Azurite Chronicles - The Imperial Court

Started by Interested, August 12, 2012, 11:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Interested

By iamnew at 2012-08-12

The Azurite Republic had been the voice of reason, intelligence and civilization for eight hundred years, until it became The Empire. Led by the Azure Emperor, Alicia/Leon Augustus, a former barbarian of one of the northern provinces, the Empire had grown to swallow the world whole with contemptous ease. Alicia/Leon Augustus is a brutal dictator. The High Council, which has replaced the abolished Senate with various Lords over the vast regions of Aeoulia, holds all the power of the Empire, and most of it's vast wealth is in the Imperial coffers. Will the Empire remain at peace with power hungry Warlords squabbling with eachother over their unwilling subjects, land, and wealth?

Positions:
Emperor/Empress  Leon Augustus/Alicia Augustus
Court Sorcerer
High Concubine
Concubine
High Lord (On The Council)
Lord (A significant Lord, but not on the Council)
Petty Lord (Maybe a Lord of a wealthy or significant city or small province, but not a powerful Lord)

As GM, I play the part Leon's personal Concubine. Yes, Leon must be Gay or Bisexual if the Emperor's player wants to role play as a male. Also, I am now accepting a female Emperor (An Emperess) instead, if a player wants to be a female. However, while the Emperor/Empress enjoys very powerful political and personal benefit in the beginning of the game, he's really not advantaged over other players OOC. Leon is immortal, but dead player characters are merely replaced by another character to continue their regimes.

Concubines and I, the High Concubine use sex in order to gain Land Holdings. They have the exact same powers and privileges as the High Lords and Lords, which is why the role play has it's storyline. This role play is sort of a European version of Romance of the Three Kingdoms, with Concubines playing the same role as Eunuchs (They aren't Eunuchs though, unless you want them to be.) did in that novel.

Court Sorcerers are generally less privileged but still maintain land holdings and wealth. While they serve the Emperor and the Imperial Court they perform magical duties and acquire knowledge and power as role player flavor.

High Lords and lower generally play politics and wage war/kill to get rid of opponents and require wealth, loyalty and land.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Gender: (The Emperor might be gay or bisexual, but female Concubines are just as common. If not for the Emperor, than they might back up a High Lord.)
Appearance:
Position:
Personality:
Bio: ( 3 paragraphs)
Sexual Orientation:
Position: (Top, bottom, switch? What?)
Limits:
Likes/Kinks:

Interested

I have given an extremely important update to the OP. The Emperor may now be an Empress if a player wants to role play a female.

Name: Apollonius
Gender: Male (The Emperor might be gay or bisexual, but female Concubines are just as common. If not for the Emperor, than they might back up a High Lord.)
Appearance: Apollonius is a 5'11, 170 pound man. He stands muscular and sleek and possesses green eyes and brown hair. He is Caucasian but tanned well.
Position: High Concubine
Personality: Apollonius is a man of wild mood swings. Sometimes calm and cold, and other times he seems to be very out of control. Sometimes he has been referred to as a "One man army" jokingly by military officials not because of his fight skill, but because no one can figure him out. It's understandable. Leon/Alicia, is extremely abusive, and some of the High Lords are as well, and yet he has to serve.
Bio:
Apollonius is actually man from the Modern World who was kidnapped at the age of 16 when he walked into a magical portal that only opens once every 1,000 years. His name was Alex, but he gained a new name by the strange foreigners who forced him to accept their customs and ways. On Earth he was a very intelligent student, and unusually gifted in athletics, arts, mathematics and other fields.

He has earned much of the Council's grudging respect despite his status as a foreigner. The Lords speak in hushed tones to eachother when they mention this. Perhaps it is because the Emperor/Empress is a foreigner that they favor this young boy so much? He has been passed around like meat to various Ladies and Lords because of his status as High Concubine.

This has made Apollonius super humanly tough, in an ironic sort of way. Despite his mood swings and emotional nature he has earned himself a position as a High Lord of the Council as well as being High Concubine. It has been his seductive and cunning ways that has earned him the position of both. Some even claim he has goals to further his position even more. As a very powerful man who has stepped far beyond his station, he has made worse enemies out of the Council he already had just as the Emperor/Empresses personal concubine.
( 3 paragraphs)
Sexual Orientation:
Position: (Top, bottom, switch? What?)
Limits:
Likes/Kinks:

Shjade

Okay, I'll bite: is there some kind of endgame/goal for this scenario, or is it meant as an ongoing political cycle to keep turning until whenever it happens to taper off?
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Interested

Ah, well, I was thinking that, the Empire disintegrates, but has a sort of Ancient style Constitution/Magna Carta thing going on. So as the Empire dissolves, the High Lords settle into their own regions as Emperors themselves. It may turn into the entire world uniting and stopping the Civil War to deal with an outside threat that could easily wipe them all out. I'm thinking of maybe having a way for the characters to manage their estates.

Interested

Magic Section:
Suggestions for the Magic level will be listed and expanded on in this post. I am looking for player's suggestions in this area. Please give me your honest constructive input.

I'm thinking of having it be somewhere in the middle of Fantasy. Maybe not very many magic-users exist in proportion to the population, but there's not so few magic users that you can count them on your fingers in a huge city like the capital. I"m thinking of having a genuine magic user per every 2,000 people.