The Breakfast Club 2.0

Started by GaGa88, July 19, 2011, 01:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaGa88

Ah, the classic 80's movie and one of my favorites. I think probably everyone has seen it, but if not, I'll give you a quick synopsis. Five high school students, all different stereotypes, meet in detention, where they pour their hearts out to each other, and discover how they have a lot more in common than they thought.

What I have in mind is a modern story like this. There would be a princess, a criminal, an athlete, a geek, an outcast, and we need one more stereotype to even it out so if anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them . Obviously, the storyline would vary from the one in the movie, this is only based on it. Twists in the story are welcomed and much appreciated.

Princess (me)
Outcast (lovelygirl)
Criminal (Liam)
Athlete
Geek (EvilEye)
Punk (kobrakid92)

I think that's enough stereotypes for now, but there may be openings in the future.

Character Sheet:

Name
Appearance (description and/or picture)
Short Bio/History
You took my sadness out of context
At the Mariner's apartment complex
I ain't no candle in the wind
I'm the bolt, the lightning, the thunder
Kind of girl who's gonna make you wonder
Who you are and who you been.

lovelygirl

Come on boys don't you wanna play? We could have so much fun!
Slowly getting back to posting

Ons &Offs
A &A's updated 3/27/16 UPDATE Very Important!

kobrakid92

I'm in. I love the movie so an rp based off it should be fun. As far as another stereotype goes, would goth/emo/punk/skater qualify or would those be under outcast?

lovelygirl

I can tell you my outcast is the extremely shy girl that everyone picks on or blatantly ignores. So It would be different, but that's up to Gaga
Slowly getting back to posting

Ons &Offs
A &A's updated 3/27/16 UPDATE Very Important!

GaGa88

It would be different and it'd be great to have any of those stereotypes that you listed, kobra. :)

DKDBSD

(Just here to suggest a stereotype maybe a Goth, Emo, punk? That sort of thing.

Liam

It seems very interesting. If you're okay with me posting once or twice a day, then I'd be joining as the criminal guy of the group. If you think I might be too slow with my posting and would cause the group to have to wait too much, then I'll understand.

GaGa88

We'd love to have you, Liam! So, we have a criminal, an outcast, a princess, and kobra what would you like your role to be?   

I've been thinking about having someone step in as an authority figure, principal or something of the sort. What do y'all think? Should we have one?

kobrakid92

I'd gladly step in as the punk. I believe we should have an authority figure somewhere in the mix, especially if it's going to take place in detention or something along those lines.

GaGa88

Awesome, okay, we need an athlete and a geek. I'm thinking one should be a male and one should be a female, to even things out. We also need someone to play a principal or a teacher to oversee the detention.

kobrakid92

Do you need our character sheets by any specific point in time?

GaGa88

There's no deadline as of yet because we're still looking for players to fill roles so just pm character sheets to me whenever you'd like.

EvilEye

Im in, I would play the geek.
“A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.”
Oscar Wilde
Love is like a glass door… sometimes you don’t see it, and it smacks you right in your face.
~Anonymous

My O/O's  My Ideas  I apologize.

GaGa88

Awesome! PM me your character sheet, glad to have you on board.

kobrakid92

If we can't get someone to play the principle/teacher could we just have a npc for the character? No one will play him and he'll just step in from time to time. Like in the movie.

Liam

Quote from: kobrakid92 on July 20, 2011, 10:49:03 PM
If we can't get someone to play the principle/teacher could we just have a npc for the character? No one will play him and he'll just step in from time to time. Like in the movie.

+1 to that idea :)

GaGa88

kobrakid92

Ok then. Now all we need is an athlete or has someone filled that slot already?

GaGa88

Nobody's filled the athlete spot and yes, that's all we need to get started. I created a character thread.  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=113937.0

kobrakid92

If push comes to shove could someone volunteer to multi-chara or do we want to wait?

Kaisude

Well if this is still alive, I'll play the Athlete. I get the feeling The Breakfast Club 2.0 might be interesting,

breathplay

It's too bad I saw this too late. I love the Breakfast Club! :( Any chance there will be any openings soon?

Kaisude

Going to wait for Liam and Kobrakid to post, mostly Kobrakid since he's included in Bronson's post.

Liam

I'm currently at work so I cant anwer now. I'll post when I get back home... Hope I can keep up with the pace.

Kaisude

So that we are all clear no one has a problem with Bronson know everyone there even if it is just their names. EvilEye I said that Virtue had tutored Bronson before is that fine?