Welcome to The Salem Institute of Magic! - [ Recruiting!! Adults now Open!!][HP]

Started by Codexa, April 15, 2016, 10:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codexa

Quote from: MisoThe Mouse on April 25, 2016, 11:53:56 PM
Can we make a character of one of the existing families?

Potentially, yes. Make sure you PM that characters player, and talk with them about what might be available. :)

RegretNot

Quodpot update.

After looking into suggestions and for variance as well as an "american" spin I think we are going to ditch brooms for "mercury shoes" (magically enhanced shoes capable of bursts of flight) and likely adding shoulder pads much like hockey or lacrosse as no doubt impact and injury becomes even worse with leaping and throwing.  Any thoughts on this change?

Praxis

Quote from: RegretNot on April 26, 2016, 11:09:37 AM
Quodpot update.

After looking into suggestions and for variance as well as an "american" spin I think we are going to ditch brooms for "mercury shoes" (magically enhanced shoes capable of bursts of flight) and likely adding shoulder pads much like hockey or lacrosse as no doubt impact and injury becomes even worse with leaping and throwing.  Any thoughts on this change?

Sounds rad.

Crash

Quote from: RegretNot on April 26, 2016, 11:09:37 AM
Quodpot update.

And Max is definitely going to play.  This is awesome!

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

CurvyKitten

YAAY new characters, I'm still open to links so feel free to poke me. I sent lots of feelers out I do believe :) I'm hoping they pay off!

Auctor

Awesome, We can make two characters right? Because i have 2 in mind, a pureblood from roman decent that believes that the magical world should be united like the Rome of old, an a no mag Bostonite with Irish heritage who values the freedoms America has and hates the backwards thinking of the magical community, at least the pure bloods.

Codexa

Intriguing concepts!

and yes, two characters are allowed to start with. :)

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Codexa on April 26, 2016, 12:57:57 PM
Intriguing concepts!

and yes, two characters are allowed to start with. :)

Ahh so we are limited to two...ok I will behave. ~nods and sits on hands~

Caela

Quote from: CurvyKitten on April 26, 2016, 01:03:07 PM

She said "to start"! You can always get that 3rd written up and just have the CS waiting in the wings to send once your allowed!  >:)

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Caela

And for my own second character concept...Ali Larter reserved for Caela...she'll be a No-Maj (seriously, this term disappoints me from JK, it just sounds lazy and unimaginitive) born and very much an American in her attitudes lol.

Heya Crash. :D

Codexa

Quote from: CurvyKitten on April 26, 2016, 01:03:07 PM
Quote from: Caela on April 26, 2016, 01:57:21 PM
She said "to start"! You can always get that 3rd written up and just have the CS waiting in the wings to send once your allowed!  >:)

Hehehe. The two character rule is more a suggested limit. But if a writer has all the plots bunnies and they just refuse to be quieted, and the writer feels that they can devote themselves to three characters more or less equally. Then us the GM's are quite willing to give the green light in those cases. :D

We just want to make sure that characters don't get created and left to collect dust ^.~

CurvyKitten

The only time a character collects dust with me is when I end up not being able to get scenes, links and plots. It's not that my muse doesn't want to, but sometimes the chances just aren't there. So they end up sitting in the back ground collecting dust unfortunately.

Cyndain

Untamed Skies

Alrighty the Leventus Family has been approved so as you guys finish your own families and need branching out. Feel free to give me a poke.

*begins work on the characters now*

Rebelle

My second char has been approved.

Untamed - I am going to be contacting you either tonight after my second shift or tomorrow after my second shift about pureblood etc.

Codexa

Quote from: CurvyKitten on April 26, 2016, 02:22:10 PM
The only time a character collects dust with me is when I end up not being able to get scenes, links and plots. It's not that my muse doesn't want to, but sometimes the chances just aren't there. So they end up sitting in the back ground collecting dust unfortunately.

^.^ That sorta thing happens to us all...

I didn't mean to sound like I was assuming folks would be throwing out characters and then neglecting them. xD Not my intention at all. I apologize if it came across that way.

*Blames a severe lack of sleep.... thanks to horror movies because she's a pansy.*

>.>

Also, for those who have sent in CS's - You should hear back from us soon!

Auctor

Can I face claim Gerard Butler and Tom Hiddleston if available please?

Auctor

Sorry just noticed the code.

Gerard Butler reserved for Kargrisaka
Tom Hiddleston reserved for Kargrisaka

CurvyKitten

I blame you all for this...<,<..>.> (totally TheHangedMan at least because he said DOOO IT!) LOL

Marie Avgeropoulos reserved for Curvykitten

TheHangedOne

I will take full responsibility for these shenanigans. I am just getting into Rune's mindset.  ;D
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Crash

Quote from: TheHangedMan on April 26, 2016, 04:39:36 PM
I will take full responsibility for these shenanigans. I am just getting into Rune's mindset.  ;D

I approve of all shenanigans.

Caela

Random musing: It's always interesting when characters go off in directions that are entirely different than you'd originally envisioned for them!

Untamed Skies

Quote from: Rebelle on April 26, 2016, 03:53:13 PM
My second char has been approved.

Untamed - I am going to be contacting you either tonight after my second shift or tomorrow after my second shift about pureblood etc.

Cool I'll keep an eye out  :-)

VioletPanda

Quote from: Caela on April 26, 2016, 06:17:31 PM
Random musing: It's always interesting when characters go off in directions that are entirely different than you'd originally envisioned for them!

That's happening to me right now! Darren was supposed to be this super bright stand up for the little guy...guy. Now he's a revolutionary? How the heck?  :o
Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os