Night of the Deadly Truth or Dare Massacre (System Horror) [EX] (1-2 SPOTS!)

Started by steelsmiter, April 04, 2024, 04:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelsmiter

So @Ssieth had a great idea in which everyone plays Truth or Dare in a sort of Erotic Horror Movie themed game. It also just so happens that one of the games I wrote (and put in my discord linked in my sig) is a horror game, so I thought it would be perfect. The only problem I had with it is that I generally prefer group games for this kind of setup so I went to 'em with the idea of expanding it to a group. Naturally some of the elements will have to change, like how people die being somewhat dependent on their in character actions as all the players will have autonomy that wouldn't have been present in a One on One.

So anyway I'm putting it out there again, I'm willing to run this truth or dare idea in my horror RPG SCREAM! if I get enough players do do it. I will also create a sample character for everyone's convenience but only play the character if we're short of a full game. One thing I want to be clear on is that while Truth or Dare would be a great reason to impose my usual Major On into the game, I will not be doing so unless anyone wants it.

This game will be EXTREME, for violence, sexuality, and quite possibly NC and/or sexual violence.
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Ssieth

I would definitely be up for giving this a go :)
Posting Status: Hoping for 1-3 per week / game
My ONs and OFFs Page (8th April 2024)
One-on-one ideas (8th April 2024)
Possible Absences (13th November 2023)

My Tampermonkey Script for Elliquiy

PM me here or find me as ssieth on discord.

steelsmiter

Here's a Sample Sheet. It's a little outdated, I can give her 10 more points in abilities, knacks, and drawbacks if I want or if you guys think it's needed updated. Remove and replace details with your own! Also heads up THE GAME WILL BE PLAYED ON THE FORUMS, BUT THE SERVER IS REQUIRED DUE TO THE ABSENCE OF A DICE ROLLER ON E

Biographical Details
NameMelody Ann Carver
Age26
Description/Face ClaimRenee Olstead (Remove /u tags if image is used)
BackgroundMelody’s childhood wasn’t a particularly noteworthy one as far as childhoods go, aside from possibly being harrassed as a kid by some older male relatives and role models but she’s repressed the memory of the incident(s) so it’s really hard to keep track.

Attributes
(S)trength  2
(C)harisma  5
(R)easoning  2
(E)ndurance  3
(A)gility  3
(M)orale25

Abililties
Big Breast Pride (2)
Broadly Experienced (Drive (Car), Social Studies, 2)
Sacrifice Clothes (3)
Seen Some Shit (3)

Knacks
Acrobatics, Carousing, and Seduction. Drive (Car), Social Studies

Drawbacks
DTF (Both Genders -2)
Exhibitionism (-3)
Klutz (-1)
La Petite Mort (-4)

Gear (52=25 points)
PointsItem
5SRT Demon
41 week of Flawless clothes that Look Good On Camera
Books for a full course load (Anatomy, Sociology, Women's Studies, Fashion Design)
3Modest Silver Jewelry
Newest iPhone
2Flask of scotch
1 gallon gasoline
1Cheap backpack, $8
Notes
This section is for player reference, anything they'd like to add or remember about the game.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

shereena12345

Possibly interested.

I see you do enjoy using demons and tentacles and that sort of thing - but not sure if you planned on keeping the game oriented towards human slashers (as Scream seemed to be made for).  And, I am not big into sexual violence, though a little non-con is still fine.

Is this something that would fit or not with what you had planned?

steelsmiter

Quote from: shereena12345 on April 04, 2024, 05:11:33 PMPossibly interested.

I see you do enjoy using demons and tentacles and that sort of thing - but not sure if you planned on keeping the game oriented towards human slashers (as Scream seemed to be made for). 
I envision a spirit being behind the requirement to complete the game of truth or dare, as the victims stated in the original prompt were killed off by random fluke/karmic events. So for example, "Death Itself" is inspired by Final Destination. Something about a journal or diary suggests a spirit that had a game go horribly wrong for them.

QuoteAnd, I am not big into sexual violence, though a little non-con is still fine.

Is this something that would fit or not with what you had planned?
I uh... don't really understand the question, someone doesn't want to smash, but they're forced to, that's sexual violence to me. If a player dares another one into penetrative sex, then the spirit either enforces that or kills one of them, that's either pretty sexual, pretty violent, or both. I don't have any plans for what dares players make because doing so would take away from their autonomy, likewise I don't have any plans for what characters would consent to for the same reason.

By that same uncertainty, if a player specifically asks me to engineer their character death while they're naked in a shower, hot tub, or lake that's sexual, and that's violence, but is that sexual violence? It also bears mention that while I specifically don't have plans for how characters die, I'm not above taking requests in game as the situation arises.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

shereena12345

By sexual violence I meant violence or pain as part of  the sex - like cutting, punching, etc.

But it does sound like there is going to be a bit of violence in the game, with the characters being killed off and such, which is not something I enjoy doing.

So, I will bow out and wish everyone a fun game.

Ssieth

OK - my stab (pun very much intended) at character creation for my fairly innocent, sapphic geek.  If I've misread anything, please prod me.  I hope that the cheap camera drone isn't an overreach. 

Equipment focuses a bit on the fact that I was going to have the voyeur drawback.  Might still have that as a bit of a character quirk but toned down from what would make a drawback.

Biographical Details
NameEmily Greene
Age18
Description/Face ClaimAshe Maree
BackgroundEmily has had a fairly normal, if a little sheltered, middle-class upbringing.  School and then on to College with pretty much no doubt that she would ever make it there.  From there?  Her parents expect either a good job or a good marriage.  The former is more likely than the latter, unless she can ball up the courage to come out to her parents.

Of course - there is a risk that might come out rather earlier if she gets caught indulging her new passion for gazing upon the female form.

Attributes
(S)trength  2
(C)harisma  3
(R)easoning  4
(E)ndurance  3
(A)gility  3
(M)orale35

Abililties
Read the Script (2) [once per scene - occult or research (reasoning roll) to deduce something about killer/monster/dilemma, +2d10 if adequate reading material]
Sacrifice Clothes (3) [avoid damage or heal endurance for someone else 3 times / act]

Knacks
Research, Alertness, and Stealth.

Drawbacks
Curiosity (-2) [needs to investigate stuff, Very Hard roll to resist]
Hydrophilic (-2) [very hard roll to resist swimming, showering, hot tubbing etc]
Voyeur (-1) [-2 charisma if caught spying, gain double morale from gratuitous nudity]

Gear
PointsItem
4Laptop (new)
3Samsung Smartphone, Camera drone
2Ordinary Clothes, $10 cash
1Binoculars, backpack

Notes
---

steelsmiter

Quote from: Ssieth on April 04, 2024, 05:58:48 PMOK - my stab (pun very much intended) at character creation for my fairly innocent, sapphic geek.  If I've misread anything, please prod me.  I hope that the cheap camera drone isn't an overreach. 
Dunno, per Google, a drone with a 1080p Camera is in the range of 50 bucks, but they're intentionally written so one price value can be in different point values roughly according to perceptual functionality. I'd hazard that it's pretty solidly a 3 or 4 point item except in a very few circumstances where it actually does get down somewhere in the 20s. It's probably fair to assess -1 Charisma if you get caught using it, as well as -1 to pilot the thing or get a good shot with it qualifies for a reduction to 20 bucks from the 50s.
Also note that my character's equipment list reflected a summer camp story that's no longer valid (and math that was probably accurate when she was written, but probably not now, I haven't looked), so that will change as well.

QuoteEquipment focuses a bit on the fact that I was going to have the voyeur drawback.  Might still have that as a bit of a character quirk but toned down from what would make a drawback.
What's the harm in the drawback ;D?
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Ssieth

OK added the disadvantage back in and upped sacrifice clothing by 1.  I also jiggled equipment around to bump the drone up a category and grab a bit of level 1 stuff.

steelsmiter

Quote from: Ssieth on April 04, 2024, 06:20:30 PMOK added the disadvantage back in and upped sacrifice clothing by 1.  I also jiggled equipment around to bump the drone up a category and grab a bit of level 1 stuff.
Do you want to use the aging rules at the beginning? If so you could add 8 years for Read The Script and be like a Grad Student. It'll also help you reinforce things you intended for the plot. Actually that happens with Read the Script whether you age up or not.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Ssieth

I think I would prefer a freshman as the way I'm conceptualizing her is as fairly naive and still rather new to her developing sexuality.  I think that probably works better with a character of that sort of age :)

I totally missed the read the script was intended to add so many years.

steelsmiter

Quote from: Ssieth on April 04, 2024, 06:34:17 PMI totally missed the read the script was intended to add so many years.
It's kind of stuck in at the beginning by that legal code notice that they have to put on movies since that legal fiasco with Traci Lords. It's an optional rule anyway, it's why Melody is 19 26 instead of 18. I thought her history would warrant some cynicism.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Ssieth

Quote from: steelsmiter on April 04, 2024, 06:36:16 PMIt's kind of stuck in at the beginning by that legal code notice that they have to put on movies since that legal fiasco with Traci Lords. It's an optional rule anyway, it's why Melody is 19 instead of 18.

Excellent - I'll stick with 18, then, as that seems to fit the geeky (not quite nerdy), naive girl who is just now learning how much more she likes the female form to the male.

steelsmiter

It's worth mentioning that I'd like a fairly even mix of males and females, but if we have a slant one way I'd prefer slightly female heavy.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

steelsmiter

Quote from: Ssieth on April 04, 2024, 05:58:48 PMOK - my stab (pun very much intended) at character creation for my fairly innocent, sapphic geek.  If I've misread anything, please prod me.  I hope that the cheap camera drone isn't an overreach. 

Equipment focuses a bit on the fact that I was going to have the voyeur drawback.  Might still have that as a bit of a character quirk but toned down from what would make a drawback.

Biographical Details
NameEmily Greene
Age18
Description/Face ClaimAshe Maree
BackgroundEmily has had a fairly normal, if a little sheltered, middle-class upbringing.  School and then on to College with pretty much no doubt that she would ever make it there.  From there?  Her parents expect either a good job or a good marriage.  The former is more likely than the latter, unless she can ball up the courage to come out to her parents.

Of course - there is a risk that might come out rather earlier if she gets caught indulging her new passion for gazing upon the female form.

Attributes
(S)trength  2
(C)harisma  3
(R)easoning  4
(E)ndurance  3
(A)gility  3
(M)orale35

Abililties
Read the Script (2)
Sacrifice Clothes (3)

Knacks
Research, Alertness, and Stealth.

Drawbacks
Curiosity (-2)
Hydrophilic (-2)
Voyeur (-1)

Gear
PointsItem
4Laptop (new)
3Samsung Smartphone, Camera drone
2Ordinary Clothes, $120 cash
2Binoculars, backpack

Notes
---
That character looks squared away and is approved. I'll see if we can get more players. I'd like to have enough for Big Game Status (which I think is 6) but will take fewer if needed.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

snuff doll

play with me 

active rp:
[accountant] - [sister] - [student] - [aunt] - [teacher]
taking a break from writing, I hope it won't be long at all!  but just in case!
should still be able to reply to discord messages, if slowly

steelsmiter

Quote from: snuff doll on April 11, 2024, 07:29:08 PMtemptation!
Build a character, I dare you! Do some dares... or don't! Maybe you'll die?1

1. This is a reference to the premise of the story, not a threat... well, maybe to the character.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

snuff doll

Quote from: steelsmiter on April 11, 2024, 07:39:00 PMBuild a character, I dare you! Do some dares... or don't! Maybe you'll die?1

1. This is a reference to the premise of the story, not a threat... well, maybe to the character.

LOL either way you talked me into it!

Systems and things will always be my Achilles heel so I'm sure I've got something wrong lol  But let me know!

(The age I purposely wanted someone older, still trying to hang out with the students, and I wasn't sure about the money math so I think that's off too lol

(added below)

play with me 

active rp:

steelsmiter

Looks like you spent 17/25 Gear points. If you want, you could be a Grad Student and take the Full Course Load of books like Melody has (with different courses obviously). Also a side note, you won't really need a full major in Ancient Languages, as the most likely ones to occur will be ancient Greek, Latin, and Hebrew.

Pending that, I think I'll need to try and see if we can get 2-3 dudes in here.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

snuff doll

Quote from: steelsmiter on April 12, 2024, 09:16:10 AMLooks like you spent 17/25 Gear points. If you want, you could be a Grad Student and take the Full Course Load of books like Melody has (with different courses obviously). Also a side note, you won't really need a full major in Ancient Languages, as the most likely ones to occur will be ancient Greek, Latin, and Hebrew.
Biggest thing, the angle I'm looking for is of an older character than the students.  Possibly a teacher, former teacher, professor, etc.

