News:

Main Menu

Mangas you read

Started by Foxydemon911, July 12, 2020, 10:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxydemon911

What kind of mangas do you like to read and why?

I like them all but I mostly love yaoi’s
I love how after along time trying to make there feelings show. It all pays off at the end

I didn’t draw this

Strega

Hi and I wish you a speedy approval!

I haven't read any in a while I am afraid but I like anything that has a good deal of suspence. For example, Death Note was a manga I remember I devoured back then, read it in less than a week.

Foxydemon911

Quote from: Strega on July 12, 2020, 10:24:18 AM
Hi and I wish you a speedy approval!

I haven't read any in a while I am afraid but I like anything that has a good deal of suspence. For example, Death Note was a manga I remember I devoured back then, read it in less than a week.

Ever try parasite? That’s an good one I couldn’t stop reading that one

I didn’t draw this

Strega

No but since you suggest it, I will give it a try.

Nausicaa of the valley of the winds was a m a Z I n g as well. I finished this beautiful piece of creation and I did not know what to do with my life after that.

Foxydemon911

Quote from: Strega on July 12, 2020, 11:24:27 PM
No but since you suggest it, I will give it a try.

Nausicaa of the valley of the winds was a m a Z I n g as well. I finished this beautiful piece of creation and I did not know what to do with my life after that.

I think about it
What is it about?

I didn’t draw this

Strega

A war against those that want to destroy the forest.

Foxydemon911

Quote from: Strega on July 12, 2020, 11:47:13 PM
A war against those that want to destroy the forest.

Did they make a movie out of it? I think I saw the movie

I didn’t draw this

Strega

Actually, they made the manga because they wanted to make the movie!
The movie is amazing. The manga is extraordinary.

Foxydemon911

Yea I seen the movie maybe I will read the manga later
I have many yaoi’s I have to read first

I didn’t draw this

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Strega on July 12, 2020, 11:50:24 PM
Actually, they made the manga because they wanted to make the movie!
The movie is amazing. The manga is extraordinary.

Love the movie.. my favorite line in the movie is one officer going “That’s Lord Yupa, kill him and you’ll be famous” (theN runs away)

Strega

The concept of the toxic forest is what captivates me.
It is indeed a masterpiece.

Foxydemon911

One of the mangas I want to read is call Free!
Looks like a good read too bad that movie is all Japanese I mean I hate subtitles
I can’t read that face and watch the movie or show at the same time

I didn’t draw this

Strega

Yes, this needs some training, subtitle reading.
I remember when I was a student learning English, Japanese shows had the fastest subtitles I had ever encountered, you had to read 3 lines in a breath!

Eventually, it taught me to read faster. It helped a lot!
It is good reading practice, Foxy!

Foxydemon911

Ok maybe I try it later when everything at my house calms down

I didn’t draw this

Jag

As much as I love a good, complex story...I read a lot of fighting manga (and watch a lot of fighting anime). They do have good stories, but they are all basically the same. Strong opponent shows up, heroes get stronger, even stronger opponent shows up, etc...

Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragon Ball, Toriko, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, Grappler Baki, and Holyland; just to name a few.

Re-watching the Toriko anime right now, but going to pick the manga back up soon. I never finished it, as it was till being put out the last time I read it. I would like to finish it since the anime was cancelled.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Foxydemon911

Quote from: Jag on July 13, 2020, 04:54:09 PM
As much as I love a good, complex story...I read a lot of fighting manga (and watch a lot of fighting anime). They do have good stories, but they are all basically the same. Strong opponent shows up, heroes get stronger, even stronger opponent shows up, etc...

Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragon Ball, Toriko, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, Grappler Baki, and Holyland; just to name a few.

Re-watching the Toriko anime right now, but going to pick the manga back up soon. I never finished it, as it was till being put out the last time I read it. I would like to finish it since the anime was cancelled.

Tell me what it’s about?

I didn’t draw this

Avernale

Toriko is "Basically Dragonball except" it's set in a world obsessed with hunting dangerous, giant monsters and turning them into mouth-watering delicacies.  Seriously, the more dangerous the monster is, the better it tastes, and the stronger it makes you.  Although the actual plot is more about tracking down a legendary ingredient that brought about world peace in the past in order to prevent some future calamity.

Foxydemon911

Sounds good but sad they didn’t just keep them as pets and not sure them as food

I didn’t draw this

stormwyrm

I tend to go for shounen, so right now I've been reading Berserk (one volume a month, up to volume 34), Seraph of the End, Made in Abyss, Kimetsu no Yaiba, and Rave Master. The last one's by Hiro Mashima, the guy who afterwards did Fairy Tail, and I noticed that he recycled quite a lot of elements in it to in Fairy Tail, and there are many shared characters in the two...
If there is such a phenomenon as absolute evil, it consists in treating another human being as a thing.
O/OA/A, Requests

Jag

Quote from: Foxydemon911 on July 13, 2020, 11:41:33 PM
Sounds good but sad they didn’t just keep them as pets and not sure them as food

Some of them do have beast companions. A Battle Wolf, an Emperor Crow, a Mother Snake, and a Wall Penguin; to name a few.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Foxydemon911

Quote from: stormwyrm on July 14, 2020, 01:25:35 AM
I tend to go for shounen, so right now I've been reading Berserk (one volume a month, up to volume 34), Seraph of the End, Made in Abyss, Kimetsu no Yaiba, and Rave Master. The last one's by Hiro Mashima, the guy who afterwards did Fairy Tail, and I noticed that he recycled quite a lot of elements in it to in Fairy Tail, and there are many shared characters in the two...

I wonder why he did that? Why not make it completely different with different characters. Sounds kinda lazy

I didn’t draw this

Foxydemon911

Quote from: Jag on July 14, 2020, 05:47:51 AM
Some of them do have beast companions. A Battle Wolf, an Emperor Crow, a Mother Snake, and a Wall Penguin; to name a few.

Oh I’m glad makes me happy. I want a battle wolf

I didn’t draw this

Avernale

A full-grown Battle Wolf is roughly the size of a small mountain.  The main character has a Battle Wolf puppy for a pet, which, last I saw, is larger than a horse.

Foxydemon911

Quote from: Avernale on July 14, 2020, 10:11:44 PM
A full-grown Battle Wolf is roughly the size of a small mountain.  The main character has a Battle Wolf puppy for a pet, which, last I saw, is larger than a horse.

I still want a battle wolf I take a puppy

I didn’t draw this

RedRose

It is rare that I get into it.

Beatrice is good. Villain's savior is great until i t isn't
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

RedRose

gave up on What's wrong with you duke, despite the gorgeous virgin-villain's first time trope, we still need more virgin males
Under the oak tree, though I guess it's a spoiler, fills the need for now
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]

Lady Sakura

I've been heavily into Korean Manga lately. Binging on too many to name. Most of them are considered Shojou but the female leads are really strong and I enjoy it when males are support characters and the woman can be badass as they want to be while keeping it classy.

Inari

I'm loving me some webtoons and Korean manhwa lately. :3

Some recommendations thus far:

Webtoon:

Lore Olympus
Your Throne
The Red King
Mightnight Poppyland
The Remarried Empress
My Gently Raised Beast
The Witch and The Bull
Like a Wind on A Dry Branch
Phantom Paradise
Subzero
Age Matters
My Dear Cold-Blooded King
The Alpha King's Claim
Shelter

^ Any that have any abuse or heavy subject matter is generally tagged with trigger warnings on the site before the comic goes into detail. These are also ones off the top of my head. >.<

Other sites:

I second "Under the Oak Tree"

Sorry if I get hate for some of my recommendations but I enjoyed them. =/ I will also put warnings next to some of them so people know to read at their own risk since these don't always have trigger warnings. x

Abandoned Empress (Beginning contains both sexual and physical abuse. But nothing else happens about from FL feeling the trauma effect every so often. Not going to go into it because it will spoil it.)

Why Are You Doing This, Duke?
This Is An Obvious Fraudulent Marriage
My Secretly Hot Husband
The Princess In The Dumpster
The Evil Witch’s Survival Plan
Who Made Me A Princess
The Symbiotic Relationship Between the Rabbit and the Black Panther
The Villainess Reverses The Hourglass
Seduce The Villain's Father
The Goal Is To Become A Gold Spoon So I Need To Be Completely Invulnerable
The Villain Discovered My Identity
Lady Baby
Angelic Lady
The Princess Imprints A Traitor
I’ll Be The Matriarch In This Life
Beware Of The Villainess!
The Way To Protect The Female Lead's Older Brother (Mentions of various methods of abuse and heavy hints of incest)
I Became The Wife Of The Monstrous Crown Prince
Father, I Don't Want To Get Married!
Sincerely: I Became A Duke's Maid (Negect)
I’m Being Shipped With The King Of Film! (Stalking)
Please Throw Me Away (Abuse)
Elixir Of The Sun (Various situations of abuse)
Survive As The Hero's Wife
Untouchable Lady
The Lady And The Beast
Ebony (Lots of evidence of all kinds of abuse towards FL)
Of Course, I'll Claim Palimony!

These are the ones I can think of from the top of my head...

Lady Sakura

Oooh! Inari. I'm reading Under the Oak Tree as well. It's pretty interesting.

