Delvers Company: Recruiting for Dungeon World High Fantasy Adventuring!

Started by Nastara, September 14, 2016, 08:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil Tanner

Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Nastara

Sorry, RL grabbed me a bit over Friday and Monday!  My weekends I tend to be a little bit slower anyway.

So, with these characters I'm considering very strongly the possibility of putting together a third team.  We had several people return to the 2nd game that I'd thought were out, so now I'm juggling a little bit!  I'm going to try to get info to you and figured out ASAP.

Buuuuut summary: If you were worried you had no chance to clinch one of the very few slots I was talking about previously, now there are more!  I'm not sure what that adventure will be, but I'll fill in as I figure things out!
Delvers Company: Origins (Starting Soon!)
Red Team OOC| Blue Team OOC| Worldbuilding

Chulanowa

Name: Sparrow

Race / Class: Halfling Druid

Sex / Gender: Female

Interested in: Though she's very open-minded (with the shapeshifting and all...) Sparrow has a preference for... "pretty." Female, futa, feminine men. She finds large, burly men to be rather intimidating.

Brief Description: You might almost mistake Sparrow for a very small elf; she's much more slender than the usual halfling, dressed in forest greens and browns, and wears a thick, long plait of honey-golden hair. She's definitely a halfling on second glance though; elves don't have freckles (no matter how light), they tend to preen the leaves and twigs from their hair, and, well, her chest and rear maintain a fair amount of the halfling softness one would expect. What really stands out about her are her eyes; they're clear, deep, and green, like a an ancient mossy pool.

Sparrow is much more comfortable in the wilderness than in cities; civilization and its people don't frighten her, but they can be terribly confusing.  Though she strives first for kindness, she has a capricious fey streak in her that can sometimes seem cruel to others - but you know, nature is often cruel to the eyes of civilization. She's familiar with the healing arts - herbs, poultices, crystals, massage, among others. She does not trust spells or their users, but will tolerate them so long as they behave. She will often take the form of some small, flitty animal like a sparrow, squirrel, or bat in order to satisfy her own curiosity about something. On certain occasions she can be found unclothed (she's never "naked"), wearing ritual paint and feathers, with her hair unbound and falling almost to the backs of her knees.

Sexually, Sparrow is naive, but not innocent; she did grew up in a halfling farming village after all, and is well aware of how everything works. She's never quite sure how to approach a humanoid partner for it though; the one time was another halfling lass who came after her, and that worked out just fine. Animals are much easier to udnerstand... and yes. Yes she has.

Familiarity With DW/D&D: Never done DW before, but am heavily familiar with all D&D editions... except 4th. Fuck 4th.

How Often Do You Elliquiy?: Can read daily, but am better with posts every few days, owing to vagaries of RL.

Nastara

Juuuuuuuust realized I missed like a dozen questions!

Sophie looks great, AnneReinard!  As for deities in Dungeon World, it's more or less built up on a case-by-case basis!  So we would likely end up building it up!

That said, as players introduce dieties into the game, they are then essentially canonical in the story overall!

Currently the deities and religious forces that have been brought into play are...

==The Ancient Andra Gods==
Reference has been made to ancient, partially forgotten gods by Sain for the character Phelypsis.  The Andra are a race of demon creatures.

==Harmony==
There are some (perhaps especially among the aquatic peoples) who don't worship gods per-say, but instead view the musical Harmony inherent in the world as powerful.

==Saint Ovara==
The bee goddess of civilization was created by Dhi for her character Olivia.

==The Webbed Goddess of the Drow==
Little has actually been established about this character, but she was referenced at once point.

I think that what you were talking about, AnneReinard looks VERY different from that!

And Chulanowa, thank you for submitting a character! Can't wait to see description for her!

I'm beginning to play with numbers and groups, but people should feel free to continue to submit!  It's definitely looking like I'm going to be starting up a third group preeeetty much immediately.

I view DC as being in 'Seasons' and currently Season 1 is drawing towards a close.  It only contained one primary group and one 1-to-1.  Season 2 will be three groups, which I'm quite excited about, and when that season ends, people can also potentially hop between groups.

AnneReinard

Hrm! I have to scheme up a faith that seems to fit Sophie then! I could certainly do something!

I'm guessing something with large overtones on redemption and faith and purity, probably with rather strict teachings for those who are within the faith. Probably some good level of moralizing on the topic of self-sacrifice and not giving into worldly pleasures too.
Ons and Offs

Always free for a little teasing back and forth. Or suggestions to titles to make this exhibitionist squirm! I adore silly little PMs.

