Gifts for the Fire King /// signup

Started by Lady Ayame, March 29, 2010, 04:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Ayame

Gifts for the Fire King
(somewhat inspired by Avatar: The Last Airbender)
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=344.0

It was a long and bloody war that the four nations (Air, Fire, Water and Earth) battled until finally the other kingdoms fell to the fire nations wrath.  On the 10th anniversary of the fire king’s rule, the subordinate kings of the lesser kingdom’s send their favorite daughters to the fire king as a sign of their loyalty. The Princesses arrive in chains in the middle of a grand party for the Fire King's court. It happens to also be a party for the Fire Prince's 23rd birthday.

Soon, the Fire Prince will choose one of the subordinate kingdom’s to rule, and so the king decides to share his anniversary gifts with his son to aid his decision. But his son's recent tour of all four kingdoms begin's to spur a feeling of guilt from witnessing the tyranny of the fire kingdom. Meanwhile, plans to free the princesses and murder the Fire King and his court begin to brew under the King's nose...

CHARACTERS:

Fire King (King Sokuri Arc Sojin the Redeemer By Xiddeus)
Fire Prince (Kokessu Sojin By Cardwolf)
Water Princess (Princess Mahina Vi Kali’i By: Lady Ayame)
Air Princess
Earth Princess ( Princess Xin Li Guo'er By: Shihong)

Requirements:

Great creativity is required from all characters regarding race, background, personality and history. Please note that the Fire King and Prince must have similar profiles since they’re family (Please coordinate with other players accordingly). Extra characters may be added if they’re exceptional (but no more than a few extra characters). I will be taking control of the environment in general but simple NPC’s such as servants can be created at will.

Character application form:

Name:
Appearance: (pictures accepted but must be accompanied by a written description)
History:
Basic Personality:

Lady Ayame

Name: Princess Mahina Vi Kali’i (Princess Ina for short)

Role: The Water Princess of the Kali'i dynasty.

Appearance: She is a rather exotic-looking woman with a rare and exquisite personality, with a long and lean body that is perfect for swimming. However, in actuality, she is nowhere near as fragile as she seems to be. Bronze skin from being constantly in the sun and dark blue eyes gaze out from beneath Long wavy raven hair that seems to always be dotted with dew drops. Water seems to be constantly drawn to the princess, she draws it from the air and it sits upon her eyelashes and wraps itself around her body to create a soft glow upon her skin. Her speaking voice is gentle, soft and melodious...yet, in tone, it can command much attention when necessary... she also possesses a good singing voice.

History: Princess Mahina Vi Kali’i is third princess to the Kali'i throne, which presides over several thousands of islands that litter the eastern sea. She is the first female considered for the throne only behind her brothers. She has been given the title of "The People's Princess" in light of her close relationship with her people, her naive and vulnerable nature appeals to the masses. The Princess had been promised to several different princes of the neighboring kingdom's according to whatever relationship was most convenient for the water kingdom at the time. Her enslavement to the Fire King was promised for a total of five years, upon which her return was promised, though she fears that her release will not be honored, the water kingdom was too weak to defend her honor in the end, so she believes that she will be a slave forever and has somewhat conceded to her fate.

Basic Personality: At her best Princess Ina is easygoing, sociable, peaceable, idealistic, diplomatic, urbane, romantic, charming and refined. She is well learned and spends most of her time reading, and enlightening herself. Ina holds a delicate and rather spiritual appeal that many men in her kingdom are drawn to. At her worst she is self-indulgent, indecisive,  changeable, guillable, resentful, frivolous and easily influenced by others, making her out to be the perfect puppet princess, a tool of her father's will.

Cardwolf

Name: Kokessu Sojin

Role: Fire Prince

Appearance: Kokessu is a dark skin young manned with lavender colored eyes.  He is a rarity amongst his people who are normally of a lighter skin tone.  His body has been sculpted thanks to long years of personal instructor by numerous tutors who pushed him through grueling exercises to ensure he was a strong young man.  Kokessu stands little over five feet four inches with a tendency to sway in the wind gently when it blows as if he is part of it.  His hair is obsidian black and kept in a ponytail to mark his royalty.  There is a hot air about him, almost as if he breathes heat, despite his gentle speaking and calm demeanor and handling of himself.

History:  Kokessu is the twelfth in line for the throne after his father.  He was born on the Summer’s solstice and was marked as man destined for greatest by a eagle shaped birth mark on his back.  He was raised in solitude till he turned thirteen, when he began to walk amongst the people and speak with them.  The citizens already dubbed their prince, “The Common Man’s King in waiting.”  He has been trained in fire bending since the day he turned seven as well as other martial arts.  His time in the kingdom built a strong and heavily intellectual mind, but he has grown to hate the confines of the palace and wishes to be away from them.  He has been punished numerous times for running away to the country side for his own pleasure to escape the crushing feeling he gets inside of the palace.

Basic Personality: Kokessu is idealistic, but naïve and free-spirited.  He believes that all problems can be solved if you simply believe enough in yourself. He has a more humanistic approach to all things and sees people not God’s as the area to put faith into.  He has yet to be deflowered though his heart is full of lust, but despite this he is rather shy and speaks softly to woman.  He is easily downtrodden as well, when caught doing something wrong his spirits will fall and he requires encouragement to bring them back up.  Kokessu spends a majority of his time training with his mentor and the rest studying politics and war tactics, in what little leisure time he has, he enjoys playing Go and Shogi, though he is much better at the latter. His one major flaw is his fiery heart which can cause him to be impulsive and say things that are better left hidden.

Xanatos

I was thinking of playing the Air Princess, does anyone mind me playing a female?

Xiddeus

I PMd Lady Ayame earlier, about the Fire King slot.  And I have no problems, anyone else?
For want of something better to say... sometimes nothing is best.

ONs and OFFS
Plot ideas
Apologies & Absences
The Oath!

Kimiko

Name: Princess Rozafa Qwon
Nicknames: Roza, Roze
Role: The Earth Princess of the Qwon dynasty.
Appearance: Roza is a tall, slender woman, equipped with caramel colored skin and piercing blue eyes. Despite her willowy features, Roza is no pushover when it comes to combat, separating her from the majority of her brothers and sisters, who were content to laze around the palace when younger. She sports long, earthy brown hair, which hangs down her back easily, with no particular style. A set of cropped bangs curtain her forehead, framing her oval face neatly. Everything about Roza’s face spells out how stubborn of a woman she is: her black mascara, which flares out from the tips, and her lips, which always seem pursued, as if she is intently thinking about something or another. Despite her beauty, she is not one to be taken lightly.

History: The Earth Princess has been training for battle since she was able to walk and run. Her parents have been closely monitoring her athletic ability, and started with encouraging her to go out and play with her servants, who would do anything for her. Roza was particularly fond of Earth Soccer, and annihilated her servants on the field, even the best players the palace could rummage up. From that they on, Roza has always been fighting. She took a serious interest in her Kingdom’s wellbeing at ages where she should’ve been focusing on her studies, or worried about finding herself a prince… She was next in line to be the Earth Queen, mainly because of her intelligence when it came to politics and her ability to inspire the Earth Kingdom armies to fight harder and stronger during the war. Because of this, the Earth Kingdom was the last Kingdom to fall to the Fire King, and despite everything, Roza is proud of this bittersweet fact.

Basic Personality: Princess Roza is an incredibly headstrong girl, who doesn’t take no for an answer. As princess, she has always believed that she knows what is right and best for those around her, and doesn’t like when other people try to interfere with her judgment. Not to mention, Roza is incredibly stubborn; the worst thing for her is butting heads with someone who is just as stubborn, it never goes over very well… The princess also is extremely compassionate: despite everything, she hates to see someone else suffer, and does everything in her power to right an unjust wrong.

-------
Just jumping in here as the Earth Princess...
And I have no problems with it either~!

Xanatos

Ayame, do the people of the elements have any control over their elemental type? Can Air elementals fly, can fire control fire, etc?

Cardwolf

Lady Ayame

Yes, my water princess has mild water powers. Please keep in mind your character's age and background and know that not everybody will be a master of their particular sort of magic, my princess is still learning.

from those of you who have not posted a character sheet yet, I won't be able to evaluate how well we will all fit together without a profile :) please fill one out.

Lady Ayame

Xanatos, I have no problems with you playing a female :)

Kimiko, I'm sorry but Shihong PM'd me a very impressive profile for his earth princess (not that yours wasn't good! it was very much so!) and he did it also before you. so if you could change your profile to fit the air princess that would be ideal.

I will choose the first acceptable profile that is posted on this thread for the air princess. we still need a Fire King and maybe other characters.

Crovonovin

Name: Princess Xin Li Guo'er
Role: The Earth Princess
Appearance: For those accustomed to the dark skin and hardy nature of those hailing from the deepest reaches of the Earth Kingdom, it is a matter of some discussion as to how the ugly, battle scarred King managed to produce such a vision of loveliness.  To look upon Princess Xin is to peer into the face of the unreal.  The woman looks to have been formed from ivory poured into a mold crafted from the gods themselves, skin untouched by the world and the stars overhead and accentuated with ceremonial markings.  The silken hair that cascades from the crown of her head is at once golden and as white as the snow coating the high peaks of her domain.  But her eyes are not those of a porcelain doll, and shine like rubies cast into the flames of the sun.

Hers is not the garb of a treasured princess, but that of a warrior.  Cast in the powerful, exquisitely forged armour of her people, it is little wonder that she has been granted the title, "The Iron Maiden".  But it too is as beautiful as it is fierce, a true work of art honed by masterful hands and blessed by countless monks and honoured warriors before finding its way into her hands.  And while no warrior would be complete without a weapon, the Princess has dedicated herself to the art of improvisation.  Though she wields a blade of the utmost quality, her habit of collecting and carrying the weapons of her enemies is a well known trait.

History:

The first and only child of King Xin, born during a Red Tide and into the blood of her dying mother, the Princess was never treated as a delicate feminine flower.  Rather than take another wife or cast the young babe aside in a fit of grief, the King took it upon himself to raise the girl into a true ruler of men, a warrior that would prove a worthy successor to his throne.  From the moment she could read she was taught the art of war, and from the moment she could hold a sword the girl was trained in the ways of combat.  Though his people professed uncertainty regarding the capabilities of such a beautiful jewel of a girl, Princess Xi soon blossomed into a fierce young warrior worthy of respect. 

When the war began, the King did not hesitate in allowing his own child to participate in the defense of the Kingdom.  Though even a man as grizzled and strong as he feared for the life of his daughter, he knew in his heart that the only way to keep her from battle would be to chain her beneath the Earth itself.  Somehow, the idea of imprisonment seemed the worse alternative to a glorious death in battle.  Though untested in a true war, Princess Xi adapted spectacularly, cutting a swath through the ranks of the Fire Nation and reveling in the bloodshed.  To see such a gorgeous woman dancing amongst the carnage was to see a Goddess of the Blade, and her appearance on a battlefield soon turned the tide against the invading forces.

But mighty as she was, the Princess was still only one woman, with only a single blade.  It was not enough to win the war, and after many seasons the Fire Nation had succeeded in its conquest of the globe.  Upon the defeat of the Earth Kingdom she publicly pronounced her father a coward, suggesting that he take his own life to make up for the shame of losing their sovereignty.  The King refused, and laboriously brought himself to say that she was not yet ready to take over his responsibilities.  She promptly retorted by saying that an Enslaved King has no responsibilities, and fled the captured city while evading the Fire Nation forces occupying it.

For the past ten years the Warrior Princess has wandered the Earth Kingdom in the company of several loyal attendants, eager to continue the slaughter of the Invaders throughout the countryside whenever and wherever she could.  The Princess became a fugitive and a criminal, but no matter what claims were brought to his attention the King would not denounce or disown her.  Only now that the call for the Princesses of the three conquered nations had been sent out was a sizable enough force of soldiers sent out to find and capture the woman, who had taken to hiding amongst the hills and attacking in the night like a demon.  Though the casualties were high, the fabled Iron Maiden was brought back to the Fire Nation in chains and disarmed, though her armor refused to budge from her flesh.

Basic Personality:

Princess Xi is unruly, temperamental, and every bit as dangerous as her history suggests.  She abhors weakness, most of all the weakness of her father and the other nations now brought low beneath the might of her captors.  In her rare moments of composure she still has a habit of being notoriously raucous and crude, lacking in the social graces or tact of a traditional woman, particularly when it comes to drinking.  To her friends she displays a fierce protectiveness, to her enemies a venomous tongue.  Those privileged to hear her laugh genuinely are those she would trust with her life, but in these dark times it is rare for the Princess to crack anything more than a mirthless smile.

Xiddeus

Name: King Sokuri Arc Sojin the Redeemer

Role: Fire King of the Fire Nation

Appearance:Sokuri has no distinguishing marks except for a tattoo running the length of his back and legs out to his arms, signifying his mastery of Lightning.  He is a little on the shorter side being just under average height.  He wears his hair in a traditional topknot.  His goatee is closely trimmed and sports a soul patch above it.  He trains rigorously everyday to keep his slight frame in top form, coughing in secret afterwards.  Due to his sickly upbringing and birth he is paler than most Fire Nation people, but this does not deter him from making his appearances.

Basic Personality:Sokuri is demanding and domineering to the point of breaking people in all things.  Things will be done in the traditional way perfectlyand to the letter.  This is his way of making history see him as a strong king like his ancestors.  He demands perfection especially from his son, both out of a desire for him to be stronger, and for his own image as well.  His demeanor is hard and coldly calculating for a Fire Nation King, but he strikes with the full fury of the Sun when it is needed.  He has heard of the whispers in the night and has since become slightly paranoid.  The slightest transgression remet without force, but with cold revenge.  Lightning nevers strikes twice... because he never needs to.

History: Sokuri will forever be known as the Cold Flame.  He has planned his entire life, even his ascencion to the throne.  He wants to be known as a strong king in order to overshadow his birth at the winter solstice, the failings of a shortsighted and drunken father, whom thought nothing of order and planning.  He was scorned by his father, yet his mother could bear no more children, even his concubines could not.  It was forseen by The Great Oraki the Oracle that this would be the end of the Fire Nation.  As he grew older he made a pilgrimage to the Great Oracle, there he learned the secrets of Lightning.  He slew the Great Oraki with his own technique and proclaimed himself the Redeemer of the Fire Nation.  He returned home and stabbed his father through the heart with the sword he recieved at his 10th birthday.  At the young age of 17 he announced himself Fire King and wed the daughter of the richest family in the land in order to cement his power. Having been born weak, he planned the pregnancy so that his son's birth would land upon the summer solstice, making from day one a power to be reckoned with.  He sent for the greatest benders in his land to come and train his son to be the ultimate warrior, all the while practising his lightning arts in secret, away from prying eyes and skulking spies. His love for his son, though twisted and cold, is still pure.  He desires only what is best in order to be seen as different from his father, though his hate is still an ember in the ashes, merely waiting for a bit of kindling.

ONs and OFFS
Plot ideas
Apologies & Absences
The Oath!

Cardwolf

Hey Xiddeus....if the Prince is 23....shouldn't Sokuri be...older?

Xiddeus

Whoopsie, Wasn't even looking at that now was I?   ::)  Fixed. ;D

ONs and OFFS
Plot ideas
Apologies & Absences
The Oath!

Lady Ayame

We are still waiting on a profile for an air princess, and then we can be good to go.

Xanatos

I will try and get my app up after my last class today, sorry for the wait.

Lady Ayame

Xanatos, I just realized with Shihong playing the earth princess, there will be only one female in the entire roleplaying group if you take the air princess role.

I am totally fine with this,
but I just want to make sure that it's fine with all the others, I want everybody to have fun and be comfortable after all :)

Or you may even make a character of your own to throw into the mix,
it's up to you, and the group.

Cardwolf

I would like to see another female join us here, but I'm fine with the groups decision I have no problem either way

Xanatos

Well, what character would I make? I also prefer playing females as I like RPing things I am not, thus females aptly qualifies. If you want more real females I am not offended, though, this does look like a good idea to miss out on.

Lady Ayame

Tons of characters that could possibly qualify, a sister of the fire prince, an assassin targeting the fire king? there are virtually endless possibilities.

Kimiko

Quote from: Lady Ayame on March 31, 2010, 05:45:02 AM
Kimiko, I'm sorry but Shihong PM'd me a very impressive profile for his earth princess (not that yours wasn't good! it was very much so!) and he did it also before you. so if you could change your profile to fit the air princess that would be ideal.

