{~*Corner Sweets*~}

Started by Spa O o fey, October 15, 2008, 12:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mordred

As those eyes held his, Rex was reminded of how he could never pull from them. Hazel with sprinkles of nutmeg, he used to joke with her yet saying that, they would instantly shift like a gorgeous sea which reflected the clowds above, always slowly changing.
Taking her hands, "I will jump into it. When I left here, something inside me shifted. I'm not sure what, but in time, I started noticing differences. Not in others, but in myself. Soon, I realized when I slept, what was six or seven hours to most would be for me twenty hours or more. I didn't realize it until one day after a brutal day of training... well the next day I was fine. It was as if my rate of time sped up at night, while others had their few hours, I had my many." Hmm, he could see it wasn't making much sense.
"When I left here at 17, I wasn't fully grown yet. I was roughly 5'10". Within a short period of time, I shot up 5 inches. While it's not the wildest thing for a teen to have a growing spurt, mine was within a week. I grew 5 inches in 6 days."
Rex took a sip, his mind and body completely relaxed as he lost himself in that beautiful face before him. Yes angel, he thought... what has been for you a few years has been for me a lifetime away from you.
"I have... somehow learned to control it. I no longer sleep for days. But at times, I do have problems. And I'm afraid at this rate I will continue to age faster and am not sure if I'll last more than another 5-10 years. Three days ago I woke and there were 2 extra lines on my face. I continue to train like crazy, keeping my body in it's best possible form... but what happens when a year or so from now I wake and realize I'm truly an old man?"
Feeling her hands with his... their softness driving him crazy as it did so long ago, he sighed.
*See Pillory*

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi frowned as he told her this, something was definitely wrong. "Don't you know, it's been almost 5 years since you left and I've aged maybe a few months. I've slowed down time but you...you somehow sped it up. 5 inches in 6 days? I would have loved to have seen that. I told you that you would grow up faster than you wanted to." She held his hands in hers, seeing the difference made her a little sad. "Do you want time to march on slowly like it does for them?" She couldn't really count herself because she didn't age although time marched on, she was still the young adult when he left. "You have seen the world, traveled far, do you want a normal life?" She looked into his eyes, her eyes shifting to a little more grayish tinge.

Mordred

"A normal life. I feel I have sold my soul for the revenge that earlier meant everything to me. Perhaps I did. Maybe this aging of mine is a price for the blackness I allowed to consume my heart. Each day keeping alert. I dream of a time when I see a tree for what it is... a place to sit back against on a lovely spring day, with only the sky above as my thought as the clouds drift by. Instead, I see a tree and I wonder if an ambush waits behind."
Yet looking into Aoi's ever-changing eyes, Rex had a thought. "You... hmm, you have frozen your aging. While I can shift mine. I haven't ever thought about this but maybe... " Standing... pacing back and forth but never letting his eyes leave hers, "Wow, maybe somehow, someway... between you and I... this is insane but what isn't? Maybe we could reverse... me? Maybe if I can somehow stop altogether my aging, then with your help, flow it backwards... and I can speed this."
Slumping back in his seat... "But that is crazy. That would be altering reality. I am what I am. And you, you have your entire life ahead of you."
*See Pillory*

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi thought hard about what he was saying. Was there some way to slow his aging and speed hers up? She would have to think about that. "Could there...no...but there could?" She was pacing now also, half-formed ideas in her head, her eyes turning bright green. She shakes her head sadly, "My life is forfeit Rex. I have given my life to revenging my family. There is nothing left for me...unless I find happiness...me and you...could it work?" She felt so confused, her emotions and her thoughts racing. "You still into coffee then?"

Mordred

"Angel", chuckling as his eyes followed her every lovely move, "If I were any more into coffee, I'd be a crazy little bean ready for a set of hands to reach up and pluck me, grind me, and yikes... pour scolding hot water through me.... until my essence was swirling around, steaming, in a giant cup. My only hope would then be... if any sentient thoughts remained inside my liquid form... that you would then drink me."
Hmm, sounding a little different then he intended, Rex burst out laughing, taking Aoi's hands as she continued to pace by him... pulling her down onto his lap. "And are you still ticklish? Oh yes, that heavily guarded secret you once threatened my life with if I told single soul." Fingers suddenly caressed up and down Aoi's arms... a spot Rex remembered well as driving her crazy with fits of giggles.
*See Pillory*

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi smiled, "And I would drink you and savor each sip." She laughed a little when he pulled her onto his lap. When he rubbed her arm, she burst into giggles. "You...are...bad" she gasped, giggling hysterically, squirming in his lap.

