Crown Wars (3.P DnD, Forgotten Realms) (recruitment open)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, March 29, 2013, 03:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

who149

Quote from: NicciKotor on April 01, 2013, 10:25:45 AM
Working on your second and third in command and screwing them into a coma with my divine talents. Getting enough of them into my way of thinking and eventually staging a sexy coup and storming your quarters and having a sexy party right then and there.

Eventually helping her out with her adorable war effort, since I don't want anything bad to happen to my favorite chew toy.

And of course she doesn't just shoo you away. For one, She thinks a powerful outsider like yourself would me immensely useful for the war. That, and she kind of likes the eye candy (not like she'll admit it though), at least when said eye candy isn't screwing up formations and making her men late for training. (Then the realization that I basically made her a Tsundere)

Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

NicciKotor

Quote from: who149 on April 01, 2013, 10:38:44 AM
And of course she doesn't just shoo you away. For one, She thinks a powerful outsider like yourself would me immensely useful for the war. That, and she kind of likes the eye candy (not like she'll admit it though), at least when said eye candy isn't screwing up formations and making her men late for training. (Then the realization that I basically made her a Tsundere)

Naturally I find all of this army discipline to be terrible for morale and I do my best to cheer them up with fun prizes and gifts. I do intend to be an amazing cook with my divine cookies and how when mortals eat divine cooking is just a taste explosion of pure pleasure. Eventually getting your adorable army all jazzed up to try to obtain more of my desserts, since that is the only thing we eat in my home plane.

So I can issue naughty contests with the winners getting my cookies and maybe a night out in the town with a date with me. Contests like whomever can obtain the largest quantity of their commanders panties or a lewd poetry contest. Maybe a naughty game of hide and seek, where I sneak about the castle compound naked and using my spells to avoid getting caught. Having your men just going nuts with searching the place and trying to catch me. With whomever can properly grab me and pin me down gets a nice night of debauchery and divine cake.

That and I could casually remark that I left a necklace in your chambers and how grateful I would be if some brave warrior were to go up into there and get it for me. How grateful I would be for having such a champion to help me in my dire need and how willing I would be to grant him a favor.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

who149

Quote from: NicciKotor on April 01, 2013, 10:57:55 AM
Naturally I find all of this army discipline to be terrible for morale and I do my best to cheer them up with fun prizes and gifts. I do intend to be an amazing cook with my divine cookies and how when mortals eat divine cooking is just a taste explosion of pure pleasure. Eventually getting your adorable army all jazzed up to try to obtain more of my desserts, since that is the only thing we eat in my home plane.

So I can issue naughty contests with the winners getting my cookies and maybe a night out in the town with a date with me. Contests like whomever can obtain the largest quantity of their commanders panties or a lewd poetry contest. Maybe a naughty game of hide and seek, where I sneak about the castle compound naked and using my spells to avoid getting caught. Having your men just going nuts with searching the place and trying to catch me. With whomever can properly grab me and pin me down gets a nice night of debauchery and divine cake.

That and I could casually remark that I left a necklace in your chambers and how grateful I would be if some brave warrior were to go up into there and get it for me. How grateful I would be for having such a champion to help me in my dire need and how willing I would be to grant him a favor.

And of course after the 3rd or 4th court marshal I have to make, I myself will be seeking you out during these games, in my on-going quest to get some sleep as well as not have people interrupt me when i'm blowing off steam in my bed chambers. Steam you have no doubt caused in multiple ways.

In other news, I have decided on my Follower Breakdown. This shall be my Battalion

Followers (leadership 17)

Level 1 -300
Level 2 -30 (0)
Level 3 -10 (0)
Level 4 -10 (0)

5 Heavy Tower Guard (Level 4)
5 Medium Tower Guard (Level 3)
10 Light Tower Guard (level 2)

5 High Clerics (Level 3)
5 Mid Clerics (level 2)

2 High Sorcerers

3 Special Ops (3 Heroic Followers) (Level 4)
- Rouge
- Fighter
- Sorcerer

10 Trained Archers (Level 2)
5 Trained Assassins (level 2)

150 Foot soldiers (Level 1)
100 Archers (Level 1)
50 Low Clerics (Level 1

Ons and offs!

Anon315

*chuckle* I could win many of those contests... Also, considering upping myself to noble as there don't seem to be any others on the low track and I fear there won't be anyone for me to play with that can't kill me accidentally.

kckolbe

The difference between nobles and commoners is huge.  Not only could your cohort own me, but you have followers on par with me.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Callie Del Noire

Looking over the follower/cohort rules.. trying to figure out what/who is working for Rhea.

Anon315

Quote from: kckolbe on April 01, 2013, 11:33:11 AM
The difference between nobles and commoners is huge.  Not only could your cohort own me, but you have followers on par with me.

Ah, you're also a commoner? I thought I was alone.

kckolbe

No, you aren't.  Not everyone can be a noble, after all.  Here is what I have so far.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=544600
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: who149 on March 31, 2013, 11:30:36 PM
Hey, Is Knight allowed access to Feats that say "Fighter level"? Because its bonus feats mention those particular feats as one of there choices.

Well, it lists weapon specialization and so I would approve the idea the knight has fighter levels for feat requirements but only with -2 to his/her normal level. So a 6th level knight is 4th level fighter for feat requirements.

Muse

If there's still a slot for such open, I'd like to sign up for a noble dark elf from Ardeep.  (That's the nation being invaded, right?)

She hadn't expected to become head of the house and was content to protect all elvendom as a bladesinger.  Her brother, however has recently died or gone missing, shortly after her parents passed on.  Now she's trying to learn political acumen fast. 

It would be fun if one of the enemy nobles had the hots for her.  (Probably a political ambitions involving producing an heir with her too.)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Kolbrandr

It's the crown wars, almost everyone goes to war with someone at some point really. But the initial opening shots are Aryvandaar taking a run at Miyeritar because they feel it belongs to them by (nebulous) right, and from there things spiral..

edit: And that nation still has a space open I think, if you're looking to be a dark elf from the not necessarily ultimately whoa evil dark elf nation (ultimately the Miyeritari were a mix of unfairly maligned/some of them driven to the likes of Lloth and what have you as they got increasingly hammered and desperate and crushed underfoot. Compared to the Illythiri, who had started embracing corruption /well/ beforehand, they're held up as having gotten a fairly raw deal out of the whole thing)

who149

Expecting an attack any day now, Lady Miranda of the Miyertar army has been training her troops, as well as herself. Set up in an stronghold close the the Aryvandaar-Miyeytar border, Miranda does her best too keep her men in line, knowing any slip up could cost not only there own lives, but the lives of her entire empire. Everything was in ship shape, when an unexpected visitor decided to drop in.

Ons and offs!

kckolbe

Just wondering, but aside from the 3 per area, is there a limit on nobles per area?  It seems not, but figured I would ask.  I worry that a nation with 3 nobles could steamroll a nation of 2 commoners and 1 noble, loot them, then be pretty much unstoppable.

Intro Thread

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: kckolbe on April 01, 2013, 12:15:45 PM
Just wondering, but aside from the 3 per area, is there a limit on nobles per area?  It seems not, but figured I would ask.  I worry that a nation with 3 nobles could steamroll a nation of 2 commoners and 1 noble, loot them, then be pretty much unstoppable.

True in PC vs PC match up wise but you forget the NPC's who make up local nobility also and some of them crack up on epic levels (there is freaking coronal who soloed two red dragons who were wyrm category). I thinked limit it for 1 noble per kingdom but did not want players fight over noble spots so I let it lay it be.

Quote from: who149 on April 01, 2013, 12:08:34 PM
Expecting an attack any day now, Lady Miranda of the Miyertar army has been training her troops, as well as herself. Set up in an stronghold close the the Aryvandaar-Miyeytar border, Miranda does her best too keep her men in line, knowing any slip up could cost not only there own lives, but the lives of her entire empire. Everything was in ship shape, when an unexpected visitor decided to drop in.

Well, if you do not mind Nicci's posting style then you can meet her and actually that happening supports very well on the initial entrance Nicci's char does in crashlanding on Aryvandarri empire and killing half-dozen high ranked nobles with meteor landing and then runs off from kingdom doing her usual mischief and when she arrives Miyeritari, then archmage from Aryvandari had succeed track her down and then they think the whole 'meteor landing' was Miyeritari plot to assassinate their diplomats meant send to convince about their claim peacefully.....all too perfect give Aryvandari a excuse to launch the mass military strike to crush Miyeritari under their feet.

One reason why Aryvandaari nobles get gross x500 follower multiplier on military personnel is to support Aryvandaari military superiority and that they have planned for Crown Wars well ahead the time by increasing military training on people and encourage picking military careers. In addition Aryvandaari have one well established military academies and also access to nice amount of war arsenal which they have builded.

Quote from: Muse on April 01, 2013, 11:52:22 AM
  If there's still a slot for such open, I'd like to sign up for a noble dark elf from Ardeep.  (That's the nation being invaded, right?)

She hadn't expected to become head of the house and was content to protect all elvendom as a bladesinger.  Her brother, however has recently died or gone missing, shortly after her parents passed on.  Now she's trying to learn political acumen fast. 

It would be fun if one of the enemy nobles had the hots for her.  (Probably a political ambitions involving producing an heir with her too.)

Ardeep is not invaded in opening scenario but it can be invaded later date as ambition of Aryvandaari knows no bounds. They want conquer all elven lands, period. Miyeritari is the nation invaded at the moment as it was said.

Kolbrandr

It's also the other big dark elf nation, if you want to be one. Miyeritar that is.

RubySlippers

Oh, anyone under my character I need followers that can deal with non-elves.

Kolbrandr

Okay, for people without Lost Empires of Faerun/Grand History of the Realms, a quick rundown of nations that would probably help out.

Aryvandaar: Sun elf ruled large and powerful nation, sees itself as rightful unifier and overlord of the elves for how far along it is compared to everyone else, very tenuous (to possibly not really existant and a thin justification) ties to Miyeritar's ruling houses from their own, been attempting to get Miyeritar to fold into their nation via diplomacy for a while, this has not been working. Secretly the arrogance of the ruling caste of the nation is being egged on by fiendish corruption from within at the hands of a fallen solar that was cast down by Corellon Larethian into the hells, who is the hidden patron of the Vyshaan, the ruling clan of the nation, the Coronal (elf title for their king or queen) comes from it. Canonically speaking after several centuries of war, Corellon Larethian himself proclaims "okay, that's enough, also the Vyshaan have lost their right to rule, also new political structure", the Vyshaan's violent military refusal results in every other remaining nation (the drow have already been cast down at this point) uniting against them and putting them and Aryvandaar down.

Miyeritar: Nation of dark elves in a renaissance of art and magic and the like, under pressure from Aryvandaar to join them. Not actually evil, or Lolth worshipping, or any such thing, certainly at least at the beginning (Elistraee is decently popular there, as deities go), as they get hammered and conquered and despairing, corruption weaves its way in a lil bit, but not really to the point of the other dark elf nation. Some also find secret support and sanctuary in Illefarn instead of such developments. Some of them also form resistance movements within their occupied land. Basically they get blamed for a lot of shit that isn't their fault at all, particularly by the Aryvandaar who are always looking to justify their rolling waves of conquest and then oppressive reigns over conquered peoples. Most of them (which is to say more accurately, such few as survive things like a magical cataclysm Aryvandaar ultimately throws on them after several centuries of conflict) end up being cast down with the rest of the now become the drow, due to sidescatter of the magic that did it in a lot of cases. Speaking of which..

Illythir: Do you like evil? Because this is your other place for it. Parts of the Illythiri dark elf noble houses have been toying with stuff like Ghaundaur worship well before the crown wars, if keeping it a secret, doing things like trying to secretly goad wars between their neighbour nations (various green and moon elf countries) for no real good reason. When said wars start, this nation, ultimately egged on by corruption efforts from Lolth that some would argue was not exactly a huge leap for these fellows, the Illythir basically use it as an excuse for general rampage and power mongering, branching out from attacks in the Aryvandaar's direction as far as anyone remotely tied to them to burning various elf kingdoms wholesale. Actual burning, they destroy whole swaths of forest and everyone in em. An effort by several elf kingdoms together to invade and try and break Illythir off their corruption will ultimately fail. Illythir, compared to the being secretly evil parts of Aryvandaar, ultimately starts openly rocking out as what they are, being more blatant about their atrocities, and ultimately gets rumbled by the rest of elfdom and cursed and cast down to the underdark to become the drow.

Shantel Othreier: A moon elf ruled nation being pressured by Aryvandaar to join them, currently via diplomacy. The people there have a similar ongoing "stfu" response. One of the bigger, more powerful nations, and actually powerful enough that they manage to hold out against being ultimately attacked by Aryvandaar (once they conquer Miyeritar) for quite some time (though they do slowly lose territory to them), they're even able to endure the loss of forces they contributed to the war against the Illythiri, being one of the leaders of that effort. It takes the probable assassination of their pretty buff Coronal for Aryvandaar to finally conquer them. Ultimately they're one of the nations the Illythiri later rampage on and destroy (having been conquered helped that out)

Ardeep: A moon elf nation, initially vassals of Shantel Othreier, when that nation gets conquered as the crown wars go on, they have to go it on their own, but surprisingly manage to maintain their freedom from Aryvandaar for quite some time, with again, leader death making for their ultimately being conquered. They seem a bit more green elf influenced-ish in their overall shtick.

THeanytaar: A green elf kingdom (so, you know, semi tribal, especially forest dwelling, that kind of thing), especially ancient, one of the big nations of the alliance against Illythir and their rampages in the aforementioned invasion to break them off their corruption. Its failure ultimately contributes to this particular nation getting wiped the hell out by the Illythiri.

Eiellûr: Same deal as the above kingdom, green elves, quite old, part of that alliance. They fell though due to traitors from within looking to appease the Illythiri.

Ilefarn: The great sun elf nation of the furthest west (and probably made such in a bit of a retcon so as to go "see? not all the sun elves were awful"), powerful enough that when they basically declared themselves neutral, no one especially tried to challenge them, or that political position for almost the entire crown wars (note almost, they do finally suffer from it near the end). Their biggest involvements canonically were giving clandestine support to Miyeritar, which largely took the shape of smuggling communities of them into their own nation to give them sanctuary as the crown wars got worse. They also at one point basically spent 10 years straight mass praying to the gods for the end of the Crown Wars.

Syòrpiir: A nation where sun and moon elves came together to rule, you know, together. So that's all noble and near singular and stuff. So obviously if we need to establish the whoa evil of the Ilythiri, guess which nation they're going to wipe out first as the Crown Wars roll on. This is part of what goads an alliance of a few other nations to take a run at the Illythiri in the midst of all the Aryvandaar trying to conquer people stuff.

Orishaar: A moon elf nation that, shockingly, had a good relationship with Aryvandaar, to the point of being an independant trading partner (yeah, this probably would have changed as Aryvandaar fully comitted as hardcore as possible to Conquer! Everything! as the crown wars rolled on). Which was seen by the Illythiri as a good enough excuse to include these people on a "let's wipe out smaller elf nations" hit parade, as one of their thin justifications was revenge against Aryvandaar before they just openly rolled with "and you know, also Lolth and demon lords and stuff said it would be fun".

Keltormir: A nation where green and moon elves came together to build and rule a nation and the result was badasses. A nation that managed to hold out against the Illythiri rampage (and Aryvandaar, and whoever really. The Keltomir national motto is probably some kind of elven variant of "Come at me bro") , despite having lost troops in that whole earlier invasion of it. A nation founded by dragonslayers. A nation that furthermore survived the crown wars without having been conquered at one point (whereas even Ilefarn near the end was subjugated for a bit), though they did lose territory as it went on.

I can do a quick little capsule summary of the different elf types as well if anyone would find that helpful. But otherwise very rough and not super accurate.. the sun elves are like a copper skinned Noldor- advanced, potent, capable of great grandeur, inclined to build big grand societies, but also arrogant and domineering, the moon elves are the closest to your standard fantasy elves as you might get, the green elves are a more tribalized and especially embracing of the forest sorts of elves (think like.. kinda sorta the Mirkwood elves to again dip into Tolkien), the dark elves are kinda sorta like the moon elves, but with darker skin

RubySlippers

Enter the PC's, there is the timeline and we are going to mess with it. ;D

Kolbrandr

If details seem scant for some of those entries, well, not all those countries are super detailed to be honest. But that gives you lisence to come up with your own relevant details (with GM approval and all obviously)! Opportunity!

Kolbrandr

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 01, 2013, 01:18:17 PM
Enter the PC's, there is the timeline and we are going to mess with it. ;D

Yeap. Just trying to give people a sense of stuff.

kckolbe

Looks like I picked a place with low survivability (Syopiir).  oh well, guess I'll be a "free agent" before too long.

Intro Thread

Kolbrandr

Hey, you at least picked one of the more tragically noble. And stuff might go differently, you never know!

PaleEnchantress

Im really loving some of the pathfinder psionic options. I'm thinking my cohort will be an evil vitalist who exploits his psychic network and forces people into it in order to torture and drain their essence out and spread it amongst his allies within the network. His ultimate goal is to create a perfect police state by making any would be rebels into brainwashed copies of himself via Mind Seed. This adds to ther creepy factor as everyone looks different but they are all the same, and ultimately loyal to Eiseth Zenunim.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Zaer Darkwail

Psionics are allowed (unlike in many Pathfinder games) but I limit them to only 1 per nation (including cohorts). As psionics are very rare talent overall.

Anyways thanks a lot from that summary Kolbrandr, I add it into my first page.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 01, 2013, 03:17:01 PM
Psionics are allowed (unlike in many Pathfinder games) but I limit them to only 1 per nation (including cohorts). As psionics are very rare talent overall.

Anyways thanks a lot from that summary Kolbrandr, I add it into my first page.

Psionics is that rare? That limits certain uses of it since percussionists have a lot of abilities to strengthen each other.  Of course the "Thought Police" will change that. Let me put my cohort as the psionicist of Arvyndaar then before someone else grabs it.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img