What rpgs do you play face to face?

Started by Caehlim, September 17, 2008, 09:38:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HairyHeretic

Quote from: The Overlord on September 22, 2008, 08:08:41 AM
I'm assuming CoH meant City of Heroes? We should be seeing the same server list.  :-\

Yeah.
CoH = City of Heroes
CoV = City of Villains
CoX = Both

And we wouldn't be seeing the same servers. They have them split along European / US lines. I normally play on Union, and test builds on Defiant.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Transgirlenstein

Call of Cthulhu is my favorite rpg to play.  I've also played a lot of D&D from 2nd eiditon onwards and am looking to get into Castles&Crusaders.  Also a big WOD fan and a bigger fan of Ravenloft (I love me some Strahd).  Deadlands Classic, Hell on Earth and Reloaded are good time as is anything Savage Worlds.
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

The Overlord

Quote from: HairyHeretic on September 22, 2008, 12:55:21 PM
Yeah.
CoH = City of Heroes
CoV = City of Villains
CoX = Both

And we wouldn't be seeing the same servers. They have them split along European / US lines. I normally play on Union, and test builds on Defiant.

Curious...CoX must really have the community split up. In original EQ one of my old guildies on 7th Hammer/Lanys is Danish, and I see no such distinction in the game by continent. Even quite a few players I know in SWG are Australian. Pity. :-\

Bayushi

Quote from: The Overlord on September 23, 2008, 05:08:25 AMCurious...CoX must really have the community split up. In original EQ one of my old guildies on 7th Hammer/Lanys is Danish, and I see no such distinction in the game by continent. Even quite a few players I know in SWG are Australian. Pity. :-\

Just because the Europeans have their own servers does not mean that they choose to play on them.

Such as in WoW. A lot of Europeans, Chinese, and Australians play on US Realm Servers.

HairyHeretic

Yup. You're not restricted to the servers you play on, but if I'd wanted to play on a US server I would have needed to buy a US copy of the game. Same deal currently with WAR.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Bayushi

Quote from: HairyHeretic on September 23, 2008, 01:08:24 PMYup. You're not restricted to the servers you play on, but if I'd wanted to play on a US server I would have needed to buy a US copy of the game. Same deal currently with WAR.

Exactly.

In addition, there are a good number of American's abroad who play from other countries. Not to mention our servicepeople who buy the American retail version.

Plus, the Australians don't even have their own realm servers. They can play on American-Oceanic servers, which Americans are free to play on as well. That is, of course, if they choose to play there and not on the usual American realm server.

*shrugs*

SinXAzgard21

I've been playing D&D since the sixth grade, also me and my friends created a Mech tabletop RPG.  I still remember most the rules for it.... Might have to post it up when I get approved.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.