Chulanowa

There we go, description updated. I know Druids are supposed to have a physical "tell" but I have no flipping idea what would work here. I kind of want her to be sporting a doe tail that nobody knows about until the pants come off. It beats a beak, for sure.

Chulanowa

Nastara

Nope!  You definitely didn't kill it!  My weekends tend to be like ridiculously busy and this week the work cranked up earlier than anticipated!

This recruitment is now for the 3rd Delvers Crew (woo!) and I'll either be choosing soon or waiting until after Bonds for group 2 are done, depending upon how things work out.

Either way, we're still open for people and I'll hopefully be able to get us running soon! :)

Tanken Sai

I was worried there for a second. Did my teifling warlock pass or should I make a different character.
May the goddess watch over you

Nastara

I got slowed down a bit here!

Tanken, be sure to put in some kind of a description of who they are!  Hard for me to judge mostly based upon just an image whether things would line up nicely!

GranoxFirewind

You still recruiting more people? I've got a puppet master I can bring in that I think would be fun...

Tanken Sai

Quote from: Nastara on September 29, 2016, 10:15:56 AM
I got slowed down a bit here!

Tanken, be sure to put in some kind of a description of who they are!  Hard for me to judge mostly based upon just an image whether things would line up nicely!
Okay I updated her a bit tell me if you need more. Sorry a bit busy with IRL.
May the goddess watch over you

Vergil Tanner

@Granox: Yes indeed, she's still recruiting! :D She just has busy weekends, so she's not around much on Saturday and Sunday. So if you whack up the concept in your head, she'll get back to you on Monday :-) Just fill out the template she provided, and don't worry about the stats and skills just yet. :-)
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

AmandaWho

Here's my character concept for a submission:

Name: Kandalier LaVey
Race/Class: Human Fighter
Sex/Gender: Female
Interested In: I'm interested in all kinds of things, anything and everything, really. I know that sounds like a cop-out answer, but it's the truth. I am often turned on by other people's kinks, because they're turned on.
Brief Description: Kandalier cut her combat teeth on the high seas, working first as a scullery maid, surviving a pirate attack where she killed her fair share with kitchen utensils, which put her on deck with the other boarding party crew, and she flourished from there. She's exhibited a natural inclination toward fighting, especially sword-play, and has honed her talents through schooling with a number of experts. She's not in it for the blood or the cause; Kandalier loves the excitement of adventure and the unknown. She has since moved off the water and onto land to explore darker, more dangerous warrens, and the peril makes her heart sing. She is dark haired, of medium height and solid build, and unexpectedly lithe in her graceful and quick movements. What she lacks in brute force she makes up for in swiftness of technique, capable of cutting down larger opponents in short order. She is quick with a quip, appreciates those who make her laugh, and is only interested in money to the extent that it can finance her carefree lifestyle long enough until her next big escapade.
Familiarity With DW/D&D: I am completely unfamiliar with DW, but I have deep familiarity with D&D (1-3 and 5th editions).
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: I Elliquiy daily.

GranoxFirewind

Name: Scirala Nevintar
Race/Class: Elvish Puppetmaster (I do indeed have PDF)
Sex/Gender: Female
Interested In: It's easier to find what I'm not interested in. Just about anything goes for on my character. Monsters, beasts, men, women, futa, and etc etc.
Brief Description: "Arrogance is an insidious killer, but what's a bit of confidence when you're on my level?"

Confident, boisterous, and a general presence, it's hard to miss Scirala when she strides into a room. A mane of fiery hair is often what people become acquainted with, matching her personality to a fault. Eager to charge forward, deal with the problem with the aid of whatever she's built most recently, and collect the rewards, Scirala has found herself in trouble more than a few times by not paying heed to her surroundings. She tries to do good, most of the time, but often excitement and a desire for reward gets in the way of a truly selfless act. Experienced and foolhardy, with an energetic streak that hasn't been quashed by failure and wisdom quite yet, she goes where she pleases, does what, and who, she pleases.
Familiarity With DW/D&D: I'm actually in a DW game atm, which is why this caught my eye in the first place. I've got some familiarity with D&D 3.5, pathfinder, and 4th ED.
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: Depends on my work schedule, but I can be on frequently enough to post as needed.

GranoxFirewind