Not sure where to put this

Started by PerfectPoison, February 19, 2016, 04:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PerfectPoison

I don't really know if it's something that others have had trouble with or if maybe it's just my tablet but I've noticed when I go scolling through the forums the actual threads/comments will disappear and I'll just get the blue background or the comments will be blurry and freeze for a few minutes. This is the only site I've had this issue with so I just thought I'd bring it up in case it was a legit thing...if that makes sense.

Vekseid

Can this happen on any thread or just a few select ones?

PerfectPoison

Well I've only been to a few threads and it didn't do it in my introduction but it does it often in the Doormat thread, I think that's the title. But I've noticed that it does it when I was in the general area, um Elliquiy U I believe. I wasn't even in a thread when it happened.

AmberStarfire

It sounds like maybe they're not loading fast enough so the background is showing?

Vekseid

The site is currently very 'heavy' so really complicated threads may be a problem, though that should not be normally happening in the Doormat. Cleaning up the crud of this place is unfortunately an enormous issue : /

AmberStarfire

I've noticed the older threads are slower to load. The doormat thread dates from 2013, but it's still a fairly old thread with over 44,000 posts. Unless someone's got their posts order set up as reversed or they're clicking the newest post, the first page will likely load the oldest posts first, so I'd say that's slowing it down.

Vekseid

There are a lot of different reasons for that. Offset is evil.

We should probably rotate out the doormat thread. I'll need to update some scripts first, however.