Delvers Company: Origins (PbtA System, Dungeon World, Sexy Adventures! Last Day!)

Started by Nastara, March 04, 2024, 03:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorvoe551

Quote from: pdragon on March 05, 2024, 11:41:06 AMBrief Description: A self-proclaimed knight who lives for adventure, glory, and chivalry. She tries to be a positive role model for others, and so lives by her own code of honor, though that code can sometimes come off as obtuse or confusing to normal people. She believes adamantly that a knight's armor is their true identity, the symbol of what they represent, and as such she has never been seen without her helm. However despite that belief, her actual armor has proven to be rather flimsy (nsfw) on many (nsfw) occasions (nsfw). She never lets it stop her however, after all a knight's true armor is in her heart!
I’m imagining her turning into Darkness from Konosuba eventually and it sounds great.

Laughing Hyena

Pdragon loves their armored ladies. Yes I also got a Darkness vibe from their character. :)

Heck I do not envy Nas right now. So many good characters.

Nastara

It is the BEST problem to have! I want to see the story of ALL of these characters. 
Delvers Company: Origins (Starting Soon!)
Red Team OOC| Blue Team OOC| Worldbuilding

Hexed

Konosuba makes for an interesting setting. And the question is if Hilda's as outrageously over the top worthless as Darkness or if she's actually competent. :D

Sorvoe551

Quote from: Hexed on March 05, 2024, 03:17:42 PMKonosuba makes for an interesting setting. And the question is if Hilda's as outrageously over the top worthless as Darkness or if she's actually competent. :D

Excuse you, Darkness makes an amazing meat shield

Hexed

Except she's so busy gushing about her fantasies she misses the enemies walk right past her, can't hit for crap so isn't a threat to attack, and takes some really messed up folk to stay around her. :D

Nastara

I got NO clue what any of the Darkness discussion is, but Hilda looks like she's got this!

So taking a look at things and my schedule, I think for me the ideal launch day will be Monday 3/11!

Please have your app in on Sunday 3/10 or earlier. If you need longer than that, let me know and we will see what we can do!

Sorvoe551

Quote from: Nastara on March 05, 2024, 04:12:59 PMI got NO clue what any of the Darkness discussion is, but Hilda looks like she's got this!
Darkness is a paladin from an anime who can’t hit anything but has such high defense that she accidentally became a masochist and frequently becomes way too horny in battle to actually be helpful.

Seriously, one of her biggest dreams is the stereotypical hentai plots of being captured by burly orcs.

Nastara

Oooh, okay!

Well, good news, that's exactly the kind of thing that can happen with this party! 

Ershin

Edited for playbook choice

Adventurer Info
Name: Royse Cyneburg
Race/Class: Human (reflavoured version of The Princess)
Interested In: Dub/Non-con, male, futa, female, larger partners, size-play, gang-bang, humans, monsters, beasts, more light and comical shenanigans when appropriate, cuddling
Brief Description:
Due to needing her glasses to distinguish friend from foe in case of the eventuality that they were knocked from her head in combat in the ongoing war against the Darkest Night, Royse was barred from entry into the crusade. Unable to deus vult with her kith and kin, when she heard word of the Delvers and their mission statement to be a candle in the otherwise dark world this had become she took up her blade and made her way to their headquarters to sign up.

She dislikes wearing heavy armour as while hardy enough for it Royse tends to wear lighter clothing, relying on natural tenaciousness to see her through combat. Bespectacled, red-headed and squishy in the right places.
Familiarity With DW/D&D: Familiar with various D&D and fantasy setting / tropes, played a bit of Dungeon World
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: Checking in more often now that work's died down, 4-5 times a week, more when applying or able to play in a game

Quote from: Sorvoe551 on March 05, 2024, 08:15:40 AMSora can become Vergil from Devil May Cry almost immediately. And she’s going to. This is gonna be great.
If there's a Vergil-type, might lean more towards Hack and Slasher for the "wacky woo-hoo pizza man" gameplay... but still so hard to choose!

