Wrath of the Dragonkin

Started by Lady Jenn, April 03, 2012, 05:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessAriel

(Sorry, have been wildly destracted by a different site. o.O)

Liliana took clutched her own bow tight in his right hand, not liking how she couldn't see a thing in the dark, it would be okay though right? She could make this trip on her own? She quivered and nudged the pack onto her back, looking aorund with an eager, yet frightened expression.

She couldn't believe her father and Piri had sent her out on her own, sure she would eventually run into other's but.. What if they were bad, her bow could only do so much.
"Let Me See You
Stripped Down to the bone"

Lady Jenn

The figure watched her intently, the darkness not impeding its eyes and thus giving it a huge advantage over Liliana. It knocked an arrow to its own bow, moving towards her with the bow pointing at Liliana. It made sure it was out of sight behind the treeline.

"Identify yourself," the figure called out to Liliana. "You cannot enter the forest of Sylvan without the rangers knowing, only a human would be so arrogant as to not know that." All that was visible of the speaker was a faint glimmer of light playing off the tip of its arrow.

PrincessAriel

(Is no one else RPing here?)

Liliana's first reaction was, of course, to look up into the treetops around her for that was where the voice was radiating from, but all she could see was a faint glow in the darkness above her. "I suppose that sense I am not dead you are at least a sensable person. My name is Liliana daughter of Vennar, I am traveling through your humble wood on a quest of extreme importance." She called out, her tone light and calm, never the one to resort to paralyzing fear.
"Let Me See You

Lady Jenn

(a couple of people have posted in the request thread, you can always post in there and see if they're still interested)

"Vennar? Where have I..." the figure started saying under its breath, pausing a moment before something in the back of its mind. She couldn't be surely? It stepped from behind the tree, the bow still raised and pointing straight at Liliana's chest. The figure was wearing a long cloak, a hood pulled over its face. "Is your mother Ainur?" the figure asked, for the first time its voice being recognisably female.

PrincessAriel

(I'm so sorry about not posting! Gah! My phone hasn't been so kind.)

"Yes, that was my mother's name. But.. She died (right?) a time ago, father took it hard to say the least," She replied, cocking her eyebrow curiously. "But, how do you know that name? And who, may I ask, are you?"

Liliana didn't like the way the female kept her bow aimed her way, in a bit of a hostile manner. "I'm no harm, it's alright if you were to lower your bow."
"Let Me See You

Lady Jenn

"I.." the figure started saying, lowering its bow before pulling its hood, revealing a beautiful young female elf, long silver hair and ice blue eyes shining even in the dark forest. "Ainur...was my sister. I don't know whether your father ever figured it out but she was an elf, which makes you a-"

She stopped talking as she heard something moving away to their left, shouldering the bow and pulling out a sword sheathed at her belt.

"I don't think we're safe here, you should follow me to my camp...if you trust me."

PrincessAriel

"Her sister? Somehow.. I doubt your claim, but I will certainly give you a chance to explain yourself," She explained, hearing the sound of movement as well, "I will follow you, but I do not trust you yet." Liliana stepped forward, hurriedly closing the space between the two, watching as the elven woman held her sword in a tight, experienced grip.

She thought back to her mother, the small glimpses she could remember, the picture... Her mother hadn't looked like an elf. Had she? For some reason, the image was a bit hazy, she couldn't tell. Could Liliana relly be half elf?
"Let Me See You

Lady Jenn

She lead her through the forest, occasionally looking back to see whether the creature she had sensed was following her, pleased to realise that they were alone as they reached a small clearing in the forest. It was almost invisible from long distance but close up a small campfire was visible at its centre, a hammock hanging between two trees and a pile of weapons lying in one corner.

"Its quite small I know," she said. "But Rangers are taught to rely only on themselves unless they absolutely have to." She took her cloak off, revealing a suit of armour that looked light but could withstand most attacks unscathed. She walked over to a small pile of supplies, pulling out a small painting, which looked almost identical to the one Vennar had but it had been painted more delicately. "Ainur wasn't her given name, it was the name she took when she fell in love with your father. I knew her as Bel'rae, daughter of one of the last heirs of the Dawnhammer elves. I should've realised who you were, you have her eyes, and she is one of the few I know who has a Dragonsblood gem," she said, nodding to the gem around her neck. Your father knows the risks that lie within Sylvan, if he sent you here something serious has happened, you had better fill me in quickly."

PrincessAriel

"Small is good, easy to protect and defend," Liliana whispered, gazing at the painting of her beautifully portraid mother, not quite believing her eyes. There was no way that was her mother.. Right? Her father would have said something, he had to have known, or had suspecions. It was just another thing he had kept from her..

