Dark M's Resurrection - A high-powered D&D 3.5 game (NC-Exotic)(Closed)

Started by Kunoichi, January 31, 2018, 02:10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Lockepick on January 31, 2018, 11:12:05 AM
Can we get some links to Zaer's standard house rules in this thread? As well as any other overtly banned material? I know Legendary Monsters and the last Demon Lords game each had their own banned material.

Well, overall I think max limits this time is that your CL cannot be higher than your HD or have spells known/usable at 9th level unless you gain it as part of base monster/template (like spell-alike ability from efreet to grant wishes). Also Illithid Savant is not allowed but if there were others Kunoichi would know.

Sain

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on January 31, 2018, 12:49:58 PM
Well, overall I think max limits this time is that your CL cannot be higher than your HD or have spells known/usable at 9th level unless you gain it as part of base monster/template (like spell-alike ability from efreet to grant wishes). Also Illithid Savant is not allowed but if there were others Kunoichi would know.

Maybe just let you guys ban stuff as you feel like if someone brings forth anything broken ;D
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Kunoichi

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 31, 2018, 12:43:02 PM
I was thinking of the Lichfiend template from Libris mortis, letting Outsiders become Liches. Though burning a Special Quality on it is probably a better idea, since without that or a houserule I don't benefit from Cha-to-HP that Pathfinder made standard.

I'd be inclined to allow Lichfiend, but the one big problem there is that your phylactery would still cost 120,000 gp.  Taking the Lich Transformation special ability from the Dread Necromancer class and simply calling yourself a Lichfiend would probably be the easier way to do it.

Quote from: Sain on January 31, 2018, 12:45:41 PM
@Kunoichi. I kind of wanted something big and grapply with tendrils. Piscoloth and Sirine are too puny.

Ah, I see. I'd be tempted to suggest the CR 12 Kraken if they weren't already 20 HD monstrosities on their own. :P Though, looking up other options, have you considered playing an Aboleth? CR 7, 8 HD, 4 tentacle attacks and some other nice innate abilities on top of that.

Sain

Quote from: Kunoichi on January 31, 2018, 01:03:47 PM
Ah, I see. I'd be tempted to suggest the CR 12 Kraken if they weren't already 20 HD monstrosities on their own. :P Though, looking up other options, have you considered playing an Aboleth? CR 7, 8 HD, 4 tentacle attacks and some other nice innate abilities on top of that.

Hmm, aboleth could work. Thanks :D

Kimera

Hmmm

Want to try and make something inspired by this:

Sain

@GMs. How did one go about calculating stat bonuses a base creature has?

TheGlyphstone

Vecna-Blooded is a good addition for divination immunity, yeah, so that goes on the list.

I have no idea what Blood Scent (Su) is, though. Does it work on something that has no blood?

Sain

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 31, 2018, 01:21:34 PM
I have no idea what Blood Scent (Su) is, though. Does it work on something that has no blood?

Probably not. Just stumbled across it while looking at Root of All Evil.

QuoteBlood Scent (Su): A vile water roots can sense the presence of all animals, beasts, dragons, fey, giants, humanoids, magical beasts, monstrous humanoids, outsiders, and shapechangers within 60 feet. (Constructs, elementals, oozes, plants, undead, and vermin are not noticed by this supernatural ability.)

Zaer Darkwail

Considering it detects undead (which can lack blood or be incorporeal), that scent ability is perhaps ultimate detection ability overall which cannot be fooled. But it detects only 'presence' than 'location' though.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on January 31, 2018, 01:41:35 PM
Considering it detects undead (which can lack blood or be incorporeal), that scent ability is perhaps ultimate detection ability overall which cannot be fooled. But it detects only 'presence' than 'location' though.

It specifically lists undead as not being affected by the ability.

Zaer Darkwail

Ah, bad reading my part :P. Ignore what I said. So being one those subtypes would dodge the ability then. But still even if you would be detection list, it still just informs owner 'something is near me' than locate exact location (can give general sense of direction and distance but otherwise unable see/detect them).

Kimera

I was thinking of a 'caller of the deeps' from stormwreck or maybe a chuul.

Edit: A wastrilith is barely possible too?

But perhaps there are even better choises?

Kunoichi

Quote from: Kimera on January 31, 2018, 01:57:37 PM
I was thinking of a 'caller of the deeps' from stormwreck or maybe a chuul.

Edit: A wastrilith is barely possible too?

But perhaps there are even better choises?

Well, what do you view a creature like the one in your image as being able to do, mechanically?  It looks like an aquatic creature for sure, but the legs would imply both a swim speed and a land speed.  If the humanoid upper body is that of a medium-sized creature, then you’d be looking at large-to-huge for the overall size, as well.  Do you see that monster as being based more around physical might, innate abilities, or having some sort of spellcasting prowess?

I’m at work at the moment, so I’ll have to wait until I get home to help look for monsters, but perhaps the Tauric Creature template might be worth looking into?

indarkestknight

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on January 31, 2018, 12:48:09 PM
Divinations, I can simply use locate creature to locate you (or even know you exist). Vecna blooded gives absolutely immunity vs divinations (with that only one entity knows you exist and also gives cool ability to be 50% chance not detected at all as if your not present).

Mind Blank already cockblocks all divinations.

I suppose the biggest risk is being detected by another incorporeal creature, though with darkstalker uou at least have a chance to avoid detection by incorporeal

The only other obscure means of detection I don't think you automatically beat is the Stalker of Kharaah's Scent of Evil, as it neither explicitly excludes undead nor counts as divination.

So... either avoid them, or make it a personal point to wipe every Stalker of Kharash from the universe?

Honestly, the trouble you get into with 3.5 is that there's such a volume of material that you can't possibly account for and counter everything. There's always going to be something you missed.

Kimera

Quote from: Kunoichi on January 31, 2018, 02:25:01 PM
Well, what do you view a creature like the one in your image as being able to do, mechanically?  It looks like an aquatic creature for sure, but the legs would imply both a swim speed and a land speed.  If the humanoid upper body is that of a medium-sized creature, then you’d be looking at large-to-huge for the overall size, as well.  Do you see that monster as being based more around physical might, innate abilities, or having some sort of spellcasting prowess?

I’m at work at the moment, so I’ll have to wait until I get home to help look for monsters, but perhaps the Tauric Creature template might be worth looking into?

