire. She bent the rules on what most thought possible, and challenged those that said she was wrong. With the academy, she was known for three things beyond just her family name. How to have fun, how to think outside the box, and her unique sense of self that always had her standing out of any crowd she found herself in.

When word got out about the need for a crew for the Titan Dream, Delilah of course applied with her parents’ consent. There were concerns due to some of her more interesting run ins with the rules. But she had outstanding recommendations from her teachers and had a few interesting developments already designed for the ship. All of which made it hard to say no, so of course they didn't. Delilah was beyond excited, each day that passed only making her more eager. Her chance to fly, her chance to see the universe, her chance to have the life she spent so many years dreaming about was just before her.

Connections: OPEN TO LINKS, FEEL FREE TO PM
O/O:Delilah isn't afraid to get a little freaky, she is no virgin but she doesn't just fall in bed with everyone she meets. Open minded she doesn't really slip herself into on sexual orientation or another. But if one must really receive a label it would be pansexual. She is attracted to the mind first, and no that doesn't mean you have to some super genius either. Challenge her way of thinking, help her see things she hasn't, and keep up with he cheeky demeanor and your already ahead of the game.

Ons: Open and an ever growing list

Offs: vore, gore, bathroom stuff, extreme pain or marring of her body, feet (others feet if you wanna snuggle hers ok but be warned she's ticklish and very wiggly), bad smells, bestiality,

Sorry I sent the sheet to you la dame, hit the send button instead of the post one LOL....I SORRY~ looks all cute at you~

Alcandre

Quote from: la dame en noir on July 28, 2016, 04:00:43 PM
You're literally sitting right behind me..

Yes >.> lol

OK

So now I need a First Mate/Second in Command and a Mechanic! :D

I was just trying to be polite!  :P

Aida Rose

Delilah looks adorable!

Quote from: la dame en noir on July 28, 2016, 04:00:43 PM
You're literally sitting right behind me..

Yes >.> lol

OK

So now I need a First Mate/Second in Command and a Mechanic! :D

I'm lmao'ing my ass off at the sitting behind.

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Aida Rose

That's what makes it great lol!

How does the Academy work, vaguely? Like is it a college type deal and does it cost money? Also, is everything cool between the Shoska and Humans or is there some residual mistrust sometimes? For what it's worth, I'm not looking for an excuse to make a bigot. Just wondering. Sorry if it's in the world building thread and I missed it.

la dame en noir

Quote from: Aida Rose on July 28, 2016, 04:16:25 PM
That's what makes it great lol!

How does the Academy work, vaguely? Like is it a college type deal and does it cost money? Also, is everything cool between the Shoska and Humans or is there some residual mistrust sometimes? For what it's worth, I'm not looking for an excuse to make a bigot. Just wondering. Sorry if it's in the world building thread and I missed it.

No, you didn't miss it. I'm still working out the finer details of the academy. Its just like any university - money or scholarships. It's expensive, however.

The relationships between the Shoska and Human are better than they were when the war happened. There might be some mistrust here and there, but its not like it used to be.

Sorry for all the little information. I'm still working on the world building thread D:
A&A | FxF |

Guancyto

I'd be game for being the first mate. That's a professional dramatic foil for the captain and romancer of all the aliens, right?

la dame en noir

Quote from: Guancyto on July 28, 2016, 04:21:45 PM
I'd be game for being the first mate. That's a professional dramatic foil for the captain and romancer of all the aliens, right?

Lol I mean - are you going for a captain kirk in spocks shoes kind of deal? lol. You can create your character however you like. So does that mean you want me to put you down as first mate?
A&A | FxF |

Guancyto

I was referring more to Riker to tell the truth.

And yes, please do! I will face claim... Daniel Craig.

la dame en noir

Quote from: Guancyto on July 28, 2016, 04:27:52 PM
I was referring more to Riker to tell the truth.

And yes, please do! I will face claim... Daniel Craig.

lol ah

Sounds good :D
A&A | FxF |

Aida Rose

Ooh, good claim.

Quote from: la dame en noir on July 28, 2016, 04:20:36 PM
No, you didn't miss it. I'm still working out the finer details of the academy. Its just like any university - money or scholarships. It's expensive, however.

The relationships between the Shoska and Human are better than they were when the war happened. There might be some mistrust here and there, but its not like it used to be.

Sorry for all the little information. I'm still working on the world building thread D:

Don't be sorry! Thanks for answering me so quickly. I'm looking forward to what else there is.

la dame en noir

This is going to sound strange.