Inari

I love it but find it really sad when FL devalues herself because of the abuse she was put through. I also love that the servants don't judge her on the disability that she was punished for. Not gonna lie... the size difference tho.

RedRose

The size diff is too much for me ! But I love that story

Inari

Soon as I saw them I was like "Hoooooow?!" but now I don't question it. XD;

Inari

Also, I love this scene every time:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

There are rumours that he is a monster and he comes across as super intimidating. However, he shows he isn't the type of monster that would rape his own wife. I love that consent and respect is a very strong thing in this series. He never forces her to do anything against her will, even though he is clearly sexually frustrated. Even when she is still getting used to the concept of being a wife he is really gentle with her and I love it.

Size difference tho

Inari

Another recommendation that I just caught up with on Webtoon:

The Princess's Jewels.

Yes, it is a reverse harem but it is really interesting. Plus the art is just -kisses-

Rosenrot

I read a lot of horror manga. Of course my Junji Ito collection is dumb, it takes up its own shelf. That's not a flex, I know how crazy manga volumes can get. I'm just not a volume kind of person, I prefer anthologies for most things; horror manga is no different. I want those pretty hardcover Berserks tho... anyway, I've been going through my Junji Ito books again.

Inari

Berserk is amazing. It is sad that the author passed away before it was finished. Although his apprentices found some work he had done and just tweaked it so it is open-ended.

If you haven't already I recommend Petshop of horrors and Parasyte the Maximum. Both are really interesting.

Rosenrot

Quote from: Inari on April 05, 2022, 02:41:18 PM
Berserk is amazing. It is sad that the author passed away before it was finished. Although his apprentices found some work he had done and just tweaked it so it is open-ended.

If you haven't already I recommend Petshop of horrors and Parasyte the Maximum. Both are really interesting.

RIP Miura.

I love Parasyte. Petshop's art is interesting but I'm a self-hating weeb in that if something looks too much like stereotypical anime/manga then I'm stubborn about getting into it. Yes, I realize the irony in that after having said I love Parasyte but the story is good. Shiki (the anime, I haven't read the manga) is one of my favorite series and I still struggled to get past its character designs.

Revelation

Since this seems to be the manga topic - and I'm not sure where else it would go, Berserk will be continuing without Kentaro Miura it seems

Ruby Redknees

KissWood was a charming little adventure manhwa.

Savage Garden was nice as a rare little romance-drama FtM gender bender manga. :)

Hrairoo

Fruits Basket! It is a masterpiece.

aqua

Ohhh there are so many for me! I have a few recommendations.

Manwa

Lady chef royale.

The MC is reincarnated in to a depressed abused girl who took her own life and she tries to live her life and make the girls life better. But there may be more happening than meets the eye. Its a bishoujo kind of story. Reverse harem fantasy.

One step towards the flowerpath

A girl has divine power that can slay evil but shes used by the church and dies. The girl is reborn again but knows of her previous life. and is able to understand and comprehend thing she couldn't as a baby. She learns about her mother and that she wasn't abandoned by her mother she was taken from her mother and stolen away to another country. The events happen just like before, she is abused and hurt and forced to use her power. But unlike the first time the people who were taking her to another front to use her power were stopped by her father, who missed the carriage in the last time line. Basically he rescues her and from then on its a story about a little girl dealing with and growing from her trauma.

As for manga.

How a realist hero rebuilt the kingdom

Mushoku Tensei

So I'm a Spider, So what?

Fairy tale for the demon king.

Baki-Dou

By the grace of the gods.

All of these should have proper tags most places you go but I get my manga mostly from mangasee.

MatchaMochi

I personally read any and all genre when it comes to manga, manhwa, manhua and webtoons. Lately I've mainly read classic shounen-series, romance and psychological series. Currently I'm going through/following weekly or monthly following series:

Magic Knight Rayearth 2 (almost finished reading)
Nana (just started)
Bleach (almost finished with this one too. Continuing One Piece after this)
Liar Game
Dead Dead Demon's Dededede Destruction
Oshi No Ko (caught-up)
Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi Wo Suru (Caught-up)
Golden Kamuy
Chainsaw Man (caught-up)
Berserk (caught-up)
Koko wa Ima kara Rinri desu. (Caught-up)
Mato Seihei no Slave (Few chapters behind)
Spy X Family (two or so chapters behind)
Yofukashi no Uta (Trying to catch-up)
Raise wa Tanin ga Ii (Trying to catch-up)
+ lot of GL/yuri/shoujo-ai series I tend to read like Aoi Hana and Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau

As for webtoon/manhwa/manhua-side I've finally decided to continue Tower of God and start Omniscient Reader. Should also finish Solo Levelling at some point. Also a webtoon called Mage & Demon Queen is something I absolutely am in love with at the moment,

Olissia

To Your Eternity. Every since I've watched a couple episodes of the anime, I've been curious about the manga. I enjoy reading it because it's an interesting story. I want to read all of the manga before I go back to the anime to see the differences.

Shekinah

The manga's/Manwha/webtoons I'm reading for the longest time/currently

Kingdom

Saki

Mahou Tsukai no Yome

Black Lagoon

Tamen De Gushi

The Gamer

Tower of God

Mage & Demon Queen

Winter Moon

Why don’t we drink to me and my reflection in your lovely eyes?

My O/O's
Have you taken care of yourself today?

stormwyrm

Rave Master
Bastard!!
Jahy-sama wa Kujikenai
Demon Slayer
No Guns Life
Seraph of the End

Just finished:
Claymore
Alice in Borderland
If there is such a phenomenon as absolute evil, it consists in treating another human being as a thing.
O/OA/A, Requests

MatchaMochi

Quote from: Shekinah on August 27, 2022, 05:32:19 AM
Mage & Demon Queen
Heck yeah! Another one who's reading this adorable and funny webtoon! Still need to catch-up with the few latest chapters myself.

Quote from: Shekinah on August 27, 2022, 05:32:19 AM
Kingdom

Saki

Mahou Tsukai no Yome

Black Lagoon
Quote from: stormwyrm on August 27, 2022, 02:17:58 PM
Claymore
Alice in Borderland
And these all are something I've meant to read soon. Seen Saki, Black Lagoon and Mahotsukai No Yome anime-adaptations so already know I will love those.

Ozolosterna

Akira (the manga really is a different entity from the Anime Film).
Arslan (A manga about the Persian Empire).

Kakihara

I guess I've furthered my growing weebness and purchased my first manga, digital because they are just getting too expensive to experiment with.  Had heard some good stuff about Crazy Food Truck and seemed amusing but honestly, it's pretty mid tier at best.  It was amusing at points and I get what they are going for and honestly it's nice to see a main character that isn't a kid, so I give it big points for that.  But story wise it's not not inventing anything new even though it has a fairly interesting world, but really nothing that much new compared to stuff like Fist of the Northstar when it comes to post apoc.   Doubt I'll pick up the next book unless I find it really cheap.

Ariel

I watched Vinland Saga season one and now I’m reading the manga (slowly) because I need to know what happens next! It was so very good.
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Drakan

Started reading this dark manga called Ingoshima.  Some rather cruel and exaggerated situation but wheww it can be somewhat entertaining if you have the stomach for it. I doubt it'll happen but this would probably be endorsed for an adaptation of it got enough support (God I hope not)

Kakihara

Trigger warning: Sexual assault of a minor, murder and suicide mentioned

I don't read too many mangas but every so often a mention or video intrigues me enough to search them out.  So saw this YT short about Saihate ni Madou so I had to check it out, it only has 4 chapters right now that I could find translated online as it doesn't seem published in the west.  This is an emotional and dark story.

So the story starts with a guy getting out of prison and being met by his mother after 7 years.  The back story that is then told is he had a sister he cared for as her big brother.  He always picked her up after Cram school.  We see a scene where she mentions about a creepy teacher there.  Then a little later she is crying and asking why he didn't come to pick her up that day.  And then he finds her hanging in her room, having killed herself and leaving a suicide note basically saying she'd been raped by this teacher.  So, he goes and kills this teacher in vengeance that same day.  As he's driving to the grave of his dead sister with his mother after getting out, the MC tells us he is going to kill himself, he has no place in this world and only brings hurt. 

But then he has to run back to the grave to grab the incense they forgot only to see this girl at the grave, one he realizes is the girl he saw come out as he was stabbing the teacher.  One he assumes is his daughter.  The mother mentions working at a orphanage as they are driving home and later he is looking up about the girl who was at the teachers place only to be interrupted as the girl he saw at the grave makes an appearance.  It is a girl from the orphanage who his mother is going to have around on the weekends, the girl he believes is the daughter of the man he murdered.

I know long set up but man, this is an emotional one and also has some mystery to it as the last ep revealed some things about the girl.  I'm kind of intrigued but man this is definitely a difficult one and one not for everyone.

RperSeeker69

Manga, hmm. I can't say I have ever really finished a series. Right now I'm 37 mangas in with MHA, 27 mangas in with Edens Zero, 7 in with the Sailor Moon Naoko Takeuchi collection, 14 in with Seven Deadly Sins, and 20 in with Fairy Tail, and 6 in with Spy x Family, and I have like some yuri I am reading as well. Marchen Awakens Romance I read online but I never finished my collection of them. I do have some Bleach and oh I am reading Fire Force and Jujutsu Kaisen. I guess I am a bit everywhere really. 

I'd say I am invested in yuri overall.