The Dragon-Kin Prince ~Open to all~

Started by SimonSez, July 09, 2010, 06:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DylanTheVillain

((well I was thinking that the roads around that Capital city will be guarded obviously, but if you went through the cave and popped out only a few yards from the castle, then used the entrance you find by sly mike it'd make me relevant (not to mention I can make my char have a troop of some kind of creatures to help with your cause) or you could have sly mike already know my minoatur and that my cave IS the secret entrance whichever way you want it to go ^_^)
<A href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=126865.msg5596646#msg5596646> Some Villainous ideas.</a>

Looking for a group to do an online tabletop game with. :D (Warning- may be mildly newbish)

SimonSez

(( i got an idea thanks thou, when we find Sly Mike he will tell us he went through your RPC's way and will take the same route. ))

Goober

(OOC: Wow, already been left behind in the dust...:P Lol. This turned out to be a long post. Just trying to move the story plot along and finally get to Beira...lol)

Jeil pushed his hands against the door, opening it. Inside was another normal room of the inn, except that it was clear someone had spent a night here. On the table was a book, such an innocent item that froze the blood in Jeil's veins. It was a copy of The Rise and Fall of the Noble Empire, and Jeil had read it once before. How would a book only found in the heart of LayGuard find its way here? He walked over, and ran his hands over the worn tomb. It was written by Lestat Arfindol, one of the most famous historians in the known world. He was primarily a traveler, looking for the histories and wonders of the world. Though a citizen of LayGuard, he rarely spent any time in the city.

Could this be the original? Jeil wondered. He noticed that there was a piece of parchment sticking out of the tomb. Carefully extracting he began to read.

To the Fallen Star-
Whatever may have happened 20 years ago, it is the the present that we must be focused upon. I regretted those days of violence, and fear. The terrible massacres, and deaths of innocents, of an empire. My how time seems to stand still, and rushes by so quickly. It seems in the blink of an eye, I have become an old man, and you, you have grown from that boy I used to know. Though my time upon this world diminishes with each passing second, your life is yet to begin, and I wish and for always, the best.

I know that you have never forgotten the terrible events that had occurred. Why would you? You were 6 at that time, old enough to have lost all your innocence. It was in the ruins of Grandon that I had found you. I'm sure you remember what happened afterward, the times we spent together. I considered you to be my son, treated you as such, and somewhere deep down, hoping that the good that came between us would cast out the bitterness and hatred you feel everyday, when you walk out into the throng of LayGuard citizens. I see that that was impossible, but in our times, I feel that at least you have learned enough to keep an open mind, never letting hatred and revenge warp your soul.

I hoped you would come to see that there are always two sides to the same story, and that is why I now leave you with my original work dedicated to the noble Grandon city. I fear that your journey has just begun, and that you have yet to choose your fate, your legacy. What I had written in the book was true. During the destruction of Grandon, not only you, but many others as well fled the scene. Many are still alive today. Though what had happened to the Queen of Grandon, no one knows. Suffice to say that the only head that rolled that day was of Grandon's King.

Grandon was never a strong dominion, yet its power flowed from nature, the surroundings, and from life itself. Legend has it that the dragons once made a pact with Grandon, and would come to its aid. I've always wondered where they were when LayGuard attacked, but this was only legend, never proven, at least by outsiders. I doubt that Grandon would guard this information lightly. However, there was a prophecy given by a seer of LayGuard. I was one of the few who heard it before the seer was imprisoned, but it depicted the rise of Grandon and its people again through the vessel of an individual born to civilization with the heart of a dragon.

Like I've said, there are many paths before you. Follow your heart, and trust your instincts.
-Arfy

Jeil sat, momentarily dazed. This was beyond anything he imagined. Who was this Falling Star? What does the rise of Grandon mean? More importantly, how did this message end up here? In a flash, Jeil realized something. That this important information is here means that whoever the Falling Star was, he wasn't here. It also meant that those six 'robbers' and that innkeeper might not have been what they seemed, for they very likely have read this. Shit.

Racing downstairs, Jeil just barely caught the words "...against LayGuard...Would you join me?" Jeil glanced around. The innkeeper was nowhere in sight. Hell. One of the prisoners was awake. Jeil faced Rekka and Pixie, putting a finger to his lips in a shhhh manner. Grabbing a water skin from the nearby bar, he emptied the contents upon that man's face, who proceeded to sputter. Whispering to Rekka and Pixie, "Sorry, I had to make sure he wasn't still under your influence or anything. This is important. If you want to look away, do so."

Placing his thumbs against the man's artery on the neck, Jeil looked the man in the eyes. "Calm down, if you know what's good for you. Now, I'm not like my friends here, so I suggest you think carefully about what you say if you want to live. Now, what's your name?"

The man gulped. "A..a..anin." Jeil noticed no notable change in the man's pulse, nor eyes. "Good. Now Anin, I know you want to live, so I suggest you tell me the truth. Otherwise..." Jeil put pressure upon the man's neck just to prove his point. "Now, who do you work for? Who sent you?"

The man looked bewildered. "What? I was with my fellow theives, we don't work for anyone," he said quickly, too quickly. His eyes had darted and his pulse had skyrocketed. Jeil tsk-tsked. Calming reaching down and grabbing the man's left pinky, he started bending it backwards. It was crude, but efficient. The screams started. "Allright, allright, I'll tell you..." Jeil relaxed the pressure. "I was hired by the innkeeper. I don't know nothing about him, except he paid us to accost any travelers who seemed suspicious." He was telling the truth.

Turning to Rekka and Pixie, making sure the man was hearing him, he announced, "I really wish you two hadn't been so...open...in your discussion of LayGuard rebellion. I don't know how much the innkeeper heard, but as you can clearly see, he already ran off. So, change of plans. We'll head back towards the town we just left and lie low for a while." Turning back towards the prisoner, Jeil swiftly knocked him out with a punch.

Jeil looked annoyed at his traveling companions. "I can't believe just traveling with you two made me a hell of a fugitive against one of the strongest empires around...We need to talk Rekka. Just not here. We need to leave tonight. Tomorrow, I bet you tons of LayGuard soldiers are going to be here. I don't know how, but it seems like there were people in LayGuard who was on a lookout for you, or someone with your appearances anyways. We'll leave the prisoners here. I fed him some false information to give us time. We're still headed for Beira, so grab a horse Rekka. You, my friend, are about to get a crash course in how to run like the wind on horseback." Heading towards the door, Jeil had a second thought, and turned to the other soldier, the one he dispatched. That soldier still had his money pouch, which Jeil promptly took. Heading outside, Jeil took out a coin, and flipped it towards Rekka and Pixie. It had the crown of the LayGuard empire.
1. "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."- Oscar Wilde
2. "Men are like steel. when they lose their temper, they lose their worth." :-)
- Chuck Norris
3. "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
4. "A word to the wise isn't necessary."
5. And finally..."I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."
- A. J. Liebling

SimonSez

(( one  hell of a Post XD ))

Rekka looked from Pixie to Jeil who suddenly rushed down the stairs and over to them "We were whispering..." he said but guessed it didn't matter, some beings in this world learned to lip read or had super hearing. Hearing what the man said Rekka was shocked to hear of this news. Getting up he looked around making sure they were totally alone but 3 men who were drinking were still here, but they smelt of beer so they weren't a threat. Hearing he was going to get a crash course in horse riding Rekka shrugs as he walked towards the doors and then saw Jeil walk back over to the man he knocked out and he then catches the coin and saw it was a LayGuard coin, sighing he rubbed his head "should of thought this through more.." he said, a bit disappointed in him self.

Aviva

Pixie had not even managed to think out her answer when Jeil had appeared her mouth closing as rapidly as it opened to correct him on a few matters but she decided it was better not to actually state anything currently. She watched as the two started to get ready to leave she placed the key given on the table where her feet had been. While the other two moved to gather the horses she moved to the men that had attacked them.

She mad sure neither of her companions could see ber as she placed a hand on the side of each mans neck. Her blue bloomed once more to violet though stronger than before. She uttered a few words under her breath a odd tune seeming to carry even though no words could be heard.

"Blur..."

She whispered barely loud enough for those nearest to her to hear let alone anyone else. She pulled the hood up over her head to hide her eyes as this time the colour would take time to fade.

When the men were found and questioned there would only rememebred blurred details of what had happened, helped by the speed of the fight itself and the sleeping spell the man had already been induced on.

She made way to approach those that had been drinking and the scent of the ale that came from them almost made her pass out. They were already blurred enough she felt as she left the inn to follow the other two. She quickly mounted her horse rubbing the back of it's left ear lightly before giving two light kicks to it's side and taking off along the road at a slow trot as she waited for the other two to catch up.

Back from a very long break.

