Hogwarts; A Future presents ... The Junior Wizarding Academy

Started by Kendra, May 10, 2013, 04:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CurvyKitten

Snickers~ Ok, I shall give you a peek at what I have for her thus far and we can chat in pms about where she could fit in best.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: CurvyKitten on May 22, 2013, 08:42:28 PM
Snickers~ Ok, I shall give you a peek at what I have for her thus far and we can chat in pms about where she could fit in best.

You do not have me on IM?  -quirks brow-  This is unforgivable!  Lmao.  But yeah, shoot me a PM whenever, and we shall discuss.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

persephone325

Well I'm very interested, and have been for a few months since I saw the big game. But recruitment closed for that before I joined.

I was hesitant to express interest for a while because I'm more comfortable playing characters of Asian descent (as well as physical appearance), and one of the criteria of this game was for characters from the UK, Ireland and the like. She would, obviously, be a transfer. But I'm not one to do things without talking to a GM first.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

undisclosedtoyou

Persephone, why not make her both Asian and British?  The U.K, and London especially has a large Asian community, perhaps she could be second generation or something along those lines?  That way, she could still have been raised with her ethnic influences, while still following the guidelines set by the GM's?
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

TheRaven

Considering that Hong Kong was under U.K. control, it wouldn't be too far-fetched for a character to be Anglo-Asian. After all, we had Cho Chang in the books, and she didn't have any background family-wise. I wouldn't worry if you wanted to have a British character who happened to be of Asian descent.
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

persephone325

I didn't know that. :-)

But I would want her to look more along the lines of an Asian woman, so would that be something that would be possible?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

undisclosedtoyou

I'm sure that people will be fine with however you choose for her to look.  Of course I dunno what you have in mind, but if in question, PM'ing the awesome GM's is always cool.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

persephone325

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on May 22, 2013, 09:11:48 PM
I'm sure that people will be fine with however you choose for her to look.  Of course I dunno what you have in mind, but if in question, PM'ing the awesome GM's is always cool.

I was looking through the characters already created, and someone used Misa Campo as a character model. So that looks like good news for me. She's very Asian looking.

The only question I can think of now is, do I just PM my character sheet to the GMs? Or is there something else I need to do first? Just want to make sure I have all my bases covered.
I don't know.

Codexa

PMing both GM's your character sheet is always a good place to begin :)

undisclosedtoyou

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

persephone325

I don't know.

Codexa

persephone325

I don't know.

Kendra

by all means shoot us some questions persephone ... we aren't the nasty trolls that we make ourselves out to be ... well okay, Aiden is but I'm the nice one  ::)  ;D

We have a transfer student from Japan as it is, all we do ask is that if you are creating a transfer student you give a very good character concept and a plausible explanation as to why they transferred to the British Isles to live. ;)

persephone325

Quote from: Kendra on May 23, 2013, 07:42:53 AM
by all means shoot us some questions persephone ... we aren't the nasty trolls that we make ourselves out to be ... well okay, Aiden is but I'm the nice one  ::)  ;D

We have a transfer student from Japan as it is, all we do ask is that if you are creating a transfer student you give a very good character concept and a plausible explanation as to why they transferred to the British Isles to live. ;)

Gotcha. I really hope to be joining this game. ;D It looks like so much fun, and I can tell you put a LOT of time and effort into making it.
I don't know.

Kendra

oh we did, it's been fantastic all the way.

Of course we've had plenty of head-desk moments too xD
but the trip has been worth all the aaarggghhhh moments lol

we've a fantastic bunch of writers with amazing imaginations between them.
all very helpful and all one slice short of a pizza - it helps in our game ;)

really look forward to seeing your character concept - ask us any questions and pm your sheet on to us when you're ready  :-)

Loves

Quote from: persephone325 on May 23, 2013, 08:08:07 AM
Gotcha. I really hope to be joining this game. ;D It looks like so much fun, and I can tell you put a LOT of time and effort into making it.

it's a blast!

Quote from: Kendra on May 23, 2013, 08:44:44 AM
oh we did, it's been fantastic all the way.

Of course we've had plenty of head-desk moments too xD
but the trip has been worth all the aaarggghhhh moments lol

we've a fantastic bunch of writers with amazing imaginations between them.
all very helpful and all one slice short of a pizza - it helps in our game ;)

really look forward to seeing your character concept - ask us any questions and pm your sheet on to us when you're ready  :-)

<------------------ collects all the odd bits of pizza to make one full one   ::)
ON HIATUS AGAIN

undisclosedtoyou

-Stretches out and yawns-  Pizza? -quirks eyebrow-  Where? >.> <.< O.O
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

So, erm, am I approved? 

I saw that my guys on the wiki, but I'm not sure if that means he's been approved or not.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Amelita

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

undisclosedtoyou

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Flower

Ciosa

I believe I've been recruited.  I'm just trying to figure out where I need to be going and what I need to be doing, now.  *flails*

CurvyKitten

OK all working out the final details to my new girly and I need help with the mother side of the family. If there is anyone with a pureblood family they don't mind linking to her please pm me. I know Anne is a bit of an odd ball hehe. ANd details I have down for the mother can of course change a bit to make it work.

What I have so far for Anne

Character Creator:
Curvykitten

Name: Anneliese Runa Gabriella Archer
Nicknames: Anne Gabby, Snow,
Birthdate: April 1,
Birthplace:Elva, Estonia
Home town: Ottery St. Catchpole, England

Bloodstatus:Halfblood (((possibly pure blood if I can find a family for her))
School:JWA

Boggart:
Nothingness, when it's so dark you can't see your hand in front of your face. And there is now light, sound or even anyone to reach out to that can lead your way.

Standing in the rain....as long as she doesn't get wet
Gardening
Painting
Having fun with her friends
laughing
Old movies and old music, she thinks they just don't make them like they used to.
Leaning new things, though most of the time she'd rather discover it on one of her "adventures"
Tinkering Anne has a strange way of tinkering with broken things and either fixing them or finding some new purpose for them. Some how she just has this uncanny way of knowing what goes where or that not all things should be thrown away.
Riddles
A good story, not of them have to come from books you know.
Glomping
cartoons

Dislikes:

Mustard
cherries
People calling her stupid, well people making fun of someone in general
Being stuck in anyway, stuck indoors, stuck on a problem, stuck in a sticky gooey trap...what it happens
Being told something or someone is useless
overly perfumed people
Being board Which rarely happens with her, but when it does she HATES it.

Favorite color: Aquamarine
Favorite Food: Dirigible Plum
Favorite Season: I have to choose?
Favorite Hobby: I have to pick one, But I love to do so much.
Favorite Clothing: I wear all sorts of things from, vintage all the way to new age or just plan weird. But I can never leave home without the locket from my father.
Favorite school subject: With what we are being taught so far, Magical theory. I like to think that we haven't figure it all out just yet, and I still have a chance to expand on what could be. But I can't wait to get to Hogwarts and start working with magical creatures and plants!
Favorite Professor:Professor Jessica Crosswell she is an incredibly sweet lady and likes my quirkiness.

Family Pets:
Miniature pig named Hamlet ( which she insists is due to his love of Shakespeare)
A pair of Sugar gliders named Anthony & Cleopatra
A dissented skunk named Romeo
A dog with three legs named Tigger
And a blind cat named Thud ( Why would you name your cat, ~insert thud sound here~ It's ok he does it all the time, Hard head on that one.)

Appearance:
images to be made into tags when she is approved.

Hair: Pure white
Eyes: Emerald green
Weight: 120 lbs
Height: 5' 4''

Personality:
"Why blend in when you can lead the way."
"Well behaved woman rarely make history."
"Speak your mind even if your voice shakes."
"Be who you want to be not what other people think you should be."
"Change your thoughts and you change your world."

Are all some of her favorite quotes. Truth be told there are those that can never take her seriously, or more so can never see what potential she really has. Simply because she is a bit stranger then your average witch. She believes in the impossible even when you can't see it. Seems utterly fearless when it comes to facing the world and what it throws at her. "You do know that there could be a giant spider in this big dark hole right?... Yup, just means I have to out run you doesn't it." ~insert her sweet smile here~

And she is never afraid to try something new. Which has not gone well for her at times, after all you never really know what your going to get with those beans. Anne is normally the one to find some good in what is going on around her. Be it a rainy day or even having the sniffles. Now many would think that meant she was a push over, when in truth she has a strength to stand her ground that not many can match. Even if she is clearly biting off more then she can chew. Which usually doesn't accrue to her until one of her friends points that out. Not that it fazes her when they do. There are times when she can seem a bit spacey, lost in thought or what ever project she has taken on this time.

All in all she is strange, kind, wild, unpredictable, curious, observant, peaceful well until you give her a reason to be otherwise. Yes all in all Anne is a odd little duck. And truth be told she wouldn't have it any other way.
--

A Little Deeper:

Anneliese Runa Gabriella Archer a mouthful to say, but only a unique name would do for this unique girl. From the start she was not only a surprise but a handful. Even coming into this world she had to be different. She was in fact born on the Knight bus, there her parents were just trying to get on their way back home and suddenly Carla's water broke. And well Anne didn't waist any time joining them in this world. Even the first sounds that came from her were uniquely her own. Instead of crying as most babies would Anne filled the world with laughter as she was held by her father for the first time. At least that is how he always tells the story. And who could argue with a good story? Born happy and healthy the only real strange thing about the girl was the stark white hair on top of her head.

As the small girl grew it was evident that she wasn't like normal children. Yet no matter what strange thing she did her parents loved her dearly. Even as she climb trees to touch the sky. To the time that she stole her cousin Felix's stuffed dragon Pox because she believed that she was a pirate. And his dragon was simply a treasure she needed to plunder. Her love of old movies and music came from her dad, they could always be found listening to music while he worked. Or taking over the couch for old movie marathons. After all he had to make sure his baby girl knew about the good things in life. Her mother helped build her love for gardening and painting. But something that stuck around was her love to find old things and make them new. Granted some of her projects ended up better then others. All in all she took to and shined brightest with the things that sparked her creative nature.

From time to time her parents would take in some of the kids that her mother looked after. So Anne grew up thinking she had countless brothers and sisters. It probably explains why she is such a open and excepting person. Now at JWA Anne has grown, she is strong, confident, strange, open, and never afraid to just be herself.

Family:

Fathers Side:
Name: Jack Dane Archer
Blood Status: Pure blood and off shoot of the Archer family tree, a bit of the black sheep of the bunch

Mothers Side:
Name: Carla Nanette Archer
Blood Status:Pure blood

Ciosa

*sighs, lost*  Ok, I'm supposed to reserve people for characters somewhere.... what's the link, again?  Or do I do that here?