Outlaws To The End (Western Outlaw Group Game)

Started by Norsegod1839, November 07, 2018, 04:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norsegod1839

Outlaws to The End

Game Idea

Set in 1905, players will take on the role of outlaws trying to survive in the American Frontier. The west is in the process of being "civilized" and people like our players are becoming extinct. The player gang senses this is coming and is trying to gather enough money together to buy a plot of land and settle down. The goal is to raise enough money for this via game events while also trying to stay one step ahead of the law and the Gm (me)

This will be a game of action, adventure, and human experience. I will as well take ideas for heist and ways to earn the money needed to go straight.

What Type Of Game Is This?

Freeform sandbox and not a system game. I will be the Gm for this and creating opportunities for events.

You Might Like This Game If....

You're a fan of western movies, the Red Dead Redemption Games, or anything involving this time frame and setting.

FAQ

Will there be a goal limit for the money?

Yes there will be. It will be revealed when the game starts

Will this be an authentic experience?

For the most part yes. The goal is to make a fun action/human western.

Can I play outside of the gang of bandits?

Not so much for the most part. The goal is to have the bandits be a family and most of the game will revolve around said family. The law chasing them and the people they interact with are NPC's I will play. That being said if YOU want to play a towns person who joins the gang during the course of the story that is fine by me.

What sexuality's can I play?

Any you want. This is an open and friendly game for all sexuality's.

Gm Commitment Promise

As your Gm I would like to swear by the following statement and promise to you.

As you're Gm I promise to keep the game moving, to make sure you guys get a reply at LEAST two times a week, and to facilitate a fun enjoyable game.

Character Sheet

Below is the CS Sheet

[float=left][img height=300 padding=5]https://placeholdit.imgix.net/~text?txtsize=33&txt=350%C3%97300&w=350&h=300[/img][/float]
[center][size=18pt][glow=blue,2,300][u][b]Nickname In The Gang[/b][/u][/glow][/size][/center]

[size=14pt][u][b]The Basics[/b][/u][/size]
[b]Legal Name:[/b]
[b]Alias:[/b] Any nicknames in the gang
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] 18+, please
[b]Gender:[/b] Anything goes here

[hr]

[size=14pt][u][b]Physical Description[/b][/u][/size]
[b]Face Claim:[/b] Include the name here and the picture down below
[b]Appearance:[/b] This is used to add in any unique scars or anything that the FC doesn't show

[hr]

[center][size=14pt][b][u]Personality and History[/u][/b][/size][/center]

[center][b][u]Personality[/u][/b] [/center]

One short simple paragraph is needed though you can elaborate as well.

[center][b][u]Biography[/u][/b][/center]

This can be around two or three paragraphs. What I mostly want is what you did before the gang (just a little bit), how you came to the gang (more on this one), and what you've been doing since you came to the gang. You're more than welcome to have been a part of the gang for most of it's conception OR be a new comer. Make sure you adjust the bio accordingly for time in the gang.

[hr]

[center][size=14pt][b][u]Weapons & Equipment[/u][/b][/size][/center]

[b]Weapons:[/b] You can choose a total of [b]THREE[/b] weapons. For instance if you want to dual wield two revolvers than you can have one long riffle on your back. Or if you want a rifle and a shotgun then a pistol that is fine. Everyone gets a bowie knife as standard so if you want to include a picture of a customized Bowie knife or your custom guns is fine.

[b]Equipment:[/b] Things you carry around NOT weaponry related. Examples include things like a Lasso to hogtie people, a Coffee percolator, or a fishing rod.

[hr]

[center][size=14pt][u][b]Skills[/b][/u][/size][/center]

[b]Skill:[/b] What's your characters role in the gang? What do they do the best? You can choose two primary skills.

[hr]

[center][size=14pt][u][b]Fc Picture[/b][/u][/size][/center]

Fc Picture Goes here or formatted in the sheet for those that can do it all fancy

Example Of Character Sheet

Cs Sheet modified but originally taken from a Sun Wukoung Cs Sheet.

Down below you can see my character and get a sense of what I am looking for in the Character Sheet.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
El Capitan

The Basics
Legal Name: Alexander Escuellera
Alias: Boss, Mr. A
Sexuality: Straight

Physical Description
Face Claim: Javier Bardem
Appearance: One long scar across his cheek

Personality and History

Personality

A dreamer and a schemer. Alexander has big dreams and isn't afraid to push himself to make those dreams a reality. He cares deeply about the gang and even though they are a band of outlaws he prefers to try and approach a situation with the people's safety in mind. He is charismatic and prone to big grandiose speeches.

Biography

Note: This will be semi longer than most since my guy is the leader.

Alexander Escuellera originally hailed from Mexico. He began a life of "crime" at an early age in order to help his younger brother and sisters eat. This natural affinity for crime culminated in a rather sizable bounty on Alexanders head in Mexico. Situations there forced the young man to flee from Mexico and leave behind his brothers and sisters for the America. Even some many years later Escuellera holds a record for having one of the biggest bounties in Mexican History.

In America however Alexander wasn't as popular. He struggled to make a name for himself in those first few years as he vied with American Cowboys on the frontier for profits and glory. The older he got the less it became about said glory and more about helping and protecting people. He fancied himself a Robin Hood of sorts and for a time gave a lot of his profits away to people he saw that needed it. All that changed as the gang began to form and others joined his band of misfits.

Alexander rapidly found himself going from a lone gun slinger to a leader. This began to take effect during a time when the "Wild West" started growing as well. Alexander had seen much the same happen in Mexico and knew that organized law enforcement would be right around that corner. To that effect the last three years he's been heavily in talks to purchase a parcel of land in Texas that the gang could turn instead a homestead.

Weapons & Equipment

Weapons:

Alexander is an expert gunslinger and carries the following three arms

The Stallions: Colt Model 1851's

Deliverance: Lever Action Shotgun

Equipment:

Alexander carries a Lasso and a shaving Kit primarily

Skills

Skill:

Skill 1: Leadership, Alexander is the leader of the gang and as such is a tactical quick thinker.

Skill 2: Gunslinger, While not his primary skills Alexander has years of firearm experience at this point and is an accomplished trick shot

Minor Skill: Showman, Alexander likes to use tricks and acting to get into places versus shooting up a place.

Fc Picture

Thread Directory

Character Directory:

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Face Claim
Javier Bardem
Amy Adams
Michelle Dockery
Alex Pettyfyer
Anson Mount
Rick Mora
Summer Bishal
Russell Crowe
Sharon Stone
Tessa Thompson
Eva Green
Micheal B Jordan
Penelope Cruz
---

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Writer

Norsegod1839
Levi
Flowers
Shii
Matumanis
BlueEyedBard
Babygirl1990
Avarus
Dominique
EvilNerf
Zoneygirl
Juggtacular
DrMcQaurk
---

*Strike through indicates a deceased or inactive character*

Dominique

I love this idea and I am definitely interested! ;D

matusmanis

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Dominique on November 07, 2018, 04:49:15 PM
I love this idea and I am definitely interested! ;D

Welcome aboard! Pick up your gun and bring in the cat!

Norsegod1839

Quote from: matusmanis on November 07, 2018, 05:25:23 PM
I would also be interested

Welcome aboard Matu! This will be our first time writing together and I am looking forward to it.

shii

Now this sounds like it could be a lot of fun  ;D

I'm in. Thinking about playing a character who's talents are geared more towards stealth, lock picking and sneaking around than any real skill with guns. I'm saying he won't be some sharpshooter for sure... but, there ain't never been a door or lock he couldn't get around....

Norsegod1839

I think as well safe cracking? I think having a safe man is something the gang for sure will need if they plan on hitting a bank.

shii

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on November 07, 2018, 07:49:14 PM
I think as well safe cracking? I think having a safe man is something the gang for sure will need if they plan on hitting a bank.

Haha your right on the money there  ;D I mean they can't very well get at the goods if it's locked up in a metal box can they? They might need someone sneaky and quiet for other things as well.... like busting them out of jail?  :P

Norsegod1839

For sure! There's a lot a safe and lock man can do in the gang. This is going to be a dynamic game as well where people might or might not find themselves in jail trouble or hot water.

Dominique

Glad to see there's more interest, I actually really want this to take off ;D Am I going to be at a terrible disadvantage for not having played Red Dead Redemption 2?

avarus

Oooh! This is interesting indeed. I'd love to participate, I am thinking about making a character that is of the more aggressive type, slowly reaching for a gun whenever things are looking like they will not go their way.

Flower

Oh this is a wonderful idea. I have been dying to play RDR2 and just a western in general after watching Westworld. What sort of post rate are you looking for?

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Dominique on November 08, 2018, 02:32:27 AM
Glad to see there's more interest, I actually really want this to take off ;D Am I going to be at a terrible disadvantage for not having played Red Dead Redemption 2?

No! I will be taking inspiration from it but it won't be in the setting.

And what I mean by taking inspiration is the concept. The idea of a band of outlaws in a time where the days of outlaws are coming to an end trying to get enough money together to get out.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: avarus on November 08, 2018, 05:21:55 AM
Oooh! This is interesting indeed. I'd love to participate, I am thinking about making a character that is of the more aggressive type, slowly reaching for a gun whenever things are looking like they will not go their way.

We need a gun man! An aggressive one who might blow things up adds an extra flare of drama to the whole thing.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Flower on November 08, 2018, 06:46:26 AM
Oh this is a wonderful idea. I have been dying to play RDR2 and just a western in general after watching Westworld. What sort of post rate are you looking for?

Flower I very much roll with the idea of giving everyone a chance to go with the flow they can handle. Open communication I feel is the most important thing. If we all talk discuss and keep an open forum than I feel any and all posting rate's can be appreciated.

Norsegod1839

Guys I will be posting up the CS sheet and an example of what I am looking for in the form of my character shortly.

Norsegod1839

Character sheet is up guys! As well as an example of what I am looking for with my own character.

You can post them in here if you but I would also like them Pm'd to me so when the Cs room goes up I can add them.

matusmanis

I ll make a char sheet pater today

But as I think it might be important to collaborate on the roles I ll throw my idea out in advance

My idea for the char is having him focused on utility
A gunsmith who will be taking care of equipment, fixing broken stuff possibly making some explosives or traps (however I doubt a bandit camp would be established enough to have facilities for fullscale gun creation, so while fixing them or putting pieces together would be doable creating them from scratch close to impossible). With secondary focus as survivalist (finding food and water sources, possible hideouts.. that kind of stuff)

Let me know what you think of the idea

Norsegod1839

That's perfectly acceptable Matu

The camp stuff is just as important as the going out and earning money bit. The ecosystem needs to be self sufficient in order for it to work. Camp life will be a big part of it with me playing NPC's as needed. I think your idea is very good! Acceptable and something the camp would really need.

BlueEyedBard

I'm really into the idea of a western!
If there is still room, I would be interested in the rifle expert/sharpshooter type. The type who could pick off law men through the windows of a moving train, while on horseback, while the rest of the gang infiltrates ^•^
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

Norsegod1839

Quote from: BlueEyedBard on November 08, 2018, 11:52:10 AM
I'm really into the idea of a western!
If there is still room, I would be interested in the rifle expert/sharpshooter type. The type who could pick off law men through the windows of a moving train, while on horseback, while the rest of the gang infiltrates ^•^

Welcome aboard blue eye!

If you want to be the sharp shooter that is perfectly acceptable.

Dominique

I'm working on my character but since that's still going to be a WIP at least until tomorrow, my plans are as follows: Girl's gonna be a widow, owner of a ranch that ultimately got burnt down by bandits. She joined the outlaws in a need for vengeance, then stuck around because she really had no home to go back to. She's good with a gun but her biggest asset would likely be her ability to take care of horses in any way that doesn't require large equipment you can't carry with you. The rest I'm still working out ^^

WIP
Filly

The Basics
Legal Name: Haley Elisabeth Cartwright
Alias: Filly
Sexuality: Bi-sexual

Physical Description
Face Claim: Sharon Stone
Appearance: There's a big burn mark running diagonally along her back from when she escaped her burnt down home.   

Personality and History

Personality

Aside from its obvious relation to her life as a horse ranch owner, Haley’s nickname could not be more ironic. She’s a headstrong woman with more courage than is good for her. Despite being married for a grand two years, she makes a good loner, although in her current gang she seems to have finally found kindred spirits. She’s remarkably patient with animals, can tolerate children but has a pretty short fuse with most adults, men in particular, that aren’t in her circle. 

Biography

This can be around two or three paragraphs. What I mostly want is what you did before the gang (just a little bit), how you came to the gang (more on this one), and what you've been doing since you came to the gang. You're more than welcome to have been a part of the gang for most of it's conception OR be a new comer. Make sure you adjust the bio accordingly for time in the gang.

Weapons & Equipment

Weapons:

Bowie Hunting Knife

Smith and Wesson Schofield .45 (x2)

1892 Winchester Rifle

Equipment: Bullwhip, Lasso, horse grooming equipment and saddle oils

Skills

Skill:

Rancher - Extensive knowledge about feeding, grooming and otherwise taking care of healthy and injured horses. Looks after the animals, patches them up when needed, and takes care of the riding equipment. Also has a pretty good grasp on how to get a good price for horses and other tradesgoods.

Gunslinger - Taught both by her dad and later by her husband, she’s been capable of firing the long gun for many years and pistols for some time. She makes great efforts to be able to defend herself and those around her that she considers important. Can shoot particularly well from on a horse’s back.

Hunter - Desperate times call for desperate measures, and while her first encounters with wild animals were generally limited to the shooting off hungry packs of wolves and the likes, Haley’s resorted to hunting wildlife in order to keep herself from total starvation, both at the ranch and on the road. She’s known to tag along on hunting trips, although she enjoys the lone venture into the woods more.

Faceclaim Picture

Norsegod1839

Dom I am loving all of that!

It also makes sense for the gangs eventual plans to settle down and become ranchers and get out of the outlaw life.

Flower

Slowly working on her...

Need to figure out guns. That might be the hardest part.

my wip
Diamond

The Basics
Legal Name: Mercy Booth
Alias: Diamond
Sexuality: Bi-Sexual

Physical Description
Face Claim: Michelle Dockery
Appearance: Mercy's body is covered in a host of scars from a hard life working and various encounters with unsavory characters. She also has stretch marks at her thighs, breasts and stomach, a consequence of bringing a child into the world. She stands at about 5'6 in height. Mercy doesn't like to stand out so she dresses conservatively and isn't often found without some means of protection on her. 

Mercy has various scars that life has seen fit to bestow her with. She also has stretch marks at her thighs and stomach, a consequence of bringing a child into the world. Her body isn't nothing glorious.

Personality and History

Personality

Mercy's quick to distrust strangers rather than be welcoming to them. Strangers experience a coldness that rivals winter. She doesn't mind telling the gang as much either, likely to their annoyance. That feeling intensifies with men more so than women and children. She's a quick study and eager to learn new skills. Her patience is limitless for her boy, as he has a habit of getting into trouble and testing limits.

Biography

Mercy's grandfather traveled west in the hopes of earning a better life and taking advantage of an opportunity being offered up by the government through the Homestead Act. It was their only chance to own land as they were too poor to do it in the east, where most of the land had been claimed by others who arrived before them.

The journey was hard but they made it. Within a matter of months, they'd set up a sod house and dealt with the problems that often accompanied it. In the way of varmint and vermin. Still, their persistence paid off. They grew a variety of plants (greens and peas in the spring; potatoes and beans in the summer). They took advantage of the local wildlife around them, hunting them down for food, clothing, and even decoration around their home.

Upon Mercy's birth, she was not coddled. The West showed no favors to women; in fact, some might argue that it was harsher towards them. As such, she learned to shoot right alongside her brothers. Her mother ensured she knew how to make something out of nothing to feed hungry mouths. Every so often, they'd venture into town to purchase items that they could not grow themselves and sell their own wares to merchants.

On one such visit, a man had sought to impress Mercy with his...assertiveness. Rather than leave it alone, her brother got into a fist fight with him. Her brother won, fair and square. They thought that was the end of it but trouble followed them home later that night. Her family was slaughtered and she gained a daily reminder of them; her son.

She left home that day and soon came across the gang. At first, she stayed with them out of knowing there was safety in numbers. They earned her loyalty when they killed the bastards who stole her happiness when they stumbled across them. She's been with them every since, about 5 years now.

Weapons & Equipment

Weapons:

Bowie Knife

Gun 1 | Short Rifle | Close Up

4 Throwing Knives

Bow with Arrows

Equipment:

Herbs for medicinal purposes and cooking

Mending tools

Cooking equipment (a dutch oven, a frying pan, and a boiling pan)

A silver cross

1 fancy dress for herself and Eli

1 work dress for herself (dress and sunbonnet) and Eli (overalls)

Bible, Paper, and Quill/Ink pot

Skills

Skill:

Cook: Mercy isn't sensitive about killing. She's too much harshness in the world to put an animal's life over her own. As such, she knows a host of recipes, though she has a fondness for baking.

Seamstress: She's good with needle and thread. Often time, she asks for a little favor or trinket in return for her services.

Additional Notes:

Her father's name was Charles. Mother's name was Diane. She had 2 older brothers named Charles II and Jackson. Her son's name is Elijah.

Face Claim Picture

connections wip
Name: Mercy
Role: Cook/Seamstress
Length in Gang: 5 years

Connections

Alexander Escuellera, played by Norsegod (connection unconfirmed)

Mercy respects Alex, as a leader. She trusts his judgement to keep her and Eli safe from harm. His only fault, in her eyes, is his mouth as he is prone to being in love with the sound of his own voice. She forgives him for that...or walks away with a shake of her head.

Haley Cartwright, played by Dominique (connection unconfirmed)

Being around other women is something Mercy has had to get used too. It isn't difficult with women like Haley. She puts her in the mind of her mother, with how hard she works and how giving she is with other members of the gang. When able, she doesn't mind taking ventures with her in search of prey to put on the table.

Bessie McNair, played by Dominique (connection unconfirmed)

It took a bit for Bessie to grow on Mercy. When she did, it was like ivy. She admires the woman's brash and balls, how she isn't afraid to be a woman in a rather dangerous world. There are times when the woman grates on her nerves but the agitation never sticks around long.

Billy Logan, played by Matusmanis (connection unconfirmed)

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Flower on November 08, 2018, 02:18:48 PM
Slowly working on her...

Need to figure out guns. That might be the hardest part.

my wip
Diamond

The Basics
Legal Name: Mercy Booth
Alias: Diamond
Sexuality: Bi-Sexual

Physical Description
Face Claim: Michelle Dockery
Appearance: This is used to add in any unique scars or anything that the FC doesn't show

Personality and History

Personality

One short simple paragraph is needed though you can elaborate as well.

Biography

Grace's grandfather traveled west in the hopes of earning a better life and taking advantage of an opportunity being offered up by the government through the Homestead Act. It was their only chance to own land as they were too poor to do it in the east, where most of the land had been claimed by others who arrived before them.

The journey was hard but they made it. Within a matter of months, they'd set up a sod house and dealt with the problems that often accompanied it. In the way of varmint and vermin. Still, their persistence paid off. They grew a variety of plants (greens and peas in the spring; potatoes and beans in the summer). They took advantage of the local wildlife around them, hunting them down for food, clothing, and even decoration around their home.

Upon Grace's birth, she was not coddled. The West showed no favors to women; in fact, some might argue that it was harsher towards them. As such, she learned to shoot right alongside her brothers. Her mother ensured she knew how to make something out of nothing to feed hungry mouths. Every so often, they'd venture into town to purchase items that they could not grow themselves and sell their own wares to merchants.

On one such visit, a man had sought to impress Grace with his...assertiveness. Rather than leave it alone, her brother got into a fist fight with him. Her brother won, fair and square. They thought that was the end of it but trouble followed them home later that night. Her family was slaughtered and she gained a daily reminder of them; her son.

She left home that day and soon came across the gang. At first, she stayed with them out of knowing there was safety in numbers. They earned her loyalty when they killed the sons of bastards who stole her happiness when they stumbled across them. She's been with them every since, about 5 years now.

Weapons & Equipment

Weapons: You can choose a total of THREE weapons. For instance if you want to dual wield two revolvers than you can have one long riffle on your back. Or if you want a rifle and a shotgun then a pistol that is fine. Everyone gets a bowie knife as standard so if you want to include a picture of a customized Bowie knife or your custom guns is fine.

Bowie Knife

Gun 1 |

Gun 2

Gun 3

Equipment: Things you carry around NOT weaponry related. Examples include things like a Lasso to hogtie people, a Coffee percolator, or a fishing rod.

Skills

Skill:

Cook: Mercy isn't sensitive about killing. She's too much harshness in the world to put an animal's life over her own. As such, she knows a host of recipes, though she has a fondness for baking.

Seamstress: She's good with needle and thread. Often time, she asks for a little favor or trinket in return for her services.

Face Claim Picture

I want to just say that I am very very happy with what you have so far Flower. You guys are all killing it and deserve a shot out. As for you Flower...

Giving her a son and skill with cooking and needle work is standing out to me. It's very much in line with what I am looking to tell and adds to that human story element. The fact that she feels so much like a real character already impresses me greatly.