Yeah, pretty much looking for a huge terror from the deep. I would say mostly physical migth, though some spell-like abilities never hurt ^^

Lockepick

@GMs: Can I suggest we modify one of the first few posts with any house rules or even FAQs (like the CL !> HD; How Class Level = 1/2 CR, how monster attributes are calculated, etc). I know this was a thing in Legendary Monsters that I had to comb through (eventually) hundreds of pages to find where a house rule was listed.

I am -- obviously -- cool with us banning things as they come up. That can be a lot of complicated back tracking -- if there were any obvious things we wanted banned, it would be prudent to just say them now. Again, I'm mostly repeating Methu, I believe, so I'm not worried about it affecting me. Just makes a better... presentation for any new meat.

@Sain: I only suggested allowing other 'water' abilities to work in air because JUST getting flight seemed like a pretty weak Quality -- but a great visual. I suppose there is always other ways to get a permanent flight score and not wasting a Demon Power.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

LizzieV

Anasil, The Betrayer of Life

Anasil
Size/Type:  Medium (Outsider, Evil, Yugoloth)
Hit Dice:    16d8+160 (288 hp); Fast Healing 5
Immunities: Acid, Poison
Resist: Cold 10, Fire 10, Electricity 10
Initiative:    +10
Speed:    30 ft. (6 squares), Swim 20'
Armor Class:    51 (+10 Dex, +16 Deflection, +5 Natural Armor, +11 Armor, -1 AC), touch 35, flat-footed 41
Base Attack/Grapple: +16/+24
Attack: Laevateinn +31; 1d10+13 18-20/x2
Full Attack: Laevateinn +31/26/21/16; 1d10+13 18-20/x2
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks:
Blinding Beauty (Su) - This ability affects all humanoids within 30' of Anasil. Those who look directly at her must succeed at a DC 38 Fortitude Save or be blinded permanently as though by the blindess spell. This ability may be suppressed or resumed as a free action.

Stunning Glance (Su) - As a standard action Anasil can stun a creature within 30' with a look. The creature must succeed on a DC 38 Fortitude save or be stunned for 2d4 rounds.

Kiss of Death (Su): - The kiss of Anasil resembles a curse with an trigger period at end of the day. After this period, should the subject have used the recently acquired creative gifts foolishly or not at all, the victim must succeed at a Will save (DC 38). On a failure, the subject begins to languish, losing 1d4 Constitution points. The victim repeats the save daily; a success prevents the Constitution-points for that day only. Anasil's continued presence (within 30 feet) following the trigger period delays the onset of the effects; in such a case the victim need not make the first save until the her departure. The kiss of death special ability can be stopped only through a wish or miracle (than break enchantment). Subjects who used their creative powers wisely need not attempt the save at all.

In erotic content Kiss of Death amplifies EP attacks against target who has been affected by the curse (meaning it needs have been triggered once already), adding one multiplier atop any multipliers (so normally twice as much EP damage).

Soul Ensnarement - Anasil's terrible beauty is such that if her full attention is focused on a single creature even their soul may forget how to live. If a creature is currently stunned by her Nymph's Stunning Glance ability, Anasil may spend a full round action to force that creature to save again or die. This ability only works on creatures with souls.

Special Qualities:

Unearthly Grace (Su) - Anasil adds her Charisma modifier as a bonus on all saving throws and as a deflection bonus to Armor Class.

Wild Empathy (Ex) - Works as per druid's wild empathy class feature except with a +6 racial bonus.

Enhanced Attributes (Ex) - The Save DCs for special attacks, spells, and spell-like abilities are increased by 4.

Fast Healing (Ex) - Anasil regains 5 hp per round.

Alter Form (Su): Anasil can appear as Small or Medium-size male or female humanoids of any race. They can change forms at-will as a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. Anasil's attack rolls, natural armor bonus, and saves do not change whatever its new form. The creature does not gain any special abilities, attack forms, defenses, ability scores, or mannerisms of its chosen form. If slain, Anasil automatically returns to normal form. If the she uses this ability to create a disguise, she enjoys a +10 bonus on its Disguise check.

Inspire Despair (Su) - The presence of Anasil is so compelling that no other experience can equal it. Thus, when the chosen mortal is out of the Anasil's presence after having benefited at least once from the insight bonus of the inspire creativity special ability below, he or she feels depressed and unable to create. The mortal must attempt a Will save (DC 38) or suffer the effects of despair. This translates to a -2 circumstance penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks, plus the loss of any Dexterity bonus to AC. Further, the mortal suffers a -10 insight penalty to all Perform and Craft checks. The period of despair lasts for 24 hours from the time Anasil departs, and during this time the mortal laments the loss of inspiration and companion. Thus, if Anasil departs and then returns, the poor subject swings from the heights of exhilaration to the depths of despair. This ability is usable at a range of 30 feet at-will.

Inspire Creativity (Su) - To the chosen mortal, Anasil grants a depth of creative inspiration that is unparalleled. This gift grants a +10 insight bonus to any Perform or Craft skill checks made in the creative effort. Once a subject uses this insight bonus, he becomes subject to the inspire despair special ability (above). The gift remains for 24 hours. Anasil can grant this gift once per day, and it remains effective only when the creature within 30 feet. However Anasil can create tokens of affection; she can create 1/2 (rounded down) of her HD tokens which she can give to those who have been affected by her inspire creativity. It allows the person to get +5 insight bonus to any perform or craft (so long they hold the token and token only works for them) and it delays effects of inspire despair (above) by Cha mod number of days. Anasil can destroy the token anytime as free action and doing so immediately strikes inspire despair on the subject and kiss of death effect (if target has misused the gifts given).

The Eternal Cycle of Life and Death (Su) - The experience of walking through the doors of death and crawling through horrors of beyond have given her insight into the realms of the soul itself. Paranoid of the journey and corrupted by the bleak nature of her plane, she has learned to manipulate and ride the flow of souls in extreme circumstances. Any creature she skill will have its soul absorbed and stored within her unholy body. If slain, she automatically releases a number of Hit Dice of souls equal to double her own in order to be transported back to her home plane where she will revive and be unable to leave her sanctum for one full day. During this time she cannot activate this ability again.

The Queen of the Damned (Su) - Undead within 60' gain Turn Resistance and a Bonus to Saving throws equal to her Charisma bonus against effects that specifically target Undead; This bonus does not apply to abilities or spells used by Anasil. In addition there is no limit to the number of undead she can control and any undead she creates or animates gains +2 hit points per hit die. This protection is disabled if her deflection is disabled using Smite Evil as detailed below.

