Can't login to Elliquiy

Started by Lirliel, March 26, 2014, 02:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lirliel

Well I can, but I have to go through a website that unblocks me.

Any help on what might be causing these shenanigans as it's really annoying and it screws up the layout of the site like badly.
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Vekseid

Quote from: Lirliel on March 26, 2014, 02:08:44 PM
Well I can, but I have to go through a website that unblocks me.

Any help on what might be causing these shenanigans as it's really annoying and it screws up the layout of the site like badly.

Without knowing what you mean by blocked I can't speculate. What happens, exactly, when you attempt to log in?

Lirliel

It's not even logging in, just getting to the site itself is impossible.

I can see that it's up, because, obviously people are using it, I can get to Elliquiy on my phone, that loads up fine, no problem.

But if I try to do it through Firefox/Chrome/I-net Explorer, I get told, "The website isn't loading", like you'd get if the website was offline.

However if I use a website to 'unblock' it, then I can get on, though the layout is messed up. Maybe my provider is blocking the website somehow?

It's really weird and I've never had this problem before.
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Caeli

I haven't the foggiest what you are referring to, unfortunately.  What does the page ask for / request?  What website is blocking?

It may help if you post a screenshot from your computer.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Lirliel

That's what I was afraid of. I think somehow my provider might think the website is dangerous.. or unsafe or something and maybe that's why it's being blocked.

As for what I'm getting is this:
De wachttijd voor de verbinding is verstreken
The waiting time for the connection has passed (which you get when a website takes to long to answer, usually it means that its offline)

De server op elliquiy.com doet er te lang over om te antwoorden.
The server on Elliquiy.com is taking to long to respond.

Misschien is de website tijdelijk niet beschikbaar of overbelast. Probeer het over enkele ogenblikken opnieuw.
Maybe the website isn't available or it's being overloaded, please try again in moments. (Been trying for 2 hours.. so uhm no)
    Controleer uw netwerkverbinding als u geen enkele pagina kunt laden.
Check my netwerk connection, if you cannot load other websites. (Loading everything just fine)
    Verzeker u ervan dat Firefox toegang heeft tot het web als uw computer of netwerk is beveiligd door een firewall of proxyserver.
Make sure that Firefox has access to the web, which it does, and that my computer or netwerk isn't protected by firewall or proxy, which it isn't. (Well Windows Firewall but.. I doubt that's causing it)

Vekseid

How long has this been going on?

If you open up a dos prompt and type
ping elliquiy.com
what is the result?

Lirliel

A little while, started like 2/3 hours ago.

And I did it, got: Time-out for action.

Four times, so I guess it's something on my side?

jouzinka

When I get that, I usually check downforeveryoneorjustme.com - this will tell you if E is generally down or if it's just you that has problems. I think I remember Veks saying that sometimes the internet connection between Europe and America lags.

Are you on a network where it might be possible Elliquiy is blocked, being an adult site? Every other page loads normally?
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Lirliel

Well I am in the Netherlands, so I guess it might just be my connection, though I've seen several others online, that are from Europe so... :S

I dunno. The website you showed did say the site was down just for me.

And I'm at home, so no network that might be blocking me, plus I can look at other adult sites no problem, so that can't be it, I tried.

Lirliel

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH it's working Wooooohooo! :D

I dunno how, I dunno why, but WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Vekseid

Quote from: Lirliel on March 26, 2014, 03:23:39 PM
Well I am in the Netherlands, so I guess it might just be my connection, though I've seen several others online, that are from Europe so... :S

I dunno. The website you showed did say the site was down just for me.

And I'm at home, so no network that might be blocking me, plus I can look at other adult sites no problem, so that can't be it, I tried.

If you're familiar with Gelbooru, they are hosted in the same building E is. May want to check if you can't reach them either if this happens again.