On and Offs

Story Ideas

SimonSez

Rekka climbed onto the Horse, looking to see he was on it rite he watched Pixie and Jeil, doing the same he copied what they did and were soon off down the road heading to Beria. Half an hour later they were coming to the nearest town, it was known as Fly~ reason was because of the Fire Flys, it was meant to be a very beautiful town but no thanks to LayGuard presence there no one could enjoy the fire flys any more.

Goober

After riding with his companions till the nearest town, Jeil pulled his horse from its dash. "Best be careful and not get seen by the LayGuard," Jeil cautioned. After stopping near the outskirts of the town, Jeil turned to face his companions. Turning to Pixie, he acknowledged, "I believe I do owe you an apology and an explanation. I was abrupt back at the inn, forgive me, but it seems that our 'grandiose' adventure has changed in significance drastically. I believe that the danger level of our journey has increased a lot." Turning to Rekka, Jeil questioned flatly, "All I've heard from you is how terrible the LayGuard are. Why are you making this journey?" Reaching into his bag and pulling out the book he had found at the inn, he added, "Does Grandon mean anything to you?"
2. "Men are like steel. when they lose their temper, they lose their worth." :-)
- Chuck Norris
- Napoleon Bonaparte
5. And finally..."I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."
- A. J. Liebling

SimonSez

Looking to Jeil Rekka heard from Jeil that this journey was getting more dangerous, it was always dangeruse for him. Then he saw Jeil pull out a book and saw what book it was, looking down a little Rekka was quite for a bit "Grandon...is my home..My..Home....I'll only tell you everything .. until i know you two want to go on this journey...if not then there no point in telling you two.." he said to them.

Aviva

Pixie nodded her head slightly to Jeil at his apology and statement as he talked. She kept her head covered from the pair of them as she listened to the quiet chatter between the two of then. None of it was truly making sense right now though she hoped once given a chance they would make the details clearer to her.

On and Offs

Story Ideas

Goober

"Listen," Jeil quietly spoke to Rekka, "There's only one thing I care about. Me." Jeil took out the letter within the book he was holding. He handed it towards Rekka. "It looks like now I'm forced to stick with you for another while yet. I have some business myself in LayGuard, but if that letter is true, then it seems your problem is far worse, and more serious than mine. Danger will follow all of us, even if we do go in separate directions, so there's no point in separating, at least until whoever want's you dead is gone. So, want to tell me what's going on, and what you're planning? Cause what ever it is, I'm stuck in it for at least the time being..."
- Chuck Norris
- Napoleon Bonaparte
- A. J. Liebling

SimonSez

Looking to Jeil he nods, but if he was to give his secert to them they would be in bigger trouble then they lready were in. Looking to Pixie he hadnt told her anything about what was going on "Pixie...you do know what your getting your self into just by being with me don't you.." he asked her.

Aviva

"Right now it looks as if it would be a bit late for me to be getting into. Sounds more like what I am already in."

She looked from Rekka to Jeil briefly as they obviously knew far more than she did currently. Obviously Layguard were involved in some way shape or form and now they would be after them. She could possibly fade away into nothing and be long gone before they managed to track them down to here but in the same notion they could also kill her three times faster should they find her.

"If you have something to share you may wish to share it now while we have ears to listen with and then can make our decisions while we have our heads to do so."

On and Offs

Story Ideas

SimonSez

Rekka listen to Pixie, a little hard to understand from her words but knew what she meant "...ok.." he said nodding " rite then don't say i didn't warn you both.....I'm the Hire to Grandon ..my farther was a friend to the king of LayGuard but...when he discovered that i was to be born he invaded my home land..to either kill me or obtain me..dunno but either way wasn't good...my mother escaped with me...my farther beheaded coldly...My mother brought me up in secret in the Elder woods.....she passed away about 3 year's ago... telling me who i am..and what i am..." he explained, removing his hood, showing them his face, his hair jet black but his eyes were piercing yellow eyes that glowed softly, his pupil's were slits like beasts eyes.

Goober

"So...a dragon kin eh?" Jeil neither sounded surprised or fazed. "Never reckon I'd live to see one of those...anyways, this makes sense. It seems that there are other Grandon survivors, and LayGuard, wishing to prevent a possible uprising, wants to...cut the head off the snake...so to speak. Still, this doesn't make sense. You currently are pretty much traveling alone, having no idea where the rest of your people are, probably scattered. What do you think you can achieve by heading recklessly towards Beira, getting closer and closer to LayGuard? What's your plan?"
- Chuck Norris
- Napoleon Bonaparte
- A. J. Liebling

SimonSez

"I already know where the other Grandon people are...they may of attacked the castle at Grandon but they have kept the city...but no one is allowed to leave it...but what i need is an Army on the outside..and when we attack...I'm hoping my people will upraise..take arms..but i guess I'm wishing for too much.." he said looking down.

Goober

"Ah, so now I'm starting to see. LayGuard had taken over the monarchy of Grandon, yet many people still reside there, and you wish to overthrow the pseudo Grandon government which is really run by the LayGuard? But you haven't been to Grandon have you? Maybe we shouldn't rush, and see what it's really like in Grandon currently. We don't know if its people are oppressed, enslaved, happy, or content to be in their situation. Meanwhile, I think we should head towards Beira, then make our way into LayGuard where we can gain more information. Anyways, LayGuard stands between us and Grandon, and it will be many days ride to get to Grandon. We should also try to find and recruit powerful allies along the way. For one, does anyone here have any notion of who the "Fallen Star" might be? He might be important in our situation."
- Chuck Norris
- Napoleon Bonaparte
- A. J. Liebling

SimonSez

Rekka nods hearing, he didnt wish to upset the blances of peace if that was how Grandon was now...but if it wasn't he was going to try with all his strength to get it to be a free kingdom again. Looking to Jeil when he asked who this fallen star was "fallen star ?.." he asked as he looked to him confused "is he or she someone we need ? .." he asks.

Aviva

She watched as Rekka pulled his hood back. The image beneath did not startle or surprise her she was actually start expecting that perhaps he was a wanted criminal wanted for murders or rapes but it appeared his race was his secret.

"I have one question before I decide whether I go with or without..."

She paused lightly her question had to be answered truthfully.

"If we get where we need to go and find out that the people are truly happy and content would you be willing and able to accept that and walk away and make your own life bar I could understand on one account of taking the mans life of the one who killed your father?"

On and Offs

Story Ideas

SimonSez

Rekka looked to Pixie hearing her question "I would accept it...but if a man who killed my farther in cold blood and has been hunting me all this time i might have my doubt about it...but my people come first..before my personal needs..." he said to Pixie. Looking around he didn't like being in the open "If that has answered your questions might we head to Beria now ?.." Rekka asked as it was still dark and he was rather cold from being soaked and had no time to rest either.

Goober

Jeil nodded grimly. "All right, let's head for Fly. Guess it's time to put on our acting skills. We need to make up a story about why the three of us are traveling together. Hopefully, that innkeeper headed straight for LayGuard and there are few if any LayGuard sentries in Fly. Rekka, you should also try to find something else to wear...preferably not something that the innkeeper's likely description, 'a hooded man' would point towards." Turning his horse towards Fly, he motions to his companions. "Time to polish our acting skills...we're going to need it for a while yet."
- Chuck Norris
- Napoleon Bonaparte
- A. J. Liebling

SimonSez

Rekka nods hearing Jeil as he began to think, he didnt really need to wear the hood it was the fact that his eyes were not human, pressing his heel into the side of the horse he soon began to ride off along side the other 2 heading to Fly. while riding Rekka began to think of a way they could get by the LayGuard soldiers at Fly.

Aviva

Pixie accepted his answer as it appeared to be honest and heart felt rather than visible lie. She just hoped that he truly spoke the truth and did not fall already in to the lines of others.

"There may be something I can do about your eyes, though it would not really change them it would simply change how people saw them a camouflage if you will?"

She struck her own horse at the same time as she followed the suit of Rekka for now. She was not sure how long this journey was going to last and she would need to think up her own disguise now. 

On and Offs

Story Ideas

SimonSez

Hearing Pixie's idea it sounded like a good one "that be nice if you could...no one has really looked at me ...normaly.." he yelled over to her as the wind blowing by his ears was making it hard to hear, looking ahead he saw the city of Fly was coming up.

Aviva

2Well I shall deal with them when we next stop to rest. It should be easy enough and only those with magical ability shall be able to see through the mask."

On and Offs

Story Ideas

Polokiller

(I REALLY want to revive this role-play, so I'm going to take a drastic move.)
Suddenly, a shadow burst from the trees. Drake tackled Rekka right off his horse, and rolled into a ditch. He jumped up, pulling out dual hortswords, and pointed one at him.
"Come quietly and I will not have to kill you. Deal?"
<~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~>
"The one time I care, the one time j reach out to you, all you can do is sit there and watch me die! How could you?!"
"Because you never cared. You never will, demon."