Dark Heresy 2e Interest Check: A Galaxy Ablaze

Started by ShadowFox89, June 01, 2015, 04:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

This is an interest check for a Dark Heresy idea I'd been cooking up for a little bit. For now, just looking to see if I actually have people interested in playing in a game. Books available are both the core book and Enemy Within.

Edit: Character creation rules!

You have a choice, roll or take points. Roll is 2d10+25 (3d10 take highest/lowest two for a +/- stat), rerolling one roll. If the rolls don't add up to at least 100, you can take 100 points spread between the ten stats. Or save the time and take the 100pts right away.

No mechanics is needed right now, just some basic info (heading to bed, will be amended when I get the chance)

Name:
Home World:
Background: (not an actual background, but the one you pick for mechanical bonuses)
Role:
Diviniation: (roll for this, 1d100)

And now the fluff-intro!

The Calixis Sector is a powder keg. Between the Tyrant Star and the Spinward Front, it is a hotbed of unrest just waiting to collapse into darkness as the Jericho sector once did. While the Astra Militum fights with countless souls in countless battles across the Sector, it is the Inquisition who move in hushed shadows and strike with silent precision. It is their task to uncover the countless heresies that ravage the Sector, to go where the massed forces of the Imperium cannot.

So, the idea is something akin to NCIS: Imperium of Man. Not only investigating heretics, alien and daemonic corruption, and general incompetence but also fighting the enemies of the Imperium in small skirmishes leading up to massive battles.

For character creation, you have two choices. Standard rolling or 100pts, then adding 25 to each of the values. If you roll under 100pts, you can choose to simply take the 100pts.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

nailcrosser

I'd be interested. I've never played before, however, but I have the core book.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TheFourthShade

Praise the Emperor and pass me some shotgun shells.

Premier

Guancyto

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheFourthShade

Name:           Trixalla 'Trix' (no known last name, former street alias)
Home World: Hive World
Background: Adeptus Ministorum
Role:            (Unsure.  I'm willing to adjust based on needs of the party or my own random whims)
Divination:  Innocence is an illusion. (86)

At 2015-06-08 14:24:57, TheFourthShade (uid: 55451) rolls: 1d100 Result: 86

Pumpkin Seeds

ChaoticSky

Name: Kell Asuria
Homeworld: Shrine World
Background: Ministorum  (*Alt : Adepta Sororitas)
Role: Hierophant
Alt (basically the same char, but chaosy instead for the discerning radical inquisitor :P )
Homeworld: Feral World (*Alt: Feudal World)
Background: Mutant
Role: Fantatic
Elite: Psyker

Divination: Violence Solves Everything

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on June 09, 2015, 03:50:42 AM
Me!?

You?! It's a Pumpkin Seeds!

And a Darkling.

'ello Darkling. I figured you'd be sending in an app at some point :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ChaoticSky

Who me? Whatever would give you that idea?  ;D

ShadowFox89

The fact that every 40k RPG game attracts the same people every time :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Muse

Digging through my books for the right one now. 

I should refrence the second edition dark heresy core book.  Any other good books to refrence? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Premier

Name: Aracelis Pentti
Home World: Frontier World
Background: Adeptus Arbites
Role: Seeker
Divination: 74! I don't know what that is, don't have my book on me right now!

Roll Result: Premier rolled: 1d100
Comment: Divination
Result: 74

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Premier on June 10, 2015, 02:59:55 AM
Name: Aracelis Pentti
Home World: Frontier World
Background: Adeptus Arbites
Role: Seeker
Divination: 74! I don't know what that is, don't have my book on me right now!

Roll Result: Premier rolled: 1d100
Comment: Divination
Result: 74

72–75
Suffering is an unrelenting instructor.
Reduce this character's Toughness characteristic by 3. The first time that this character suffers any damage each session, he gains a +20 bonus to the next test he
makes before the end of his next turn.

Premier

ChaoticSky

I actually rather like it. Werid effect divinations are way better than stat ones imo. +20 is a pretty amazing bonus on a WS or dodge test. Good time to pull out those fancy moves.

Someone tags you, you get to hit them back. What more could a loyal servant of the Emperor ask?

TheFourthShade

The one that tags them without the reminder that injury hurts?

nailcrosser

Name: Lux Interius
Home World: Voidborn
Background: Astra Telepathica
Role: Mystic
Divination: 80 - Only in death does duty end.

Baalborn87

*jumps up and down* ooo ooo me me!

I'd like to express interest.
I've had a character in mind to play. But unfortunately, I'm the GM in my group.

Name: Skitarii unit 83-R7 nicknamed 'BERT'
Home World: FORGE WORLD
Background: Adeptus mechanicus (for the autogun and monotack servoskull)
Role: Warrior
Diviniation: The wise learn from the deaths of others possibly from inbuilt combat recordings?

ShadowFox89

Yay more people! More people is always good.

Baal, I'm actually in the middle of statting up Skitarii weapons from the tabletop to the RPG.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Baalborn87

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on June 14, 2015, 02:35:29 AM
Yay more people! More people is always good.

Baal, I'm actually in the middle of statting up Skitarii weapons from the tabletop to the RPG.

*gasps*

Have you checked out "sheild of humanity" the 2nd only war expansion, has rules in there for some mechanicus based characters (also 100% ogryn regiments)

ShadowFox89

That's actually the one book I don't have. First post updated with chargen and an intro of sorts into what the game is about.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ChaoticSky

The Lathe World book also has All the Stuff for new admech, more or less. More detailed than SoH too. Always wanted to make a proper electropriest.