Quickly she repeated as much of the story as she could, explaining about Piri and her father's odd attitudes and fearful looks. "They looked as if they were afraid that the walls could talk and spill their secrets," Liliana shook her head and shuffled closer to the elven woman. "Just please tell me that they haven't gone mad, that this is all really happening."
"Let Me See You

Lady Jenn

She sat on a small tree stump, listening intently with her head resting on one hand. Her initial curiosity developed into a more worried look, eventually growing into determination.

"I wish it wasn't true," she said through gritted teeth. "The elves fought both alongside and against humans who had control of the weapon. If we hadn't retreated south we may even have been able to help you now. The terror that king has inflicted upon the world would be enough reason to aid you in reaching the dragons, but since you are my niece I have even more reason to help. I doubt Bel...I mean, Ainur, would forgive me if I sent you to the dark lands of the north alone."

PrincessAriel

(SORRY! GAH! Work and other websites in the way.)

"Piri told me that I should be wary with people in the forest, but you seem truthful and sincere enough, so I suppose it owuld be alright if you venture with me on my journey. We just have to hope that whoever is out there isn't an enemy as well, aye?" She whispered, loud enough for the elven woman to hear as she clutched the bow in her hand a little tighter for comforts sake.

She glanced aorund at the small camp, actually taking comfort in its smallish size, it was rather.. Homely. It seemed like a nice place for rest, but she wasn't in need of rest, she was in need of a guide out to the end of the forest, safely. "Will you be able to guide me out then?"
"Let Me See You

Lady Jenn

"I've spent more of my life inside this forest than I have outside it, if I can't guide you out of this forest then no-one else is going to," she said with a laugh. "But we travel in the morning, even the oldest Elven Ranger would not walk the paths of Sylvan at night, there are creatures in this forest who can use the night to their advantage, at least this camp affords us protection from any potential attacker." Occasionally a faint shimmer was visible at the edges of the camp, although its source was unclear.

"I'm sorry, I just realised I haven't introduced myself, I am Anneke Dawnhammer," she said, bowing slightly. "I'm guessing Piri hasn't told you the whole story of how we know each other, but before you ask no, Piri isn't a relative of yours or an elf," she said with a laugh.

PrincessAriel

(Sorry.. I've been so busy with work.)

"Alright, morning it is then," Liliana replied, smiling with a friendly expression on her face. She gave a curtsy as the woman stated her name and gave a bow to her, "Anneke Dawnhammer? It's nice to meet you, I never really knew any of my other family except my father and mother. You have an interesting name though."

She sat upon a stump, gathering her skirts about her, they were mildly heavy, but nothing so bad that she couldn't handle. She glanced around them, spotting the glimmering edge to the camp, 'Maybe some sort of protection spell?' She thought to herself, gazing upward to see if there was a glimmer there as well.
"Let Me See You

Lady Jenn

(that's alright, delayed posts are better than none  :-) )

"Its a human name Piri gave to me when we became friends," she said with a laugh. "My given Elvish name you would struggle to pronounce, so I thought you'd prefer a name you can say without hurting your brain in the process. Don't worry, if anything unwanted approaches the camp I'll be alerted."

She made up a bed in the middle of the forest floor for Lilliana, before sitting down, her back leaning on a nearby tree as her eyes closed slightly. "Don't worry about me being uncomfortable," she said. "I've rarely slept in anything as comfortable as a bed."

PrincessAriel

(okie... I'm not really sure how often I can get on here. Working nights and all that. xD)

"Alerted? By that shimmer around the camp?" Liliana wonders out loud.

"You've never slept in a bed? Have you never.. Had a home?" She asked, settling down onto her makeshift bed, not minding the slight uncomfortable nature of it. "Where all have you slept before, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Let Me See You

Lady Jenn

(that's alright, occasional posts are better than none at all  :-))

"They're Elvish runes," Anneke replied. "The kind of magic humans have never quite perfected. Anything non-Elvish approaches those runes they make a noise only an Elf could hear."

"My father...your grandfather was one of the Elves who remained in the North when most of the Elvish clans returned to our homelands in the south. I spent the early part of my life in the city of Semin to the north of here where admittedly I slept in a bed each night. When you become a Ranger though you learn to sleep whenever and whereever you can, you don't have an option to be picky about where you sleep."

PrincessAriel

(wow... I'm so so sorry! Gah. I ended up messing up my ankle by falling down the stairs at work, so I've been a bit occupied and forgot all about the roleplay here. O.o)
"Let Me See You

Lady Jenn

(its okay, do you want to continue the RP?)

PrincessAriel

(My re-apply date is so far away that I.. I'm not sure if I can. I feel as if, focusing on work would help make time fly faster, thus leading to reaching next April quicker. But, I feel extremely bad for letting my attention slip away from this roleplay. :( )
"Let Me See You

Lady Jenn

(shall I restart the RP again then? would rather continue this story with you even if your replies are delayed though)