So that she's old enough that it feels inappropriate that she's around lol

So grad student maybe, maybe a former high school teacher who got into hot water and decided to go back to school.  I know next to nothing about academia, being a college dropout lol  So I'll tweak her now knowing more about the system!

I was sure it was 25 with the points but then I looked at the other sheets and got confused lol  Might get big breasts with the spare change lol

Quote from: steelsmiter on April 12, 2024, 09:16:10 AMPending that, I think I'll need to try and see if we can get 2-3 dudes in here.

That's what she said!
play with me 

active rp:

Ssieth

snuff doll

Biographical Details
NameJane Marquez
Age23
DescriptionA redhead with a tomboy haircut and attitude, Jane is tall and pretty and her slim body is toned and athletically built.

Face ClaimBritt Linn [1-bike] [2-truck(nsfw)] [3-party(nsfw)] [4-stripper]
BackgroundShe's a Jane of all trades.  Sort of.

Jane is a self sufficient business-woman at heart, but she stumbles.

She used to work at her dad's garage since dropping out of high school, but that involved early mornings so she had to quit.

She danced at her uncle's strip club a few times but things got awkward.

Nowadays, most of the students know Jane as the pretty girl who delivers their pizza and sometimes their lunch on her bike.

The more savvy among them know that she'll sell them weed and other cheap drugs if they say the right words.

Jane's back in business.

Attributes
(S)trength  2
(C)harisma  4
(R)easoning  2
(E)ndurance  3
(A)gility  4
(M)orale25

Abililties

A Sucker for a Pretty Face (2)
[Get +1d10 when protecting pretty girls, be it in a fight or not.]
Broadly Experienced (2)
[Adds Mechanics and Business to list of Knacks.]
Blaze It (2)
[Restore more Morale -> 2x the drug's Gear Value v. the normal 1x.]

Knacks
Streetwise, Seduction, Drive, Mechanics, Business

Drawbacks

DTF (-1)
[Very Hard(18) to resist the sexual advances from men.  Don't mind Perverts.  And +50% (+5?) Morale recovery for these.]
Exhibitionism/Nudism (-3)
[Very Hard(18) Reasoning roll to resist Gratuitous Nudity.  Recover 2 Morale, or 5 for extra-gratuity.  No Pervert penalty.]
Addiction (-2)
[Addicted to Ketamine.  Very Hard(18) not to consume it.]

PointsItem
410 hits of K (modestly priced drugs)
38 hits of weed (cheap drugs)
$140 cash
motorcycle
2pizza (decent fast food)
burner phone
ordinary clothes that Look Good on Camera
multitool
pocket knife
brand name lighter

Notes

play with me 

active rp:

snuff doll

Quote from: Ssieth on April 12, 2024, 04:17:07 PMThat is definitely a line...

LOL  definitely is!

Changed up the idea to an old favorite character type and faceclaim!
play with me 

active rp:

Federico

Biographical Details - here's Robert 0.1
NameRobert K. Locke
Age21
Description/Face ClaimJoe Kerry
BackgroundRobert had it easy because of his good looks and nice character. Maybe too easy, he realized when he failed college entrance exam, and turned down in a spiral of sele loathing and resentfulness against the world. On the outside, with his friends, there he was, Robert the cool, Robert the cheerful. But he wondered, did they see him as Robert the good for nothing, Robert the cringe?

Attributes
(S)trength  3
(C)harisma  4
(R)easoning  2
(E)ndurance  3
(A)gility  3
(M)orale25

Abililties
A sucker for a pretty face (3)
Really mellowed out (2)
Throw a Pigskin a Quarter Mile (3)

Knacks
Drive, Sports, and Musical Instrument (guitar).

Drawbacks
Curiosity (-2)
La Petite Mort (-4)
Hydrophilic (-2)

Gear 16 points)
PointsItem
1Cheap Walkie Talkie
11 ordinary outfit
1Novelty pocket knife
1Flashlight
3Snacks (*3)
28$
2Guitar
3Cheap car
2Cheap phone
Notes
Back after a long while - Ons and Offs | I am a baladeur
He started to dine at Denny's | From Friends

Federico

Hello all, posted my proposal for a sheet above - comments welcome, here and on discord!
Back after a long while - Ons and Offs | I am a baladeur
He started to dine at Denny's | From Friends