[unspecified] Will Work for Food

Started by Stattick, March 02, 2010, 05:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stattick

"Will Work for Food", that's the sign he holds, at the intersection. It's a crud sign, written on a piece of corrugated cardboard, the letters precisely formed with a black marker. Although unshaven, he looks relatively clean, wearing simple jeans, a tee shirt, and an ancient, battered jean jacket. Scuffed but otherwise intact black leather boots ensconce his feet. His brown hair his longish, but swept back out of his face. His age and stress lined face looks dignified and tough rather then old. Piercing blue eyes shine out from beneath a troubled brow.

He stands tall, and holds the sign high. He doesn't seem like a normal homeless bum, begging for change, not by a long shot. And in truth, he isn't. He's polite, open, and relatively honest. He's a hard worker. Although somewhat weary, he's world wise, and looking for a fresh start. See, Tim's fresh out of prison. He spent ten years in the joint. He was an addict and a dealer. He's seen the worst people have to offer, and lived much of it too. After resisting arrest one too many times, he was sentenced to a life term under the three strikes law... but that was a long time ago, when the economy wasn't so bad. With the state facing bankruptcy, like so many others, he was released early for being a model prisoner who cleaned up his act in the joint. With the state being broke, and the economy in the toilet, he was off of parole, and out of the half way house in just two weeks, and still without a job or a place to go. Now it's just him, his sign, and a backpack with a few sundries, against the world.

I can't find exactly what I want for a pic, but this will do well enough:

As for the story, well, that's up to you dear reader. If you have a hankering to play a victim, or wish me to fulfill particular desires, you'll have to let me know. Otherwise, I'd rather be surprised by where you take the story, and where you take Tim. I'll warn you, if you intend to make a victim of him, he is a fighter. I'm ok with either a short or a long story, covering just about any kind of material... and Tim would be willing to get into a car with just about anyone that didn't seem insane, dangerous, or a criminal. So, your character can look like or be just about anything... As an aside, Tim hasn't quite fallen far enough to have turned to prostituting himself.

I ask only that you're pretty good writer. I hate to sound like a snob, but I just can't get into a story if the writing isn't decent.

* Also, I'm just now coming out of a hiatus on E. First considerations will be given to my old writing partners if any of them would rather pursuit this story instead of picking an old story back up.
O/O   A/A