Mordred

Whispering into her ear, "Ah but you like bad, you always have". Standing suddenly, Rex placed Aoi on her seat. "Angel, I must leave for a while. A meeting with a possible new client. But no, in this case, it's simply as a bodyguard. He has reason to believe someone is after his life."
A small kiss on her cheek... wanting more but still recovering from recent events... Rex departed Corner Sweets.
*See Pillory*

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi smiled, "Have a good meeting, dear. Don't get any more injuries." She blushed when he kissed her cheek. She sank back into her seat when he left, a glow of happiness in her face. Today was a very good day. She got up and walked out of Corner Sweets, heading in the opposite direction for training to work off the extra energy. She would stop back in later today to see how it went.

Lilias

Rose stood up, a bit groggily. A bit more and she would have fallen asleep at the table, and that wouldn't have been a good thing. Not there. She headed for the door; some wandering might hep clear her head.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Mordred

Rex returned. What he always wondered about was how so many that pass before this shop, in their daily travels, never entered. It was as if it was invisible to most, only 'here' for those that... maybe belong.
Yet there seemed to be nobody here at the moment.
"Hello?", he called out. Not so much for wanting anything, as 'his' cup was in it's usual place on the usual table. But it was so utterly quiet in this small shop.
Sitting, finally, he thought about his earlier conversation with Aoi. If I were a cup of java, he thought, she'd savour every drop. How, my little angel, he thought... would that change you. As you changed me yesterday... his thoughts drifted.
*See Pillory*

Aestas

Slender fingers smoothed silver hair out of her face.  Dark eyes looking over the shop before she would move inside.  It was tiny, but cozy, the heady aroma of chocolate with a spicy undertone of cinnamon and pleasure.  That tilt of her head as she would move slowly within the confines of the building, hovering by the door for a moment, merely taking in those who were already inside, milling about, perhaps waiting for their orders to be filled.  She would smile, a wry twist of lips, merely watching.  Voyeuristic, her thumb hooking into the edge of her belt, resisting the sweet smell of cocoa that begged her to order..

Mordred

Rex sat back in his chair, as always drinking his coffee... watching the newcomer, without being obvious. Interesting, he thought... just when I noticed that so many pass by without entering, here is someone. Thinking back in memory, he doesn't recall ever seeing her... yet not trusting his memory entirely these days, he keeps his eyes and ears alert.
He smiled at and watched... the watcher.
*See Pillory*

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi came twirling down the sidewalk, her training session did wonders for her mood. She felt light and care-free as she headed towards Corner Sweets, wondering how Rex's meeting had gone and if he had come back in one piece. She sighed, he would always be who he was; playful, sometimes reckless, and she was protective of him. She entered, closing the door with a spin and a pose, smiling at Rex before walking over and sitting across from him and his perpetual cup of coffee. "Hello Rex. How was your day?" she asked, her voice still high from her work-out.

Aestas

Her hand sliding down her jeans, seeming to wipe her palm against them, her over-sized shirt sliding against her wrist, her fingers disappearing for a moment under the fabric.  No one else seemed to be approaching the counter, at the moment.  She would begin to move forward, gaze catching that of Rex for a moment, that slight flush to pale features before her gaze would flee his own, her back straightening.  As if feigning confidence she didn't feel.  

Hey, she could fake it right?  Wry smile as she would lean against the counter, placing her order quietly.  Trying not to look again, though her shoulders would shift, as if her back itched from the attention.  'Cocoa please, make it strong..'  She did so love it when it felt like she was drinking liquefied chocolate..

anon

Ally leaned against the counter, her eyes lit on the newcomer with distinct interest. "Hey there. I'm Ally." The apron had suffered a little from the trail of chocolate dusts that the butterflies had left behind, but remained somewhat pristine. She nodded at the empty seats, bells jingling with her movements. "Just take a seat and I'll bring it over." She called out as she bustled about behind the counter, ladling the hot liquid into the ceramic mug.

