When Words Aren't Enough.

Started by Rhedyn, February 16, 2011, 04:09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhedyn

Before you say anything I know that this first post is not wordless but I thought it would be a good idea to just explain what this thread is about before I start doing it properly for those who aren’t familiar with it. In the blogging sphere Wordless Wednesdays are days where you just post a picture to put across a point/idea/feeling or such, generally without explaining why…you let the picture speak for itself. We’ve all heard the phrase a picture speaks a thousand words and I guess that sums up the premise of Wordless Wednesdays quite nicely.

Now I’m not new to blogging, but I’ve never actually done a Wordless Wednesday before so thought I would start doing one here. As an artist I am a very visual person and I’m hoping to post a range of pictures for different reasons. They may be inspirational, something current affairs based, something that has affected me in some profound or not so profound way…I don’t know, I guess it just depends on the week I’m having and what I’ve been experiencing.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy it and get something from the pictures. Comments, ideas and pictures in response to what I post are welcome even though I won’t be explaining my choice of picture when it is posted.

Just to note - if I know where the picture originated from I will link to it underneath the image to give credit to where it has come from.

EDIT 02/09/2011: I have changed this to a general picture blog following the same premise, mainly because I keep forgetting to post on a Wednesday specifically and often find pictures throughout the week that I want to share when I find them.

Rhedyn

Rhedyn

Rhedyn

Rhedyn

Rhedyn

Rhedyn

Picture sourced from here

Rhedyn

From here

Rhedyn

Found here

Rhedyn

Rhedyn

Rhedyn

Rhedyn

Rhedyn

Rhedyn

Found here

Rhedyn

Rhedyn

(this is the one I was meant to post last week)

Rhedyn

Rhedyn

Rhedyn

Rhedyn

Because I was away on Wednesday:

Rhedyn

Just pretend I posted it yesterday for the couple of weeks I was gone  ;)

Rhedyn

Rhedyn

Rhedyn