Team Sport? London United. (Interest Check)

Started by JackWhite, November 20, 2011, 05:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackWhite

Quote from: Kaya on January 03, 2012, 09:16:01 AM
I hope he doesn't see a red card each time she gets fouled.  ;)

I f he does then we have found our first bench player.

ryanmcallister80

Well, he may struggle to control himself if she's close by..

Kaya

Quote from: ryanmcallister80 on January 03, 2012, 09:20:58 AM
Well, he may struggle to control himself if she's close by..

Actually, I would expect any proper guy to react in some way if he sees a girl suffer a really horrible sliding tackle and writhe on the ground in agony. That is just one of the complications the team psychology department (if there is one) will have to deal with. Although I'd expect that to be a rare occasion, since the opposing team would normally be as hesitating to tackle a girl with full force as her team is protective of her.

JackWhite

You're character gives the game a special twist.

Kaya

By the way, how do the jerseys of London United look like? And would the management provide a special "girly" jersey for Leia?

Kaya

I won't start to discuss fashion here, but does it need to be yellow?  ;)

What about a more girly variant of the jersey for Leia?

JackWhite

Quote from: Kaya on January 03, 2012, 09:50:29 AM
What about a more girly variant of the jersey for Leia?

Your jersey will be a little narrower around the waist. Something like:

With the same colours and pattern as the male ones.

JackWhite

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Jan Van Steenbergen
Orientation: Straight
Height: 6'2
Personal Information

Jan was a Belgian player. He was one of the most promising youth players of RSC Anderlecht but when he turned 17 his parents decided to move away to England. There was no way that Jan could stay at his favourite club. He had to find a new club in London. It wasn't that hard, even the Premier League teams wanted him on their courts but he chose for the smaller thirth division club London United. When he was 18 he made his first appearance in the first team. So far he had made himself important by shooting the club to the promotion. In the Coca-Cola Championship he showed his value at young age and now with his 21 years he's one of the key players in the team. As he was the leading scorer of the team in the previous season the fans demand a good season from him again. He could be one of the most important players if London United really wanted to promote to the Premier League for the first time.

He has everything that a striker needs. Jan is a good header, he is gifted with a pretty good technique and is physically strong but he doesn't weight to much which makes him faster than most defenders.

Personality

He's a kind man who was well-spoken. These things made him the right man for the press and the team. Even though he was only 21 years of age he was the captain of the group. He was a real leader on and outside the pitch. He wasn't looking for all the attention but if they wanted him for those things he did them. Jan was someone you could trust too. He was someone that always helped his friends if they needed him.

yobo

Can I join as well? I have an idea for a goalkeeper.

yobo

Great. Will get the character sheet together tomorrow.  :-)

Rachubka

Aaaah! Crazy footy fan from Canada, here. :D

I absolutely love the idea, more so because there's just footy involved more than anything, haha. Problem is, much like Kaya, I'm not too keen on playing a boy. So, I got to thinking...

What if London FC is actually in a co-ed league? The status of the team is much the same as it would be when originally thought up, but it would make the idea of females on the team less... taboo. This also opens up a whole new can of worms in regards to the other team. Not to say that there would just be random 'scenes' on the pitch, but it there would definitely be room for more sexually charged encounters.

OR, if you'd rather, maybe there can just be another girl on the team? :)

Kaya

While Leia would not like another girl on the team at first (sharing the attention? nah!), I as the player am not opposed to that. I would still like Leia to be the very first woman playing in a men's league though, so maybe she can come in a little later?

I am not a fan of the idea of a co-ed league though, that would take too much away from the novelty.

I'd rather have Leia open the door for another female player by simply playing well. Maybe the new girl is already under contract, but her getting on the team depends on how Leia does and whether or not the press accepts this idea?

JackWhite

If someone has some time and is skilled at photoshop, I won't stop you from making a logo for our team. ;D

Stan'

Name: James McCall
Orientation: Heterosexual
Height: 6'
Weight: 165 lbs

Playing Career: Clyde, Rangers, SM Caen, London Utd

Position: Attacking Midfield (Right/Left/Centre)
Personality/Abilities: At the tail-end of his prime, James was never one of the fastest players on the park, and that weakness has become more noticeable within the last season-or-two.  However, he is still known to put in a shift-and-a-half for the team -- and his wonderful passing ability still creates chance-after-chance for the men in front of him.  A guaranteed 10-15 goals-a-season midfielder (with very few of them coming from inside the box) he has an impressive sliding tackle and ball-winning ability for an attacking player.  He's the kind of player that defenders love to have playing in front of them.

A leader both on (and off) the pitch, James has one of the more dominant personalities on the team.  Known to be a heavy drinker, he's turned up at the training ground feeling the effects of the previous night on more than one occasion but has so far got away with it.  His previous employers (Rangers) shipped him out to France for a year in hopes that some time away from Glasgow would keep him out of trouble.  After spending a weekend in a jail cell (and missing the big French derby) his contract was torn up.  London Utd then came calling.

His biggest concerns right now is that a woman has joined the team... something which he has been rather vocal about.

Kaya

Quote from: Stan' on January 04, 2012, 07:53:59 AM
His biggest concerns right now is that a woman has joined the team... something which he has been rather vocal about.