Quote from: Nastara on March 05, 2024, 04:12:59 PMI got NO clue what any of the Darkness discussion is, but Hilda looks like she's got this!
Her real name it Lalatina, Darkness just sounded better to her as an adventurer's name~

shereena12345

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on March 05, 2024, 02:15:08 PMPdragon loves their armored ladies. Yes I also got a Darkness vibe from their character. :)

Heck I do not envy Nas right now. So many good characters.
Yeah, when a game fills up like this it becomes hard to pick when there are so many fun characters to use!

shereena12345

So taking a look at things and my schedule, I think for me the ideal launch day will be Monday 3/11!

Please have your app in on Sunday 3/10 or earlier. If you need longer than that, let me know and we will see what we can do!

Do you want us to have characters by the 10th, or just the survey from the OP?

Nastara

Awesome! Royse looks great!  Let me know if you want to chat playbooks or feel free to throw out discussion in here too! This is all part of the process! :) 

There's SO many fun characters, it's overwhelming, but also I feel like that gets hype going! 

I'm just talking about the app from the OP! Actual sheets (w relationships and such!) will be done collaboratively after that!

As of now, I THINK everyone who has commented in here has posted an app! So timing is largely to give people time to see the thread and my own acknowledgement that if I start on Monday I'll be able to support character generation better! 

Nastara

Also, it's Tuesday now, if there's no sign of additional interest as the week goes, I may bring in close date. 

Sorvoe551

I’m super excited to try this out. I’m also interested to see what bonds are forged, especially since mine are very specific.

Now, I may have gotten a little excited and started my sheet. The Arcane Duelist one is very specific, it includes a stat spread, and I have been following it to the letter. No cheating here, I promise 

c0i9z

Also hoping to get my rat girl in! Nastara games are always amazing!

Laughing Hyena

Well the mage playbook is Leona's but I have used it often as it is a very versatile playbook.

Lemme place that here. Gonna look for it. I've made about three to four Mages with this play book and been very different in their style and theme. Best thing Nas ever sent my way.

Playbook Reference: The Mage PDF

c0i9z

I definitely find that the base playbooks are all very versatile. This is probably the first time I've made a DW character not using one of them. Actually, second time. The other one was some sort of brawler with an entourage.

pdragon

How competent she ends up being ultimately falls to the dice, though I envision her being less a Darkness and more an Ichiban from Yakuza 7. A bit of an idiot but noble and heroic to a T. The type to not even notice she's been stripped naked until someone else points it out, and is still willing to throw herself head first at the giant tentacle monster anyways if it means saving the day.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Sorvoe551

Quote from: pdragon on March 05, 2024, 06:10:18 PMHow competent she ends up being ultimately falls to the dice, though I envision her being less a Darkness and more an Ichiban from Yakuza 7. A bit of an idiot but noble and heroic to a T. The type to not even notice she's been stripped naked until someone else points it out, and is still willing to throw herself head first at the giant tentacle monster anyways if it means saving the day.
Yo! A fellow fan of Local Schizophrenia Man! Love it!

Sorvoe551

Quote from: Ershin on March 05, 2024, 05:28:14 PMAdventurer Info
Name: Royse Cyneburg
Race/Class: Human (Templar / Hack And Slasher / Spellblade)
Interested In: Dub/Non-con, male, futa, female, larger partners, size-play, gang-bang, humans, monsters, beasts, more light and comical shenanigans when appropriate, cuddling
Brief Description:
Due to needing her glasses to distinguish friend from foe in case of the eventuality that they were knocked from her head in combat in the ongoing war against the Darkest Night, Royse was barred from entry into the crusade. Unable to deus vult with her kith and kin, when she heard word of the Delvers and their mission statement to be a candle in the otherwise dark world this had become she took up her blade and made her way to their headquarters to sign up.

She dislikes wearing heavy armour as while hardy enough for it Royse tends to wear lighter clothing, relying on natural tenaciousness to see her through combat. Bespectacled, red-headed and squishy in the right places.
Familiarity With DW/D&D: Familiar with various D&D and fantasy setting / tropes, played a bit of Dungeon World
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: Checking in more often now that work's died down, 4-5 times a week, more when applying or able to play in a game

Ooh! Another swordswoman to spar with. Also, that ain't a bastard sword. That's a straight up bad bitch sword, I approve!