Summon Yugoloth (Sp) - Once per day, she  may summon 1 Ultroloth or 1d4+1 Nycaloths. This ability functions as a 9th Level Spell.

Purity's Betrayal (Ex) - Much as the fey turned from the path of light so too has purity redoubled to burn her for the transgression. Spells with the good descriptor ignore her deflection bonus to hit her (if they have an attack roll) and gain a +10 to caster level checks to penetrate her spell resistance.

Astral Projection (Su) - Anasil may use astral projection as the spell, at a caster level equal to their Hit Dice, when within the astral projection room of an iron fortress or a similar locale built into their own personal domains.

Arcane Reabsorption - Whenever a targeted spell you cast fails to penetrate a creature's spell resistance or is countered by another spellcaster, you can immediately attempt to reabsorb the arcane energy you just spent as an immediate action. The spell can have no effect at all in order to use this ability. By making a Spellcraft check (DC 20 + [spell level × 3]), you regain the spell as if it was never cast (or regain the spell slot if you cast spells spontaneously). Attempting this taxes your body. Regardless of the success of the check, you take 1 point of nonlethal damage per spell level you attempt to reabsorb. This damage is internal and bypasses damage reduction and resistances you possess.

Divine Familiar - Should Anasil summon a familiar it gains the fiendish template. In addition Mystic Theurge levels stack with sorcerer for the purposes of familiar abilities.

Spell Secret - Anasil gains Resurgence as a known 1st level sorcerer spell.

Spell Power - Anasil's caster level is increased by one for spell effects, spell penetration, and caster level checks.

Dual Spell - At 4th level you learn able cast a combined divine and arcane spell which you morph together into single spell. You get Twin Spell metamagic feat applied freely to any spells once per day which levels do not go above your 1/2 mystic theurge levels (at 4th level means you can cast 2th level or lower spells combined this way). Also you must use a arcane and a divine spell in the combination, spells which you added to other spell list either as arcane or divine count as part of the list which they were adopted in (example mystic theurge sorcerer with cleric levels added lesser orb of acid as 1st level cleric spell and then uses ray of enfeeblement and lesser orb of acid together with Dual Spell because lesser orb of acid is divine spell for him). You get additional uses of dual spells at 7th and 10th level.

Abjurant Armor (Su) - Any abjuration spell that Anasil casts that grants her an armor or shield bonus to AC is increased by 5

Extended Abjuration (Su) - All abjuration spells Anasil casts count as though the Extend Spell feat had been applied to them but without any change to level or casting time.

Swift Abjuration (Su) - Anasil may cast any abjuration spell of 3rd level or lower as though Quicken Spell feat had been applied to them (without any change in level).

Arcane Boost (Su) - Anasil may spend a swift action to expend a spell slot to grant herself one of the following as an insight bonus for 1 round: Bonus on attack rolls equal to spell level; bonus on weapon damage rolls equal to twice spell level; bonus to AC equal to spell level; bonus on saving throws equal to spell level; or resistance to acid, cold, electricity, fire, and sonic equal to 5 x spell level.

Martial Arcanist (Su) - Anasil can use her BAB bonus for her Caster Level for arcane spells

Damage Reduction: Anasil possesses DR 20/magic and good.

Spell Resistance: An Archfiend's spell resistance is equal to its CR +13.

Darkvision 60': Anasil can see up to 60' in the dark.

Increased Low-Light Vision: Anasil can four times as far as a normal human in low light conditions.

Telepathy 300'

Does not need to eat or sleep

Spell-Like Abilities:
CL 16
At-Will - Animate Dead, Blasphemy (DC 37), Command Undead (DC 32), Desecrate, Detect Good, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound (DC 30), Greater Dispel Magic, Greater Teleport, Plane Shift (DC 37), Telekinesis (DC 35), Unhallow, Unholy Aura (DC 38), Unholy Blight (DC 34)
3/day - Cloudkill (DC 35), Heroes' Feast, Hypnotism (DC 31), Minor Creation, Slay Living (DC 35), Symbol of Death (DC 38)
2/day - Enthrall (DC 32)
1/day - Create Undead, Destruction (DC 37), Dream, Major Creation, Nightmare (DC 35), Persistent Image (DC 35), Silent Image (DC 31), Soul Link (DC 37), Teleport Object (DC 37)

1/day - Dimension Door, CL 7

Spellcasting (Druid 11)
CL 12; DC 23+SL

Most Common Spell List
6th - (2 prepared) - Energy Immunity x2
5th - (4 prepared) - Death Ward, Heart of Fire x2, +1
4th - (5 prepared) - Blindsight Greater, Heart of Earth x2, Resistance Greater, +1
3rd - (6 prepared) - Attune Form, Barkskin, Heart of Water x2, +2
2nd - (6 prepared) - Heart of Air x2, Master Air x2, +2
1st - (8 prepared) -
0th - (6 prepared) - Read Magic x6

Spellcasting (Sorcerer 12)
CL 17; DC 30+Spell Level
Spell Slots: 6/10/10/10/10/8/6

Spells Known 9/5+1/5+1/4/3/2/1

6th - Dispel Magic Greater
5th - Resonating Resistance, Shadow Evocation
4th - Black Tentacles, Greater Invisibility, Solid Fog
3rd - Greater Mage Armor, Fireball, Haste, Ray of Dizziness
2nd - Bladeweave, Glitterdust, Heroics, Scorching Ray, Stay the Hand, Wraithstrike
1st - Charm Person, Grease, Ray of Enfeeblement, Resurgence, Shield, True Casting
0th - Amanuensis, Arcane Mark, Light, Mending, Message, Open/Close, Prestidigitation, Silent Portal, Touch of Fatigue

Saves: Fort +39, Ref +39, Will +38 (10 base, +3 MoL, +Cha, +Stat)
Abilities:    Str 26 (+8), Dex 30 (+10), Con 30 (+10), Int 20 (+5) , Wis 28 (+9), Cha 42 (+16)
Skills: Bluff +35, Concentration +29, Diplomacy +35, Disguise +35, Gather Information +35, Knowledge (Arcana) +24, Knowledge (Nature) +24, Listen +28, Sense Motive +28, Spellcraft +24, Spot +28, Swim +35, Use Magic Device +35

Alacine may always take 10 on a swim check even if distracted or endangered. In addition she can take the run action while swimming provided it is in a straight line.
Feats: Combat Casting, Corpse Crafter, Dark Speech, Destructive Retribution, Eschew Materials, Energy Substitution (Acid), Energy Substitution (Cold), Empower Spell, Explosive Spell, Power Attack, Rapid Metamagic, Weapon Finesse
Environment: Gehenna
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 16
Alignment: NE
Treasure:    
Laevateinn (97000 gp)

Laevateinn is a +5 Keen Adamantine Elven Courtblade that grants Evasion to it's wielder

Alacine's deadly blade is a focus of a singular effort. To create a weapon that can slice through the concept of life itself. Delving into the arts of the beyond this weapon is still a work in progress but has culminated in something effective enough to combat her enemies so far. When she evades magic it appears as though she simply slices through the spells with the sword, severing the strands of magic from reality as it passes through them.

Item Stuff: +6 Weapon 72000, Evasion as per Ring of Evasion 25000
, Glove of Storing (10 000), Bag of Holding Type IV (10 000), Necklace of Adaptation (9 000), 4000 gp

Blindingly beautiful, even Anasil's tail swirling around lends itself to her unearthly grace. The image burning into those watching her, often the last thing they see, slowly twists in their minds turning the heart wrenching desire into unmitigated horror as the twisted nature of the once good creature sears into a persons mental landscape.

Combat
Statistics above include Greater Mage Armor. She begins most combats casting a quickened shield spell and using stunning glance to disable enemy spellcasters or the most threatening thing she can see.

Demon Lord Upgrades

Alacine
Nymph (CR 7, 6HD), Archfiend (CR +2), Monster of Legend (CR +2), Leanan Sidhe (CR +0), Sorcerer 1, Abjurant Champion 5, Mystic Theurge 4 (Classes CR 5, HD 10), (Yugoloth)
Additional Spell-Like Abilities
   At-will - Animate Dead, Command Undead
   3/day - Cloudkill, Slay Living, Symbol of Death
   1/day - Create Undead, Destruction
Additional Weaknesses
Purity's Betrayal (Ex) Much as the fey turned from the path of light so too has purity redoubled to burn her for the transgression. Spells with the good descriptor ignore her deflection bonus to hit her (if they have an attack roll) and gain a +10 to caster level checks to penetrate her spell resistance.

Drawn to Destruction (Ex) - As powerful as her aura may be, even it has limits. Her own fascination with death has drawn the focus of the concept itself, so much as it can be, giving her a constant -2 to AC for as long as her deflection is enabled.

Special ability name List two special qualities and one special attack gained from archfiend template

Soul Ensnarement (Su) - Anasil's terrible beauty is such that if her full attention is focused on a single creature even their soul may forget how to live. If a creature is currently stunned by her Nymph's Stunning Glance ability, Anasil may spend a full round action to force that creature to save again or die. This ability only works on creatures with souls.

The Eternal Cycle of Life and Death (Su) - The experience of walking through the doors of death and crawling through horrors of beyond have given her insight into the realms of the soul itself. Paranoid of the journey and corrupted by the bleak nature of her plane, she has learned to manipulate and ride the flow of souls in extreme circumstances. Any creature she skill will have its soul absorbed and stored within her unholy body. If slain, she automatically releases a number of Hit Dice of souls equal to double her own in order to be transported back to her home plane where she will revive and be unable to leave her sanctum for one full day. During this time she cannot activate this ability again.

The Queen of the Damned (Su) - Undead within 60' gain Turn Resistance and a Bonus to Saving throws equal to her Charisma bonus against effects that specifically target Undead; This bonus does not apply to abilities or spells used by Anasil. In addition there is no limit to the number of undead she can control and any undead she creates or animates gains +2 hit points per hit die. This protection is disabled if her deflection is disabled using Smite Evil as detailed above.

Summon Yugoloth (Sp) - Once per day, she  may summon 1 Ultroloth or 1d4+1 Nycaloths. This ability functions as a 9th Level Spell.

Background

Life: Fall from Purity

Most of Anasil's life was calm and relatively uninteresting as most nymphs were, save for the occasional dalliance with a mortal. It would have remained that way, just another creature living life as a footnote in the annals of history, if it weren't for happenstance. Unlike the other fey, Anasil had attracted the attention of the schemes of a Baernaloth. It didn't select her for anything specific; She had no traits any more unique to her than any other nymph, either for good or ill, but as happens to any in a terrible accident the search for any specific meaning is ultimately fruitless.

It was a slow scheme, the ultimate ends of which as still not known, but it began with the assistance of his Night Hag followers. Enacting their dark rituals, Anasil was slowly tormented by visions of death and decay, of twisted depredations, and the eventual eternal silence of the grave for all things on her world. Life beginning and ending, not as a beautiful part of nature, but as a horrid mockery leaving the immortals alone until nothing remained but the dust and ash of the Grey Wastes stretching for eternity. They were subtle dreams, half remembered and slow building over the course of decades, until finally as she walked through the woods she came upon a fallen deer.

It wasn't a completely uncommon sight. It was simply a prey animal that had been hunted and eaten by another forest beast with only the leavings of some meat and bones left for the scavengers. It is the simple things that make people finally snap. Staring at the fallen creature and bile rising in her throat, she took the corpse with her into the depths of the woods. Dragging it down into her lair she began something that had never been done. She used druidic magic to raise the dead in the defiance of nature. It was a long process full of starts and stops with much trial and error as the plantlife around her twisted and warped with a gentle slow flow of corruptive energy fed into her by the observing Night Hags.

How much time she spent creating the eternal she did not know, to the outside world they were simply unaware. The large forest rarely had visitors to the extreme depths and with the slow decrease of game in the area people simply moved on with the thrum of industry and farming taking over with only a minor strain for a generation as villages adjusted. It was a slow lull that they should have heeded.

The villages at the edges of the forest began to vanish one by one leaving behind empty buildings, a few signs of struggle, but no bodies and little to indicate what was happening until it was too late. Undead poured from the forest made up of beasts, elves, humans, dwarves, and the corrupted remains of animated treants somehow lumbering along with sickening sap oozing with negative energy. Anasil knew she had to stop the extinction of the world. She would make the world into immortals.

Mind broken, the Baernaloth and his consorts watched with glee as the suffering of her world exploded like it had never seen before. Driven and relentless, every army, every town, and every band sent against her broke upon the ranks of the dead. There was no pity in her forces, no fear, no mercy, no need for supply lines, no sleep, no food, and no ending. No bargain could be struck with her nor was there any magical or political concession to make her pause. The damned couldn't be terrified or routed, wounds would not make them retreat, only utter destruction of clashing armies on scales unheard of were possible and each carrion field simply added more to her ranks.