I like it. Someone to convince!  ;)

I take it he has not met Leia yet?

MrDisclosure

Are we looking for club personnel/management as well? If so, I'd have a suggestion

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Frank Hill
Orientation: (Very) Straight
Height/Weight: 6' / 175 lb

Personal Information:
Frank is a bit of an upstart. Coming from a working-class background, he had been a celebrated sweeper for London United in his late teens and early twenties, on his way to a pro career, when a bad training accident had stopped those dreams.

Around that time, he got involved with the club owner's daughter, eventually marrying her. After he had finished his studies, his father-in-law (could also be mother in law, to make for an interesting alternative) offered him a position in the club management. Frank promptly agreed to take over that position.

Personality:
Frank is a peculiar person to be with. He has fought his way to his position by all means possible and impossible. As a business person he is as tough as his playing style had been, slick, but charismatic. Around women, he can be very charming and flirting, which has lead to a string of affairs with other female staff, business associates and the one or other wife or girlfriend of a player.
[tr][td]
If you like any of my plays, let me know,
and we may cook up something of our own...
[/td][td]    [/td][td][/td][td] [/td][td][/td][td]    [/td]
[td][/td][td] [/td][td][/td][td]    [/td][td]
Movie Quote of the Moment:
T. McG.: What did happen exactly (last night)?
J.T.: The earth moved. The angels wept. The polaroids...are in my other coat.
[/td][/tr][/table]

MrDisclosure

Quote from: JackWhite on January 04, 2012, 11:56:49 AM
We can always use a good management.

In that case, consider my character as set.
[tr][td]
If you like any of my plays, let me know,
and we may cook up something of our own...
[/td][td]    [/td][td][/td][td] [/td][td][/td][td]    [/td]
[td][/td][td] [/td][td][/td][td]    [/td][td]
Movie Quote of the Moment:
T. McG.: What did happen exactly (last night)?
J.T.: The earth moved. The angels wept. The polaroids...are in my other coat.
[/td][/tr][/table]

Kaya

Rachubka

Quote from: Kaya on January 03, 2012, 10:08:04 PM
While Leia would not like another girl on the team at first (sharing the attention? nah!), I as the player am not opposed to that. I would still like Leia to be the very first woman playing in a men's league though, so maybe she can come in a little later?

I am not a fan of the idea of a co-ed league though, that would take too much away from the novelty.

I'd rather have Leia open the door for another female player by simply playing well. Maybe the new girl is already under contract, but her getting on the team depends on how Leia does and whether or not the press accepts this idea?

I'll take that as my answer since I really didn't get much of anything from the OP!

Mmm. If that is the case, I'll just wait something out! The only other roles for females in this RP would be something like management staff, groundsmen, or just girls hoping to lay a player. Totally not my thing. :(

yobo

Here is my character sheet. :-)

Name: Erik Vikingstad

Orientation: Straight

Personality: Calm and prefer to show what he is made off on the field instead off in the changing room. However, push him too hard and he pushes back, hard.

General Physical Description: About 2 meters tall and well-built, and don't mind throwing his weight around. Looks like a typical Norwegian with blonde hair and blue eyes. In combination with his name this makes him prone to nicknames referring to the Vikings. (If I can manage to find a picture I like, I will add it later on.)

Position: Goalkeeper

Former clubs: Viking FK, Vidar (loan), Sandnes Ulf (loan), Fredrikstad (loan), Ålgård, Dundee United, Woking and Nottingham Forest.

Background: Was once considered one of the biggest goalkeeping talents in Norway, and was capped many times at different youth levels. Not being able to break into the starting line-up in Viking, he had several loan spells gaining first team experience. He made his debut in the Norwegian Premiership for Fredrikstad as an emergency goalkeeper when he was 19, and after spending a year at Sandnes Ulf in the First Division, he was preparing to fight for a place in the starting line-up at Viking. But when he was caught sleeping with the managers daughter, he suddenly found himself out in the cold.

Only six months later he was history in Viking, and they agreed on a mutual termination of the contract. This was a real blow for Erik, since it had been his lifelong dream to play for Viking, and he played the remainder of the season for the Second Division team Ålgård.

After going on trial in several clubs, he finally landed a contract with the Scottish side Dundee United. But failing to gain a first team spot, he soon changed club again. This time to Woking, where he got the first team spot. Impressing in Woking, he was picked up by Nottingham Forest, where he played until London United bought before the season started.

Erik has a big presence inside the penalty area, and anybody who doesn't follow his instructions here will get chewed out. He is surprisingly agile for a goalie his size, and has a lot of courage. His main weaknesses are the tendency to try and hold to many balls instead of just getting them away from a dangerous area, and at times his temper makes him act erratic on the field.

JackWhite

Quote from: Rachubka on January 04, 2012, 02:19:42 PM
I'll take that as my answer since I really didn't get much of anything from the OP!

Mmm. If that is the case, I'll just wait something out! The only other roles for females in this RP would be something like management staff, groundsmen, or just girls hoping to lay a player. Totally not my thing. :(

I'm sory that we couldn't work this out but one woman in a mens professional team is ok but I think two will be too much. If you want you can play a male player though.