mark of the beast?

Started by lindorable, March 21, 2013, 03:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaoslord29

Quote from: Oniya on May 17, 2013, 04:10:39 PM
I'm guessing it's near the beginning from the numbers.  Creation myths are usually the first part of any compendium.  Eve is mentioned, just not by name - verse 2.35

If she's not mentioned by name, the Koran may very well be talking about one of Adam's other wives. Though I suppose that Eve is the most likely, given the other more-Christian/less-Judaic influences.
My Guiding Light-
'I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.'- Lord Havelock Vetinari
My ideas and O/Os:Darker Tastes and Tales

Oniya

Well, the next verse indicates that particular wife was part of the Fall (But the Shaitan made them both fall from it), so I'm laying odds on it being the same figure, regardless of name.  (Kind of like that Hera/Juno thing.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17