Adventure Ho! - 5th Edition Campaign (Interest and Revival Thread)

Started by Laughing Hyena, December 09, 2017, 07:10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laughing Hyena

IC Summary

Our story begins within the continent of Kalin, within the Castle City of Edenia. Standing as a bastion of civilization, it is one of the many that has made use of ancient magic to seal themselves off from the intense threats of monstrous races. The entire city and its surrounding country and farmlands have been sealed away in a powerful barrier. Thus gone are the days when one lived day to day in constant fear of death and destruction from the form of Dragons and Monsters. Civilization has become less prone to dangers of the wild and few venture far from these civilized sections of the kingdom, fearful of the outside world. As the areas beyond the barrier are deemed to be a lost cause overrun and ranged by savage creatures of nightmare and warmongering. Older cities have become ruins to be explored whilst Edenia thrives.

Other bubbled kingdoms exist but they are few and far between, often living in the protection of their own bubbles and communicated with via scrying. However the thirst to escape the boring day to day life still exists. And in the wake of this safety few are willing to find both riches and excitement outside the barrier. Yet, as the powers of magic become more common in the kingdoms and changes the lives of the citizens, new forms of entertainment are invented. And with this advancement another thought comes to mind. Namely in the form of witnessing the bravery and wit of others. All in the name of entertaining others. The means of scrying have made this new venture of entertainment possible to be viewed by those well off in the kingdoms whilst the poor gather in tavern holes to watch the public entertainment. It is scandalous, it is provocative, it is sex personified, it is peril incarnate, and it is glorious.

Annually the kingdoms spark a competition amongst themselves, to have strong willed champions brave the wild outside world and make their mark. Slay wicked beings and perform great deeds, claim ground for your city and be rewarded with money and fame alongside their chosen kingdom and sponsors. That call to adventure comes forth once more. Are you brave enough to venture past the great barriers and into the unknown dangers of the outside world for both profit, fame and the entertainment of others? Well, tis time to prove it.

OOC Summary

Since my last attempt failed utterly (mostly due to overreaching and biting off too much for one fledgling DM) and also because I am far too stubborn to give up on enjoying running, a good DnD Campaign - I have decided to redraft and reignite the ludicrously lewd fan service adventures of the continent of Kalin. I have established several different places worth noting on the last and am integrating a few select gods and goddesses for players to choose from so I have not been completely idle in my absence. The point is, I am still wanting to run a good campaign.

The Important OOC Information

• What is the edition of DnD we will be using? - Fifth Edition.
  • What is the Staring Level of a PC? - Second Level. Just to give some breathing room and potential diversity.
  • What resources and books can we work with? - I would prefer that you stick to the core rulebooks.
  • What kind of character details do you look for? - I prefer anime-esque character designs.
  • How many characters are allowed? - I am allowing five to six characters into the party and no you cannot have two characters.
  • What is the content restrictions? - There is some very tongue in cheek notions. The premise is a fan service type of adventure with common citizens using scrying items to see the ladies in precarious situations. Semi-con molestations, exhibitionism, power perversion and lewd scenarios with monsters and tentacles is to be expected. You can be molested by gelatinous cubes to common orcs and ogres and so on. However personal tastes will be adjusted to so those whom wish to not wind up in the extreme sections can do so. Blood and gore are a thing as it is a DnD Campaign after all, but it is not sexualized and will not be.
  • Hey I was part of the older group! Can I come back in? - Of course. And I encourage other players to come back in.
  • What are the ability score allocation when creating a character? - For simplicity/balance, it is traditional static arrange as desire. 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8.

Do I have your attention still? If so, then please stay a while and we shall talk about fleshing out a character. If you have a question about any races in question, and where they fit in the campaign, ask me. In the meantime I will provide a brief character sheet to fill out.

Name:
Class:
Race:

Personality:
Backstory:

Image: (Make sure said image is of Proper Age)

Character Ons:
Character Offs:

OOC Ons:
OOC Offs:

Quick Stats (For use within the IC thread so the DM can quickly look at your stats.)

HD: ; hp: ; AC: ; Proficiency: ; Saving Throw: ; dmg:

Zaer Darkwail

Is it possible for male adventurers? After all female viewers in cities do want see handsome males as well (and some twisted among them watch said men get molested and fem dominated).

Laughing Hyena

We have another team that could very well be part of that and I have a way for you to join into the main cast if you insist upon being the token male. Anything you'd care to question in regards to setting or anything else in particular Zaer?

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I ask are variant humans allowed? Also that what position tieflings (or extend aasimars) hold in the bubble city states? Also considering high scrying tech; is it possible to travel between bubble cities via teleport/teleportation circles?

Laughing Hyena

Tieflings, are essentially the equivalent of gypsies. They move about from place to place peddling wares and entertaining street goers. And yes, teleportation is made use of in order to allow travel from city to city. However you'll find this isn't readily available to common people. Or in this case adventurers that are barely out of the nest. Because of their devilish appearance and because some have a boner for succubus based gimmicks, they make both good adventurers and slavers.

Aasimars, the celestial counterparts to tieflings are far more difficult to pick out of crowd and thus are treated as humans, albeit amazingly beautiful looking specimens. Even if they have a foot in their mouth when speaking they are physically attractive. Hence, targets for slavers.

As for human variants, what do you mean precisely? The +1 to all ability scores or the +1 to two ability scores, a feat and a skill? I'd have to say no to that since that would make humans more appealing to pick from the races. Someone could min, max, with the feat selected and wind up with a +3 to one ability score. Thus getting an 18. Its a can of worms I do not want so easily crossed.

Zaer Darkwail

I meant the variant with +1 to two ability scores, feat and skill proficiency. Ok, with those I can work on some character up :). As question what gods/deities are in use and what role paladins usually serve in the cities?

Laughing Hyena

The pantheon is of my own making. In human civilization the Twins are the most prevalent. Supposedly they are the first mortals to ascend to godhood. A pair of twin siblings in the form of a goddess whom reigns over valor and compassion and a god whom reigns over knowledge and wisdom. Basically the grand basis of what heroes strive to be in these forgotten times.

Paladins in such a stagnant time often are delegated to guard duty in their squiredom, and working their way towards Captain, with some aspiring to be temple guards to the Twin's Cathedral in Edenia, with some of the most valued and trusted (or influential) being Royal Knights to the King and Queen.

It is exceptionally rare that a paladin would take part in the lavish activities of the adventuring competition, but those whom serve the Ruby Maiden (Order of the Maiden) would gladly do so as it promotes the goddesses virtues of beauty and promotion of peace through love. Obviously though, a male paladin would have an even harder time with entering the competition but, one could be selected specifically to represent a noble (or could be the unfortunate victim of a wager from a scandalous noble.)

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, and now last one; what is your favorite instruments (to listen music made from) and which one of them you like listen solo performances of?

Laughing Hyena

ArynDA

I'm certainly interested, although I have less experience with 5e compared to Pathfinder/3.5. Is this a problem and where might I find a site or something to have a look at what I might need to whip up a gal?

Zaer Darkwail

Well, here is link to site which has SDR from 5th edition up; http://engl393-dnd5th.wikia.com/wiki/D%26D_5th_Edition_Wiki

Anyways here comes my char (not sheet yet as wait for approval, then work mythweaver one and add link to it to the name);

Name: Valthos 'Jinx' Mathrael
Class: Bard 2
Race: Tiefling

Personality: A heavy mithril music loving hard partying tiefling matches Valthos way of life, hard music, hard fun and hard work. As tiefling he does not question his heritage; in truth take pride being 'spawn of the devil' himself and he lets it shows in his hardcore mandolin music which carries the 'tainted' presence of his heritage in it. However it's that darkness, evil and the taint....which lures so many listen and watch he and family perform on stage. Macabre, dark, gothic, it's all sort things what is not norm to most cities and so they serve the dish of 'strange' to them. So in sense he is not shameful at all his heritage and same goes to his dark cravings; which can vary between carnal to bloodlust and craving to taste human blood (not practice cannibalism but more as occasional rare spice which he needs tiny drop of sample).
Backstory: Valthos and his family are used to wandering life style and their family all act as performers in their traveling freak circus/caravan which moves once every twenty years from city to another city. Performing music, recruit local talents (or breed them with locals) and then move out so their presence does not grow into stagnant. However he desires bit more than just continue family's centuries honored traditions; to become a bigger star, a star which shines brightly just by itself and not illuminated bright by cooperation of his family. However to get contracts as performer for famous or noble ask besides talent fame and so far easiest source for fame is....to become a adventurer. The career itself is not strange for him or family to consider as among his family tree includes handful adventurers, some famous and successful and some less successful stories which ended with said tiefling disappearing or dying during one the adventures. So inspiring for personal greatness as musician he joins the program with hopes accepted in.....as there has been always demand for male performers for the shows the cities run to sate bored audience, albeit positions are narrow and usually only one token male is added to each group of three or more women.

Quick Stats (For use within the IC thread so the DM can quickly look at your stats.)

HD: 2d8 ; hp: 13 ; AC:13 ; Proficiency:+2 ; Saving Throws: Dexterity, Charisma; dmg: 1d8+2/d10+2

Laughing Hyena

No problem. As Zaer said, I'd suggest 5e srd as a source for information on creating a character and if you need help, just let me know. I am not at my Players Handbook but if we need to go step by step then I shall gladly do so.

ArynDA

Thank you. I'm currently interested in a Warlock, are there special patrons you want to feature in this game or will the normal ones work just fine?

Laughing Hyena

ArynDA

Zaer Darkwail

My char okay Hyena? If so can work on actual sheet for him (albeit there is no fort, ref or will saves in 5th edition).

Laughing Hyena

rikka

I'm both glad and disappointed at this LH.  Glad that it seems you've finally recovered from your slump and decided to continue with this concept.  Though I'm disappointed you were not able to achieve this with the old game and group.  Regardless, I'm happy, and hoping, I would be able to participate in this new game of yours.  Wondering if I could use my old character or do you really prefer a new face?
Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

Laughing Hyena

I also will freely allow people to come back in whom were part of the previously failed game. Also yes you may use the same character if you wish.

Finally, I am deeply sorry that I failed on the last game. I just couldn't break the writers block and figure all had moved on. I figured it best to start all over and try again. I knew I couldn't please everyone and I tried anyway. It was wrong of me to try and overextend at the cost of the game and wrong of me to do that to my previous players. Intentional or not that was wrong and as a DM I apologize to you rikka and everyone else.

Laughing Hyena

Welcome back Snake.

And Zaer, he seems alright of course since it is technically a valid backstory. I wasn't anticipating a metal gimmick though. And of course with the stagnation and boredom of the populace they would be hungry for something new. I forgot the ability score selection mechanics and it is traditional.

rikka

Name: Jalna
Class: Rogue
Race: Human

Personality: Jalna is an optimistic person, even after what she had gone through up to this point and tends not to let a bad day get her down.  She is quite open and approachable, willing to help out if given the chance. In spite of what she is, an aspiring assassin at that, she wouldn't give a second in helping those in need, especially those weak and downtrodden.  Although she works in a assassin guild, she dreams of bringing low or stamping out evildoers, especially those who prey on the weak.  Unfortunately she herself is weak at the moment, she needs to work hard in order to get stronger in order to achieve her secret goal.  Finally, Jalna has become sort of masochist no thanks to her 'training' finding gratification in imperil situations.  Of course if her life is on the line she would everything to get out of such a pinch.

Backstory: As an orphan, Jalna was taken in by a guild of assassins who have great use for the likes of her.  Besides becoming perfect operatives in a myriad of mission, the female members become sexual outlets of their male peers.  In fact training always emphasize the possibility of capture and torture and female trainees have to experience actual nonconsensual situations from their male trainers.  Jalna eventually endured and prevailed in her trials and formally became part of her new, if not unusual, family.  Shortly after, the higher ups of the guild summoned her and chosen her for a special mission.  That is to participate in the 'game' annually sponsored by Castle City of Edenia.  Her reaction was quite mixed.  Sure she is well aware of the 'game' and what kind of 'entertainment' it entails, and it has been quite known throughout the guild that they send female members to it on occasions but she never imagine that get chosen so soon.  While she had her doubts, she could not go against the wishes of her guild leaders and reluctantly accepted the honor, er, mission.

Character O/O: Jalna really has no say on the matter when at the mercy of her captors and whatever perverted or sadistic plans they have in store for her.  Though she has already experience being chained, tied, and whipped as well as being taken advantage of and sexually tortured in such situations, especially during her 'training'.  Due to this, she has developed a perverse outlook on such things and greatly gets off on such experiences.  She does however wish not her beauty be marred nor subjected to mutilation or other terrible gory fates.

OOC O/O: Chained and tied up preferably spread eagle, coupled with non-consensual situations, tentacles, slimes, light torture.  I could tolerate impregnation by monsters (those that lay eggs) and futa-enemies.  No to scat and guro.

HD: 2d8; hp: 13 ; AC: 14; Proficiency: +2 Acrobatics +5, Sleight of hand +5, Stealth +5, Perception +4, Deception +4, Persuasion +4; Saving Throw: S+1 D+5 C+0 I+1 W+2 Ch+2 ; Dmg: Shortsword (P/melee) +5 1d6+3 Dart (P/20/60) +5 1d4+3 Dagger (P/20/60) +5 1d4+3 Longsword +3 1d8+1

Ons/Offs

Laughing Hyena

That's nice. Seems you upgraded her look. Hope you aren't squeamish around slimes. <3 ;) \

PS - Please bear in mind that when making characters I am not looking for evil characters. Or ones willing to sabotage the group.

rikka

No prob with slimes.  And she not that kind of evil character nor will she do anything to jeopardize the group.  She is rather like an eye candy for the perverted higher up guild members who can't wait to see her in action.  >:)

Ons/Offs

JoanieSappho

Any objections to halflings or other smaller characters, so I can hit my size kink?