Starcraft rp interest check

Started by cmpuncle, February 16, 2010, 04:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmpuncle

So I've been feeling the itch to do something related to Starcraft, to kind of gear up for the release of Starcraft 2, and also because I recently made a Zerg character that I really want to use in something.  I have no ideas for storyline yet so if you're interested I'd like to ask for ideas both on story and dynamics.  If we get a good story figured out and there's enough interest then I'll go ahead and create a profile section and the IC.
"Why So Serious?" Heath Ledger-The Joker-The Dark Knight
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight
"I'm not supposed to lose!" Setzer-Kingdom Hearts 2

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Famine

The gods will always smile on brave women, like the Valkyries, whose furies men fear and desire.

cmpuncle

Oh my that's going to make an interesting dynamic between me and Famine then.  My character I created as Kerrigan's "consort".
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight

Famine

Hehehe that shall be interesting indeed. Unless you want an original idea. . . I can do that as well.
The gods will always smile on brave women, like the Valkyries, whose furies men fear and desire.

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

cmpuncle

no you're just fine Famine...I just wasn't expecting that...lol

Chreestafer

im in but is this a full out war style rp or is it gonna be in depth and what not? ill play the human terran lol i do have some good ideas going lol
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

cmpuncle

well like I said I'm open to ideas from everyone who's interested as I have no real ideas about this.  I think it would be more manageable as a more in depth thing.  Maybe a couple heroes or so from each side doing something, I can't think of what though.

Chreestafer

well i have some good ideas floating in my skull lol so so far we have 2 zerg hybrids, a protos and a human
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

cmpuncle

well you're welcome to go ahead and post some of those ideas, hopefully it will help attract people.  Not to mention I'm a little curious myself.

Chreestafer

well there has to be some kind of love drama or this will be boring instantly, is there anyone else thats gonna join?
Ons and Offs
F-List

cmpuncle

we'll see hopefully we'll get some more people.

DigitLninja

We could always have the Jim Rainer / Keragen love thing going. but we would need some kind of conflict that pit's them against each other.
Quotes to Live by:

Saikotsu

hmmm.  I haven't played starcraft in ages, though I'm curious to see how this might turn out.  Perhaps the story has something to do with those Zerg/Protoss hybrids that were revealed in the secret mission in Brood War.  perhaps I could be one of those....oh, a dark templar/hydralisk combo?  Scary thought...
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself.
- a friend
Anyone perfect must be lying.
-Bare Naked Ladies: falling for the first time.
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

The truth is only as dangerous as the lies we tell ourselves.

cmpuncle

I was thinking of something along those lines as well Saikotsu, perhaps Kerrigan and her consort start off investigating these hybrids, and chaos of some sort ensues from there.

Major Major

Question: do we know for certain if the entire UED Taskforce was wiped out?

cmpuncle

well technically speaking Kerrigan allowed one ship to leave unharmed, which was I believe Admiral Dugalle's ship.  Yes Admiral Dugalle then proceeded to kill himself, but I would say that the remainder of his ships crew were still alive.

Oh yeah also the protoss may be attempting to investigate the Hybrids as well.

Major Major

I see... I thought I should ask, given I fancied a go at this, as a Terran ship commander of some description.

cmpuncle

sounds good.  So let's see that makes two Zerg players, two humans, a protoss, and probably one of the Hybrids.  I'd say if we could get at least one more each of protoss and Hybrid then we could probably start sticking together the story and then hopefully start it off.

Chreestafer

well im interested if later on in the adventure i can become a hybrid of all of them if you all wanted to add an odd twist to it all
Ons and Offs
F-List

Chreestafer

well major it looks like we are the humans we could have been the last allive on that ship that survived? and you could be the new commander all in all if you wanted it
Ons and Offs
F-List

Major Major

Sounds good. Should I be the Captain, or the First Officer?

Chreestafer

well its all your choice on that lol all i know is im gonna be one of the soldiers i have a good story in mind that for him if youd like to hear it also i have a full background lol and photos i get bored easily
Ons and Offs
F-List

Saikotsu

man, I think I'm going to have to do some research. It's been forever since I played starcraft. To the point that I don't quite recall everything that happened in it.  I recall some parts, mainly the protoss campaign, but other than that, it gets a bit fuzzy. 
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself.
- a friend
Anyone perfect must be lying.
-Bare Naked Ladies: falling for the first time.
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

The truth is only as dangerous as the lies we tell ourselves.