Her eyebrows quirked up at Rex and Aoi before her lips curled a little. "Maybe a pair of doves today?" She murmured as she placed the cup, plate and a bowl of marshmallows on a small silver server.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences
Disclaimer (thanks Caeli xP): I am NOT a kitty...just...kitty-like.
"I never trust a sneaky pussy." - Paradox

Mordred

Like a blast of warm light, he blinked a few times, feigning to protect his eyes from the lovely sun... as Aoi walked towards him. "My day, precious one, has been good. Mostly because I knew I'd feel your rays before it ended", Rex replied as he pulled a chair free, "How was your training? By the bright pinkness in your cheeks, I'm guessing it was vigorous?"
Looking over at Ally, for some reason Rex suddenly pictured sugar floating everywhere in this establishment, as if from an implosion. Shaking his head, he muttered a soft "Whoa!" before regathering his thoughts.
*See Pillory*

anon

"Whoa to you too." Ally chirped, a hand at her hip. She grinned at him, mischief alight in her eyes. "Precious one, hm?" She shook her finger at Rex. "Looks like you recovered well. I want none of that bleeding business in here, understand? What can I get for you two love birds today?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Aestas

Skittish indeed.  Yet she would smile gratefully at Ally.  'Thank ya.'  Her fingers playing nervously with a strand of silver hair, her gaze shifting to Aoi as she would enter.  Feeling more comfortable with the attention directed elsewhere, she would slide into an empty table, curling her legs underneath it, one battered tennis shoe hooked around the leg of the chair, watching Ally as she would make the cocoa.  Already her mouth was watering for it.

Her arm curling around her form, fingers coiling into the volumous fabric, merely watching everyone with interest, her favorite past time.  

anon

Sliding the silver platter across the counter for a moment, Ally studied the newcomer for a moment before snapping her fingers and disappearing into the kitchen.

She arrived at the newcomer's table and placed the platter down before her. Giving her a little wink, she moved her fingers across the smoking surface of the hot chocolate. Small, delicate lacy petals fell from her fingers and floated across the dense surface, a startling contrast against the dark chocolate. A pulled sugar rose was curled against the mug. "Enjoy."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Mordred

Rex stood and in an overly dramatic way, bowed, "Lady Ally, I promise, no blood from me." Standing straight, "Honestly, blood... I have no stomach seeing it... makes me weak to even think of it."
Standing behind Aoi, hands resting gently on her shoulders, "But this little one, I'm not so sure I can speak for her." Shivering, remembering drinking down the cup, yet also... somehow intrigued that it wasn't as bad as he thought it would be.
*See Pillory*

Aestas

She would blink as Ally ran away so quickly, watching the door she disappeared through again, nearly afraid to touch her cocoa.  Though it was worth the wait, her lips parting in amazement as she would watch the creation seem to bloom in the dark liquid. 

"Thats lovely! It would be almost a shame to ruin it by drinking the cocoa..'  That smile following ally back to her place behind the counter, the girl gathering her spoon, lightly shifting the sugar-spun flower about the dark liquid.  Utterly entranced by it.  At least, until the utterance of blood, her head perking up slightly, those dark eyes fixating on the other two in the store, though she makes no move to say anything, merely watching.

anon

"Lady..." Ally blinked at him vacantly before doubling over with laughter. "Oh wow. Wait until Vi hears that." Giggling, she straightened herself and mocked a curtsy, hands pulling her skirt out by her daintily and her legs crossed. "Well said, sir." She crossed her arms, still chuckling a little. "But still. No blood. Only chocolate." Her eyes flew to the hands resting on Aoi's shoulders and her smile grew. "Or else you might be surprised by what you find in your daily cup of coffee."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Mordred

Rex nearly spewed out a mouthful of coffee, laughing. "Is 'Lady' that surprising?"
"Ok, no more formal terms from me." As she turned, he stuck out his tongue, but only briefly for he was certain, somehow, she'd know.
*See Pillory*

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi stiffened slightly when Rex came to stand behind her, she suddenly felt self-conscious and nervous like a young girl again. She laughed softly, a nervous little giggle. "I guess that means our formality is gone, my lord Rex." she said with her mouth in a quirky smile. "I promise, Ally, no more blood-letting. Next time I'll drag Rex outside before forcing him to heal better. And none of your sugar creations for me, missy. Sugar is bad..." Her eyes flickered to Rex, remembering one winter night when they had had too much sugar and had ended up getting a scalding from Nurse for playing with the real swords. She laughed and relaxed a little more, listening to Ally and Rex banter back and forth.

anon

Ally caught the tongue out of the corner of her eyes and spun around. "Watch it." She held up a hand and blew into it. A splatter of white confectioner's powder sprayed across Rex. Laughing, Ally turned to Aoi, brushing the spare powder off of the palms of her hands. "And sugar is never bad. Apparently only what you do with them...if you believe what Eva says about me."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences