News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Trying to delete empty PM labels?

Started by Bloodied Porcelain, April 25, 2014, 07:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodied Porcelain

Hi guys. I'm trying to delete some old labels I don't use anymore after cleaning out my PMs but I keep getting Error 504s. Is this a known issue? Anything I can do to fix it?
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Vekseid

Don't delete labels. They are horrifically implemented.

I may make a "PM reset" script for people to fix and reset their labels completely, but understand it would have to be a complete wipe of all labels.

Inkidu

Quote from: Vekseid on April 25, 2014, 07:43:01 PM
Don't delete labels. They are horrifically implemented.

I may make a "PM reset" script for people to fix and reset their labels completely, but understand it would have to be a complete wipe of all labels.
I can't do it. I thought I'd try just to see what was what, and yeah, it gets stuck on "Waiting for elliquiy.com".
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Vekseid

Quote from: Inkidu on April 25, 2014, 07:46:06 PM
I can't do it. I thought I'd try just to see what was what, and yeah, it gets stuck on "Waiting for elliquiy.com".

It simply cannot be made to work for anyone who has any meaningful number of PMs, the way the software currently handles them. It's trying to renumber all labels beneath it.

You can sortof do it if you delete the last label, and move on up - but that's tedious and one at a time. Better to just rename and repurpose them.

Derick

I have the 'non deletable label' syndrome also except in my case, I have deleted all the labels, all the contents of my inbox and it still says I have 11 messages - one of which is new ! 
"Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing." - Anais Nin

My O/O - Story Ideas - F List