Privilege [Seeking M or F for M/M or M/F]

Started by Argleblather, February 18, 2016, 02:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argleblather

I have a couple of thoughts/story ideas I'm looking to play. Gender doesn't particularly matter to either storyline, so long as the characters have some dimensionality and a strong sense of self. I'm also not looking to play characters who are under the age of twenty-five. Both plot lines center around the power/culture of money.

1. Modern Medici- looking for someone to play an artistic type in need of a patron to support their art.

2. Cut Loose - looking for someone to play a dilettante/socialite recently cut off from the family's funding.

3. Other ideas?

Playing opposite:

Lee was raised in a family of both provenance and privilege, and comes from quite old money. He's been taught very specific ways of approaching business and wealth. He both comes from money, and works hard at making it. Extremely driven, well-educated, he can be cutting and flattering in the same breath. He's used to getting what he wants and can be impatient with people. He's very close to the many branches of his family, and they form a significant part of his life, both privately and professionally. Lee can be almost obsessively secretive and quick tempered, but generous and fiercely protective of those who  make it into his inner circle. He is especially fond of lepidoptera, jazz, and funk music.

Preferred story style:
I very much prefer posts with 3+ paragraphs. Much shorter than that and I struggle with responses. All the little details interest me. I do a fair amount of research into my characters/worlds to get those little bits right, so it would be silly not to include them. Some samples of stories I've particularly enjoyed are included below:

War and Peace

The 13th Step

Please PM me if interested.
Rainbow Writer
A/A updated 3.31.2020. Discord: Argleblather#0643

Argleblather

2.29.16 - Rewritten with different prompts.
Rainbow Writer
A/A updated 3.31.2020. Discord: Argleblather#0643