I will choose the first acceptable profile that is posted on this thread for the air princess. we still need a Fire King and maybe other characters.

Ah, that's fine! I seem to have been too slow, haha.
If it's okay, I'll just back out of the roleplay quietly. I'm not competitive enough to try and snag the Air Princess slot before anyone else, so I think it's best for me this way. ^^;

Xanatos

Name: Synfindel Sathyn
Role: Air Princess of the Kingdom of Sathyn'sathia
Appearance:

Synfindel's skin is a dark metallic purple with shimmering flashes of what looks like lightning that run across her skin periodically as if she was constantly charged with electrical energy. Her eyes constantly flash as if a lightning storm raged deep her in almost black eyes. Her hair shines a charged silvery yellow like lightning and looks almost crystalline but is still soft; however when ruffled in the wind it becomes “hard” as if like crystal but when calm and having a hand or comb run through it, her hair is smooth and parts like normal hair.

The princess possesses a tight fit body, able to perform acrobatic feats unlike most others, able to use the natural or created wind to aid her greatly and make her movements seem almost unnaturally fluid almost as if she was air itself. Her womanly features are impressive but are not overly large yet still quite appealing to any male who beholds her.

Basic Personality: Synfindel is a calm spirited woman by nature and is not easily angered but can be easily annoyed. She has emotions like you would expect from a woman, sometimes easily offended, other times overly emotional in certain circumstances, however, she retains a nominal control over her emotions through training and a natural ability to control herself in all areas of her being. There is spunk beneath the calm and it shows at times, manifesting itself in some mischief among other things, though mischief is rare among these qualities.

She tends to be staid more than blanching under stress but she is untested in many things, sexual chief among them and as of yet has no idea how she would react in such a situation. In the realm of war she had some first hand experience but was kept back by her father for he feared greatly for her safety, only grudgingly allowing her to accompany his finest men into a minor skirmish.

Synfindel is not weak nor a fool but she is not yet fully matured and experienced in all the ways of life. At times she seems quite immature while at other times she seems almost too mature for her age. There is much to her and yet so little.

Among some talents, dancing chief among them she is able to sing quite well her voice haunting and caring a quality of the air itself. She often sings as she dances, whirling and brandishing her beloved sword to and fro as her dance sways seemingly of its own accord.

History: When the war erupted, Synfindel was still learning the ways of the sword dance, an art practiced by most but an art mastered only by the military, the king, and his progeny. It was still a far away occurrence upon arrival that the Fire nation sought dominance over the others. It was unclear if every nation was out for itself or if the Fire initiated this war to weaken the others so it could then come in and gain control; either way, Synfindel dutifully continued to become the princess her father wished her to be while thinking little of the war.

When news came of the troubles her people had in the fight she became more and more interested and desired to help. Her father would have nothing of it but as time passed was forced to relent, fearing she would disobey him and run off; so instead he did the best he could, sending his best men as her escort into a zone known to be contested lightly by the Fire lord. This was where she honed her fighting and acrobatics to its current state, by no means mastery but of fine quality and skill never the less, comparable to some of her fathers best men.

The horror of war, however, was not something she had expected and despite her prowess with a blade increasing, her taste for war died the moment she killed her first opponent and the gore and blood she saw would scar her. It was not debilitating, nor horrific but it left her lacking a little of her previous spark. She still was a bright happy woman but her innocence, her belief in a bright world, was dead. Now, she fit in with her fathers soldiers just a little bit better unlike before as she had when she first rode out with a smile on her face to confront her enemies.

After the war had ended she had thought her life would return to a semblance of normalcy, albeit under the rule of the Fire lord now. Little did she know that the Fire King desired the daughters of those he conquered. This news struck a huge blow to her, leaving her speechless and despondent for many hours as she battled with herself to reconcile this fate. After a mental battle she managed to compose herself enough to not seem like a fear stricken child faced with mortal peril and handed her most cherished sword to her father for safe keeping. Perhaps someday she could dance with it in her grasp once more, letting the wind carry her along.

Crovonovin

Great bio, Xanatos!  I just have one thing eating at me...  If the war ended ten years ago, and Synfindel is currently 22, that means she would have been fighting at the age of 12, amongst soldiers?  It seems a bit...difficult to swallow, if you understand my meaning.