Adventures in Talamah (Fantasy Survival RPG - Seeking 1 Female)

Started by MagicalPen, December 10, 2015, 01:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicalPen

Adventures in Talamah: The Western Lands

Three Centuries after the Dark Age, Talamah has returned to normal.

Vast Cities have arisen, trade flourishes, and Kingdoms maintain the peace. Orcs and Elves have been pushed back, deeper into the interior lands of Talamah. Bandits still prey upon the weak, but travel is generally safe. With Peace, time and money turns to the arts, to philosophy, to science and religion, and to exploration.

Ribenheim is vast, its frontiers wrought with dangers. Tribes of Orcs linger in the East and North, while Orcs and Elves plague the South East. The Legion patrol the roads and cities, keeping crime to an all time low.

The Mad King rules Ribenheim - so called ever since his Heir and Son disappeared to the West. Rumors have long flourished of lands to the West - not the edge of the world, as many believe. The Kings Son was one of these and commissioned a flotilla to find these lands. With every year that passes, the King sinks deeper into madness, influenced by those who whisper in his ear.

It has been 5 years and the Mad King is starting to lose control. He has assembled a party of adventurers and sailors along with five ships to travel to the West, to find his son, to bring him home.

Is this the adventure of a lifetime, or the Mad Kings Folly?

Our story starts 4 months into this voyage to the West.

Of the 5 original ships, only 3 remain - the two missing disappeared during a storm and their fate is unknown. The surviving ships have just made sightings of landfall - whether they have discovered new lands or circled the world no one knows for sure.

What fate awaits the survivors?

What will they find in these new lands?

Is there any hope of making it back East, to Ribenheim?

There is greater flexibility for characters this go around. Because of the greater flexibility, I am not going to make a list of character types needed. You are all smart enough to figure out the types of characters who would hop on a boat and sail off into the sunset! The Arty Style remains the same:

Character Image Type Desired:
Pathfinder Art
Kings of the Realm Art

Currently Seeking a co-GM, someone comfortable with writing female roles Found!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

MagicalPen

The Kingdom of Ribenheim is a diverse place, with people of many different cultures and backgrounds within its borders.

Humans make up the vast majority of the population. Half-breeds are slowly being bred-out while in many areas being an Elf is grounds for being killed. The Capital of Ribenheim is the place you are most likely to find Humans, Elves, Half-breeds and Dwarves.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

MagicalPen

Magic

Magic has made a comeback since the Dark Age. While the fabled Battle Mages from before the Dark Age are steeped even more in mystery, magic is a lot more common, albeit mostly unknown.

About half of the population of Talamah is touched by Magic. In most, it manifests itself in small ways - a blacksmith who makes the finest weapons and armor with the most intricate of details, a carpenter able to shape wood into whatever shape he desires, a Fletcher whose every arrow flies true, a baker who makes perfect bread, some one who can sense when a person is telling a lie, a farmer who can calm even the most startled of animals, etc.

Only in a select few does it take on a stronger roll - the city of Draiocht is known as the City of Mages as it exists (on an Island) as an Academy for those with Magic. It teaches them to harness and control their powers and to expand upon their abilities. The most common types of Mages still remains the Healers and every man that can afford to hire one does - from Dukes to Kings. Then there are the Mages who have an affinity for one of the Elements. Others yet are able to cast Illusions or Dispell magic - the latter of more use then one would think, with remnants from the Dark Ages still prowling the lands.

It is estimated that of those touched by Magic, only about 300 qualify as a Mage, most of which are located on the Island of Draiocht.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

MagicalPen

Characters:

Connor O'Fearghail
Name:
Profession:

Background and Personality:

Major Skills:
Minor Skills:
Flaws and Weaknesses:

Additional Information:

Reason for being on this Adventure:

Marcus Filius Comitis
Name:
Profession:

Background and Personality:

Major Skills:
Minor Skills:
Flaws and Weaknesses:

Additional Information:

Reason for being on this Adventure:

Character Sheet:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Race: [/b]
[b]Profession:[/b]

[b]Background and Personality:[/b]

[b]Major Skills:[/b]
[b]Minor Skills: [/b]
[b]Flaws and Weaknesses[/b]:

[b]Additional Information:[/b]

[b]Reason for being on this Adventure:[/b]

Roles:

Party Leader - Connor O'Fearghail ~ MagicalPen
Scribe - Marcus Filius Comitis ~ MagicalPen
Ships Officer - Rogier ~ IrishWolf
Merc. Marine - Zaleh ~ Ixy
Hunter/Ranger - Milenia ~ Zhu Que

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

MagicalPen

The World of Talamah: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=194228.0

That is my World Building thread. Information, like country names etc, can be found there.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Ixy

I'm very surprised and disappointed to hear that, but I respect your decision.  Good luck--

Roen

Well, your most recent post in Swords&Sorcery hinted that this might be open for recruitment once more. I'm certainly interested in getting into a classic fantasy story, assuming we are talking about freeform.
Been a while since I had a good fantasy group game :P

I'll be interested in the part of a human mage.
A young one, preferably.
With my mages I like to start small, I enjoy having my magic users go through a learning process while playing.
I also like to have a meaningful learning, honing and empowerment curve to happen throughout the plot, with phases of steep improvement caused by plot related and external factors (turn of events, deliberate influence of a third party). It should eventually trigger moral conflicts of right and wrong, enlightenment versus corruption. A sort of a side-journey within the greater journey, from an enthusiastic apprentice to a considerably gifted mage.

That requires the plot not to revolve around my character, but to... Err... Acknowledge its existence, and weave its story into the main one. In no way overshadowing or stealing the focus of the main story.

Are you interested in a character like that?

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

Ixy

If this does reopen, I have submitted a couple characters I'd like to play, but I respect that this might be an opportunity for other players who couldn't make the first Talamah game you advertised.

Zhu Que

If this is open for recruitment, I am totally interested. I'm definitely up for playing a healer or muse type character.

MagicalPen

Updating this thread. Make sure you click the link in this message: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=240987.msg11887539#msg11887539  It will help greatly with character creation!

This game will be a GO! Those that have expressed interest will shortly find a character creation sheet in post above. PLEASE PM ALL CHARACTER SHEETS TO ME! Do not post them in this thread!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Roen

Hi, I don't want to be rude, but I'm kinda still waiting for an answer to the question I asked above... :-X

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

MagicalPen

I am not quite sure what you are asking? All personal development is up to you/your character. I will be both partaking in the game and running it from the GM perspective - causing things to happen, etc. You can make of my game whatever you would like. Every action has a reaction sort of thing.

Also - an OOC Thread. Please DO NOT POST in it until further notice. Will be adding accepted characters there. https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=242115.0

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

MagicalPen

Looks like this will be a nice small group. Still accepting characters at this stage. Plan on working on mine tomorrow when I am feeling a little better.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Zhu Que

Ixy

Awesome :)  I echo Zhu Que's sentiments and hope you feel better soon.

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

IrishWolf

Ixy

MagicalPen

Currently seeking 1 more female character to balance the odds.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Kythia

You mention a list of desired roles - not sure if I'm just going blind but I can't see it.

MagicalPen

I have not updated the list of taken roles. Let me do so now. There is much flexibility in what role your character takes if you're interested.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

IrishWolf

I think you put the wrong person down, for who is playing Rogier

Zhu Que

Excited to see this get started. Hope we find another female soon. ^_^

Kythia