Kingdom's united and fought, betrayed each other and broke plans when one discounted a threat or someone vied for position, but ultimately the world blackened and broke under her relentless troops until it only a few bastions remained. Terrified and desperate in a world consumed by the dead, the champions risked everything and opened a gate to the positive energy plane the likes of which had never been seen.

The crash of energy flowed through the world full of life and abundance, exploding with the essence of existence across billions of the dead. The explosion of negative energy from their demise was immense. The planet itself shattered leaving only fragments of rock still floating in the void, some with atmosphere and some without, white and black lightning battling in the center of it all holding the fragments near each other in an eternal war. If anything survived Anasil did not know.

Her body and soul were shoved through the planes, floating until she found an anchor with others. The other overlords might not have all shared her ideals but ultimately she saw the only path ahead. It wasn't just mortals that had to receive her caress but the gods themselves. They had started the endless cycle and she would claim one of the thrones of beyond to create her own playground. She provided armies, unyielding armies, to the group with her experimentation.

Prophecies and hearsay she discounted, the ally she had once who warned her of such things was dim in her memory now. Alexander's name stripped from her mind with the fall of their group by the forces of the heroes who had come to break their reign of terror in its entirety. It was in the final battle that she fell, her body completely destroyed and soul tossed along the astral winds.

It was just as planned. The Baernaloth finally moved as the corrupt fey spirit floated between planes unclaimed by all. Just as corrupted fey spirits had created the Night Hags at first, it was time for their new grand experiment to begin.

Death: The Torment of Creation and Rise

Anasil's soul was guided through the astral winds by a Baernaloth and the coven that formed his consorts, dragged down into the Grey Wastes to continue as scheme as dark as it was mad. Creating the original Yugoloth's had been successful, even twisting them into Altraloth variants had proved a great amusement to the mysterious creature. What it had not tried, successfully yet at least, was to use the same twisted magic that formed the Yugoloth's and created Altraloth's from them on a fey soul that had the same taint as the original spirits that formed the Night Hags. This time the experiment would succeed.

Profane rights and rituals alongside horrors words could not express, the twisted magic went to work on Anasil's soul. The seeds of creation placed in her depths melded with the evil of the place. The essence of those damned to the place that would fade into larvae were funneled into the cauldron, pouring the stolen desires and rage into the pot to leave Anasil's soul to stew.

The creation that emerged wasn't far from her original form, save for the demonic tail and pitiless eyes. Phase two completed, the Baernaloth tossed the newly seeded and still weak Altraloth into Gehenna with the rest of the Yugoloths to see just how she would fair. Anasil fled most of the others, bullied and tormented as she tried to avoid notice in the ever shifting ranks of the mercenary race.

She might have remained in the minor position or been destroyed in the dark place if it wasn't for fate, or those manipulating it, stepping in. She was summoned back into the material plane by a wizard on the path of the lich by the name of Struckhec. He had bargained and worked his way through the ranks of the damned to find a creature he thought would sympathize with his desire for eternity, the creature formed by the corrupted Nymph and what was once an Overlord as he aspired to be, unfortunately having been misled into thinking she was a Devil. Struckhec had been harried on all sides by adventurers, his keep assailed and his armies broken with even the location of his phylactery discovered. Holding the gem he had inscribed with his arcane rituals and a contract to keep the thing safe in the outer planes and to ensure his safe return when he was destroyed in exchange for arcane knowledge and continued payments in gold.

Surprisingly Anasil kept the contract with Struckhec for quite some time, lending the lich the edge he needed to keep returning over and over with no hero able to find and put an end to the foul creature. The gold he poured into her coffers was spent nearly as soon as arrived each time, protection payments and securing a relatively safe location in Gehenna expensive and hard to afford otherwise when one wasn't viewed as especially threatening as Anasil was at the time.

Struckhec himself might have one day been an overlord himself if not for one key mistake; Thinking that Anasil cared for his cause or the contract she had signed would prove his downfall. A group of holy warriors and good adventurers forming a party known as the Silver Strung Bow finally agreed to do what had to be done to end the threat of Struckhec once and for all. They summoned Anasil to bargain. Her terms for ending Struckhec were simple, the holy sword of the kingdom they came from had to be dipped in the River of Blood and returned to her. The tale of that task itself is one for the history books but that book is not Anasil's story.

They struck the bargain and completed it, handing her the corrupted blade, and she in turn took the gem of Struckhec in hand and broke it in the dark plane. It was then that her ascension truly began. The soul of the great lich freed was visible to her sight and she grasped hold of the thing, cradling it and wrapping it gently in her hands before devouring it whole. The ripple of power that flowed through her twisted the nearby terrain and sent a pulse, albeit tiny, through the fabric of reality. Somewhere, the Baernaloth smiled as the lich soul melded with the seed it had planted to grow what it had started.

Eternity: The Horror of Gehenna

The rise of Anasil after she had obtained her strength is bloody but relatively uninteresting in the grand scheme of things. The mercenaries of Gehenna were always a violent and fractious bunch. Only one thing set her apart, something that even the Ultraloth's feared and made devil, demon, angel, or undead quake at the prospect of risking a loss to her sword and spells. She hungered.

Outsiders melded body and soul into one but at least they returned to the depths of their home plane if destroyed elsewhere. Those who had come to hear of Anasil avoided or plotted against her once her innate strength became known. Those who fought her in any realm never returned. Holy or profane, mortal or immortal, ghost, vampire, or lich, she devoured the souls of those who fell to her and slowly bathed in the power of the dead to expand her own.

Her sights would aim back to the heavens and expanses of hell again as her strength mustered. Now, she would devour the gods themselves. Stepping on this path towards the iron fortress from a vision, her path was set. Somewhere in the multiverse, a Baernaloth smiled.

Enemies

Anasil is specifically considered a target by a number of enemies: The Cult of Struckhec, who hope to force her to release his soul for his resurrection; The Silver Strung Bow, the adventuring group and their decedents who bear the blame for her creation; and any survivors of Bochi for the atrocities she committed there that eventually broke the world.

Aspects

Pending
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

I can't really wrap my head around CR.

A vampire template has a +2 CR;
An ogre has a +3 to CR;
And each level in a class equals +1, meaning that you can be a level 11 vampire ogre?  Is that right?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Lockepick

Every character is using d8, correct? Even if their base race/class would be a HIGHER HD?

Vampire Lord adds +1 HP per level (on top of the d12 HD) -- would I get that bonus or no?

Biggest change so far is that Methu was originally a psychic vampire -- which was a big mistake, since that requires trading away Energy Drain which is pretty integral to the rest of the character (like taking Soul Eater). So he'll just be a basic Vampire -- and I might take something akin to that as a future Attack when/if we level up.

Can we play with the character sheet template a little? Frankly -- I just hate how Attributes/Saving Throws are at the bottom of monster sheets (Compared to PC sheets).

Are we allowing/using any of the following mechanics/rules:
- Item Familiars?
- Pathfinder Skills vs DnD Skills?
- Removing XP cost from spells (GP = 5 x XP cost?)?
- Magical Locations?
- Chaos Shuffle for Feats?

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

LizzieV

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on January 31, 2018, 04:37:40 PM
I can't really wrap my head around CR.

A vampire template has a +2 CR;
An ogre has a +3 to CR;
And each level in a class equals +1, meaning that you can be a level 11 vampire ogre?  Is that right?

From what I've picked up each class level is really 1/2 CR. The main thing to pay attention to is there isn't only a CR cap but also a HD cap. So you can't take like 32 levels of wizard to be a CR 16.

So with an ogre you'd have CR 3 (HD 4), Vampire +2, then you could take at most 12 more levels of classes to bring you by +6 CR and + 12 HD leaving you at CR 11, HD 16. At that point you need to find 5 CR of templates to flesh things out since you can't add any more HD.
O/O

Lockepick

@Pistoleer: You need 16 CR and 16 HD -- if you end with an odd number of HD, you can add +1 racial dice. Every class level = +.5 HD and +1 CR.

So Vampire Ogre with 11 Levels would be:
Archfiend Template:    +2 CR | 0 HD
Vampire:   +2 CR | 0 HD
Ogre:   +3 CR | 4 HD
10 Levels:   +5CR | 10 HD
Totals:   12 CR | 14 HD

Which means you'd have +4 CR and 2 HD left. You could do two more levels, and then add +3 CR in Templates; or +4 CR in Templates.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: indarkestknight on January 31, 2018, 02:30:15 PM
Mind Blank already cockblocks all divinations.

I suppose the biggest risk is being detected by another incorporeal creature, though with darkstalker uou at least have a chance to avoid detection by incorporeal

The only other obscure means of detection I don't think you automatically beat is the Stalker of Kharaah's Scent of Evil, as it neither explicitly excludes undead nor counts as divination.

So... either avoid them, or make it a personal point to wipe every Stalker of Kharash from the universe?

Honestly, the trouble you get into with 3.5 is that there's such a volume of material that you can't possibly account for and counter everything. There's always going to be something you missed.

Yeah, i dont plan to eliminate every obscure niche ability. just the broad ones. I cant do anything about true uniques anyways.

Kunoichi

Quote from: Kimera on January 31, 2018, 02:38:18 PM
Yeah, pretty much looking for a huge terror from the deep. I would say mostly physical migth, though some spell-like abilities never hurt ^^

Ah.  If you had been willing to go for a smaller size and more of a focus on innate abilities, I was going to suggest taking a Sirine and taking all 10 levels of the Siren prestige class from Savage Species to make a sort of wandering aquatic songstress who lures people to their doom.  As it is, it looks like you and Sain both have rather similar character concepts. ^^;

Quote from: Lockepick on January 31, 2018, 02:42:34 PM
@GMs: Can I suggest we modify one of the first few posts with any house rules or even FAQs (like the CL !> HD; How Class Level = 1/2 CR, how monster attributes are calculated, etc). I know this was a thing in Legendary Monsters that I had to comb through (eventually) hundreds of pages to find where a house rule was listed.

I’m already planning to edit those into the opening post when I get home later tonight, but I will note that Class Level = 1/2 CR is actually already listed in the rules.

Quote from: LizzieV on January 31, 2018, 03:18:43 PM
Sort of a work in progress still but you can see the bare bones of it. I haven't done equipment, skills and such yet but you can see the framework. I wasn't sure if 30-ish was the target AC or the lower bound so I might need to... tone things down depending since I can easily top 70 AC and I'm quite ways away from finishing listing everything.

I’ll have to take a closer look later tonight, but one thing that strikes me immediately is that your special weakness might be a bit too severe, given that even some of your own party members might wind up triggering it.  As for the AC question, when we ran into that issue the last time this template was used, it was ruled that taking a special weakness that lowered the character’s AC down to about 36-40 and gaining a feat in return was a fitting solution.  I think that same solution should probably work well again.

Quote from: Lockepick on January 31, 2018, 04:39:48 PM
Every character is using d8, correct? Even if their base race/class would be a HIGHER HD?

Vampire Lord adds +1 HP per level (on top of the d12 HD) -- would I get that bonus or no?

Biggest change so far is that Methu was originally a psychic vampire -- which was a big mistake, since that requires trading away Energy Drain which is pretty integral to the rest of the character (like taking Soul Eater). So he'll just be a basic Vampire -- and I might take something akin to that as a future Attack when/if we level up.

Can we play with the character sheet template a little? Frankly -- I just hate how Attributes/Saving Throws are at the bottom of monster sheets (Compared to PC sheets).

Are we allowing/using any of the following mechanics/rules:
- Item Familiars?
- Pathfinder Skills vs DnD Skills?
- Removing XP cost from spells (GP = 5 x XP cost?)?
- Magical Locations?
- Chaos Shuffle for Feats?

I’m almost out of time, so I’ll have to answer most of these questions when I get home, but it’s yes to that first question, at least.  You use d8s instead of d12s because your type changed from undead to outsider.  On the bright side, you do at least get all good saves and full BAB as a trade off.

Re Z L

Hmmm...  This game premise sounds vaguely familiar...  ;D

I don't suppose the lovely Nyag'thon would still work...

Let's see here...
A&A

Sain

WIP
Ungrah

Size/Type: Huge/Outsider   
Hit Dice:    16d8+224 (307 hp)
Initiative:    +13
Speed:       10 ft. (2 squares), swim 60 ft, flight 60 ft (good maneuverability).
Armor Class:    40 (-2 size, +8 Dex, +7+5 Natural, +4 armor, +8 Wis), touch 24, flat-footed 32
Base Attack/Grapple:    +16/+24
Attack:    Tentacle +33 melee (2d4+19 plus slime)
Full Attack:    4 tentacles +33 melee (2d4+19 plus slime)
Space/Reach:    15 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Enslave, psionics, slime, Deadly Touch, Smite Good, Raging Blood, Deliberating Aura, Smite Good,    
Special Qualities: Aquatic subtype, darkvision 60 ft., mucus cloud, telepathy 300ft, DR 20/magic and good, Spell Resistance 29, immune to enchantment spells and effects; acid; poison, Fast healing 5, Regrow Limbs, Resistance to cold 10, electricity 10, and fire 10.
Spell like abilities: DC: 10 + Spell level + Cha(+12)
At will--Charm person, Detect Good, Expansion (3rd level), Bite of The Wolf (3rd level), hypnotic pattern (DC 24), illusory wall (DC 26), mirage arcana (DC 27), persistent image (DC 27), programmed image (DC 28), project image (DC 29), veil (DC 28).
3/day--Symbol of Death, Feeblemind (5th level), Break Enhancement (5th level)
1/day--sleep, Tasha'a hideous laughter or suggestion, emotion, lesser geas, hold monster, Mass invisibility, Geas/quest, Regenerate (7th level), Charm Monster (7th level)
1/week--
Martial Maneuvers Known (Readied 4) (IL 9th, DC)
-Hunter’s Sense (stance)
-Crushing Weight of the Mountain (stance)
-Burning Brand
-Dancing Mongoose
-Flesh Ripper
-Rapid Wolf Strike
-Fountain of Blood
-Charging Minotaur
-Emerald Razor
Meldshaping (DC: 10+essentia+Cha), Essentia capacity 3, Chakra Binds 1 (totem)
Soulmelds 4:
-Wormtail Belt
-Ankegh Breastplate (shaped)
-Girallon Arms (shaped & bound to toem)
-Dragon Tail (shaped)
Saves:    Fort +39, Ref +33, Will +33
Abilities:    Str 49, Dex 26, Con 38, Int 18, Wis 26, Cha 34
Skills:    Many
Feats:    Improved Initiative, Multiattack, Skill Focus (Diplomacy), Improved Multiattack, Combat Reflexes, Vile Natural Attack, Dark Speech,
Environment:    Somewhere very very deep
Organization:    Solitary
Challenge Rating:    16
Alignment:    Chaotic Evil
Treasure:    

Description here

Combat

AC Bonus:
Starting at 2nd level, you can add your Wisdom modifier as a bonus to Armor Class, so long as you wear light armor, are unencumbered, and do not use a shield. This bonus to AC applies even against touch attacks or when you are flat-footed. However, you lose this bonus when you are immobilized or helpless.

Auras (Ex)
The marshal exerts an effect on allies in his vicinity. He can learn to produce different effects, or auras, over the course of his career. The marshal may project one minor aura and (starting at 2nd level) one major aura at a time.

Projecting an aura is a swift action (see Chapter 2: Magic). The aura remains in effect until the marshal uses a free action to dismiss it or activates another aura of the same kind (major or minor). A marshal can have an aura active continually; thus, an aura can be in effect at the start of a combat encounter even before the marshal takes his first turn.

Activating an aura involves haranguing, ordering, directing, encouraging, cajoling, or calming allies. A marshal sizes up the enemy, allies, and the terrain, then gives allies the direction that they can use to do their best.

Unless otherwise noted, a marshal's aura affects all allies within 60 feet (including himself) who can hear the marshal. An ally must have an Intelligence score of 3 or higher and be able to understand the marshal's language to gain the bonus. A marshal's aura is dismissed if he is dazed, unconscious, stunned, paralyzed, or otherwise unable to be heard or understood by his allies.

All bonuses granted by a marshal's auras are circumstance bonuses that do not stack with each other.

Minor Auras known:
-Force of Will: Bonus on Will saves.
-Demand Fortitude: Bonus on Fortitude saves.
Major Aura known:
-Motivate Attack

Aura of Evil (Ex)
The power of a paladin of slaughter’s aura of evil (see the detect evil spell) is equal to her paladin of slaughter level, just as with the aura of a cleric of an evil deity.

Astral Projection (Su)
Any Archfiend may use astral projection as the spell, at a caster level equal to their Hit Dice, when within the astral projection room of an iron fortress or a similar locale built into their own personal domains.

Deadly Touch (Su)
Beginning at 2nd level, a paladin of slaughter can cause wounds with a successful touch attack. Each day she can deal a total number of hit points of damage equal to her paladin level × her Charisma bonus. An opponent subjected to this attack can make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 paladin level + paladin’s Cha modifier) to halve the damage dealt. Alternatively, a paladin of slaughter can use any or all of this power to cure damage to undead creatures, just as an inflict wounds spell does. This power otherwise functions identically to the paladin’s lay on hands ability.

Divine Grace (Su)
At 2nd level, a paladin gains a bonus equal to her Charisma bonus (if any) on all saving throws.

Discipline Focus (Ex) (natural attack tentacle):
Weapon Focus: At 1st level, you gain the benefit of the Weapon Focus feat for weapons associated with the chosen discipline.

Enslave (Su)
Three times per day, an aboleth can attempt to enslave any one living creature within 30 feet. The target must succeed on a DC 26 Will save or be affected as though by a dominate person spell (caster level 16th). An enslaved creature obeys the aboleth’s telepathic commands until freed by remove curse, and can attempt a new Will save every 24 hours to break free. The control is also broken if the aboleth dies or travels more than 1 mile from its slave. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Fast Healing (Ex)
A monster of legend regains lost hit points at the rate of 5 per round.

Psionics (Sp)
At will—hypnotic pattern (DC 24), illusory wall (DC 26), mirage arcana (DC 27), persistent image (DC 27), programmed image (DC 28), project image (DC 29), veil (DC 28). Effective caster level 16th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

Raging Blood (Su)
Choose whether the monster of legend has acid, fire, or electricity in its blood. Each time damage is dealt to the creature with a piercing or slashing attack, its blood sprays outward in a 5-foot cone, dealing 1d4 points of acid damage to all within range (no saving throw). A monster of legend is not harmed by its own blood.

Regrow limbs (Ex)
If the creature loses a limb, head, or body part, a new one grows in 1 round. A monster of legend with this ability cannot be slain by a vorpal weapon's head-severing ability.

Slime (Ex)
A blow from an aboleth’s tentacle can cause a terrible affliction. A creature hit by a tentacle must succeed on a DC 32 Fortitude save or begin to transform over the next 1d4+1 minutes, the skin gradually becoming a clear, slimy membrane. An afflicted creature must remain moistened with cool, fresh water or take 1d12 points of damage every 10 minutes. The slime reduces the creature’s natural armor bonus by 1 (but never to less than 0). The save DC is constitution based.

A remove disease spell cast before the transformation is complete will restore an afflicted creature to normal. Afterward, however, only a heal or mass heal spell can reverse the affliction.

Smite Good (Su)
Once per day, a paladin of slaughter may attempt to smite good with one normal melee attack. This ability is otherwise identical to the standard paladin’s ability to smite evil, including increased daily uses as the paladin of slaughter gains class levels.

Totem’s Protection:
At 3rd level you gain +4 bonus on saving throws against the supernatural abilities of magical beasts.

Mucus Cloud (Ex)
An aboleth underwater surrounds itself with a viscous cloud of mucus roughly 1 foot thick. Any creature coming into contact with and inhaling this substance must succeed on a DC 32 Fortitude save or lose the ability to breathe air for the next 3 hours. An affected creature suffocates in 2d6 minutes if removed from the water. Renewed contact with the mucus cloud and failing another Fortitude save continues the effect for another 3 hours. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Wild Empathy (Ex):
As the druid class ability. You gain +4 on wild empathy checks made to influence reactions of magical beasts of the same kind as beast associated with the soulmeld bound to your chakra.

Quick to Act (Ex):
You gain a +1 bonus on initiative checks.

WIP Demon Lord Template
Ungrah
Aboleth (HD 8 CR 7), Monster of Legend (CR+2), Half-Fey (CR+1), Paladin of Slaughter (HD 2 CR 1), (Totemist HD 4 CR 2), Swordsage (HD 2 CR 1), (Yogoloth)
Additional Spell-Like Abilities
   At-will - Expansion (3rd level), Bite of The Wolf (3rd level)
   3/day - Feeblemind, Break Enhancement (5th level), Symbol of Death
   1/day - Regenerate (7th level), Charm Monster (7th level)

Summon (type) (Sp): Once per day, an Ungrath may summon other creatures that share a type or subtype with her. 1 Ultroloth or 1d6+2 Echinoloth. This ability functions as a 9th-level spell.

Fey Hunger(Ex)
Ungrah’s magically infused body is sustained by the fresh flesh of Fey and Fae related creatures (elves will do in a pinch). She needs to consume half her HD worth of Fey creatures per day. No other sustenance nourishes her. However, Ungrah’s body can gorge on an excess of Fey, storing up to her HD worth of Fey HD and thus able to stave off the consequences for a while.

Once hungry Ungrah will not starve normally, but rather takes one unresisted temporary negative level per day of hunger until only 5 HD remain, and suffers as follows:
-Day 1: Lose access to Demon Lord template granted special attack.
-Day 3: All innate healing and regeneration abilities are slowed down and are per hour instead of per turn.
-Day 5: Innate healing and regeneration abilities are slowed down by one day. Base flight, walk, and swim speed are halved.
-When Ungrah has only 5 HD remaining she has a 75% chance to enter forced slumber. Ungrah can test again every day to see if she wakes up.

Ungrah can recover from her starved form by consuming her daily portion Fey, but after being so hungry it takes one day to digest and recover.

Depths Dried (Ex)
Damage or spells that deal with deccidation, such as horrid wilting, bypass all of Ungrath’s spell and damage resistances.

Aura of Depths (Su):
Ungrath gives off a 60-foot radius emanation of suffocating depths of the Abyss. Her  surroundings darken and gain an oppressive atmosphere with sounds and colours dulling as if deep beneath the waves. All breathing creatures within 60 feet of a drowned are treated as if beneath water in terms of being able to breathe. The drowning aura accelerates the process of drowning.

Normally, a creature can hold its breath for a number of rounds equal to twice its Constitution score before it begins to drown. Within the Aura of Depths, a creature can only hold its breath if it makes a DC 10+Con Constitution check every round. Each round, the DC increases by 1. When the character finally fails its Constitution check, it begins to drown. In the first round, it falls unconscious (0 hit points). In the following round, it drops to –1 hit points and is dying. In the third round, if still in the drowning aura, it drowns. In addition the aura imposes tremendous underwater pressure on those caught within and deals. An additional DC 15 save negates, though the save increases by 1 each round. An afflicted creature suffers 16d6 bludgeoning damage at the start of their turn and falls prone. If failed the creature must make a strength check to move. Aquatic creatures which can withstand deep ocean pressures are immune to its effects (GM discretion to decide what is deep sea creature).

Deep Slumber (Ex):
Ungrath can enter deep slumber when she has suffered at least one negative level from her Fey Hunger. In this state Ungrath acts as if affected by the Sequester spell (CL her HD), except as noted below. Her magical, supernatural, alignment and psionic auras are suppressed so that she appears as non-living matter. She gains +30 circumstance bonus to disguise herself as an underwater rock or coral formation. This sets the DC for an investigation check required to recognize her as a living creature. To awaken Ungrath Fey blood must be spilled in the vicinity. 

Deep Luminescence (Su):
As a free action, Ungrath can ignite a series of small iridescent lights on her body, producing brilliant patterns of dancing, shimmering light. When this ability is activated, the 5-foot square in the front section of her body is illuminated, with shadowy illumination stretching for an additional 5-foot radius. However, the effect also suppresses other light in a 60 ft radius, covering it in magical darkness (the illuminated area remains visible even through the darkness). When activated this ability increases the DC of Ungrath's enchantment spell-like abilities by 3 and allows them to function on creatures otherwise immune to them. However, Deep Luminescence does not affect constructs, undead, or mindless creatures.

I'm also out of time. Too damn sleepy >_>

I've got 5 class levels to pick after taking 3 in Paladin of Slaughter. Any suggestions? Something without spellcasting that could make my character better at grappling.

I would also like to make some sort of beefy ultimate ranged attack for the special demon lord attack. Perhaps something like extra far reaching line breath weapon of some useful energy type like force. Sort of want the character to be mostly grappling and doing melee stuff and then offer some ranged help with big boom beam every 1d4 turns etc.

I think I may need to think about getting some actual damage and more natural attacks too though if I wish the concept to actually work in play.