Slowness

Started by Serephino, September 03, 2015, 08:32:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serephino

My browser is being slow for some reason.  I use firefox.  As of yesterday afternoon I can no longer stream youtube videos because they keep freezing.  Today an add on a site did the same thing.  I've cleared my cache, did a spyware scan, defragged, and rebooted.  It's still being slow at times.

Nico

Maybe you're using an old/outdated version of Firefox? That's the only thing that comes to mind.

Serephino

I just downloaded and installed it a month and a half ago.  It was fine until yesterday afternoon.

Nico

Okay. Then I'm sorry...I am out of ideas already. ~laughs~ I wish I could help but I'm not good with computer issues.  XD

jouzinka

Are you running Adobe Flash? Try uninstalling it. Same for Mozilla addons - try switching them off.
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

AmberStarfire

This is something that used to happen every so often when I was using Flash. It would slow right down or have problems with Youtube etc, then I'd update it and all was well, until it happened again and I updated it again.

I thought Youtube used HTML5 now instead of Flash, but apparently it still does use it too.

jouzinka

IMHO it uses Flash if you have it installed, otherwise it just uses HTML5, because whatever. Maybe it's easier?
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A