I know I asked for it be mentioned in character summary, but I wanted to know what sexualities we have?

Just in case people are looking for romance, they won't feel left out.

A&A | FxF |

Aida Rose

I'm guessing we just post the sheet here? Hope the character's okay!

Edolie "Eddy" Harrak
Aida Rose
Navigator

Species: Human
Sexuality: Bisexual

Appearance: 5'8"/172.72 cm. Eddy's beautiful. While long and slim, she has an overall womanish shape. Currently, her skin's unmarred and flawless, save one or two callouses on her hands from the hard work of living. To be honest, she's not entirely sure what a callous is and doesn't care enough to look it up. She has a couple piercings, such as septum and eyebrow. There's a lot of pride put into Eddy's appearance, and usually hates when her carefully done look's messed up. However, she loves getting messy, in the right context. 

Personality: Eddy often bluntly speaks her mind. Which might be fine, if she weren't about as delicate as she looks. She's careless about this danger and just about everything that doesn't involve her work. It gets her into trouble often, but to some that just makes her seem all the more fun and lends itself to what most find captivating about her. She's highly motivated by the prospect of her making her Aunt proud and catching the notice of her somewhat uncaring parents. While perhaps not very funny herself, she loves anyone who can tell a good joke (or sometimes a fun lie) and has an overall mellow attitude.

As far as other beliefs and ways of life, Eddy's tolerant. She may not be incredibly well informed. Or informed. But she is incredibly eager to learn. Meeting new people. Seeing new things and places. Mapping those things and places. Isn't that why they all got in the business? It's 100% why Eddy did. Her favorite things are yoga, her Aunt, parties and entertainment,  dancing, new experiences, and the numbers. Her least favorite are boredom, failed relationships, bad food, and politics.

Background: Mariposa and Isaac Harrak were wildly in love. Everyone on the old block knew this and no one more than their daughter. It was the quintessential romance, very boy meets girl. There was even some forbidden love. Mariposa's parents were old money, the type that made up for their now dwindled funds with social capital. A favorite daughter married to a middle class nobody would (and did) compromise that capital. They threatened to cut her off. She called their bluff and didn't stop smiling at Isaac, even when it became apparent they hadn't bluffed.

The truth was, Eddy had been an accident. Mari grew up accustomed to a certain lifestyle. What little luxury she and Isaac had been able to scrap together blew to the winds when they found themselves burdened with a little baby girl. Part of Mari wonders what might've happened if they hadn't noticed the pregnancy too late, if they'd had the opportunity to...take care of it, but as with all things, Mari and Isaac had been too distracted by each other. This preoccupation didn't wane with the inclusion of their newborn. The rare instances of their focus on her are incredibly precious to Eddy to this day, even though she would vehemently deny it.

Surprisingly, any parenting Eddy resolved was from her Aunt Memphis, on her mother's side. Eddy's Aunt was able to visit often, under the not false pretense that she came to talk some sense into Mari. Sometimes Eddy wondered if Memphis hadn't set her sights on her with the intent of using her as leverage against Mari, but Memphis was smart enough to see that wouldn't work. Yet she still kept coming. As infrequent as those visits were, Memphis will always have a special place on Eddy's heart. Still, it never really filled the hole. Neither did her numerous friendships or, often ill-advised, relationships.

Titan caught Eddy's attention with the allure of the new especially since the old had so consistent let her down. It felt like no matter where she went on Earth, it was all the same. Bum parents, bum exes, bum friends. Although her parents never bothered with any kind of college fund, Eddy had a big scholarship and an Aunt willing to fill in the gaps. She kind of fell into navigation, having entered Titan for something with a little more flash, but when she took a class in it to pad her coursework, something clicked. The numbers made so much sense, were so calming, so removed from all those messy emotions.

Connections: None yet and super open to them.

O/O:  Mine. I'm super willing to include anything that's not on the very short and in no way exhaustive Ons below, as long as it's not on my Offs and I feel it doesn't go completely against her character.
Ons: Affection, Kissing, Rough Sex, Dirty Talk, Force, Pleasure Control, Orgasm Control, Spanking, Light Bondage, Manhandling, Marking, Banter, Teasing, Confidence, etc
Offs: Degradation, Humiliation, Gore, Vore, Toilet Play, Feet, etc

la dame en noir

lol you didn't need to add all dat lol

But if it makes it easier :P

I like her though :D

I'll go ahead and make a character thread for everyone now and open up the OOC tomorrow.
A&A | FxF |

la dame en noir

I made the character thread! :D Let me know if you're completely done with your character sheet and I can post it.

Or if you'd rather, you can post it yourself.
A&A | FxF |

Aida Rose

Hey! lol my sheet's not longer than anyone else's!

Also, yay new threads.

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

DreamlandDenizen

Faceclaim: Jason Statham.
Nailed it!

John Parker
DreamlandDenizen
Weapons Expert

There are some people who recognized the name John Parker. He and a handful of other survivors aboard the massive ship called 'Pilgrim Six' had made the rounds on some of the smaller news outlets after they finally fell into stable orbit around Jupiter. They were met with cameras and reporters as they took their first unsteady steps on solid ground. The Pilgrim Six certainly wasn't the first huge ship to leave earth for Jupiter, carrying hundreds of thousands of souls, nor was it the last. What made it note worthy was how long it took. Their trip which was scheduled for 6 months ended up taking 10 years. When Pilgrim Six stopped transmitting, and missed it's arrival date, many people on Earth and on Jupiter assumed the crew had all died in some horrible accident, or been taken by some other alien race. Their fate was the topic of a good many water cooler conversation for the week or so that it was on people's minds.

What had really happened was the poor exterior plating of their ship allowed their electronics to be fried by a solar flare, leaving hundreds of thousands of people adrift in space with no navigation, no hope of getting back home, no hope of getting to their destination and only 6 months worth of rations. Over those 10 years adrift John -- who was on board as an entry level security officer -- saw the worst side of human nature. He watched as what was supposed to be an evolved, space faring, enlightened species quickly reverted back to their most basic primal instincts when they realized there wasn't enough food for everyone.

Yes, John had to kill to keep himself alive (in fact at times the killing is all he can remember) but unlike the others (including many of his superiors) he never reverted to a purely animalistic state. He had his own rules and he followed them: always protect the men you're with; never shoot an unarmed man no matter how much he deserved it; assist the wounded if you can; women and children eat first; never let 'em see you sweat. He followed the rules and soon people followed him. He led an organized group that protected the remaining rations from the great many who had gone mad, cleared the ships's hallways of the dead giving them as peaceful a send off into the void as possible, and just generally looked after each other. He brought about order and, though it was only 500, he saw to it that there were some that survived. They'd even managed to restore the electronics and correct course.

After setting foot on ground he told himself he'd never go off world in a giant tin can again. However it was the thought of what would have happened on Pilgrim Six, had he not been there -- the thought of those 500 lives he'd grown so fond of having been lost -- that was enough to convince him to join the Titan Dream and to take up, once more, the role of protector.

Connections: None yet
O/O:
Ons: Strong female characters, teasing, foreplay, lots of naughty stuff really
Offs: Not easily turned off, don't worry about it.

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

Relikai

Things are getting a little busy, especially with Friday and the weekend. Will get a Charsheet by Sat Noon GMT+8!

la dame en noir

Quote from: Relikai on July 28, 2016, 10:43:59 PM
Things are getting a little busy, especially with Friday and the weekend. Will get a Charsheet by Sat Noon GMT+8!
Take your time! :D
A&A | FxF |

Ontan

The CS for my character, Alexander Carter, will be up soon. Until then, here’s some semi-related information for an alien race, the Skree (presented with much thanks to La Dame, for allowing contributions).

Alien Races: The Skree

The Skree

Dubbed the Skree – an onomatopoeia of their shrieking battle cry – these creatures are very minor players on the intergalactic stage, having never colonised beyond the small habitable moon that is their homeworld. Despite this, they have garnered notoriety beyond their numbers due to their unusual characteristics and media sensationism from the galactic community.

Physically, the Skree are a truly hideous sight: with grotesquely disproportioned bodies and twitching, spasmodic movements, their appearance is at best ugly, and more commonly revulsive or terrifying to other races. Their insectile appearance is only reinforced by extreme sexual dimorphism, with males standing around 2 meters in height, while fully grown females are the size of buildings, easily towering over ten meters. With a convulsing array of stingers and their prominent ‘jaws’, their species clearly has predatory origins.

Despite their menacing visage and a lack of personal accruements (such as clothing or jewellery), the Skree are a highly intelligence race, and have developed accordingly. Eloquence and spiritualism are their most common traits, giving them a surprisingly poetic disposition that seems entirely at odds with their primordial appearance. Their society is ritualised and sophisticated, and with the very notable exception of ‘martial peacekeepers’ – something analogous to both a law enforcer and a warrior monk – they practice strict pacifism within their communities. This is due to a powerful biological stress response that sends them into an aimless, violent rage. Ostensibly, this has ceased to be a problem for at least two centuries, as the advent of pharmaceuticals gave the Skree a means of chemically inhibiting the stress response, but it’s still had a profound impact on Skree culture. Even now, any form of confrontation within their society, even something as friendly as competitive sport, is seen as taboo.

While most Skree are content to stay on their modest homeworld, a few rare individuals have taken to the stars for diplomatic missions or cultural exchange. Without a doubt, the most famous of these is the Skree adventurer, the colourfully named Mighty Zan, Bane of Secrets. Though a scholar at heart, Zan unwittingly gained celebrity status owing to the massive (and arguably exploitative) media reaction that quickly latched onto his career: the sight of a giant, hideous insectoid attending formal academic summits was simply too bizarre to pass up, especially when said insectoid went from uncontrollable screeching one minute, and giving its research findings in haiku the next. The ascetic Zan and his human assistant, Carter, went on to become celebrity icons, with countless documentaries and reality entertainment shows detailing their bizarre exploits to a growing audience of puzzled but enthused viewers. Unfortunately, male Skree are short-lived by nature, and their religious beliefs preclude the use of life-extending medicine. Mighty Zan, Bane of Secrets is now in the final stages of life, and has recently entered palliative care. His assistant, Carter, has temporarily withdrawn from media appearances in order to consolidate the life works of his mentor and friend before it's too late.

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Ontan on July 29, 2016, 01:50:56 AM
The CS for my character, Alexander Carter, will be up soon. Until then, here’s some semi-related information for an alien race, the Skree (presented with much thanks to La Dame, for allowing contributions).

Alien Races: The Skree

The Skree

Dubbed the Skree – an onomatopoeia of their shrieking battle cry – these creatures are very minor players on the intergalactic stage, having never colonised beyond the small habitable moon that is their homeworld. Despite this, they have garnered notoriety beyond their numbers due to their unusual characteristics and media sensationism from the galactic community.

Physically, the Skree are a truly hideous sight: with grotesquely disproportioned bodies and twitching, spasmodic movements, their appearance is at best ugly, and more commonly revulsive or terrifying to other races. Their insectile appearance is only reinforced by extreme sexual dimorphism, with males standing around 2 meters in height, while fully grown females are the size of buildings, easily towering over ten meters. With a convulsing array of stingers and their prominent ‘jaws’, their species clearly has predatory origins.

Despite their menacing visage and a lack of personal accruements (such as clothing or jewellery), the Skree are a highly intelligence race, and have developed accordingly. Eloquence and spiritualism are their most common traits, giving them a surprisingly poetic disposition that seems entirely at odds with their primordial appearance. Their society is ritualised and sophisticated, and with the very notable exception of ‘martial peacekeepers’ – something analogous to both a law enforcer and a warrior monk – they practice strict pacifism within their communities. This is due to a powerful biological stress response that sends them into an aimless, violent rage. Ostensibly, this has ceased to be a problem for at least two centuries, as the advent of pharmaceuticals gave the Skree a means of chemically inhibiting the stress response, but it’s still had a profound impact on Skree culture. Even now, any form of confrontation within their society, even something as friendly as competitive sport, is seen as taboo.

While most Skree are content to stay on their modest homeworld, a few rare individuals have taken to the stars for diplomatic missions or cultural exchange. Without a doubt, the most famous of these is the Skree adventurer, the colourfully named Mighty Zan, Bane of Secrets. Though a scholar at heart, Zan unwittingly gained celebrity status owing to the massive (and arguably exploitative) media reaction that quickly latched onto his career: the sight of a giant, hideous insectoid attending formal academic summits was simply too bizarre to pass up, especially when said insectoid went from uncontrollable screeching one minute, and giving its research findings in haiku the next. The ascetic Zan and his human assistant, Carter, went on to become celebrity icons, with countless documentaries and reality entertainment shows detailing their bizarre exploits to a growing audience of puzzled but enthused viewers. Unfortunately, male Skree are short-lived by nature, and their religious beliefs preclude the use of life-extending medicine. Mighty Zan, Bane of Secrets is now in the final stages of life, and has recently entered palliative care. His assistant, Carter, has temporarily withdrawn from media appearances in order to consolidate the life works of his mentor and friend before it's too late.

BAH why do you hate me so! LOL I remember those creepy bugs, swear I couldn't sleep after I first watched that movie. Felt like things were crawling all over me LOL