News:

Main Menu

I love House!

Started by Inkidu, September 28, 2008, 08:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathim

If it's not a comedy then I think I'll pass on it. Laurie belongs in comedy; that's where he shines brightest as far as I'm concerned. Some of his sarcasm I saw in the commercials was just so unlike him, I didn't even recognize him at first. I don't think I WANT to recognize him.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Kalen

Suit yourself.  If you close your mind before trying things, you'll miss out on a lot of the best things in life.

Life is change.  It does not hold still.  When we try to force it to hold still, and force everything into our own neat little definitions of how things should be, we only hurt ourselves.

Caeli

I didn't watch House much before this summer, but then I started watching reruns on USA network.

Totally hilarious.

It's great when your protagonist isn't a paragon of virtue. And while a lot of it is very dramatized and sensational, I personally think all the elements work together very well. I'd actually like to watch more of House, but in order, starting from Season 1 and working my way up to what they're airing now. :)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Lithos

I have only seen first couple episodes so far, but seems to be series just for me. Humor on that is spot on for my taste :p
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Caity

Quote from: Kalen on October 03, 2008, 05:43:04 PM
Suit yourself.  If you close your mind before trying things, you'll miss out on a lot of the best things in life.

Life is change.  It does not hold still.  When we try to force it to hold still, and force everything into our own neat little definitions of how things should be, we only hurt ourselves.

A little deep for a tv show discussion don't you think?  :p

And House is VERY funny.  If you like a dark, sarcastic sense of humor.  Seasons 1 and 2 were the best, 1 being better than 2.  I'm trying to remember when the team changed, 3 and 4 blend together for me. The season when he was doing the 'reality tv' thing and choosing the new team.. that was just painful to watch.  I hated that part of the show and it was a large chunk.  Season 5 has been better than 3 and 4 and I'm finally starting to get over missing Chase and Cameron.  :(

Inkidu

It's not like House doesn't care all the time. I remember the episode where Foreman got sick with some nasty little virus and House yelled at Wilson saying, "It's not your damn team with cancer now is it." or something to that effect.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Caity

And the episode with Mira Sorvino?  :p

Kalen

Quote from: Caity on October 06, 2008, 10:49:29 AM
And the episode with Mira Sorvino?  :p

That was SO awesome.

Inkidu

Quote from: Mathim on October 03, 2008, 04:39:01 PM
If it's not a comedy then I think I'll pass on it. Laurie belongs in comedy; that's where he shines brightest as far as I'm concerned. Some of his sarcasm I saw in the commercials was just so unlike him, I didn't even recognize him at first. I don't think I WANT to recognize him.
Yes and Jack Nicholson should always play a villain, Denis Hopper should always play... well Denis Hopper, and Robert Downy Jr. should always play the dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Caity

House was AWESOME tonight!   ;D

Inkidu

Quote from: Caity on October 14, 2008, 08:14:22 PM
House was AWESOME tonight!   ;D
I'm still playing catchup though.

DarkestStryke

*joins the House appreciation thread*

When I first heard about it, I wasn't sure it would do him justice.. but after watching the first 10 minutes of the first episode, I was hooked.. and have been ever since that point

Kalen

I realized early on that  House... was Holmes.  Wilson is Watson.  Vicodin is his cocaine... the piano instead of the violin.  The address only confirmed it. 

Yet another reason to love this show.

MusicNeverDies

Another way? In the episode where someone shoots House, he is credited as Moriarty.

Mellonlegolas

*tackles thread* I'm also a House fan! Can't wait to see what happens on Hughsday (formerly known as Tuesday)... wonder if they'll have him getting shot... again.
My ons and offs can be found here

MusicNeverDies

Quote from: Mellonlegolas on November 24, 2008, 07:58:28 PM
*tackles thread* I'm also a House fan! Can't wait to see what happens on Hughsday (formerly known as Tuesday)... wonder if they'll have him getting shot... again.
That is highly unlikely.

My guess? He'll down some Vicodin.

Mellonlegolas

Quote from: MusicNeverDies on November 24, 2008, 08:00:13 PM
That is highly unlikely.

My guess? He'll down some Vicodin.

My guess is that he'll down a TON of Vicodin.... and push the armed dying man as far as he can... *sighs* I love House.

Mellonlegolas

Quote from: RubySlippers on September 30, 2008, 05:02:58 PM
I don't like House its to fucking unrealistic. First this is a US non-teaching hospital so where did they ever get an in-hospital staff like that every hospital I have seen that is effectively for a profit outsources every doctor except in the ER. When I was in last time my doctor and everyone else worked out of the hospital but billed seperately out of their respective practices.

And where the hell are the bean counters asking if any of these people have insurance, breathing down Houses neck about getting uninsured people out and the social working having sick people fill out form after form to recoup some of their expesnes from all sorts of different parties etc. etc.

A TV show or not its not a realistic hospital at all and not at all enjoyable to watch at least for me.

Of course it's not perfectly realistic but I have to mention a few things:

It is a teaching hospital... Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital is the offical name.... and if you watch House when he's in the clinic you'll see that the nurse running the desk hands every patient a clip board to fill out before they get to see a doctor, taking insurance information and whatnot... plus it's a Walk-in Clinic so they would take on quite a few non-insured people.

And House has Cuddy breathing down his neck, everyone else is too scared of him...

Inkidu

Quote from: Mellonlegolas on November 24, 2008, 08:08:50 PM
Of course it's not perfectly realistic but I have to mention a few things:

Itis a teaching hospital... Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital is the offical name.... and if you watch House when he's in the clinic you'll see that the nurse running the desk hands every patient a clip board to fill out before they get to see a doctor, taking insurance information and whatnot... plus it's a Walk-in Clinic so they would take on quite a few non-insured people.

And House has Cuddy breathing down his neck, everyone else is too scared of him...
I think people don't get that it's highly abridged. It's focus is rather narrow. It's all about House, his team, Wilson, and Cuddy.

Mellonlegolas

Quote from: Inkidu on November 24, 2008, 08:12:54 PM
I think people don't get that it's highly abridged. It's focus is rather narrow. It's all about House, his team, Wilson, and Cuddy.

I'm glad its abridged... we've already lost so much screen time with House given the doubling of the cast with the new Ducklings... if we lost any more time with him I'd be mad... Hugh Laurie is the main reason I watch that show, his House is just spot on...

Inkidu

Quote from: Mellonlegolas on November 24, 2008, 08:15:03 PM
I'm glad its abridged... we've already lost so much screen time with House given the doubling of the cast with the new Ducklings... if we lost any more time with him I'd be mad... Hugh Laurie is the main reason I watch that show, his House is just spot on...
I like Kutner and the other guy, but Thirteen is just kind of, eh. I'm glad Foreman is still their he and House are as good as the House/Wilson dynamic. The episode, Birthmarks was awesome.

Mellonlegolas

Quote from: Inkidu on November 24, 2008, 10:39:48 PM
I like Kutner and the other guy, but Thirteen is just kind of, eh. I'm glad Foreman is still their he and House are as good as the House/Wilson dynamic. The episode, Birthmarks was awesome.

I do like Kutner and Taub and I think the character of Thirteen has a ton of potential (I mean the girl is dying) but the writing of her is a little flat and I still hold with the opinion that the show is called House and if I don't get my screentime with House it makes me sad.

I like Foreman, I call him Diet House cause he's kind of a jerk but not as bad and he's smart but not quite as smart. He's got spunk and keeps House on his toes, I like it.

And Birthmarks! Hoh boy... I think that is probably one of the best episodes of the series. House and Wilson for almost the full time, it was amazing. I loved that Wilson finally realized that he needs House as much as House needs him... Loved it.

Caity

What a great episode.

"I left my CT in my other pants."

:P

Jag

I love House. My job keeps me from seeing the new season, but I'll see it eventually. ^_^ But I use this site to keep up with what happened: http://www.politedissent.com/house_pd.html

It's a great review site for House written by a doctor. He's goes very indepth about the medicine and the (what he calls) Soap Opera of the episode. He's reviewed every episode of House to date. I love it. ^_^
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment