Elementals

Started by DominantPoet, August 31, 2013, 08:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DominantPoet

I've always been curious as to what people would do with the powers of the elements if they had them.

You have the power to manipulate water, fire, air, earth, bend them to your will and the only limit is your imagination. What do you do with them? Do you do good, do you do evil? Or do you just escape into a child like life of play and experiment?

Personally -

Water - I would increase the Earths amount of drinkable water, and I would divert water away from cities so as to avert floods and disasters, much like the recent tragedy in Alberta with flooding. I would also use it for my own amusement, freeze and unfreeze empty lakes and what not, make ice towers and sculptures, and bring rain and water to areas of the world that do not have enough. And I would have it rain almost constantly through the summer as well *laughs* I would also explore the oceans and all the land we don't see, all the creatures and life we know is there but ignore.

Fire - I would almost purely have fun with this, see what happens to various things when they burn, burn patterns and images into wood and other substances, see what it would be like to throw fireballs, and cook food to a perfect temperature easily as well.

Air - Flying. And I would purify it the world over for easier breathing for all

Earth - Create an island for myself where no one could find me, unless I wanted them to!

Thorneblood

Water Element:
I would use the wide availability to water to make the oldest legends about it being a passage between the realm of the living and the realm of a spirit into a reality. In much the same way that alice steps through the looking glass, the average person would be able to step into a pool of water anywhere in the world and enter into a realm of gentle dreams or vicious nightmares.

Fire Element:
I would infuse the elemental power of fire into chunks of obsidian to create an efficient power source for a variety of personal, professional and military grade weapons and armaments. I would also make it so that anyone who tried to burn ants, pill bugs, etc would instead force feed that insect an intense amount of energy that would make them grow exponentially in size so that the bug could face its attacker on even ground.

Air Element:
I would shape the clouds and the storms into herds of horses that one could mount and race across the heavens with.

Earth:
I would open a vast cavern deep within the earth and fill it with the light of heaven. Here, within the very heart of the world, the most ancient and perfect spirits of all creation would reside and help shape the ongoing fate of humanity and the world. 
I am weary of planning and toiling in the crowded hives of men; Heart weary of building and spoiling and spoiling and building again; And I long for the dear old river where I dreamed my youth away; For a dreamer lives forever, And a toiler dies in a day.

On/Off