Quote from: Ershin on March 05, 2024, 05:28:14 PMIf there's a Vergil-type, might lean more towards Hack and Slasher for the "wacky woo-hoo pizza man" gameplay... but still so hard to choose!
Only in the sense that she can slice things from a distance and quite quickly. She's not obsessed with power and calling everyone fools. But hey, play however you want!

Sorvoe551

Quote from: pdragon on March 05, 2024, 11:41:06 AMAdventurer Info
Name: Hilda Barearms
Race/Class: Human Fighter
Interested In: Male/Female/Futa, Monsters, Tentacles, Dub/Non-Con, Multiple Partners, Light Bondage, Corruption

Brief Description: A self-proclaimed knight who lives for adventure, glory, and chivalry. She tries to be a positive role model for others, and so lives by her own code of honor, though that code can sometimes come off as obtuse or confusing to normal people. She believes adamantly that a knight's armor is their true identity, the symbol of what they represent, and as such she has never been seen without her helm. However despite that belief, her actual armor has proven to be rather flimsy (nsfw) on many (nsfw) occasions (nsfw). She never lets it stop her however, after all a knight's true armor is in her heart! As long as she has that then she can keep fighting no matter how shamefully she may be exposed.

Familiarity With DW/D&D: I've played many games now and even run my own
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: probably about 3-4 times a week on average.
So...Arcane Duelist has an ability that, and I quote, "freezes and shatters a portion of your opponent's armor." I'm incredibly tempted to take it now, for some reason...

Nastara

Quote from: Sorvoe551 on March 05, 2024, 05:55:35 PMI’m super excited to try this out. I’m also interested to see what bonds are forged, especially since mine are very specific.

Now, I may have gotten a little excited and started my sheet. The Arcane Duelist one is very specific, it includes a stat spread, and I have been following it to the letter. No cheating here, I promise
Haha! No problem at all! I get it, I'm GMing the game and tempted to start pre-making NPCs. Just champing at the bit! 

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on March 05, 2024, 06:02:36 PMWell the mage playbook is Leona's but I have used it often as it is a very versatile playbook.

Lemme place that here. Gonna look for it. I've made about three to four Mages with this play book and been very different in their style and theme. Best thing Nas ever sent my way.

Playbook Reference: The Mage PDF
The Mage is SO good. It can cover so much but it does it with TIGHT precision each time. 

Quote from: c0i9z on March 05, 2024, 06:04:23 PMI definitely find that the base playbooks are all very versatile. This is probably the first time I've made a DW character not using one of them. Actually, second time. The other one was some sort of brawler with an entourage.
The base classes are mostly really great! There's one that I think just lacked play testing (the immolator) but the rest are great. But honestly, the way DW is balanced, you can find SO many incredible third party ones. I've like... Twice in all my play had a playbook I wasn't a fan of how it worked. 

Ohy God, Bad Bitch Sword, I love it, Hahahha! 

Quote from: Sorvoe551 on March 05, 2024, 06:22:29 PMSo...Arcane Duelist has an ability that, and I quote, "freezes and shatters a portion of your opponent's armor." I'm incredibly tempted to take it now, for some reason...
Min-maxing for the inevitable intra-party combat! Lol! 

Nastara

Quote from: pdragon on March 05, 2024, 06:10:18 PMHow competent she ends up being ultimately falls to the dice, though I envision her being less a Darkness and more an Ichiban from Yakuza 7. A bit of an idiot but noble and heroic to a T. The type to not even notice she's been stripped naked until someone else points it out, and is still willing to throw herself head first at the giant tentacle monster anyways if it means saving the day.
If that isn't the very spirit of Delvers Company, I don't know what is. 

pdragon

Quote from: Sorvoe551 on March 05, 2024, 06:22:29 PMSo...Arcane Duelist has an ability that, and I quote, "freezes and shatters a portion of your opponent's armor." I'm incredibly tempted to take it now, for some reason...

So long as the helmet stays on
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread