Teen Titans: Rivalry (Intrest check)

Started by DigitLninja, December 21, 2010, 06:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitLninja

I tried this once before but I think this time I have my stuff together so it may actually get off the ground, here is the general idea of the game:

South City was plagued with villeins and criminals of all shapes, sizes, and members to the point that good people began avoiding the place. Everything was going down the drain when a request for a super hero team to be placed in the area went out over the wires and before long the mayor received a response over Facebook that two Teen Titan factions where quite interested in helping out the town.

In the Mayor's excitement to see the city he loved returned to it's former glory he informed them that both factions would be welcomed into the town and they gladly accepted the terms and began construction of Titan Towers, one on the east side and one on the west side.

Before long South City began to see the results of having two super hero factions placed within the city limits and once again people began to flock back to the City with 'smiling faces and open wallets' according to the Mayor. Unfortunately that's when the problems began, an unspoken rivalry between the Titan Factions had begun to surface and before long criminals began escaping to fight another day due to a member from each team fighting each other instead of catching the crook. Before long each Titan team was spying on the other in hopes of intercepting a call for help and earning enough brownie points to push the other tower out. It was getting ridiculous but at this point there was nothing the Mayor could do simply because they where still getting the job done, but it was inevitable that something bad would happen and change the whole dynamic for the worse.

I have decided that I want to use BESM 3rd edition for this game, I need people to play members of the Titans and at least two people to play npc's and criminals.

I have considered having each faction of the Titans having one of the original Titans as a founder, but I wanted you opinion on that first.

Update

Quote from: DigitLninja on December 28, 2010, 06:48:35 AM
The Character Thread is up, sorry for the delay. ^_^

The OOC is also up and running Please read the OOC before you post your characters!

For those of you who are interested, we still have plenty of room for this game.

I may need some more villeins, we have a faction of criminals but I would like a second one.

The IC thread is now up and running so... Titans GO!
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

BlueEyedBard

Hello, color me interested, and I have a bad-ass villain that would be great for moving into the city and forcing the two teams to either put aside their rivalry and fight together or quarrel until the whole place is burnt to the ground.
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

blackstar

Hey, I've got a potential titan I could play ^^. But, this would be my first time on a system based game. However, I'm a quick learn if someone's willing to teach.
"You don't understand anything, do you?! The most important thing isn't power, it isn't courage, it isn't even having friends! The only thing that matters is that you can rely on ME."

lorcan

Hmm i have a potential Villian i could play may i pm you more about my idea Digit.

DigitLninja

@ Blackstar: I recommend you find the BESM 3rd edition book somewhere... it's not in stores.

@ Lorcan: feel free to pm me the character but remember you would have to volunteer to play various NPC's and villeins if you wish to play him.
Quotes to Live by:

lorcan

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

Dingo

This actually piques my interest for two reason. The first is in BESM 3rd I have been the storyteller several times, but never the player. And it's superheroes.

As for originals as founders. Could work, but I'd think they did kinda move on to 'bigger' things.

Considering where this was posted I do have a question. How much 'erotic' do you see happening ?

DigitLninja

well I want at least one couple that is made up of a Titan from both factions making for complications. I want sexual content to be welcomed into the game but I know that it can be disruptive so I may toss up a privacy thread or something along those lines.
Quotes to Live by:

Muse

This soudns fun.  Let me see if  I still have the time... 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

DigitLninja

sweet... now we just need a few females ^^
Quotes to Live by:

avorae

Well if you don't mind a male playing a female i could come up with something.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

BlueEyedBard

Do you have a character template or should we just do up our own?
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

DigitLninja

I have a character template that generally matches the char sheets for BESM I'll post up the Character thread today and post a link here.
Quotes to Live by:

Dingo

Considering my usual strategy of creating character for system games begins with a rough sketch (in system numbers) in tandem with a rough background, would you be so kind as to provide the values and house rules you're thinking about ?

KikuLei

Would you mind a custom super-heroine who uses her body as a shooting projectile? Simular to Cammy from the Street Fighter series?

DigitLninja

It's up to you... I'm technically planing a game based character myself.
Quotes to Live by:

Mhina

I'd be interested in playing, although I don't have a lot of experience with system games.

DigitLninja

That's alright you are welcome to play though I recommend finding the book before we start.

the delays of Christmas are over so the Character thread will be up sometime today.
Quotes to Live by:

Mhina

Could you tell me where I could find the book? Also, this might be answered by reading the book, but how are we making characters?

avorae

Quote from: DigitLninja on December 25, 2010, 08:04:45 PM
It's up to you... I'm technically planing a game based character myself.

I am kind of leaning toward a character that was a big fan of batgirl (the Cassadra Cain/Wayne version)and is trying to follow in her footsteps.

Quote from: Mhina on December 26, 2010, 01:38:12 PM
Could you tell me where I could find the book? Also, this might be answered by reading the book, but how are we making characters?

Without breaking the TOS regulations of the site the best i can tell you is to do a search on the web and see what turns up.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

KikuLei

I've got a character and profile ready so.. tell me when to post it.

Mhina

I'm gonna wait for a few people to post characters so I can get an idea of what to do here.

DigitLninja

The Character Thread is up, sorry for the delay. ^_^

The OOC is also up and running Please read the OOC before you post your characters!
Quotes to Live by: